Cranes

Summoning Contract
Summoning Animal:
Scroll Owner: Scorps
Other Users who have signed contract: McRazor, Skorm
Summoning Boss if existing: Sono Aoi Keimei
Other Summoning Animals tied to contract: Grus, Sarus Inakamono
Description and Background:
Cranes are a family of large, long-legged and long-necked birds in the order Gruiformes. There are fifteen species of crane in four genera.

The cranes are very large birds, including the world's tallest flying bird. They are long-legged and long-necked birds with streamlined bodies and large rounded wings. The males and females do not vary in external appearance, but on average males tend to be slightly larger than females. Most species of crane have some areas of bare skin on the face; the only two exceptions are the Blue and Demoiselle Cranes. This skin is used in communication with other cranes, and can be expanded by contracting and relaxing muscles, and change the intensity of color. Feathers on the head can be moved and erected in the Blue, Wattled and Demoiselle Cranes for signaling as well. Also important to communication is the position and length of the trachea.

The cranes' beauty and their spectacular mating dances have made them highly symbolic birds in many cultures with records dating back to ancient times. Crane mythology is widely spread and most ancient cultures had their own belief about them. They were thought to be holy birds and granted luck.

Most Crane Warriors are Water users, due to their ancestry and connection to it. However, some are adept and masterful in using other skills. Most crane summons can speak directly to the user and are generally very intelligent. While most Crane Warriors are very good, fast fliers, some take that to another level by showcasing enormous agility and advanced flight tactics.

I would like to claim right to all 15 species of Cranes because I want to make them as other summonings tied to this contract.

Genus
, Balearica pavonina
, Balearica regulorum
Genus
, Grus grus
, Grus canadensis
, Grus americana
, Grus antigone
, Grus rubicunda
, Grus leucogeranus
, Grus vipio
, Grus monacha
, Grus nigricollis
, Grus japonensis
Genus
, Anthropoides paradisea
, Anthropoides virgo
Genus
, Bugeranus carunculatus
Summoning tattoo:
You must be registered for see images

Looks of the contract:
You must be registered for see images

Summoning Animals

Kure-n Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Sono Aoi Keimei | Crane Summoning Technique: The Blue Dawn
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 40
Damage: N/A
Description:
The Blue Dawn is a big blue crane, with red eyes and a orange long beak, with a wing spam of 15 meters. Calm, composed and with a naturally leadership demeanor, when she is on the ground, standing on her two legs, she is about 3 meters tall. Being the Matriarch of the Cranes, she stands as their leader. Capable of communicating with his summoner either through speech or through a special mind link. Her powers are unrivaled as are her flying grace and speed while also being a master manipulator of Water. Unable to use Water jutsu themselves, she can, however, use 3 water based abilities which more than make up for that small short coming.

Abilities:
-She is capable of exhaling a strong, wide, S-Rank, short to long range, dense stream of Water, which can be used as a water source for the users techniques
-She can materialize water from the atmosphere around her to create a spherical, transparent S-Rank Water Shield around her, protecting her and her summoner
-She can sense any water molecule in the field, up to Long Range
-Can be summoned anywhere between short to mid range of the summoner

Restrictions:
-Can only be summoned once
-Can stay on the field for a max of 4 turns
-Using the Water Stream and the Water Shield count towards the users move count

Kure-n Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Grus | Crane Summoning Technique: Grus
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 20
Description:
Grus is the embodiment of a Crane. A beautiful, elegant, grey and white bird with beautiful red beak and green eyes. He's not the biggest Crane, with a wingspan of about 8 meters and the body in proportion to it but he has a strong build, capable of flight with 2 humans on his back with no apparent effort. Capable of speech and possessing an acute intellect, he acts as a support summon to help the user in any way he can, making up for the fact that, apart from the Crane Arts, he can't use Ninjutsu. When in flight he is both fast and graceful, possessing an unsettling agility, unrivaled amongst all the cranes and most birds.

Note: Can only be taught by Scorps and requires the user to have the Crane Contract and its Tattoo.

Kure-n Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Sarus, Inakamono | Crane Summoning Technique: Sarus, the Redneck
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 40
Description: Sarus is considered one of the fastest flying birds. It's not massive in size which grants its flying speed. With a wingspan of 6m, it can easily carry the user on its back. It is conspicuous and iconic and it's easily distinguished amongst the other cranes because of its red colored head that spreads to its neck, therefore the name, Redneck. The red head and neck aren't actually feathered, but rather bare flesh. Sarus is known for its loud trumpeting calls. These calls are, as in other cranes, produced by the elongated trachea that form coils within the sternal region. His calls are quite loud and can be quite unsettling to hear. His actions can be easily merged with the users own as Sarus, same as the other cranes, has the ability to easily communicate with its owner through a special mindlink or through speech. The main ability of Sarus, however, is its mastery over the wind element. Though it's considered a master it doesn't have the ability to perform all of the wind jutsus that the user knows, but rather a special ability, known only to Sarus. It can create a very thick atmosphere around a specific point, just inches thick but enough to disperse any lighting jutsu that tries to pass through it. It can form the thickening of the air in various of shapes, be it a sphere around the user or a shield-like formation in front of him (or to his sides, etc.). The thickening effects the short area around the thickening point. The process works by simply compressing the desired field of air and infusing it with its own chakra, in a way that cancels out lightning. This ability counts as 1 jutsu that the user is allowed to perform per turn.
Note: Wind ability counts as an S rank wind technique from one of the users 3 techniques per turn
Note: Must have signed the Crane Summoning contract
Note: Can only be summoned once and stays on the field only 4 turns

Last edited:

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As you wish T____T
Alright, so I don't know if I can actually teach you anything regarding the contract since Scorps is the owner, though we can talk about it a bit. Also, I don't know if you have any summons yet, so could you explain that mechanic for me please. What does it mean to summon something and how do you do it?

Silico

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, so I don't know if I can actually teach you anything regarding the contract since Scorps is the owner, though we can talk about it a bit. Also, I don't know if you have any summons yet, so could you explain that mechanic for me please. What does it mean to summon something and how do you do it?
I think so too.

Yes, i have the snake summoning as my first and so far only summon. I have the tattoo of the snake summoning symbol on my right shoulder.

Summoning is a form of a space-time jutsu that grants the contract holder immediately summon an animal in form of the contract to fight with them. In order to summon a wished type of animal, the user must've signed the contract with blood in order for it to be possible. The contract is usually an old, huge parchment roll. Since the summon is blood bound, the user has to smear blood through his tattoo or on his summon scroll(i prefer tattoo since it's more badass and handy.) By releasing chakra and further blood donation(on tattoo or scroll) the user determines how big the summon will become. The more chakra, the bigger/stronger the summon gets. Size doesn't always have to matter ofc but it's mostly the case that the biggest is the greatest. A thing you also could do is to get the blood of a scroll owner to use for the summon. The summons doesn't always be loyal and the biggest one's tend to be very egocentric and may even turn on their summoner.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think so too.

Yes, i have the snake summoning as my first and so far only summon. I have the tattoo of the snake summoning symbol on my right shoulder.

Summoning is a form of a space-time jutsu that grants the contract holder immediately summon an animal in form of the contract to fight with them. In order to summon a wished type of animal, the user must've signed the contract with blood in order for it to be possible. The contract is usually an old, huge parchment roll. Since the summon is blood bound, the user has to smear blood through his tattoo or on his summon scroll(i prefer tattoo since it's more badass and handy.) By releasing chakra and further blood donation(on tattoo or scroll) the user determines how big the summon will become. The more chakra, the bigger/stronger the summon gets. Size doesn't always have to matter ofc but it's mostly the case that the biggest is the greatest. A thing you also could do is to get the blood of a scroll owner to use for the summon. The summons doesn't always be loyal and the biggest one's tend to be very egocentric and may even turn on their summoner.
Excellent. Yeah, that's very true about their behavior! LOL However, our Aoi is very smart and not egocentric at all. Moreso, she's quite a perv. xD Scorps' fault, don't blame me!

So, the main thing we need to do here is sign the contract which I can't help you with since I passed the scroll onto Scorps. However, we can now talk about the cranes. What can you tell me about the animal itself and about them NBwise. Do you spot any differences, perhaps?

Silico

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Excellent. Yeah, that's very true about their behavior! LOL However, our Aoi is very smart and not egocentric at all. Moreso, she's quite a perv. xD Scorps' fault, don't blame me!

So, the main thing we need to do here is sign the contract which I can't help you with since I passed the scroll onto Scorps. However, we can now talk about the cranes. What can you tell me about the animal itself and about them NBwise. Do you spot any differences, perhaps?
Thanks :D. What, she pokes you in the ass when summoned? T__T

I suppose so. Well i don't think cranes irl are famous for their screeches that'd causes sound genjutsu. Nor are irl cranes able to use water barricades. I doubt there are as big cranes as Blue Dawn either xD.
I think what really got me interested in this summon is the variety and possibilities with sound release and combinations. Plus the different cranes unique capabilities. It's not like the snake summon where you summon a snake and no matter what snake you summon they have the same abilities pretty much. Except Manda. I assume the cranes should be able to move pretty fast i mean look at them legs :noseblees:. Maybe not as fast as an ostrich but you get my point >_>.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks :D. What, she pokes you in the ass when summoned? T__T

I suppose so. Well i don't think cranes irl are famous for their screeches that'd causes sound genjutsu. Nor are irl cranes able to use water barricades. I doubt there are as big cranes as Blue Dawn either xD.
I think what really got me interested in this summon is the variety and possibilities with sound release and combinations. Plus the different cranes unique capabilities. It's not like the snake summon where you summon a snake and no matter what snake you summon they have the same abilities pretty much. Except Manda. I assume the cranes should be able to move pretty fast i mean look at them legs :noseblees:. Maybe not as fast as an ostrich but you get my point >_>.
Pretty much, yeah. xD

Yeah, they are very, very fast fliers and one of the summons is specifically designed for very fast flight, that being its only ability, lol. Truth be told, the contract isn't the most developed nor balanced one but it has some very powerful abilities and that's why most people are interested in the contract. Obviously, there's a whole lot of space for improvement and development of new cranes and I already had an idea that I sent to Scorps like a year ago, but I'm afraid it got buried. I believe I still remember the main feature so maybe we'll be able to work something out once we get everything settled.

Eeeeh, well, the crane screech is actually one of their distinguishing features. If you check their wiki page, there's a whole paragraph about their trachea and their calls. Hopefully we can even further expand on this screech ability and come up with awesome sound based genjutsus, because only the sky is the limit and your CJ list! :D

Silico

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see, so i suppose mobility was in main focus when this summon was "discovered". Hm, like hawks. But hawks are just speed, nothing else >_>. Cranes are beautiful and intelligent ontop of their speed. Flexible fighters that suits flexible masters. Binkans in particular :skorm:.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I see, so i suppose mobility was in main focus when this summon was "discovered". Hm, like hawks. But hawks are just speed, nothing else >_>. Cranes are beautiful and intelligent ontop of their speed. Flexible fighters that suits flexible masters. Binkans in particular :skorm:.
That's true, Binkan does seem to actually work very well with them. So, right now we have a water and wind crane and a regular one, with excellent flying prowess and reactions. The idea I had was for a lightning crane and then we would only need the last two elements, fire and earth. I know it's a cliche but it's always good to have a variety of summons for the rainy days and once you get those then you can start working on some specific abilities and arts. Regarding the arts, I would definitely love to make it heavily genjutsu oriented and we already, kinda, started going that route. What you see here posted are only the summons and we have a screech technique that can release you even from MS genjutsu, which is absolutely insane lol, and a genjutsu that's quite tricky to figure out, yet it is quite powerful.

Silico

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's true, Binkan does seem to actually work very well with them. So, right now we have a water and wind crane and a regular one, with excellent flying prowess and reactions. The idea I had was for a lightning crane and then we would only need the last two elements, fire and earth. I know it's a cliche but it's always good to have a variety of summons for the rainy days and once you get those then you can start working on some specific abilities and arts. Regarding the arts, I would definitely love to make it heavily genjutsu oriented and we already, kinda, started going that route. What you see here posted are only the summons and we have a screech technique that can release you even from MS genjutsu, which is absolutely insane lol, and a genjutsu that's quite tricky to figure out, yet it is quite powerful.
The jediobsidiancrane. <-Nail'd it.

Yeah, sound is an excellent medium to both use on your opponent as a genjutsu and dispel you from one. A question regarding custom summons.. Could you actually make a summon that can use a CE affinity? Like decay?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The jediobsidiancrane. <-Nail'd it.

Yeah, sound is an excellent medium to both use on your opponent as a genjutsu and dispel you from one. A question regarding custom summons.. Could you actually make a summon that can use a CE affinity? Like decay?
Lol, only Scorps is that so far. Both of us lack the last compononent. T_T

Nope, I'm afraid not. This also goes for KGs and hidden abilities as well. They can only use the basic 5 and I believe ninjutsu, taijutsu and genjutsu.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
True, No KG or HA. KG requires a genetic print to use which an animal doesn't have. HA is a clan related thing. In theory, they could do it but its uncertain so we don't allow it.

Now, carry on. Teach him McRazor if you can, I'll oversee.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright then, since we covered the basics, there's one more thing we need to do. Since I am the contract creator and Scorps is the current owner, I guess I can fiddle with the scroll a bit, so you'll need to perform the procedure which you so thoroughly explained. Barney takes out a big old scroll out of his pocket and unveils it, showing a few blank squares under a scribbled writing saying: Crane Summoning Contract. There were two squares that already contained fingerprints and they belonged to Barney and Galen. You know what to do.