0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
New to photoshop. Want some CnC please.

You must be registered for see images

I know they are not amazing but What is the best one out of these?

Renders used:

Last edited:

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Do you mind showing the original images? Like this it's kinda hard to tell what you added and what was originally there.

From the looks of it I like the composition of the bottom part of the Deidara one the best looking.

3d one is cool. Modest, but cool.

Kratoss

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you mind showing the original images? Like this it's kinda hard to tell what you added and what was originally there.

From the looks of it I like the composition of the bottom part of the Deidara one the best looking.

3d one is cool. Modest, but cool.
yeah sure

renders:

Torche

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
3,732💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
New to photoshop. Want some CnC please.

I know they are not amazing but What is the best one out of these three?

Renders used:

Great work! ^^ I'll try to cnc, but dunno how well I'll do. :lol Don't take it harshly, please! I'm just trying to help you improve.

1)
The tag is pretty empty, to be honest. The lower lighting is a great start. Although, with the top half, you sort of messed up. Where exactly is the light source? I get the impression it's meant to be from the butterfly? Then why is the entire top part of Yato light? See what I mean? The light source on the right means the behind Yato, to the left, should be darkened with a soft brush. It looks like you tried on the scarf, but I'm not certain. Besides the lighting, there isn't really depth.

2)
This ones pretty cool! And the text is in a good spot too. Try to expand on depth a bit more by sharpening/blurring/leaving parts of the render. The text is pretty bad, too. As good a start as any. :p Try to not have the text by itself, look up, for example, tiny text brushes, or something that you can but with it. Also, the text like all the same size. Try to have the top one bigger, or vice-versa.

3)
This ones pretty unique. :p The text and render are working against each other. The text should be placed much closer to the render which is the focal point, in order to draw your eye to it and not try to pick between the two. The style of the text is pretty plain, but you did good with one being bigger than the other! Some basic lighting like darkening the sides and a light source would have done great here. The entire render is just basically sharpened too, which isn't what you really want. But nice work.

All in all, great effort! Try looking at more tutorials or just playing around yourself with this stuff in mind. Maybe practice just lighting on something, text on something else. Even if everything by itself, and then putting it all together.

Best of luck, mate! ^^

Reactions: Kratoss

Kratoss

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great work! ^^ I'll try to cnc, but dunno how well I'll do. :lol Don't take it harshly, please! I'm just trying to help you improve.

1)
The tag is pretty empty, to be honest. The lower lighting is a great start. Although, with the top half, you sort of messed up. Where exactly is the light source? I get the impression it's meant to be from the butterfly? Then why is the entire top part of Yato light? See what I mean? The light source on the right means the behind Yato, to the left, should be darkened with a soft brush. It looks like you tried on the scarf, but I'm not certain. Besides the lighting, there isn't really depth.

2)
This ones pretty cool! And the text is in a good spot too. Try to expand on depth a bit more by sharpening/blurring/leaving parts of the render. The text is pretty bad, too. As good a start as any. :p Try to not have the text by itself, look up, for example, tiny text brushes, or something that you can but with it. Also, the text like all the same size. Try to have the top one bigger, or vice-versa.

3)
This ones pretty unique. :p The text and render are working against each other. The text should be placed much closer to the render which is the focal point, in order to draw your eye to it and not try to pick between the two. The style of the text is pretty plain, but you did good with one being bigger than the other! Some basic lighting like darkening the sides and a light source would have done great here. The entire render is just basically sharpened too, which isn't what you really want. But nice work.

All in all, great effort! Try looking at more tutorials or just playing around yourself with this stuff in mind. Maybe practice just lighting on something, text on something else. Even if everything by itself, and then putting it all together.

Best of luck, mate! ^^
Thanks for the detailed feedback! It's not really harsh lol.

Yeah the light source is supposed to be a butterfly. It's empty but I wanted to make it simple, for example I had other textures and fractals placed but they didn't go well with the space, so I just kept it with the butterfly. I did do lighting and shading and bluring and other stuff but I guess since I kept darkening the image they are not noticeable.

About the Deidara one. Do you have an example of the text brushes you mentioned? I'm pretty weak at text, and often don't get it right. I follow a lot of tutorials in DA, but didn't find many good ones about text, they are usually just about how to place them and doing two types of text, etc but they don't really mention how to stylize them and such.

If you don't mind here is the Deidara one without text:

Can you do the text for it? so I can learn specifically from it?

Torche

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
3,732💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks for the detailed feedback! It's not really harsh lol.

Yeah the light source is supposed to be a butterfly. It's empty but I wanted to make it simple, for example I had other textures and fractals placed but they didn't go well with the space, so I just kept it with the butterfly. I did do lighting and shading and bluring and other stuff but I guess since I kept darkening the image they are not noticeable.

About the Deidara one. Do you have an example of the text brushes you mentioned? I'm pretty weak at text, and often don't get it right. I follow a lot of tutorials in DA, but didn't find many good ones about text, they are usually just about how to place them and doing two types of text, etc but they don't really mention how to stylize them and such.

If you don't mind here is the Deidara one without text:

Can you do the text for it? so I can learn specifically from it?
Np!

Fair enough. Yeah, probably. >_>

Something like that^

You just have to play with styles really, and everyone's taste in text is different.

Sure, I can try a bit later, although I can be hit and miss at text, imo. Not sure how well I'll do adding to someone else's work, either. xd