[Discussion] Do creationists have a solid reason to believe so other than counter?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think creationism comes just from wanting to believe what is in the bible or the quran or whatever, it doesn't come from scientific study people just want to believe and they justify creationism because it matches with their faith.

Genocide

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
spiritual and solidifies their 'god' as almight ect and gives their story more meaning and the god more power but not really a 'solid' reason

Callypigia

Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You forgot to mention Intelligent Design, which posits that there was some sort of god that set the design of the universe into motion, including evolution. I was watching a program on string theory; they were discussing the possibility of a god. One physicist (Michio Kaku I believe) said, "if there is a god, he's one hell of a mathematician.")

OT: I can't really imagine anyone believing in Creationism for anything other than religious reasons. I've only actually met one person who thought the world was 6,000 years old. Even if you question evolution (it's good to question as long as you keep investigating), someone who believes the Earth is 6,000 years old has to be living in a lot of denial.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't believe in creationism in the creation sense that the world started a couple thousand years ago. I do believe in the Adam and eve story not based on a direct tangible proof of it because those things are labeled miracles and are a tennant of faith. Moses splitting sea is a miracle being a believer means I believe that's possible based on how I see reality as a living conscious place.

And to believe in miracles being possible have to have reason to believe there's a divine reality. Two things the average person can ponder on is if reality has a beginning if you look at reality around is its finite and dependent reality showing its caused what ever this casual agent is a free agent since it's not restricted by casuality.

Another thing to ponder on is the question of free will and what I mean by this is do we have choice in reality does in a determinatistic casual reality free agents exist. With choice there's accountability are we accountable in life or not. If you believe free will doesn't exist then why would we even question our consciousness and not be just robots unaware fulfilling a role. This is my shortest explanation of why I believe in GOD and creationism.

Last edited:

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Is Creationism that different from Computationalism? In both we were created by a thing or being we can never see or experience and our actions are dictated by either fate or coding.
I've just researched that I'm not sure if I completely understand the premise but I think it equates the brain into a computer and the mind is a result of those parts operating is this a correct understanding of it?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've just researched that I'm not sure if I completely understand the premise but I think it equates the brain into a computer and the mind is a result of those parts operating is this a correct understanding of it?
The way I understood it it's a theory that states this is all a simulation and we're all program running through a code and essentially what we're calling God is the programmer. You then have the idea that some of those subjects can become aware that they are in a simulation yet even if they acknowledge that there was a master programmer the majority won't.

Computationalism would be the thoughts we would think we were experiencing but in reality they are also just code, computationalism is the concept that thoughts and concepts and feelings can be created through coding, I think.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The way I understood it it's a theory that states this is all a simulation and we're all program running through a code and essentially what we're calling God is the programmer. You then have the idea that some of those subjects can become aware that they are in a simulation yet even if they acknowledge that there was a master programmer the majority won't.

Computationalism would be the thoughts we would think we were experiencing but in reality they are also just code, computationalism is the concept that thoughts and concepts and feelings can be created through coding, I think.
Thanks for the clarification

Our Lord Sasuke

Regular
Kin
28💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People want to believe just because makes them look special and valuable, a God who created them for a reason, they are superior to other species. A world without God make people insignificant and just a pure accident, and they do not want to accept, because ruin their reality, and is funny in the same time.

SamAdams

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean if creationists exist here, can you explain a reason to be one? Whether it's religious, experimental or etc reason

Growing up in the Bible belt of America I can speak from my own experience and say that when creationism is all that anyone around you believes as you grow up and its reinforced weekly in Church, most people as they get older refuse to have their world view shattered by a competing idea.
Fortunately for me I have always questioned everything and didn't fall prey to that cycle.

SamAdams

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You forgot to mention Intelligent Design, which posits that there was some sort of god that set the design of the universe into motion, including evolution. I was watching a program on string theory; they were discussing the possibility of a god. One physicist (Michio Kaku I believe) said, "if there is a god, he's one hell of a mathematician.")

OT: I can't really imagine anyone believing in Creationism for anything other than religious reasons. I've only actually met one person who thought the world was 6,000 years old. Even if you question evolution (it's good to question as long as you keep investigating), someone who believes the Earth is 6,000 years old has to be living in a lot of denial.

You would be surprised at just how many people do believe the world is only 6,000 years old. That line of thought is all around me.

As for Intelligent Design, it makes sense to me but I remain open minded and aware that my upbringing may at times lend an unconscious bias that I fail to recognize and for that reason I prefer to listen more than I speak in regards to such matters.

Yang release

Regular
Kin
10💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeshua reveals this when you have a close relationship with him and pray and ask for wisdom, I used to be the same way always questioning things and saying how ? HOW !? . But he revealed what I wanted to know and it makes perfect sense idk it's too real to understand.