Disquiet

Supreme
Kin
2💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay, so this was Obscoral's idea, but he wanted me to make the suggestion thread and do all the work. -_-

Anyways, what I am suggesting here is to give members the option of choosing a default font. Yes, I used the search bar, which turned out to be pretty helpful.

One I found ended with King Candy (I think this is Scorp's?) saying that it's currently not possible. This is before the upgrade.

In thread, the OP (Alternative) states that he found the plug-ins necessary for implementing this feature. Still, the suggestion died and a member in that thread claimed it was turned down before. So, I know the percentage of success for this suggestion may be small. Still, it was before the upgrade. And as Scorps said, it was impossible to implement at that time (which is a year and some months after the previous suggestion). So, maybe that's the reason it was turned down in the premium section?

I believe was the last suggestion made on the matter. Now this was indeed after the upgrade. But, 4 months earlier the awards were brought back after nearly a month of absence. A month earlier than the date of that thread, plug-ins were installed and maintenance was done. A month after the thread, even more maintenance was done to the site. Also, if you look at the date of that thread, and the date Versuvio edited his post in the "Problems NB' thread, you would see they share the same date (you can check all I have said regarding maintenance in the announcement section). Anyways, what I'm saying is there's a huge possibility they were real busy and was focused on more important features and problems. So, two threads I found were before the upgrade, and in one of them a mod said it was currently impossible, so no wonder it was turned down. And the latest thread was made during a time of extreme maintenance. So, I think this gives me a bit of justification for bringing this up again.

Now obviously the admins know the reason it was ignored/declined, this is more for the members' "This been suggested before" comments. :heh:

As for my opinion on the matter, I've seen members use their own fonts all around the forum. So, it would be very convenient for the members that do (I only use it in FG, not when partaking in long discussions or making long posts as many other members do). Simply applying one's own font can to such simple post as I do in fg can be bothersome, I can't even imagine the other members problems that writes walls of texts. Also, some of the posts in the threads I provided can attest to this. Of course, I know this decision is ultimately up to the admins. But yeah, just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Οdin and Crow Zero

Neonian

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You sure know how to make a question with some support.
Well it'll be more nicer, then to have to keep my favorite font in "paste mode".

Off Topic: I wish we still had additional bar. It added more fun to it.

Reactions: Moss

Disquiet

Supreme
Kin
2💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd certainly appreciate it, and I know a lot of people that would agree. I'm all for it.
That's good, I know several myself. I also see a lot of RP people using their own fonts. And thanks for the support!

You sure know how to make a question with some support.
Well it'll be more nicer, then to have to keep my favorite font in "paste mode".

Off Topic: I wish we still had additional bar. It added more fun to it.
lol thanks. xD Yeah it'll be much more convenient, and doesn't hurt anyone on the site at all (though I don't know the trouble of implementing it).

Yeah, I miss those too. =D

Neonian

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This really needs to be implemented, especially after this forum gets the new Skins and Banner Rei has been talking about. :happy:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Default fonts are just fine. In fact constant use of special fonts without any special purpose is annoying and distracting.
If you must change it, the font button is available in quick reply box. All you have to do it to highlight and click.

Reactions: Khallil
Status
Not open for further replies.