Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know but I assume it's about change in personality, like Naruto used to be one way but he became more mature, he also gained lots of powers so that's a change.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It’s something Sakura lacks as one of the 4 main characters of the series.

Kakashi has his development and story with a overarching plot line and backstory fleshed out over the course of the series.

Sasuke has his development and story with a overarching plot line and backstory fleshed out over the course of the series.

Naruto has his development and story with a overarching plot line and backstory fleshed out over the course of the series.

Sakura lacks a fleshed backstory, dedicated plot line and development. Her entire character is dependent on others unlike the three male leads who story can be enjoyed without focusing on the lead character. This is why she is comparied to secondary characters.

Actually, Gaara and a number of villains have a better character development and backstory than her with less screen time.

Last edited:

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kakashi has ties to both Obito, Rin and Naruto’s parents that plays into the plot.

Sasuke has ties to Itachi, Madara, Indra and Naruto that plays into the plot.

Naruto has ties to all of the above along with Nagato and the tailed beasts all of which plays into the plot.

Sakura has Naruto and Sasuke that relies on her being a supporting character rather than one that can stand on their own much like the secondary characters in the series. (That aren’t villains)

Sakura’s development is her turmoil with Sasuke, her failure to learn from mistakes and her desire to stand on the same field as her husband and friend.

Which would be fine if it pertained to the plot even remotely and did make her contrived relationship with Sasuke the way it is. The only thing she had was the overarching POAL which got overshadowed by the curse of hatred.

Sakura was supposed to have a larger effect on Sasuke than Naruto does when he had the curse mark. Which was left as a loose end one Naruto started TNJ’ing everyone.

Last edited:

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sakura had potential for but lacked.

Smile though becuase Sarada has that and more!
Sarada and Sakura are not even remotely the same type of character archetype.

Sarada is established with a concise goal, doesn’t have an infatuation with another character and has her own characterization.

Not to mention Sarada was intentionally created by kishimoto (unlike her parents with Sasuke going on to be a great success and best idea from his editors).

Sarada has potential because her character impacts Boruto’s.

Boruto plans of being the Hokage’s shadow and her dream is to be Hokage. She has everything she needs to not end up like her mother and be more like her father in the sense of development.

Sarada >>>>> Sakura and that’s just off the one-shot and disregarding and fight scenes.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Back story, personality, character depth, progression through the cycle of life.

Female characters lack character development/depth in Kishi's Naruto. That's largely down to his focus on a few male characters and sidelining of the female characters. Sakura has some of the three but no depth, other side characters have hardly any.

Last edited:

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
816💸
Kumi
406💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It’s something Sakura lacks as one of the 4 main characters of the series.

Kakashi has his development and story with a overarching plot line and backstory fleshed out over the course of the series.

Sasuke has his development and story with a overarching plot line and backstory fleshed out over the course of the series.

Naruto has his development and story with a overarching plot line and backstory fleshed out over the course of the series.

Sakura lacks a fleshed backstory, dedicated plot line and development. Her entire character is dependent on others unlike the three male leads who story can be enjoyed without focusing on the lead character. This is why she is comparied to secondary characters.

Actually, Gaara and a number of villains have a better character development and backstory than her with less screen time.
Sakura has backstory.

Her father and mother exists, they were introduced in Roat to Ninja, which I believe is C-canon movie.

She was smartest in the school overpowering shikamaru.

Had good relationships with class mates.

Had a sad backstory which claims which was bullied for big foreheads. Ino helped her out and that's how they became friends.

Ino said sakura is a flower which'll be bigger than the cosmos, like in a prophecy.

Has good devolopment, which showed a talentless(presumably) teenager meeting a world renowned sannin and learning her arts and then in part two showing the results of training and caring for older people than herself, which showed good manners and made her extremely likable as a character.

Her attraction to Sasuke is pretty funny and adorable for the most part.

Attraction was sincere as she predicted Sasuke's retrieval from leaf in bare night where everyone including his so called best friend naruto was sleeping.

Overall top 3 characters.

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sarada and Sakura are not even remotely the same type of character archetype
Which is a great thing!!! Which is why I said Sarada already has what sakuras entire character lacked.

Sarada is established with a concise goal, doesn’t have an infatuation with another character and has her own characterization.
I said that first and a long time ago too, your not saying anything that anyone doesn’t already know!!!

Not to mention Sarada was intentionally created by kishimoto (unlike her parents with Sasuke going on to be a great success and best idea from his editors).
This is why I told OP to smile, Sarada wasn’t created nor will receive the neglect Sakura’s did!!!

Sarada has potential because her character impacts Boruto’s.
Agreeded!!!!

Sarada FTW!!!

Boruto plans of being the Hokage’s shadow and her dream is to be Hokage. She has everything she needs to not end up like her mother and be more like her father in the sense of development.
Again, your not saying anything I don’t already know, have never said or what not the common consensus about saradas character. Lol at this point you just want to hear yourself talk and take the opportunity to drag Sakura to try and get a reaction out of me but your delayed. Again your not saying anything that I don’t already know, have said or believe becuase I objectively read the manga and understand the facts!

Sarada >>>>> Sakura and that’s just off the one-shot and disregarding and fight scenes.
Nothing but the obvious but I’m glad you feel the need to state it.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sakura has backstory.

Her father and mother exists, they were introduced in Roat to Ninja, which I believe is C-canon movie.

Had a sad backstory which claims which was bullied for big foreheads. Ino helped her out and that's how they became friends.

Ino said sakura is a flower which'll be bigger than the cosmos, like in a prophecy.

Has good devolopment, which showed a talentless(presumably) teenager meeting a world renowned sannin and learning her arts and then in part two showing the results of training and caring for older people than herself, which showed good manners and made her extremely likable as a character.

Attraction was sincere as she predicted Sasuke's retrieval from leaf in bare night where everyone including his so called best friend naruto was sleeping.

1. No she doesn’t, all we know is that she comes from no clan, got picked on for her massive forehead and likes Sasuke. The later resulting in her fallout with ino.

2.where is this stated?

3. She beefs with Ino and avoided Lee until he tried to save her. Everyone else she has little to no interactions with in part 1.

4. That backstory is shallow and could have shown her non canon parents so Sarada would have grandparents.

5. Her development was not good in part 1.

6. Her attraction to Sasuke was as annoying as Naruto’s attraction to her. Those two being perverted horn dogs while Sasuke rebuked her advances and Sakura punches Naruto.

How is she top 3 when Kakashi, Naruto and Sasuke are better than her? She at a default number 4 due to her being the female lead and having no attention given to her. Something kishimoto admits, relying on trying to make her more attractive.

The drop off between #1-3 and #4 May as well be the difference between 3 athletes and a obese person.

Last edited:

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sakura has backstory.

I would leave this alone, Sakura has more cons then pros and the person your arguing against know her cons like they’ve majored them in college.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sakura became stronger in early part 2 and she wanted to not just be someone in the background or something but then she was kinda left behind.
She has been there at pivotal moments in the plot but she was never developed that much, Hinata neither, maybe she isn't shy anymore now, I don't know.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would leave this alone, Sakura has more cons then pros and the person your arguing against know her cons like they’ve majored them in college.
I need to make a thread comparing her development with her fellow main characters and then with the secondary ones.

May take a few days since I’d have to compile it all.

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I need to make a thread comparing her development with her fellow main characters and then with the secondary ones.

May take a few days since I’d have to compile it all.
I know you can do it, your too invested in the proving how bad of a character Sakura is too not complete such a task! And when it becomes too much for you to do and you feel like giving up....

You must be registered for see images

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know you can do it, your too invested in the proving how bad of a character Sakura is too not complete such a task! And when it becomes too much for you to do and you feel like giving up....

You’re *

And she’s been proven trash on multiple platforms and forums.

I’m pretty much beating a dead horse. But I’d be damned if there wasn’t a better example since Kagome on how NOT to write a female main lead.

It’s like discussing how bad a movie was.

Last edited:

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
816💸
Kumi
406💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. No she doesn’t, all we know is that she comes from no clan, got picked on for her massive forehead and likes Sasuke. The later resulting in her fallout with ino.

2.where is this stated?

3. She beefs with Ino and avoided Lee until he tried to save her. Everyone else she has little to no interactions with in part 1.

4. That backstory is shallow and could have shown her non canon parents so Sarada would have grandparents.

5. Her development was not good in part 1.

6. Her attraction to Sasuke was as annoying as Naruto’s attraction to her. Those two being perverted horn dogs while Sasuke rebuked her advances and Sakura punches Naruto.

How is she top 3 when Kakashi, Naruto and Sasuke are better than her? She at a default number 4 due to her being the female lead and having no attention given to her. Something kishimoto admits, relying on trying to make her more attractive.

The drop off between #1-3 and #4 May as well be the difference between 3 athletes and a obese person.
1) I think the forehead part was pretty emotional. Equally emotional as Lee's inability to learn ninjutsu and genjutsu and he trains to let gai see him to pass on forbidden eight gates techniques.

2) Whatever kishimoto personally draws and sketches is canon I believe. These links'll broaden that part.

^ Kishimoto personally designed.

3) the beefing with lee and interactions with ino looked pretty interesting, though. One of the best moments in part one.

4) Kizashi and Mebuki are canon: self drawn + sketched by Kishi himself.

5) Her devolopment in part 1 is a little underrated.

6)Attraction was a bit funny and bit laughable at times. Other than that, it had an exceptional good interaction and character kinda "progress" and "aura" in it. If you rewatch that scene it'll feel emotionally "grasping and kinda "compelling" to the audience.

I personally think her devolopment is a bit better than kakashi, though it's still kinda lagging behind Natuto and sasuke though.

They're main heroes after all, you gotta give em' that "seat" for "heroism".

The comparison of atheletes is untrue, I'd say cattle comparison is better, like mother cow compared to teenage kid cow; the size differences're not that broad or way above, it's comparable like in Sakura's attitude cases and character hype. It's pretty much edging between naruto and sasuke, some what overwhelming naruto's progress. Tbh.

Personally tho.

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You’re *

And she’s been proven trash on multiple platforms and forums.

I’m pretty much beating a dead horse. But I’d be damned if there wasn’t a better example since Kagome on how NOT to write a female main lead.

It’s like discussing how bad a movie was.
Either way I believe that you could in turn extend how she’s been proven to be trash on other multiple platforms to this particular forum. Don’t be scared to beat a dead horse if it means that your able to share your opinion about her trash character, it’s your right!!

Last edited: