Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Link to

Dave glanced at Punk, who shrugged and got in the back. Dave sat up front and put on his seatbelt.

“Haha, you're gonna wear your seat belt? Why? Like crashing is the worst of our problems.”
“Riker, don't scare the new guy. C'mon, he just had a rough encounter.”
“Yeah, yeah.”
Riker started driving off.
“So, Punk here saved you from those thugs from downtown? Yeah, I ran into those ass holes a couple times myself. Apparently, they don't really like being stolen from. The nerve of them huh”
“Rike, fill me in on the new guy you were talking about.”
“Jesus, Punk, cutting me off and shit. Alright. So, Felicia was scoping out that military base over on the outskirts.”
“By herself?”
“You know she can handle herself. You gonna let me finish or not, man?”
“Alright, sorry.”
Dave squirmed uncomfortably in his seat. Riker slightly glanced at him as he continued.
“So, yeah, she was scoping it and she ran into an old friend of ours. This guy named Okami. He had moved to Mexico right before the First Event and was working there for the cartel or something. Basically, he's a weapons expert, great in firearms and stuff, like knows how they work. Felicia found him there.”
“He trying to get weapons like us?”
“Right. Naturally, Felicia saw the potential this guy had. You know, we need weapons, he knows about them.”
As Riker spoke, he waved his wrist around.
“She asked him to join? Alright, let's go see what this guy's about.”
“He's fairly cool, you know? I think we can trust him and if he can help us out, then why the hell not?”

Punk nodded and sat back. He looked out the window and stared at the buildings, scarred by damage and graffiti. Looting only made it worse.

“So, Dave, what're you about?”

Dave stammered for a bit.

“Listen, it's cool man, I'm not gonna bite. I'm into women anyway.”
“W-What?” Dave stammered.
“Hey, if that's what you're into...”
“No, not at all.”
“I won't judge.”
“Riker.”

Riker looked back. Punk raised an eyebrow at him with a straight face, the look he gave him when he was talking to much or saying something stupid. Riker exhaled forcefully.

“So yeah, what's your story? You a doctor or something?”
“Yeah, I worked down at the hospital on the far Eastside.”
“Eastside? Pretty far from here. How'd you get here?”
“I came here a month before the First Event. I was visiting my sister. It was a week before her birthday.” Dave's voice caught a bit. Riker stared straight ahead.
“When the First Event hit, we were shocked. At first, we thought it was some kind of climate thing, I mean, it only hit third world countries at first.”
“Yeah, I remember that when it first hit, I thought it was just them. I had no idea what was in store,” Punk chipped in.
“No one did, man. It was crazy when it happened,” Riker said.
“Yeah. When the Second Event hit, I lost my sister. I haven't heard from my parents since the Second.”
“That's tough,” Punk said.
“We're here,” Riker said.

They stopped the car in front of an old loft.
“What is this?” Dave asked.
“Our hideout. It's secure and has a basement in case we need...security. If you know what I mean,” Riker said.
“Security? From what?”
“Seriously? Punk saved you from some thugs earlier.”
No answer.
“You really don't know?”
“Know what?”
“We'll let Felicia fill him in.”

Punk had left the car and had walked up to the door. He knocked on in a pattern. A small square opened up. It closed and the door opened. On the other side, stood a tall woman. She had long hair and was very attractive. She had brown eyes and a look that was friendly, but called for respect. She was of Native American descent, though it wasn't prominent. She wore a tank top and jeans. In her hand was a can of beer. Punk stepped in.

“I found a doctor.”
“Great. We're gonna need one if what we found it is true.”
“Speaking of which, you should fill him in on the rumor.”

Dave looked around confused. For the society they lived in, the place was actually decent. It didn't have that much furniture, but it had electricity and running water, evident by Punk washing his hands at a sink in another room. He stepped back into the room and took off his sweatshirt. He wore a brown shirt underneath and was fairly muscular. Punk walked with a slight stride and had his chin elevated slightly. Felicia sat at a table and took a sip of beer. Punk sat near her. Riker took off his jacket, revealing that he was fairly muscular, but not was much as Punk. He was slightly shorter, about five feet, eleven inches. He walked and moved with a slight awkwardness.

“I'm going upstairs.”
“As usual,” Felicia called as Riker walked up the stairs. He was wiping his face with his hand. A door shut and the sound of bed springs squeaking was heard for a second.

“So, who are you?” Felicia asked.
“My name is Dave Carter. I'm-er, was, rather- a doctor.”
“Uh huh. And you were born in?”
“Chicago. Born and raised.”
“Jeez, you don't have to cross examine him, Hime.”
“Hime?”
“My nickname in the Navy. I got cuz I'm pretty agile and hard to get down.” Felicia grinned and took another sip of beer.
“Don't I know it...” Punk said in a low voice. Felicia shot him a playful look.

“So, I guess we oughta tell you about what we heard. You know how the Second Event took out nearly 70% of the Earth's population? Well, have you heard of a place in Europe called Tutis. Funny name, I know, but it's supposed to be safe. A good place to rebuild. Granted, it's not like the Earth before the Events, hell, it's pretty damn far, but it's better than this shithole.”

“Yeah, I heard about that.” Dave sat up straight. “It's some kind of save haven right? Some guys that used to be rich in Europe managed to get there right?
Punk chimed in. “Right. At first we thought it was nothing but BS, but Felicia here heard it could very well be real.”
“It was another partner of ours, Okami who told me actually. The manufacturing company he worked for down in New Mexico, called CaliTech, was shipping machinery to Tutis. It's in Europe. A few weeks ago, Okami's old boss contacted him. He told him about Tutis and that in a few months, there's going to be a ship coming from there to America, one of the stops being New York, not far from here.”

“But this ship, we don't know how many of us can actually fit there. Refugees are violent, so it's more than likely that there will be competition over places on that boat. Meaning...”. Her voice trailed off.

“Meaning we're gonna have to form a crew. We're gonna need a doctor like you. We're gonna need Felicia and Okami. He's worked with weapons and she has the military experience with weapons to know what we need. She can also hold her own in a fight and so can Riker.”

Dave swallowed hard. Europe? Weapons? Violence? What had he gotten himself into?

'Jesus, how do I know these people won't kill me the first chance get!'

“I know it's a big leap.”
Felicia's words broke his thoughts.
“But it's better than here. And it's gonna be risky. But it's the last hope we got. It's better than staying here. Dave. Are you in?”

“Or are you out?” Punk asked.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
The beautiful me does love guns.

Another good chapter, mate. I was actually getting excited while reading it.
Reminds me of black lagoon :cool: , Im enjoying reading this man , leaves me wanting more lol ........awesome work man .
I like it man. It's a pretty solid Fanfic to me. I can already tell you, there should be a sequel and you should put your fanfic in a contest.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

I was actually contemplating earlier if a certain second part should be added, or if I should end it where I originally intended. Once I finish the third chapter, I'll enter it in the next FanFic contest xD