Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The first tomo typically requires a high stress event to appear, and grants the user access to the first stage of the basic sharingan. It offers enhanced tracking speed through clarity of perception and allows the user to see through d ranked visual genjutsu. It also allows the user to see chakra. Tasks such as reading hand seals and copying movements are much easier with even the 1t Sharingan. I might be wrong, but I don’t think you can outright copy other jutsu until 3t.

The second tomo is the next stage in completing the basic Sharingan. Much like the first tomo, it typically requires a stressful event to appear. While it gives access to several new sharingan genjutsu, it’s basic functions simply become more powerful; the track speed goes up, and you can see through C rank genjutsu. The chakra cost remains the same, which is nice.

2t also looks quite a bit nicer.

Last edited:

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very good, we'll run with you now having unlocked your 2T. I feel the RP and fight stuff isn't necessary here. So we'll run through some genjutsu that your 2T sharingan has access to!

( Bōshi Magen: Kyouten Chiten ) - Demonic Eye Illusion: Heaven And Earth Change
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: N/A (equal to the cost of the countered technique)
Damage Points: N/A (equal to the power of the countered technique)
Description: This is a illusion counter where, through the use of their sharingan, a Uchiha can take control over an enemy's Genjutsu and reverse it back into the opponent by taking control of it and releasing oneself at the same time. With 1 Tomoe, it can affect C-Rank and below illusions. With 2 Tomoe, it can affect B-Rank and below illusions. With a 3 Tomoe, it can affect A-Rank and below illusions. With MS, it can affect S-Rank and below illusions and EMS can affect any rank Genjutsu. Note: Can only be used once every two turns.
Note: Does not require eye contact and must be able to cast ( I.e., cannot reverse a Sound Genjutsu without Sound Ninjutsu.

For you right now, this will only allow you to reflect up to B-rank illusions but will allow you to affect more powerful illusions as your sharingan progresses. As the last note points out, a sound genjutsu can not be reversed unless you posses the ability to also use sound genjutsu yourself. Also note something that came up in the Q&A channel the other day, a genjutsu that is released from a seal placed on you, can not be reversed onto your opponent. This jutsu reflects the genjutsu back onto the caster; and in the case of a seal, you can't reverse the illusion back onto a seal.

( Doujutsu: Chouetsu no Shunmin ) – Eye Technique: Transcend to Deep Slumber technique
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user will use their Sharingan to cast an illusion upon the opponent by looking them into their eyes; this illusion makes the enemy fall asleep but makes them think they are still watching the opponent without realizing they have fallen asleep.
Note: Requires direct eye contact with 2 Tomoe Sharingan and up.

Requires eye contact and makes your opponent believe they are still actively watching you, where in reality they are asleep but still standing.

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very good, we'll run with you now having unlocked your 2T. I feel the RP and fight stuff isn't necessary here. So we'll run through some genjutsu that your 2T sharingan has access to!

( Bōshi Magen: Kyouten Chiten ) - Demonic Eye Illusion: Heaven And Earth Change
Chakra Cost: N/A (equal to the cost of the countered technique)
Damage Points: N/A (equal to the power of the countered technique)
Description: This is a illusion counter where, through the use of their sharingan, a Uchiha can take control over an enemy's Genjutsu and reverse it back into the opponent by taking control of it and releasing oneself at the same time. With 1 Tomoe, it can affect C-Rank and below illusions. With 2 Tomoe, it can affect B-Rank and below illusions. With a 3 Tomoe, it can affect A-Rank and below illusions. With MS, it can affect S-Rank and below illusions and EMS can affect any rank Genjutsu. Note: Can only be used once every two turns.
Note: Does not require eye contact and must be able to cast ( I.e., cannot reverse a Sound Genjutsu without Sound Ninjutsu.

For you right now, this will only allow you to reflect up to B-rank illusions but will allow you to affect more powerful illusions as your sharingan progresses. As the last note points out, a sound genjutsu can not be reversed unless you posses the ability to also use sound genjutsu yourself. Also note something that came up in the Q&A channel the other day, a genjutsu that is released from a seal placed on you, can not be reversed onto your opponent. This jutsu reflects the genjutsu back onto the caster; and in the case of a seal, you can't reverse the illusion back onto a seal.

( Doujutsu: Chouetsu no Shunmin ) – Eye Technique: Transcend to Deep Slumber technique
Range: Short
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user will use their Sharingan to cast an illusion upon the opponent by looking them into their eyes; this illusion makes the enemy fall asleep but makes them think they are still watching the opponent without realizing they have fallen asleep.
Note: Requires direct eye contact with 2 Tomoe Sharingan and up.

Requires eye contact and makes your opponent believe they are still actively watching you, where in reality they are asleep but still standing.
I do have some questions here, but not on the specific jutsu: In what situations is eye contact assumed?

It seems like a power play to assume eye contact in any situation, but I know in the past it’s been assumed to be the case unless someone specifically states to the contrary. Is that still the case?

I’m also generally confused as to how sharingan genjutsu are performed in terms of what you do with your chakra to make them happen.

Last edited:

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Eye contact must be stated in your move in terms of you at least initiating it. Your opponent is assumed to be making eye contact unless they are performing an action that would logically not have them looking at you. In other words, unless they are actively avoiding eye contact (if they possess the ability to fight while avoiding eye contact), any offensive action they would take/aim assumes eye contact. It's basically a power play but unfortunately how it works for out RP.

To be fair, I've been confused as to what happens with chakra for almost all genjutsu since different mods have stated different things about casting them. As far as I can reason, Sharingan genjutsu gets a little hax through the sharingan where as your chakra is projected directly at your opponent via the line of sight. You don't consciously project your chakra, just what you want the illusion to be and the magic eyes do the rest.

Have I answered your questions or created more? O__O'

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very good then

( Doujutsu: Shiranui ) - Eye Technique: Phosphorescent light
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Short - Mid
Damage points: 30
Description: The user will cast an illusion to make the opponent see six copies of the user that detonate simultaneously harming the target.The explosions are explosive kunai to deal damage whilst the enemy is distracted in the genjutsu.
Note: Requires 2 Tomoe sharingan and up.

In essence, just a way to mask you throwing explosive Kunai at your target.

( Bōshi Magen: Ketataumo ) Demonic Eye Illusion: Piercing Feathers
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage: N/A
Description: A weaker version of Demonic Illusion: Shackling Stakes, it makes the opponent believe that numerous black feathers have pierced their body and trapped them, causing them pain and immobility.
Note: Requires two tomoe Sharingan and eye contact to use

A paralysis type genjutsu that requires eye contact to use. Of course at longer range, eye contact is a little harder to pull off but I guess that's the caveat for the vast range of this illusion.

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The second one is very cool. Designing situations where it’s hard to tell these are genjutsu without blatant meta gaming sounds fun. No questions.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm positive that the jutsu was Itachi's was designed to use in partnership with his Crow Summons, as a way to mask the genjutsu. So yeah, you can be creative as to how you mask the genjutsu, within the realms of the jutsu description.

Alright, so that's all the 2T genjutsu in the list... that I could see anyway. So we can do this one of two ways, you go make a thread in the arena and show off your usage of Sharingan and these genjutsu or we do some sort of RP thing were I just test you on the abilities anyway. The first allows you to earn Kumi and the second... well I need to make up as we go xD

Also, you don't have to show use of these genjutsu, just utilise your 2T sharingan in combat effectively.

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The 3t is the final stage of the basic sharingan, and is a further improvement from the 2t in terms of perception. This manifests in an increased ability to see through genjutsu (now up to B rank) and a better tracking speed.

More significantly, 3t users gain access to a whole host of Sharingan techniques and genjutsu such as jutsu copying and much more versatile illusions.

As the final stage of the basic sharingan, this stage is needed to further develop the doujutsu to a Mangekyo Sharingan.