Elite
Kin
565💸
Kumi
3,174💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hi, I recently took drawing back up, let me know what you all think!

Constructive criticism is more than welcome, I can take it (;

Sheik - Hyrule Warriors
You must be registered for see images

Mitsuki - Boruto

Naruto - Kurama Sage Mode

(First time drawing in colour so any advice would be appreciated)

Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: MomoSaka and Koko

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Really good shading. It looks great in spite of the images being so large. Even the smallest parts have good shading.
I don't think your shapes are pronounced enough though. You highlight them pretty well judging by the wrinkles of Naruto's nose, but it becomes difficult to differentiate the shapes and markings from the shading. If I'd never seen Naruto before, I'd be a bit confused about the shape of his hair and what's going on around his eyes. To contrast this to similar s of the scene, the big difference is that their shades are easier to differentiate from one another and are distinguished from the shapes due to lacking the black lining that the shapes have.

Your shades are too similar in color and causes them to lose their depth. Look at the areas around the innermost corners of Naruto's eyes and under them. The shading is similarly dark throughout the entire area it covers when it should be noticeably darker near deeper areas like the very corners of Naruto's eyes. You could probably differentiate the markings from the shading by making the marking's color more solid by ridding of the white as well. Those are my thoughts, but I'm not really an artist or anything so I may written against intentional stylistic choices.

Reactions: Sauron

Sauron

Elite
Kin
565💸
Kumi
3,174💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Really good shading. It looks great in spite of the images being so large. Even the smallest parts have good shading.
I don't think your shapes are pronounced enough though. You highlight them pretty well judging by the wrinkles of Naruto's nose, but it becomes difficult to differentiate the shapes and markings from the shading. If I'd never seen Naruto before, I'd be a bit confused about the shape of his hair and what's going on around his eyes. To contrast this to similar s of the scene, the big difference is that their shades are easier to differentiate from one another and are distinguished from the shapes due to lacking the black lining that the shapes have.

Your shades are too similar in color and causes them to lose their depth. Look at the areas around the innermost corners of Naruto's eyes and under them. The shading is similarly dark throughout the entire area it covers when it should be noticeably darker near deeper areas like the very corners of Naruto's eyes. You could probably differentiate the markings from the shading by making the marking's color more solid by ridding of the white as well. Those are my thoughts, but I'm not really an artist or anything so I may written against intentional stylistic choices.
I really appreciate your advice, particularly with the Naruto drawing, as it was my first time using colours I wasn’t really sure what I was doing, but I completely understand what you mean with the shades being too similar and not very easy to differentiate between, next time I’ll use slightly more contrasting shades to try to capture a little more depth!

Thanks again :)

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can only recommend that you actually pronounce Mitsuki’s nose bridge. You made it an inward-curved slope that extends from his forehead with no beginning. Refer to the following image, the arrow points to the beginning of the nose bridge:

You must be registered to see images

Last edited:

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can only recommend that you actually pronounce Mitsuki’s nose bridge. You made it a inward-curved slope that extends from his forehead with no beginning. Refer to the following image, the arrow points to the beginning of the nose bridge:

You must be registered to see images
ur english is very good compared to mine...mine sux..

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your English is better on YouTube than it is here. Why!!!??

ok at least is better then mine...becuz sozo is sozo...

by a way i have expieirnce wit pipole here :

-black americains were very nice to me and only 2% of them insulted my bad english..

-white americains only 9% insulted my english...

-but 85,31% of non native enligsh speakers were ones who insult my english a lot ...especially indians...
indians are rude to me....like wth pipole u not even english native speakers..

anyway im work hard to improve my english..

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ok at least is better then mine...becuz sozo is sozo...

by a way i have expieirnce wit pipole here :

-black americains were very nice to me and only 2% of them insulted my bad english..

-white americains only 9% insulted my english...

-but 85,31% of non native enligsh speakers were ones who insult my english a lot ...especially indians...
indians are rude to me....like wth pipole u not even english native speakers..

anyway im work hard to improve my english..
We’re off topic, Sozo. Respect the OP!