[Discussion] Did Kaido mess up the power-scaling?

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People used to say and some still say that Yonko FM can push an Admiral to med-high diff before eventually loosing the fight but Kaido just baby-shaked G4 Luffy who is obviously Yonko FM Level.

So now can we still say a Yonko FM can push an Admiral to med-high diff? If so does this mean that Yonko are above Admirals?

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kaido is the power scale...

Just to throw it out there... A dying whitebeard took on the admirals with a hole in his chest... he was yanko... aint all about pure power for yonko though, luffy up there because of the trouble he causes and shit

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think Kaido is simply exceptionally powerful even for a yonko. I initially thought something along those lines though. Even Big Mom considers him inhuman and his hype says to bet on him in a 1 on 1, so he just can't be the standard for yonko.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was rewatching MF and honestly it's always been a bit wonky looking back. Why were the WB pirates having such a hard time against VA's and people below Admiral. The Pacifista specifically, MF they were having a hard time, but post skip Luffy and others one shotted the same machines and we know they're not yonko level yet so why was WB's crew having trouble with them?

Dęvîa Puęrî

Elite
Kin
515💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not really why because he's top tier Luffy isn't he's right below top tier

I feel the admirals (at least former) can easily do what kaido did in terms of one shotting luffy with minimal difficulty

Itachi Minato

Veteran
Kin
23💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was rewatching MF and honestly it's always been a bit wonky looking back. Why were the WB pirates having such a hard time against VA's and people below Admiral. The Pacifista specifically, MF they were having a hard time, but post skip Luffy and others one shotted the same machines and we know they're not yonko level yet so why was WB's crew having trouble with them?
Tbh I kind of saw this coming. Pre time skip everyone was just shown weaker.

Dęvîa Puęrî

Elite
Kin
515💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A step below top tier (just clarifying top tier being the best tier). I definitely thing Big mom can one shot katakuri or his King as easily as Kaido did Luffy. I put luffy on first mate level in terms of damage out put and technique however not fully there due to time restraints for his gear 4th mode (which did absolutely nothing to big mom or kaido but was more than enough for Yonko commander level and first mate level). From dofflamingo to Katkuri Luffy all of luffys wins have had some sort of circumstance. Doflamingo he got gamma knifed. Cracker was Uber weak to physical attacks ie glass cannon. Katakuri injuring himself because of his honor.

Last edited:

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A step below top tier (just clarifying top tier being the best tier). I definitely thing Big mom can one shot katakuri or his King as easily as Kaido did Luffy. I put luffy on first mate level in terms of damage out put and technique however not fully there due to time restraints for his gear 4th mode (which did absolutely nothing to big mom or kaido but was more than enough for Yonko commander level and first mate level). From dofflamingo to Katkuri Luffy all of luffys wins have had some sort of circumstance. Doflamingo he got gamma knifed. Cracker was Uber weak to physical attacks ie glass cannon. Katakuri injuring himself because of his honor.
A step below does not mean you can get one shot. Marco wasn’t shown to be able to be someone that could have been one shot by the admirals. Even doffy was shown to withstand a freezing attack from aokiji. I would not expect luffy to get one shot by that attack. And in general I would expect that he can at the very least damage or be able to some what of a low diff challenge to the admirals. Kaido is simply the best of the best. He’s truly probably a step above the admirals as shown by his feats and hype.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A step below does not mean you can get one shot. Marco wasn’t shown to be able to be someone that could have been one shot by the admirals. Even doffy was shown to withstand a freezing attack from aokiji. I would not expect luffy to get one shot by that attack. And in general I would expect that he can at the very least damage or be able to some what of a low diff challenge to the admirals. Kaido is simply the best of the best. He’s truly probably a step above the admirals as shown by his feats and hype.
In all fairness aokiji wasn't trying to freeze doffy to the bone like he did wb . If wb couldn't have made earthquakes he would've been beat right there.

Aokiji could've very easily one shot doffy if he had wanted too
Post automatically merged:

Kaido and Shanks are top tier , luffys defeat was coming up already it will be interesting how they will manage put down beast pirates.
I think if majority of big mom's children come with her than they can wipe out almost any nation by theirselves. I still stand firmly behind big mom having the strongest family/crew.

Her crew/family is just to have
Big mom is herself. Plus add her homies.
Prometheus and Zeus can't be hurt and can just tear anything up
Katakuri can see in the future, plan stuff out, plus has awakening to turn the surrounding into mochi
Cracker and his biscuits ... Nuff said . Each biscuit is literally as strong post skip Luffy w/o g4
Prospero and all his candy
Ovens no diffing anyone in water
Brulee has access to anywhere with a mirror and can attack like they did shs ship
Montd who can go around and place everyone under illusions.

And than there's average Joe's of the crew who don't even have a df like amande who can easily defeat even crocodile

Along with the obvious daifuku,smoothie and whatnot.
And besides the whole big mom having numbers and wide range and versatile bf users. Look at her lower people the ministers like oven and daifuku. And then take some of the lower people of kaidos, like Hawkins and Drake... IDK if I'm the only one that thinks this but.. oven is melting Drake and the genie is slashing through all 10 lives.. or the genie is cutting up Trex soup and oven is burning down the scarecrows he noticed in the back yard of his new house

Last edited:

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's common among manga and most long stories the mc's get stronger and so do the characters they interact with later on.
I agree with you but disagree with the others. Oda is a God for reasons. He doesn't mess up like that. Pre timeskip, whitebeard was the world's strongest man with the strongest paramecia fruit. His attacks were the craziest we had ever seen....... Post time skip...... His attacks ... Still outshine anything we've seen.

To put it perspective, if whitebeard had struck Luffy in the head with even a casual quake fist, like kaido did with his club.... There would be no more Luffy :(

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In all fairness aokiji wasn't trying to freeze doffy to the bone like he did wb . If wb couldn't have made earthquakes he would've been beat right there.

Aokiji could've very easily one shot doffy if he had wanted too
Post automatically merged:

I think if majority of big mom's children come with her than they can wipe out almost any nation by theirselves. I still stand firmly behind big mom having the strongest family/crew.

Her crew/family is just to have
Big mom is herself. Plus add her homies.
Prometheus and Zeus can't be hurt and can just tear anything up
Katakuri can see in the future, plan stuff out, plus has awakening to turn the surrounding into mochi
Cracker and his biscuits ... Nuff said . Each biscuit is literally as strong post skip Luffy w/o g4
Prospero and all his candy
Ovens no diffing anyone in water
Brulee has access to anywhere with a mirror and can attack like they did shs ship
Montd who can go around and place everyone under illusions.

And than there's average Joe's of the crew who don't even have a df like amande who can easily defeat even crocodile

Along with the obvious daifuku,smoothie and whatnot.
And besides the whole big mom having numbers and wide range and versatile bf users. Look at her lower people the ministers like oven and daifuku. And then take some of the lower people of kaidos, like Hawkins and Drake... IDK if I'm the only one that thinks this but.. oven is melting Drake and the genie is slashing through all 10 lives.. or the genie is cutting up Trex soup and oven is burning down the scarecrows he noticed in the back yard of his new house
wb is also naturally strong so I don’t think he would’ve died there. Aokiji did try and doffy came out of with ease. Aokiji also warned the marines about doffy, the interactions didn’t indicate that doffy was someone they could just low diff.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
wb is also naturally strong so I don’t think he would’ve died there. Aokiji did try and doffy came out of with ease. Aokiji also warned the marines about doffy, the interactions didn’t indicate that doffy was someone they could just low diff.
Kinda did for me when everyone said oh thank God he didn't freeze him go the bone. Which he can if he wants. And unless you're an earthquake man or some type of heat, you're dying if frozen to the bone. Of course someone like big mom we don't know if he could even get past her skin. But in situations where he can freeze someone to the bone like doffy . He's gonna win then and there

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kinda did for me when everyone said oh thank God he didn't freeze him go the bone. Which he can if he wants. And unless you're an earthquake man or some type of heat, you're dying if frozen to the bone. Of course someone like big mom we don't know if he could even get past her skin. But in situations where he can freeze someone to the bone like doffy . He's gonna win then and there
It wasn’t everyone. It was buffalo, he was just happy there was no damage, if doffy was weaker then that would’ve happened but he broke out immediately. Kiran also had more of his face frozen and froze a lot of the surrounding area. He was trying to save his good friend as well. There was no reason for him to go easy on doffy. All these factors make it seem like doffy was clearly not going to get one shot by aokiji. Do u think he can do that to shanks or kaido?

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It wasn’t everyone. It was buffalo, he was just happy there was no damage, if doffy was weaker then that would’ve happened but he broke out immediately. Kiran also had more of his face frozen and froze a lot of the surrounding area. He was trying to save his good friend as well. There was no reason for him to go easy on doffy. All these factors make it seem like doffy was clearly not going to get one shot by aokiji. Do u think he can do that to shanks or kaido?
No, too strong of armament haki to reach the bone imo kinda like big mom

Dęvîa Puęrî

Elite
Kin
515💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I honestly would expect luffy to get one shoted by either of the attacks kizaru or akouji did to doffy or Marco.

The reason they didn't get one shotted was because of their mastery of their df and how they work. Luffy should still get one shotted if akoiji gets a clean ice hit in similar to jozu