Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images
Creative Writing Competition #5 - Voting
Well it's time to vote on the fifth competition to see who had the best written piece. For this event the theme was a situation for any of your favourite characters to face and you to write about it. You can find all the links to the works below. You will have 1 vote each and it will close after 7 days. All pieces are anonymous to avoid any cheating. The poll will be revealed afterwards. Good luck to all and fell free to discuss below.
Submissions:
1. Entry 1
2. Entry 2
3. Entry 3
4. Entry 4
5. Entry 5

Discussion Thread

Theme/Style
With the returning contest i found it only fitting to do a theme that you can relate to on one level or another. This time it's going to be quite simple:

- Choose an anime/manga/fantasy series that you are fond of and use that as your setting. This can be anything from Naruto to One piece, or even Star wars. I only ask that it be some form of fantasy or sci fi setting to make it unique. Bonus points if you choose lord of the rings O_<

- The world you chose has been hit by a virus (Crazy right) in which it has hit pandemic levels. This virus has a 50% mortality rate. You are to write a piece setting out how this effects your setting. You can relate this to the current world problem in a fantasy setting or put your own twist on it. For this you are only writing the introduction to the story. The virus has just hit, you're two months in, what is being done? What is happening to the world/worlds? Depending on which setting you chose.

- A little hint, it's an introduction, this will be the first part of many to come.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,671💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Alright, voting time :lok:. Since I didn't participate this time around, I'll give out some short summaries on what I thought about the subjects of this contest, mhm...

Entry 1: Intriguing... The style reminds me of a certain writer of the past named John. It's peculiar, yet familiar...

Entry 2: I haven't really played any of the Arkham games, but I've seen enough of them to recognise this storyline, although with a slightly altered scenery it seems from what I can recall from that cutscene this piece seems to be inspired by. A bit too similar to get my vote though, but intriguing nonetheless(y)...

You must be registered for see medias

Entry 3: This one was... Weird :ROFLMAO: Funny, but weird, lol.

Entry 4: Different from the rest, more centric, less... Hmmm... Less is probably not the right word. Interesting I'd say, though a bit more length would probably have helped this one a bit in my mind. Keep it up (y)

Entry 5: I liked this one... Nice tune choice xP Can't put my finger on it really, but it had something, added something, like spice to food, mhm.

Alright, time for the vote... No clear winner for me I'd say, though my head right now isn't the most focused it has been in a while... 1 or 5 maybe, lemme think this one through a bit before I toss it in xD Nevertheless, great work people = ):lok:(y)

Edit: Aight, 5 got my vote.

Only 6 votes though, why aren't people voting??😓

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,671💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Just a question, if the grammar is terrible but the story is good, will that count or be disqualified?
In the old days you had to at least try in order to get in the contest... But at the end of the day, people vote for what they want these days, and so did they back then too. So no one was ever really refused if they penned something seriously and not just gibberish. Not like it's buzzing with contestants and voters right now anyways. Might even have been the last contest on here...

tis section is controled by bunsh of memberz who let only their close friends win a contest... even michael29 got corupted..
Controlled? What's there to control these days except for you, lol.

All my friends have already left long ago, except for Dan, I guess :lok:

I kinda wanna enter but I dislike writing in english and I'm not good at the structure of a story so I don't know if I would be disqualified.
You'll learn to enjoy it eventually. The world is pretty much revolved around the English Language, can't get far without it. And yes, I'm from Norway, we don't speak English here either, so I had to learn too. It takes time and practice to get good at structure and grammar, don't sweat it, just give it your best.

Seriously though when is the next entry? @Michael92

MISA WANTS A JOINTSA!!!!!!
I'm not in charge, lol, don't ask me :lok::sweat::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Chikombo

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In the old days you had to at least try in order to get in the contest... But at the end of the day, people vote for what they want these days, and so did they back then too. So no one was ever really refused if they penned something seriously and not just gibberish. Not like it's buzzing with contestants and voters right now anyways. Might even have been the last contest on here...

Controlled? What's there to control these days except for you, lol.

All my friends have already left long ago, except for Dan, I guess :lok:

You'll learn to enjoy it eventually. The world is pretty much revolved around the English Language, can't get far without it. And yes, I'm from Norway, we don't speak English here either, so I had to learn too. It takes time and practice to get good at structure and grammar, don't sweat it, just give it your best.

I'm not in charge, lol, don't ask me :lok::sweat::ROFLMAO:
how about we talk norsk in profiles sections???..

• Haha
Reactions: Michael92