blazekev90

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know what this stopped, but happen to common courtesy when deletingthreads?

There have been mmultiple threads deleted, not closed, with no explanation or warning.

As users, especially for those who pay i think we have the right to that at least, like really? Pages dedicated just gone, smh.

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Especially since the thread in particular broke absolutely no rules in the Terms and Conditions of the site. Okay, one member said a swear word that was censored. I suppose that could warrant...nah.

Headmaster

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
These actions most likely occurred.

severe spam, bashing, off topic posting, and other things which violates NB Global Rules.

Mods don't just delete threads for the joy of it, they have reasons.

if you want to know why it was closed specificaly pm a mod.

Last edited:

Headmaster

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rrgardless...! There is nothing wrong with notifying everyone the thread(s) wrong section.

This has happened multiple times and it's very annoying.
Maybe you wouldn't have to ask these questions if you read the rules.

First off the thread your most likely talking about was NB dying?

that thread was a spam thread. it was discussed multiple times.
Members were bashing the staff.
the thread had a lot of off topic responses.

that was to much to clean up by deleting posts, and etc. So they deleted it.

blazekev90

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe you wouldn't have to ask these questions if you read the rules.

First off the thread your most likely talking about was NB dying?

that thread was a spam thread. it was discussed multiple times.
The spam bashed the staff.
the thread had a lot of off topic responses.

that was to much to clean up by deleting posts, and etc. So they deleted it.
Ima tell u this once N only once, dontquote me again newbie (period) .

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
that thread was a spam thread
This is not what spam is defined as.

Members were bashing the staff.
There is a difference between insulting and criticism, which is what the Terms and Conditions state in ambiguity.

that was to much to clean up by deleting posts
I dispute this, as it takes little more than right clicking a trash can icon and selecting "new tab" for all entries for fast clean up.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is not what spam is defined as.

There is a difference between insulting and criticism, which is what the Terms and Conditions state in ambiguity.

I dispute this, as it takes little more than right clicking a trash can icon and selecting "new tab" for all entries for fast clean up.
You can dispute whatever you want but please contact gmod or one of the admins directly for that . Any discussion about mod rulings in threads is to be avoided. Making threads or discussing if the mod made the right choice among you won't resolve anything. We do not allow posts and threads directed personally at any other member. Moderators do not lose this privilege given to all members just because they volunteered to help. They are usually following the guidelines given to them. if they are making a mistake it's admins job to guide them not yours.

And for some reason you think that the same buttons/options and approach fits all the sites...

It doesn't work that way. Every site has it's own rules and way of running things which work best for them.

We try to save as many threads as we can but members need to cooperate more as well. Please read the rules and section descriptions. If you truly think a thread was deleted by mistake contact one of the section mods or a s- mod.

Last edited:

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know what this stopped, but happen to common courtesy when deletingthreads?

There have been mmultiple threads deleted, not closed, with no explanation or warning.

As users, especially for those who pay i think we have the right to that at least, like really? Pages dedicated just gone, smh.
All a member has to do is ask, via VM/PM, a staff member whom has jurisdiction over whatever section the thread was in.
We are more than happy to explain why a given thread was closed/deleted to whomever might be curious.
There is no need to notify every member. Yes, the vast majority of the time.. it is terribly obvious as to why it was deleted.
Also, those whom get warned/infracted are given explanations as to why they have been reprimanded.

Exactly. If they can move a thread to the chatterbox, why not move threads to the general discussion if they are accidentally put into the naruto discussion?
Jumping the gun aren't we? Given staff members time to evaluate threads. Also, sometimes members whom made original posts will request that a staff member close their threads down or sometimes outright delete it. Now.. if a thread is made in the wrong section, understand that like any other thread, we may review it before moving it to the proper section.

Especially since the thread in particular broke absolutely no rules in the Terms and Conditions of the site. Okay, one member said a swear word that was censored. I suppose that could warrant...nah.
Is that all you found? I ended up having to delete 18 posts in that thread, along with having to move it.
It's certainly not hard to move threads, what takes time is taking more than cursory glance at every single post in a given thread and appraising whether or not they adhere to the forum rules. All you've really done is state incorrect numbers.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.