[Debate] Sasori of the Red Sand (Amaterasu) versus Mei Terumi (Ghost in the Shell)

Ghost in the Shell

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Match Stipulations

Intel: Manga
Conditions: Sasori starts out in Hirako Shinji Hiruko

Judges: Demonic, Icelerate, and Izanami (tiebreaker if necessary)

I will be posting my opener later today.

Nattana

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Icelerate is biased towards Mei. How can he even judge this?

But Mei wins anyway. Ghost in the Shell should have this in the bag, unless his debate skills are below average.

-6 Paths-

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I read the thread title and got super excited for a second because I thought SOTRS was going to take part in this. Lol
Icelerate is biased towards Mei. How can he even judge this?
Because some people are able to look past their own favorite characters when it comes to debates, and can therefore look at the match objectively.​

Reactions: SasoriOfTheRedSaand

HiddenSound

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I read the thread title and got super excited for a second because I thought SOTRS was going to take part in this. Lol
Because some people are able to look past their own favorite characters when it comes to debates, and can therefore look at the match objectively.​
This is Narutobase, that's impossible

Reactions: Mad Titan Thanos

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Lmao, I knew that I wasn't the only one.

Ghost in the Shell

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You wanted to debate against me, eh? Well, I'm still relatively new to this site, and this is my first "official" debate, but I can ball for a few. All I have to say is hope for the best but expect the very worst against one of my best characters to debate with.

Geographical Advantage:

1. This hypothetical match will take place where Sasori fought against Chiyo-baasama and cherry blossom-san after Sasori broke through the stone walls and ceilings with his blocks of Iron Sand. Mei will start near the entrance side of the cave whilst Sasori, inside Hiruko, will start on the other side. Not only is this location right next to a (bottom panel), part of the stream also stretches right into the cave [ ] (top right panel). Now Mei's Water Release is very powerful when she uses it without a water source, so it should be even more potent when mixed with preexisting water. However, she'll only be able to take advantage of the entire stream if she finds the need to position herself above the rocks and closer to the water. This is just a mere side point that could or could not be relevant depending on the course of this battle.

2. The cave, with the exception of the ceiling and the entrance, is enclosed. This makes the environment even better for Mei to utilize her Boil Release mist, as it tends to diffuse somewhat into other areas. She can shut the opening behind her off by dousing it with a good amout of lava since it is a , then hardening the lava [ ][ ] to completely shut the cave off.

Hirako Shinji Hiruko

Hiruko looks to be rather versatile for a puppet, being able to rapid fire senbon from his mouth, use his metal hand to torpedo launch shrapnel, and his extendible scorpion tail can be used for both offense and defense. It also boasts a thick metal shell for extra defense in CQC. Furthermore, all of its weapons are coated in a paralyzing venom. However, from forty meters, none of these weapons will be landing a hit on Mei let alone even getting close to her. For starters, Sasori has very limited mobility while inside Hiruko; it is one heavy ass puppet that Sasori needs to carry and has only been shown fighting in a relatively stationary position against Kankuro and the ladies. Mei has decent speed feats and reactions of her own, being able to cover a good amount of distance and overpower Madara's Katon: Gouka Messhitsu with her Water Pillar before it could hit Tsunade in a short amount of time [ ], even though Madara launched his attack first. To measure the distance she crossed, the Gokage were far away from Madara, and Tsunade a bit further with her punch. Not only did she cover that distance, she also seemingly curled around him with her water dragon at the same time he was getting pushed back by her water pillar [ ]. Against Black Zetsu, a confirmed sensor [ ], she was able to and kick him back mid air. Black Zetsu may or may not have sensed her mid air, but this should be a decent reaction feat as well since she was seemingly able to attack before being detected. All of this means that Mei has tremendous seal speed and jutsu execution speed, above average agility, movement speed, body speed, foot speed, shunshin speed, and good reactions. Lady Chiyo and cherry blossom-san reacted to and danced around all of Hiruko's attacks at short range [ ][ ], so not only will Mei be able to replicate that feat, she also won't even get touched from mid/long distance. In regards to Mei attacking Hiruko, suiton, futton, and youton if necessary will destroy Hiruko just fine, but I'll delve further into this below.

The Third Kazekage

The Third Kazekage is a powerful weapon, and Sasori's strongest tool. It gives Sasori the ability to utilize the Magnet Release, and manipulate the Sandaime's legendary Iron Sand. It also contains multiple blades and a buzz saw hidden within one of its arms, and has a seal inplanted into the other that allows it to summon one thousand long puppet arms, and one of the arms contains a tube that exudes a poisonous fog. All of these weapons, including Iron Sand, are laced with Sasori's paralyizing poison as well. Sasori's fans take great delight in manipulating Iron Sand to its maximum potential, and it is one that Sasori can weave mostly to his human core's content, but it does have limits. For starters, when formed into shapes, Iron Sand is rather slow to form [ ][ ][ ] and sometimes requires Sasori to utilize the magnetic apparatus stored within the Kazekage's chest to increase the material's magnetism [ ][ ], which increases the prep time for his attacks. Also, when Sasori is attacking with his Iron Sand shapes, notice how Sasori is only able to attack with one block at a time [ ][ ], and Sasori had to dodge when his block was instead of detaining it with his own magnetic manipulation. Also take note of how Sasori near Chiyo and cherry blossom-san when he brought out multiple shapes + IS wings [ ]. When Sasori used Satetsu Kaihou, he specifically said that it'd take a good amount of chakra [ ]; to use this technique he needs to merge two large Satetsu entities of opposing magnetic forces. This all leads me to believe that there is an explicit limit to how Sasori can manipulate Satetsu, and that it is not at all free flowing and fluid like Gaara's sand. In regards to flight, sure he can take suspend himself with Satetsu. But using attacks while flying will be difficult for Sasori to pull off since he needs to focus on the magnetism of one action he executes with Satetsu, and multitasking with it takes more chakra as we saw with Satetsu Kaihou. So do not think that Sasori can just simply pepper Mei with attacks while flying considering Satetsu's constraints and what Mei can do to stop him (which I'll get further into below). In regards to the Sandaime's blades, 1,000 arms, and his other dandy weapons excluding satetsu, Mei is a mid to long range fighter and the match starts at forty meters, so I do not believe that Mei will get caught by these weapons or even find herself trapped within the 1,000 arms with the strategy I'm going to outline and when we consider her seal speed, jutsu execution speed, the scale of her attacks, and her reactions.

Frankly, I don't even think that this match will get to the point where Sasori can utilize his 100 puppets and I really don't know how Amaterasu will use them, so I just won't even bother with it in this post. If Amaterasu does choose to use it, then I will counter accordingly in regards to why Sasori won't get to use them, and what Mei herself can do to counter.

Now, onto why Pinocchio gets melted into a nice clear paste on the ground. u_u

You must be registered for see images

Generic Strategy Title, Phase One

Mei will start off the battle by using her large Suiton: Suiryuudan on a practically immobile Hiruko to knock him back and possbily damage him since the databook says that this attack deals physical damage.

NINJUTSU; Suiton: Suiryuudan no jutsu (Water Release: Water Dragon Bullet technique)
User: Momochi Zabuza
Offensive; Close, Medium, Long ranges; Rank: B

Main text

A jutsu where a large amount of water hits the opponent with formidable might, dealing physical damage. It was named after the fact that the manipulated water takes the shape of a dragon. The ideal place to use it is near a body of water but if the caster's skill allows it, it is possible to use it even in a place where there is none. That said, the amount of water used will be in proportion with the caster's skill
Mei's water dragon is large enough to completely Madara within its torrent while he maintained ribcage susano'o, and Madara is a larger entity with ribcage susano'o than Sasori inside Hiruko (not to mention that ribcage susano'o is a vastly superior defense to Hiruko). Alternatively, she can also send water through the ground with her massive water wall to drown Hiruko for several seconds to buy her even more time instead of using a water dragon, or just use the water from the water pillar to form a water dragon like she did against Madara.

Suiton Suijinchuu

From underground a violent solid pillar of water explodes forth. In an instant hell fire is erase. Godaime Mizukage Mei Terumi activated this jutsu to perfectly block Madara's Katon Jutsu.
Remember that this jutsu Madara's large Katon [ ][ ], while from other shinobi were only able to stalemate it. This will give Mei enough time to douse the large cave entrance behind her with a , then leave it to over the entrance. She can then spit out her Boil Release: Skilled Mist Technique in a large enough amount to cover the battle locale; remember that Mei is very fast and industrious when it comes to utilizing her ninjutsu as I alluded to earlier in my post. After she spits out Futton, she can then harden [ ][ ] the lava behind her. During this time, I expect that Sasori, being the intelligent shinobi he is, will opt to rid himself of Hiruko and bring out the Third Kazekage. Note that getting out of Hiruko and summoning the Third Kazekage is a relatively slow process [ ] (along with physically ejecting himself out of the puppet). This is a fight where both fighters have very little to no intel to go off by, so he won't be aware of the properties of Mei's Boil Release until he starts to experience its effects. This is also where this fight will get rather ugly for Sasori. Let's take a look at the databook entry for Mei's acidic mist jutsu.

Futton Koumu no Jutsu

Without exception everything exposed to the boil vapor will melt.

The Jutsu is vomited from the mouth like breath, it causes skin, flesh, and blood, to melt. The body melts due to it possessing a powerful acid property. Chakra defense are melted and nullified. In the face of it's power Sasuke's absolute defense Susano'o could not bare it, and it's chakra defense melted.

The walls don't, but the body and sturdy chakra armor melt.
When Mei fired Youton: Youkai no Jutsu at Sasuke's ribcage susano'o [ ], the susano'o was left relatively unscathed with only minor signs of Youton's melting effect due to not being exposed to the technique for very long [ ][ ]. However, the second Mei's Boil Release surrounded Sasuke, not only was his . The effect of the mist was so potent, that he started a couple of seconds after. Sasori does not have a physical body and does not experience pain, but this does not mean that the mist won't immediately start eating into and melting his wooden body, along with the chakra strings he needs to control the Kazekage puppet since the manga and databook state that it can melt physical and tangible manifestations of chakra. Not only will it melt his puppet body, it will also melt his core of human flesh. Sasori doesn't have a defense necessary to withstand the effects of the mist for much time considering that Sasuke's ribcage susano'o is the reason why he lasted so long and why he wasn't experiencing even more pain, so he will have to escape the mist somehow. In regards to how quickly the acidic mist can spread throughout the cave, it seems that Futton and Kirigakure no Jutsu are spat out at the same rate [ ][ ]. When Mei used Kirigakure, Mei was from Madara and her Hidden Mist enveloped the surrounding area immediatly and progressively covered the rest of the battlefield in a very short amount of time [ ][ ][ ] (while lightened v2 Ay blitzed Mu and Madara, so clearly a very short amount of time). Mei's mist reached Sasuke in practically an instant [ ], and the two were far away from each other. Madara and Mei weren't very far away from each other just like Sasuke and Mei weren't yet both variations of mist reached their opponent very quickly. In a relatively large cave, it'll only take a matter of seconds to cover it whole, and the time it takes to cover the cave will tie into the amount of time Sasori takes to get out of Hiruko and summon the Third Kazekage.

Generic Strategy Title, Phase Two

Now that Mei has set up her acidic mist across the cave and has forced Sasori into a corner with her suiton and said acidic mist, she can control the tide of the battle and choose several routes. Sasori will most likely attempt to utilize Iron Sand to levitate and try to get the **** out of that cave of horrid, melting death. However, his ability to control his puppets will be hindered significantly by the acidic mist melting the chakra threads, his own puppet body, and the puppet body of the Third Kazekage. If he attacks Mei, Mei can simply propel herself using a suiton dragon above the cave and on top of the rocks [ ] to gain a better vantage point. From this vantage point, she can douse the area all over the cave with Youton [ ][ ] to corner Sasori even more, or shoot it at his Iron Sand if possible then harden it to make Sasori put in more effort to control it. If Sasori is able to step on a block or shape of IS (which forms slowly, may I remind), Mei can fire a water dragon at him to force him to either dodge or put up shield, but then Mei can use the water that will be hitting his Satetsu shield to form a water pillar that'll overwhelm Sasori's shield and knock him down. Throughout all of this, of course, Sasori will also have a hell of a time trying to deal with Futton. Should a worst case scenario arise, Mei can occult her position and movements with Kirigakure no Jutsu to give her a chance to reset and gauge her position, and possibly move to another position using shunshin or her water dragon to propel herself. I'll leave it at this for now.

So, there you have my take on the battle. Sasori with his fighting style isn't going to fare too well against Mei's extremely potent Boil Release, and coupled together the the versatility and power of her Water Release, she can control the tide of the battle to her liking given the battle locale. Youton can also be used as a decent support jutsu in this battle, or even a good offensive jutsu since puppets have an obvious weakness to Mei's lava. Overall, I'd give it to Goddess Mizukage with medium to potentially high difficulty if she finds herself expending too much chakra.​

Last edited: