[Question] Could the Naruto series have used a proper timeline of events?

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah

Naruto is halfway between One Piece and that All Might anime
It focusses on powers and all those technical details, but only so far as they enhance the characters.

If thngs were done differently, particularly as you say, it would take away from the characters and their stories.

Otherwise, I understand your feelings

Kin
399💸
Kumi
60💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah

Naruto is halfway between One Piece and MHA
It focusses on powers and all those technical details, but only so far as they enhance the characters.

If thngs were done differently, particularly as you say, it would take away from the characters and their stories.

Otherwise, I understand your feelings
I’m not quite sure how it would have done so.
I mean, if you’re going to have dates and an extensive pre-series history, it’s best to do it right or at least understandably so it doesn’t leave people guessing.

Kin
399💸
Kumi
60💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh, and I forgot, the series has an entire map drawn up for it, so it follows that it should have had a timeline as well.
If it didn't need one, then it doesn't need the other.
Could also have shown changing borders & stuff over the years every time they showed that map there.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’m not quite sure how it would have done so.
I mean, if you’re going to have dates and an extensive pre-series history, it’s best to do it right or at least understandably so it doesn’t leave people guessing.
What seems right to you and me can be overwhelming and unnecessary to others, I figure

Kin
399💸
Kumi
60💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
can be overwhelming and unnecessary to others
Understood. However, wouldn't that effectively be the same thing where a map is concerned?
Also, like I think was being done in the new series at some point, wouldn't that effectively be necessary if the series was to begin dealing with time shenanigans such as travel & all that?

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Understood. However, wouldn't that effectively be the same thing where a map is concerned?
Also, like I think was being done in the new series at some point, wouldn't that effectively be necessary if the series was to begin dealing with time shenanigans such as travel & all that?
Levels perhaps?

A map is manageable compared to a map and a strict, linear timeline