lvnaruto

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Apparently everyone assumed a Islamist group to be involved as would I however the threat was right under there noses. I am glad they have caught him and my condolences to the families who have lost there children at the camp.
:(The killings, it now seems clear, were carried out by a 32-year old Norwegian, named by local media as Anders Behring Breivik, who had expressed far-right views, and had dressed as a policeman to carry out his bomb attack on government buildings in central Oslo before heading to the island of Utøya, where he shot at least 84 people

"It seems it's not Islamic-terror related," the official said. "This seems like a madman's work.
"I saw a policeman stand there with earplugs. He said, 'I'd like to gather everyone.' Then he ran in and started shooting at people. We ran down towards the beach and began to swim.

Reactions: Michael92

Rihari

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
oh it wasn't a terrorist attack
i was thinking that though everyone jumping to the conclusion that it was,
still its hell sad how people died it is good they caught the culprit but still wont change the fact on what he did.

lvnaruto

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
still its hell sad how people died it is good they caught the culprit but still wont change the fact on what he did.
it was horrible what kind of human being would actually do that

Mugiwara

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It was terrorist attack... You don't have to be a Muslim radical extremist to be a terrorist o_o Anyone who does violence to strike fear into the hearts of the bystanders are terrorists.

Therefore this guy was a terrorist.

"Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or ideological goal, and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)"

It's not violence done in the name of a religion that makes one a terrorist, it can be political or ideological reasons as well.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"distinguishing terrorists from other types of criminals and terrorism from other forms of crime, we come to appreciate that terrorism is :
ineluctably political in aims and motives
violent – or, equally important, threatens violence
designed to have far-reaching psychological repercussions beyond the immediate victim or target
conducted by an organization with an identifiable chain of command or conspiratorial cell structure (whose members wear no uniform or identifying insignia) and
perpetrated by a subnational group or non-state entity"

-Hoffman

Mugiwara

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"distinguishing terrorists from other types of criminals and terrorism from other forms of crime, we come to appreciate that terrorism is :
ineluctably political in aims and motives
violent – or, equally important, threatens violence
designed to have far-reaching psychological repercussions beyond the immediate victim or target
conducted by an organization with an identifiable chain of command or conspiratorial cell structure (whose members wear no uniform or identifying insignia) and
perpetrated by a subnational group or non-state entity
"

-Hoffman
Doesn't always have to be an organization.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well the worst we do in Norway is imprisonment for life.
imprision him in the mental hospital at least. (solo and chained - I think he can use shock therepy now and then)

It was terrorist attack... You don't have to be a Muslim radical extremist to be a terrorist o_o Anyone who does violence to strike fear into the hearts of the bystanders are terrorists.

"Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or ideological goal, and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)"

It's not violence done in the name of a religion that makes one a terrorist, it can be political or ideological reasons as well
Totally agree. Example: terrorist with communist ideologist-religion doesn't matter-kill too many people every year.

Doesn't always have to be an organization.
If there is no organization and a lone person- whatever his personal agenda it's just him- won't he be just a psycho/criminal?

Last edited:

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It's not violence done in the name of a religion that makes one a terrorist, it can be political or ideological reasons as well.
Thank for another good explanation. You're the ethical defender of NB. Glory to you, Mugi for that!

Since the thread is about condolences, I do hope that the terrorist suffer every single second of his life for every second he snatched out of those poo victim's destinies.
My deep sympathies to all the victim's families!