Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, so it's a bit late at this point, but I'm finally back at home in a comfortable setting and mood to start banging this out. I'm starting with the first group, which is Gutsy Jiraiya, Yashiro, and Excalibur.
Gutsy Jiraiya [Hannibal Lecter]
Yashiro [Jack Frost]
Excalibur [Isana Yashiro]
These are the last bios I heard you guys updated to, and if you guys want to change the bios you use for this curriculum, do notify me about it before I completely jump into teaching. I've read each of your application responses from the previous thread, so I have a general idea of where you guys are at, but I don't know your characters too well as of yet so I'd like to start out with a few basic exercises. Post here first and let me know if you want to change the characters/bios that you originally wanted up there and I'll get started soon enough.

Now, I won't let your timezones or real life affect each other too much. I'll be working with all of you at the same time or individually depending on your real life schedules. For example, if Gutsy and Yashiro have had posts pending for over three days and Excalibur hasn't responded yet, I'll go ahead and continue with them, but it doesn't mean that you'll learn any less. My activity also varies as well, but I'll put in as much time and effort as I can devote to this alongside mod duties and training as well.

Oh, and one last thing. I'm always open for suggestions so if you feel that there is a certain aspect that we can all improve on or if you have an idea in mind, do bring it up. I'm new to this myself and my only motivation is to help all of you become better writers and RPers so I'm always up for learning more. Heck, I even learn a ton from my own students when training.

Reactions: Zorø

Yashiro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm ready to begin when everyone else is, still using my Jack Frost bio, that's unless I pass the Yondaime Raikage test then that bio would be dropped....

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, well, I guess I can't comment on the fact it might be hard to find the character suitable for all of you (as I'm set with Adachi, I'll never ever drop the bio) since it's sort of stage of identity growth. As you guys are the first group, you'll have to bear with me for sometime while I give this my first shot. I'll refrain from correcting minor English mistakes though I will point out ones that you might make repetitively because in this RP, text is the only way we communicate and those who can master description will come out on top in the RP. I also must state now a secret that may or may not be known. Using proper English will significantly boost your chance when applying for certain aspects in the RP and will also leave others with a more mature impression. Let's just say for example you were a sensei today and two students approached you for training.
The first:
sensei do u have any spots for training pls?
The second:
Hello sensei, do you happen to have any free spots for training? Thank you very much and I appreciate your time.
It's quite obvious that if you had to pick, you would go with the second student and offer him training instead of the first. Of course, many of us on NB do not have English as our mother language so this may be a hard start, but trying your best with basic grammar and capitalization is good enough. And trust me, NB has helped many, many members grow in their knowledge of English throughout the years anyways.

So I've read through all your responses on the original application thread and for starters, all of you are quite fluent in English, communication wise, though I have noticed some difficulties when attempting to explain an action or writing a description and often times, such sentences become a run-on sentence or clauses (parts of a sentence) that mesh together without meaning. I'm going to start with a basic scenario and have you all coincide with one another and myself and see whether I should start by helping you guys work out English itself or deeper RP aspects. Again, feel free to give your own ideas.

Scene 1:
Without a moment's warning, Jack Frost, Hannibal Lecter, and Anthony Stark found themselves in a completely locked room. The area itself was about fifty meters in length and width and had dim lightbulbs dotting the edge of the walls giving the already tenseful atmosphere an even eerie feel. At first glance, the room itself appeared empty with no windows and doors at all, however, as the three shinobis adjusted to the lightning, they noticed that about ten meters from where they currently stood, several items lay almost carelessly on the ground. Upon closer inspection, the pile of objects contained a small rubber ducky, a broken, medium-sized katana, an angry figurine of Madara Uchiha, the book "The Great Gatsby", and a box of Cheerios. It would almost seem like a practical joke at first glance, but then the shinobis' attention was turned to one another and of one each other's undaunting presence.

Given the current situation at hand and the items that were up for grabs, what would you (the character) do? Write a responding scenario. Also, I know most of you like third person, but first person is great as well. I'll just go with the flow as myself.

Yashiro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright, well, I guess I can't comment on the fact it might be hard to find the character suitable for all of you (as I'm set with Adachi, I'll never ever drop the bio) since it's sort of stage of identity growth. As you guys are the first group, you'll have to bear with me for sometime while I give this my first shot. I'll refrain from correcting minor English mistakes though I will point out ones that you might make repetitively because in this RP, text is the only way we communicate and those who can master description will come out on top in the RP. I also must state now a secret that may or may not be known. Using proper English will significantly boost your chance when applying for certain aspects in the RP and will also leave others with a more mature impression. Let's just say for example you were a sensei today and two students approached you for training.
The first:
The second:
It's quite obvious that if you had to pick, you would go with the second student and offer him training instead of the first. Of course, many of us on NB do not have English as our mother language so this may be a hard start, but trying your best with basic grammar and capitalization is good enough. And trust me, NB has helped many, many members grow in their knowledge of English throughout the years anyways.

So I've read through all your responses on the original application thread and for starters, all of you are quite fluent in English, communication wise, though I have noticed some difficulties when attempting to explain an action or writing a description and often times, such sentences become a run-on sentence or clauses (parts of a sentence) that mesh together without meaning. I'm going to start with a basic scenario and have you all coincide with one another and myself and see whether I should start by helping you guys work out English itself or deeper RP aspects. Again, feel free to give your own ideas.

Scene 1:
Without a moment's warning, Jack Frost, Hannibal Lecter, and Anthony Stark found themselves in a completely locked room. The area itself was about fifty meters in length and width and had dim lightbulbs dotting the edge of the walls giving the already tenseful atmosphere an even eerie feel. At first glance, the room itself appeared empty with no windows and doors at all, however, as the three shinobis adjusted to the lightning, they noticed that about ten meters from where they currently stood, several items lay almost carelessly on the ground. Upon closer inspection, the pile of objects contained a small rubber ducky, a broken, medium-sized katana, an angry figurine of Madara Uchiha, the book "The Great Gatsby", and a box of Cheerios. It would almost seem like a practical joke at first glance, but then the shinobis' attention was turned to one another and of one each other's undaunting presence.

Given the current situation at hand and the items that were up for grabs, what would you (the character) do? Write a responding scenario. Also, I know most of you like third person, but first person is great as well. I'll just go with the flow as myself.
Without a moments notice he, Jack Frost, found himself within an enclosed large room. "Where am I?", He said at first whilst glancing around himself and taking in his surroundings before acting carefully. Jack was somehow amongst other individuals and the lot of them seemingly hadn't a clue as to where exactly they were located. A set amount of items caught their attention across the room and the three quickly made their way to said items.

Jack looked at the items which were; a broken blade, a rubber duck, a Madara Uchiha figurine, a box of cheerios and a book. He then looked up at the others as would them all look at each other, being the mischievous individual he was, Jack wasn't going to stand around and allow them to have first choice on said items. So Jack quickly jumped at the box of cheerios, grabbed it with his left hand whilst simultaneously grabbing hold of the katana upon its hilt. Jack then stood a couple of meters from the others while holding the cheerios box close to his chest and the katana facing towards the others, "Well this will be mine, I would share with you two if you really are hungry, but I'll be taking my share first...hehe.." Jack said to the others, but then he got thinking...'Why should I just give them a share when It now belongs to me? If anything, they should work for what they want...' Jack then raised his right hand, placing his right index finger against his right cheek. He had surely been contemplating some mischievous ordeal. I have an idea! Whomever can juggle the rubber duck, Madara figurine and katana whilst reading out loud from that book...half of the box of cheerios, the other two would have to share the remaining half, eh? Sounds like fun don't you guys think? hehe." Jack said and awaited a response from the others.

I hope this is what you were expecting xD.

Gutsy

Legendary
Kin
999💸
Kumi
7,554💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Without a moments notice he, Jack Frost, found himself within an enclosed large room. "Where am I?", He said at first whilst glancing around himself and taking in his surroundings before acting carefully. Jack was somehow amongst other individuals and the lot of them seemingly hadn't a clue as to where exactly they were located. A set amount of items caught their attention across the room and the three quickly made their way to said items.

Jack looked at the items which were; a broken blade, a rubber duck, a Madara Uchiha figurine, a box of cheerios and a book. He then looked up at the others as would them all look at each other, being the mischievous individual he was, Jack wasn't going to stand around and allow them to have first choice on said items. So Jack quickly jumped at the box of cheerios, grabbed it with his left hand whilst simultaneously grabbing hold of the katana upon its hilt. Jack then stood a couple of meters from the others while holding the cheerios box close to his chest and the katana facing towards the others, "Well this will be mine, I would share with you two if you really are hungry, but I'll be taking my share first...hehe.." Jack said to the others, but then he got thinking...'Why should I just give them a share when It now belongs to me? If anything, they should work for what they want...' Jack then raised his right hand, placing his right index finger against his right cheek. He had surely been contemplating some mischievous ordeal. I have an idea! Whomever can juggle the rubber duck, Madara figurine and katana whilst reading out loud from that book...half of the box of cheerios, the other two would have to share the remaining half, eh? Sounds like fun don't you guys think? hehe." Jack said and awaited a response from the others.

I hope this is what you were expecting xD.
I suddenly found myself inside a dark room, there was not much to it at first glance. Yet what I came to realize, there were two other individuals inside this room of darkness. The first person I took notice of, was a young boy, with white shaggy hair. He was probably confused, and with these given circumstances I should have been confused as well. But in fact, my mind was elsewhere. I was wondering through my memory palace, walking from door to door, trying to understand the situation and who these two other individuals were. The other person standing close to him, was wearing a suit just like him, he seemed quite educated and intelligent, a man of high stature. But what I was most surprised by, was the sudden outburst coming from the young boy, whom jumped forward with great force, grabbing both the cheerios and the katana in the process. What a stupid action, why would he attempt to claim things for himself in such a situation. It was obvious that the cheerios was the only source of food, at least for the other two individuals in the room. In fact, I could not care less about the cheerios, I had plenty of food in here, namely the two people who was with me. As I listened to the boys little insignificant voice, I simply walked towards the objects on the ground and picked up the book, I then glared over at the boy with my blood red eyes. "You do realize that the Cheerios in your hand, is not the only digestible source of food... secondly... you are apparently not very wise, since what you just did would obviously turn me and the other person over there against you, as you have the only food in this room, which would result in you being both outnumbered and in an even worse situation than the moment when you woke up in here..... yet I will not object against you, since I do not eat anything else but meat..." with those words, I walked into the darkness and sat down, all by myself, sitting with my front facing the direction where the other two would be located. I would then start to read the book, waiting for the situation to develope, so that I could come up with both a conclusion and possible a solution to the situation. Finally I would not mind staying here, as I could possible eat both of them, but for now I will read this book... it might have some answers.

Last edited:

Excālibur1

Legendary
Kin
34💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When Anthony opened up his eyes, he saw nothing but darkness filing up his eyes. Without much panic, Tony rubbed both of his eyes using his hands and opened them up again. He slowly opened up his eyes and was relieved that he was regaining his vision. The first thing Tony did was look around just to find himself locked in a room with two people inside and some objects lying around on the ground. As soon as he analysed the situation, a white haired boy jumped hurriedly at the objects and picked up some while posing a challenge. As soon as he spoke that, another man went towards the objects and picked up a book which seemed dusty and old. Then, Tony saw a another piece of katana which the young boy had forgot. Without letting anyone else see it, Tony moved towards that piece and picked it up just to examine it. The piece had no grip at all since the other part is not there and was shining a bit due to the light coming form the lamps at the corners of the room. Being a genius, Tony closed his eyes and started to think, then he opened it up again.

"Uh, where are we?"
Forgive my grammar, I tend to make mistakes >_<