Moment of Reviewing:
  • End of the Series
Other Formats:
  • Manga
  • Novels

[Additional] Information

• Theatrical Trailer

[Series] Summary

On August 10th of the year 2010 the Holy Empire of Britannia began a campaign of conquest, its sights set on Japan. Operations were completed in one month thanks to Britannia's deployment of new mobile humanoid armor vehicles dubbed Knightmare Frames. Japan's rights and identity were stripped away, the once proud nation now referred to as Area 11. Its citizens, Elevens, are forced to scratch out a living while the Britannian aristocracy lives comfortably within their settlements. Pockets of resistance appear throughout Area 11, working towards independence for Japan.

Lelouch, an exiled Imperial Prince of Britannia posing as a student, finds himself in the heart of the ongoing conflict for the island nation. Through a chance meeting with a mysterious girl named C.C., Lelouch gains his Geass, the power of the king. Now endowed with absolute dominance over any person, Lelouch may finally realize his goal of bringing down Britannia from within!

A year has passed since "The Black Rebellion" and the remaining Black Knights have vanished into the shadows, their leader and figurehead, Zero, executed by the Britannian Empire. Area 11 is once more squirming under the Emperor's oppressive heel as the Britannian armies concentrate their attacks on the European front. But for the Britannians living in Area 11, life is back to normal. On one such normal day, a Britannian student, skipping his classes in the Ashford Academy, sneaks out to gamble on his chess play. But unknown to this young man, several forces are eying him from the shadows, for soon, he will experience a shocking encounter with his own obscured past, and the masked rebel mastermind Zero will return.​

[Critical] Review

I would like to start by saying that this is the best anime I have ever watched and gave my heart and soul while watching. It didn't started like this though, this anime is many times compared with another one on it's par; Death Note, and my critical analysis is based on using the same elements and picturing this anime in comparison to Death Note. It is based on two series that are named R1 and R2 standing for Rebellion 1 and Rebellion 2 as acted in the series.

Before I was told to watch the series I always ignored it due to the fact that it is "Mecha" and involves robots and advance technological things, I was never a fan of those until I watched this anime. The day I decided to get over it and finally have a look at what all the hype is about I realized that the start of the anime isn't that catchy. It isn't like Death Note or the famous animes that you would compare it to. The start is in fact quite dull, but as the anime goes to around 6[SUP]th[/SUP], 7[SUP]th[/SUP] episode, you realize the depth and time invested into making the real story of the anime come to life. It gets so good around the mid of Rebellion 1 that I just couldn't stop watching, one after another surprises and character development was beyond amazing. Lelouch finally manages to get a huge force on his side, or as in anime "The Black Knights", and by the end of the first series he wages the first rebellion against his father. At that moment the anime had me entirely, but then the end was so drastic of the first season that I literrally said "WTF" is going on? Even though my mind was captured in the amazing story I couldn't shake the fact that Black Rebellion ended drastically. The start of the second season the audience have no idea whatsoever about the story, there are new characters introduced, and a lot of things just won't make any sense. Until Zero Returns!

Goose bumps on your skin are enough to summarize the epic-ness of that moment when once again the favorite personality of the main character comes to life and you see him pulling off another miracle. The anime continues slow from their own trying to restore the bonds and blend in the story's loop holes that were seen at the start, until it is fully revealed. But then when you think you have had seen everything and the amazingness of the anime, the main character once again suffers defeat from the hands of his own men! These emotions are very well maintained throughout the anime, and then it continues to the very core concept of the series. The real question; What is Peace? And how would one come about restoring it? I would not have imagined any better ending than what the writers gave us, I never cried while watching any anime but this was the first time I did. And then the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] time when my hand got stuck on replay button. Code Geass overall have slow starts for both seasons but as soon as it kicks off it is beyond anything you would have ever watched.

If you're a fan of strategic anime and stories this is one for you with a clear and amazing ending to the question of life! As Lelouch would say; "I... Destroyed... Worlds... And Created... It Again." The anime's soundtrack is equally amazing and the time it kicks off even a wrestler won't be able to stop his/her tears. Better end it with a controversial statement Code Geass ≥ Death Note.

You must be registered for see images

- Reviewed by Blizzard

Equalist

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1) Good review. I've written better. :p But this is very good.

2) Code Geass is not better than Death Note. It was going in that direction and then bam R2.

3) With all this said Code Geass is definitely in my top five faves of All-Time. I highly recommend it to anyone who is either a fan of anime or someone who hates anime. Code Geass is truly a revolutionary title.

Zetsueno

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Know what? You should watch Legend of Galactic heroes. Only then will you know that CG is a LOGH rip-off and how badly it fares in comparison to LOGH.