Can you read Stone Tablet without Visual Prowess?

edwinblack

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
What I'm asking is can you read a little without visual prowess? How did Sasuke read the Uchiha Stone Tablet without using Sharingan when he was a boy? And I wonder if Sasuke ever went and read the Tablet with his new Eyes?

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
The manga says you cannot. I believe it was an anime mistake where we see Sasuke reading the tablet without Sharingan. Zestu supposedly read and changed the tablet with no eye technique, but he could have always had an Uchida fodder do that for him.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
201๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Oh ya when Madara took Hashirama to that Tablet does any1 remember if Hashi himself could understand it?(i mean like a sentence)
Actually, he didn't have the time to read. Madara told him what he could see with EMS, and then the conversation turned to politics and stuff. Sadly we didn't got see if he read or not. Apparently you need at least 1 tomoe to decipher it.

edwinblack

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Actually, he didn't have the time to read. Madara told him what he could see with EMS, and then the conversation turned to politics and stuff. Sadly we didn't got see if he read or not. Apparently you need at least 1 tomoe to decipher it.
Except Zetsu like some1 mentioned earlier. And theres that scene with Sasuke not using his sharingan to read atleast a little.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
201๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
What I'm asking is can you read a little without visual prowess? How did Sasuke read the Uchiha Stone Tablet without using Sharingan when he was a boy? And I wonder if Sasuke ever went and read the Tablet with his new Eyes?
That's actually a good question, as there was a lot of Uchiha who didn't have Sharingan. Sasuke had sharingan at the time but wasn't aware of that.

You must be registered for see images

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
black zetsu apparently can
Except Zetsu like some1 mentioned earlier. And theres that scene with Sasuke not using his sharingan to read atleast a little.
Zetsu only ever said he modified the tablet, not that he could actually read it. He was watching everything since Kaguya was sealed so he knew what it said. In addition, as I said earlier, Zetsu could very well have influenced an Uchiha to make the changes for him. Clearly he was meddling all this time, so it's possible.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
618๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Zetsu only ever said he modified the tablet, not that he could actually read it. He was watching everything since Kaguya was sealed so he knew what it said. In addition, as I said earlier, Zetsu could very well have influenced an Uchiha to make the changes for him. Clearly he was meddling all this time, so it's possible.
You need a sharingan to open the shrine and in order to know that what hagormoo said was rubbish he would need to be able to read it. There is also no uchiha he could influence to change what the six path said on the tablet when they are incapable of doing it themselves and would get caught by the Uchiha clan. He's not even strong enough to control an Uchiha's body, he even said that he changed it himself anyways.