Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

As stated by Lawliet here : , all Death Note Mafia Games and Mafia Games in general will be hosted in the from now on.

★ Mafia Game Rules ★

All hosts need to link this thread and mention the Mafia Game Rules in the Game Thread's Opening Post.
Copy this code and post it in your Game Thread

PHP:
[URL="http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=707224"][B]You need to follow the Mafia Game Rules[/B][/URL]

1- Only one host can exist for each game, meaning only one game can be played at each moment in time.
2- No spamming, one word or emoticon only replies.
3- No trolling, insulting or otherwise rule breaking posts.
4- You need to follow the when participating in the games.
5- You are not allowed to edit your posts in the Game Thread.
6- You are not allowed to delete your posts in the Game Thread.
7- You are not allowed to quote or take screenshots of the PM's between the host and you to prove your or other's player's roles.
8- You need to follow the rules given in the Death Note Template : .
9- You are not allowed to change your username when the game is ongoing without informing the host.
10- You are not allowed to use Invisible Mode when playing the games.
11- If you remain inactive for more than three phases, the Game Moderator has the right to replace or modkill you.
12- You are not allowed to use alts to participate in the games. Please use one account only !
13- You are not allowed to betray your faction. Betrayal includes assisting other factions apart from your own without reasoning, and actively sabotaging your own team’s efforts.
14- Dead People are not allowed to reveal anything they know about the game to anyone. They can however reveal their findings once the Game ends.
15- Dead people are not allowed to discuss anything in the Game thread either. They can only have 2 Farewell posts after their Death. Dead People can discuss the Game once it ends.
16- Only voting is allowed during the Lynching Phase, please do not discuss as it gets confusing counting the votes when everyone is posting.
17- Discussion of the Mafia is not allowed during Night Phases.
18- You need to keep your Private Messages clear till the end of the Game.
19- Please keep all complaints about the game to yourself and only post them after the game ends.
20- If you are a power role and do not want to use your power, you need to Private Message the host and inform him/her that you do not want to use your power.

~ If you do not follow the above rules, you are liable to be infracted, banned from the forums or banned from a few Mafia Games.

What is a Mafia Game ?

"In the peaceful Sicilian village of Salem, a dark presence is about to make itself known. For years, the family based crime organization known as the Mafia has been establishing itself in the foundation of the community. Until now, the naive citizens have been unaware of the evil among them. Tonight, however, the Mafia makes its move. Tonight, someone will die, and until the Mafia has eliminated all opposition, the innocent will continue to die. Unless, of course, the Mafia is destroyed first..."

The above is a typical opening for the game called Mafia (Also known as "Werewolves of Miller's Hollow" or "Town of Salem"). The game can be played by an indeterminate group of people, each playing the role of either a murdering Mafia member or an innocent townsperson, along with a game moderator. At the beginning of the game, Night falls, and the Mafia family members become aware of each other (by communication from the moderator). They then choose a victim, and the moderator announces the death scene. When Day breaks, the town must try to weed out the evil by lynching someone they suspect to be mafia.

The game of Mafia (in Meat World) is usually run with playing cards representing the possible roles in the game. The moderator secretly distributes the cards to the players, then has everyone put their head down/close their eyes. During the Night, the moderator "wakes up" the mafia, and they silently choose a victim. During the Day, everyone discusses, argues, swears, and eventually votes for someone to lynch. The cycle repeats until the endgame.
Death Note Mafia Game is a themed Mafia Game where the theme is the .

Some sites which can help you in knowing more about Mafia Games :-

For Hosts and Players alike, The Death Note Mafia Game Template

The Death Note Game Format

You must be registered for see images

Night Phase Announcement Template

Day Phase Announcement Template

Lynch Phase Announcement Template

Vote Format is :-

Vote :
Reason :

Change Vote Format is :-

Previous Vote :
New Vote :
Reason :

~ You are expected to follow the template to make the vote counting easy.

~ You can only change your vote once.

Guide to hosting for Newbies

Hello there, do you want to host a Mafia Game ? But you don't know how ? Well in this guide, I will show you a basic setup for a Mafia Game.

These basic setups are geared for Nine Players; in other words 7 Town Players and 2 Mafia Players. It is also called the

These player roles are always present by default : 5 Vanilla Townies and 1 Mafia Goon

What is a Vanilla Townie ? : Townie is a player with a pro-Town Win Condition. Due to ambiguity, "Townie" has been known to refer to any pro-Town player who has no extraordinary abilities or simply any pro-Town player. Players who have no extraordinary abilities are specifically called Vanilla Townies (abbreviated as VT). The rest of this article is about Vanilla Townies. Vanilla Townies are defined by having no special abilities beyond being able to post and vote during the Day like everyone else. During the Night they do nothing.

What is a Mafia Goon ? : A Goon is a member of the Mafia with no special abilities. It is the Mafia-aligned equivalent of Vanilla Townie.
However, Goons are not powerless - they have access to their Mafia's factional kill and factional chat.

The remaining three roles are chosen from the table. These are power roles to balance the game. What is a Power Role ? : The power roles are determined by randomly selecting one row or one column from the below table.

-ABC
1Town JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
2Mafia RoleblockerTown CopTown Doctor
31-shot Bullet-proof TownieMafia GoonTown Tracker

Death Note/Mafia Contests

There will be one Death Note/Mafia Contest every Month. In order to host a Death Note/Mafia Contest, you must meet the following requirements :-

1- Needs to Host Three successful Death Note/Mafia Games.
2- All three games must have 10 or above 10 players.
3- Must link all three games here : and send them to both and .

You will then be given a month when you will host the game. You need to PM the admins (Red Usernames) and finalize the contest details.

You need to make three threads for the Contest :-

An Interest Thread - In this thread you will announce the contests so that all members can know about it.
A Game Thread - In this thread you must conduct the DN Game.
A MVP/Winners Thread - In this thread you will do the MVP Voting and announce the MVP and the runner up winners.

After the MVP and winners have been chosen, you need to PM the Admins again and ensure that the Winners get their prizes.

Owner of FanClub :

Banners, Userbars, Fan Art; all that stuff

Made by

Made by

You are free to discuss about the Death Note Mafia Game here. However you need to follow these rules :-​

1- No spam and one word or emoticon only replies.
2- No trolling, insulting or otherwise rule breaking posts.
3- You need to follow the .
4- Dead players can post here as well but do not reveal any sort of information regarding any current game(s) you may have found out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNC Xlll and Akаsh

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Death Note Mafia Game Fanclub

Would be awesome if we could get some new players :pkun:

Great thread Sam
Host a DN game then. :pkun:

Edit : If you have any feedback considering what is posted in the first post, please give it here. The necessary changes will be done by me by editing that post later on.

Last edited:

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

So we went from the RP section to the chatter box and fromthere to the death note group and now it's the fanclub section?

OT: Don't know how to react to this tbh.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

So we went from the RP section to the chatter box and fromthere to the death note group and now it's the fanclub section?

OT: Don't know how to react to this tbh.
Better than getting the game threads deleted (Non-Naruto RP) or the game threads not getting noticed at all (Chatterbox). I think for now it's ok. :elmo:

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Doesn't this kinda kill any potential of outsiders viewing the game, ergo stifling the game's ability to grow and reach new potential players?

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Doesn't this kinda kill any potential of outsiders viewing the game, ergo stifling the game's ability to grow and reach new potential players?
How does that happen ?

Unlike in the Naruto RP Section, the Game Threads won't get deleted so anybody can see the previous games and be incited to play in subsequent games.

Unlike in the Chatterbox, The Game Threads will appear in the Today's Topics Section : which will be a open notice to anyone who is viewing it.

Also the games won't happen in this thread, they will happen in the Fanclub Forum, this is just a Rules + Chat thread for the games.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

How does that happen ?

Unlike in the Naruto RP Section, the Game Threads won't get deleted so anybody can see the previous games and be incited to play in subsequent games.

Unlike in the Chatterbox, The Game Threads will appear in the Today's Topics Section : which will be a open notice to anyone who is viewing it.

Also the games won't happen in this thread, they will happen in the Fanclub Forum, this is just a Rules + Chat thread for the games.
Is the fanclub open to public viewing? :|

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Yes, I can access it as a guest. :elmo:
That's good. I rarely ever actually log out of NB.

Still I feel that DN would die there :| but whether that happens or not will be made apparent by the first big game hosted there

Nardo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I'd rather it be in Non-Naruto RP. I just don't find it appealing in a Fanclub lol doesn't make sense for it to be there, but it is what it is.

Shroud

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

interesting wonder if this change has anything to do with LOT dosent really matter i joined like the new system btw

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I'd rather it be in Non-Naruto RP. I just don't find it appealing in a Fanclub lol doesn't make sense for it to be there, but it is what it is.
I think Lawliet choose the Fan Club Section because the early DeathNote games used to happen in the Fanclub section. :hmm:

Nardo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I think Lawliet choose the Fan Club Section because the early DeathNote games used to happen in the Fanclub section. :hmm:
It did? I assumed it start in Non-RP because the rules are there and back in 2014 I think I played there. :wut:

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It did? I assumed it start in Non-RP because the rules are there and back in 2014 I think I played there. :wut:
The early DN Games happened in 2010 or 2011. In the OP, you can get a link to the Early DN Fanclub. I think only Lawliet can answer where the first DN Games were held (She was a member of the Fanclub).

When I joined the games used to be held at the Non Naruto RP section but the DN FC thread was stickied in this section.

The DN rules in the Non-Naruto section were added later on when the games resulted in many rules being broken.

Bimbonium

Elite
Kin
7💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

If it's going to show up in today's topics, then it's all good. Since most times I click the thread without checking the section. Tho those that go to sections to check threads won't find this.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

If it's going to show up in today's topics, then it's all good. Since most times I click the thread without checking the section. Tho those that go to sections to check threads won't find this.
Go here : and scroll down. You will see the hot Death Note Game Thread.

The games will from now on happen in Fan Club section, so keeping this section under your attention is the best strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.