[Game] Conquering Everest #33

Kin
250💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Then why are you using Alice's handling of Poison to justify a town read on Alice? Like that post feels like an association read of Alice/Poison and using Alice lack of a teammate equity with Poison as a good look for her. That makes Poison a wolf in that world lol.
I'm not "justifying" a town read on Alice - that would imply I had come into the game expecting to town read Alice and was searching for a priori reasons to validate my stance.

What I'm saying here is that, regardless of Poison's alignment, Alice's pestering of Poison gives me a feeling of Town. I don't need to have a read on Poison right now to have that opinion, and it could be that once I've re-read Alice/Poison, my opinion changes. But my slot potatoing its way to a mislynch through lack of communication ~12 hours before EOD doesn't help anybody.

Given your objection, can I assume you are currently wolf-reading Alice and Poison?

Kin
250💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ansa had a solid TR on Alice based of her handling of him. They have a long history with each other so that kind of hold weights especially when it comes to direct interactions reads
I'm confused about why you're trying to shoot down my TR of Alice when you are apparently in agreement with me owing to Ansa's meta read. Do you think I'm right for the wrong reasons?

Kin
250💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I interpreted it exactly like this " Elmage is saying he would burn town!alice"

So I ask myself, "why would Elmage say he would burn Alice as town?"

And, in the thread, I ask "Why do you wanna burn Alice as town?"

I don't think it is as much of a deal as you made it. It was a simple misinterpretion which you could have cleared pretty normally. But you made a huge fuss, which really makes me think - scum!you slipped there and your reaction was quite scummily hyper if you look at it.
Actually, your interpretation changed the meaning of what he said.

Entirely.

If someone did that to me, and then tried to down-play it, I would be annoyed as well.

Kin
250💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
TR for Nova because he's everywhere. Writing like he doesn't have anything to hide.

Poison is kinda calm this game. Her behaviour NAI doe. She was hyped the last game I played with her . And she's Mafia that Time. What's the chance she's mafia again this time ? 50 /50
What's the chance she's a Townie ?50/50

Elmage survived N1. Strange occurrence.
That's not how math works.

Also, why do you find it odd that Elmage survived N1? Is he considered a very strong player? Is he such a strong player that he's worth eliminating over two very blatantly softing players linked by either a neighbor or lover mechanic?

Reactions: Poison
Kin
250💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm seeing worlds with Poison, aa and Alice. Later looks the best amongst the three, been actually a solid town lean for the mosts parts.
If you think Alice looks better than me, and I think Alice looks good for her interaction with Poison, and you think Alice and Poison are less likely to be teamed than Poison and I, I ask you again, where is the logic in trying to shoot down my TR of Alice owing to her handling of Poison? From your POV, if there's a chance Poison and I are teamed, I would want to be Alice look bad for her interactions with my partner, not TR them for it.

You're going to have to walk me through your process here. Right now it's just too convoluted (or non-existent) for me to follow.

novaselinenever

Regular
Kin
750💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not "justifying" a town read on Alice - that would imply I had come into the game expecting to town read Alice and was searching for a priori reasons to validate my stance.

What I'm saying here is that, regardless of Poison's alignment, Alice's pestering of Poison gives me a feeling of Town. I don't need to have a read on Poison right now to have that opinion, and it could be that once I've re-read Alice/Poison, my opinion changes. But my slot potatoing its way to a mislynch through lack of communication ~12 hours before EOD doesn't help anybody.

Given your objection, can I assume you are currently wolf-reading Alice and Poison?
The second line of your post does exactly just that though. Your using a an association read as a good look for Alice. That's why I asked you if you had a Poison as a lock wolf 'cause that second line doesn't make any sense without it.

Both of them alongside you are my PoE pool.

novaselinenever

Regular
Kin
750💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm confused about why you're trying to shoot down my TR of Alice when you are apparently in agreement with me owing to Ansa's meta read. Do you think I'm right for the wrong reasons?
I'm not shooting anything down, I'm questioning your thought process. It comes off as a perspective flip with you knowing Poison's alignment.

novaselinenever

Regular
Kin
750💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you think Alice looks better than me, and I think Alice looks good for her interaction with Poison, and you think Alice and Poison are less likely to be teamed than Poison and I, I ask you again, where is the logic in trying to shoot down my TR of Alice owing to her handling of Poison? From your POV, if there's a chance Poison and I are teamed, I would want to be Alice look bad for her interactions with my partner, not TR them for it.

You're going to have to walk me through your process here. Right now it's just too convoluted (or non-existent) for me to follow.
Why are you using my PoV to justify your actions here? That makes no sense. Me not liking a read you made doesn't have to be reflecting on that person, it's about your process. This whole "shooting down a TR on Alice" isn't an argument. It's You could be Poison's partner and still TR Alice for whatever reasons including her interaction with Poison. That doesn't absolve you from being partnered with Poison at all.

My thought process is pretty clear. Your TR on Alice is bad because of how you're using her handling of Poison as a good look without Poison's flip. This reflects bad on you because it feels fake.

Kin
250💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Why are you using my PoV to justify your actions here? That makes no sense. Me not liking a read you made doesn't have to be reflecting on that person, it's about your process. This whole "shooting down a TR on Alice" isn't an argument. It's You could be Poison's partner and still TR Alice for whatever reasons including her interaction with Poison. That doesn't absolve you from being partnered with Poison at all.

My thought process is pretty clear. Your TR on Alice is bad because of how you're using her handling of Poison as a good look without Poison's flip. This reflects bad on you because it feels fake.
...I'm using your POV because I'm trying to understand how you're looking at the game to try and determine whether you're town or not. I'm going to try and spell this out real simple for you, then I'm going to ignore you for a while until I'm fully caught up.

If Poison is Town, I think Alice pestering Poison to play into their Town meta is a good look for Alice, because wolf!Alice would have no reason to cajole Poison like this.

If Poison is Wolf, I think Alice pestering Poison to play into their Town meta is a good look for Alice, because wolf!Alice can just not bother doing this and engage themselves in other activities, such as pushing Towns.

So regardless of how Poison turns out, I think Alice's handling of them is more indicative of town than wolf.

Hopefully you can see my process here. Now I'm going to ignore you until I'm fully caught up.

Kin
250💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's a lot of stuff for 50 posts. Nice. Going rej. I think you can be towny but maybe just a gut read idk.
I don't think I have anything to talk about yet. It is mostly greetings and RVS till now, let's see how it goes.
Poison, if you thought it was too early to provide real thoughts/reads, why did you so easily accept Rej's production of thoughts/reads?

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,022💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Vote count 3/Day 2 at P#417
Odd - Elmage
Elmage - Odd > Unvote > aadono/ThatAverageGuy > Unvote > Alice
Rej - Alice > aadono/ThatAverageGuy
Alice - Rej
Poison - aadono/ThatAverageGuy
ThatAverageGuy - Rej
VotesVotedVotant
2Aadono/ThatAverageGuyPoison, Rej
2RejAlice, ThatAverageGuy
1AliceElmage
1ElmageOdd
1non votingNova
If you find any mistake, please PM me

Reactions: novaselinenever

novaselinenever

Regular
Kin
750💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
...I'm using your POV because I'm trying to understand how you're looking at the game to try and determine whether you're town or not. I'm going to try and spell this out real simple for you, then I'm going to ignore you for a while until I'm fully caught up.
That's not the kind of PoV use I'm referring to. It's the "if you think Poison and I are a team, me TR-ing Alice the third member of your PoE makes no sense for wolf!me".
If Poison is Town, I think Alice pestering Poison to play into their Town meta is a good look for Alice, because wolf!Alice would have no reason to cajole Poison like this.
This is fair I guess. Although as I mentioned earlier, I'm not sure how much the meta applies seeing as with the lack of it, she's nothing more than a null.
If Poison is Wolf, I think Alice pestering Poison to play into their Town meta is a good look for Alice, because wolf!Alice can just not bother doing this and engage themselves in other activities, such as pushing Towns.
This angle is my grippe with your original post, the second phrase to fluff the read. It's the emphasis on their teamed compatibility to add to the read that feels off. It's a weird addition.
So regardless of how Poison turns out, I think Alice's handling of them is more indicative of town than wolf.
That's fair too, the read boils down to her handling of Poison. It's her prodding and all, ok. The way you went on about it emphasizing on their association is my issue though. Comes off as you knowing Poison's role with certainty.
Hopefully you can see my process here. Now I'm going to ignore you until I'm fully caught up.
That's rude.

Kin
250💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's fair too, the read boils down to her handling of Poison. It's her prodding and all, ok. The way you went on about it emphasizing on their association is my issue though. Comes off as you knowing Poison's role with certainty.
Well, I don't. But I do make assumptions when I have gaps in my knowledge. It helps me to prioritize where I should be looking.