The one in the East says It's red,
The one in the West says It's blue,
North and South don't care what It is,
But the one above It understands.

All who have are guilty,
All who lack are worthless,
All who aren't are nothing,
All who belong are home.
Hmmm... You already answered the first part, so I won't bother with it.

The second part sounds like it has something to do with graduation or moving on to the next step in life.

In the third part, I'm guessing "It" is the inner being/soul. Opposing sides see different things in it, but only the "one above" truly knows.

The last one has too many interpretations for me to give a confident answer.

Tsuki

Supreme
Kin
1,154💸
Kumi
30,042💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Aw man, I'm definitly sure that I misinterpreted it xD
Anyway, here's what I got >.<

Reading your explanation of the first part leads me to believe that the "It" is reffering to "Waiting, being patient, biding ones time"...

I cannot help but thinking that there's a political reference in the 3rd paragraph hmm

Hmm, well reading "East says It's red" (communism) and "West says It's blue" (democracy).
The way I understand it is that people believe that there are different ways of achieving the reward of "Waiting, being patient, biding ones time" but that they tend to not see the others' point of view of it.

When it comes to "North" and "South" then these are people who are uncertain (that's why they are reffered to as "worthless" or "nothing" in the last paragraph) and would tend to either follow the "East" or the "West"...

Sorry that was the only thing I got from it which I could explain :(
But basically what I think is that "It" = "Waiting, being patient, biding ones time"

All who have (It) are guilty,
All who lack (It) are worthless,
All who aren't (It) are nothing,
All who belong (It) are home.

Also the East and West are "guilty" while the North and South are "worthless" and "nothing". Those who achieved "It" are "the one above".

Last edited:

Shinobi Train

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright, since no one will ever get this, I'll spell the whole thing out. ^_^

It's mostly about perspective.

2. Experience gives you a different point of view than someone that is less experienced. Both see what they want to see though, so they're both blind. The experienced one is blinded by all that he knows, he has trouble using it or they just can't use it because the way the experience was gained screwed them over (my brother fell prey to that, but he's getting a second chance actually, which is unbelievable). The less experienced are blind by default.

3. Due to experience and what a person has been influenced by, like their parents and social circle, one develops a point of view. On any one topic, many people have different opinions on either side, but there are also many that really don't care at all. There are also those that see both sides and understand that both sides are wrong.

Those people sometimes see what should be done, but often times they realize there isn't a perfect answer because it's not a perfect world. In such a moment, choosing the lesser of two evils is required. Some would also say that maybe it's best to not do anything when in doubt, but one could also say that all it takes for evil to prevail is for the good to do nothing.

4. There are those that have gone through what life has to throw at them, and there are those that have either risen to the challenge, or caved under pressure and settled for less. Those that won in the game, they're guilty of whatever they had to do to get there...and usually it's not good stuff. The ones that failed may have done so because they weren't willing to do those things. Even still there are those that have neither been challenged by life, nor failed at anything. They've simply lived, not accomplishing, nor needing to accomplish.

All of these people, whether they've faced the challenge and prevailed, or crumbled and shattered. Whether they've done anything or not, whether their opinion about something is right or wrong, or if they even have an opinion. No matter what, if these people are content with their lives and they belong, then they're where they should be, and they shouldn't be anything else. Simply be happy, and don't judge what another person is doing. ^_^

This is what the "one above" understands, they see that there's nothing to get upset about, and the one that truly is in the wrong is the one that gets upset first (no matter what, even if they're technically correct, anger automatically makes you wrong).

That's the whole thing really. See how it's all tied together? ^_^

Last edited:

saaaaaadpanda

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, since no one will ever get this, I'll spell the whole thing out. ^_^

It's mostly about perspective.

2. Experience gives you a different point of view than someone that is less experienced. Both see what they want to see though, so they're both blind. The experienced one is blinded by all that he knows, he has trouble using it or they just can't use it because the way the experience was gained screwed them over (my brother fell prey to that, but he's getting a second chance actually, which is unbelievable). The less experienced are blind by default.

3. Due to experience and what a person has been influenced by, like their parents and social circle, one develops a point of view. On any one topic, many people have different opinions on either side, but there are also many that really don't care at all. There are also those that see both sides and understand that both sides are wrong.

Those people sometimes see what should be done, but often times they realize there isn't a perfect answer because it's not a perfect world. In such a moment, choosing the lesser of two evils is required. Some would also say that maybe it's best to not do anything when in doubt, but one could also say that all it takes for evil to prevail is for the good to do nothing.

4. There are those that have gone through what life has to throw at them, and there are those that have either risen to the challenge, or caved under pressure and settled for less. Those that won in the game, they're guilty of whatever they had to do to get there...and usually it's not good stuff. The ones that failed may have done so because they weren't willing to do those things. Even still there are those that have neither been challenged by life, nor failed at anything. They've simply lived, not accomplishing, nor needing to accomplish.

All of these people, whether they've faced the challenge and prevailed, or crumbled and shattered. Whether they've done anything or not, whether their opinion about something is right or wrong, or if they even have an opinion. No matter what, if these people are content with their lives and they belong, then they're where they should be, and they shouldn't be anything else. Simply be happy, and don't judge what another person is doing. ^_^

This is what the "one above" understands, they see that there's nothing to get upset about, and the one that truly is in the wrong is the one that gets upset first (no matter what, even if they're technically correct, anger automatically makes you wrong).

That's the whole thing really. See how it's all tied together? ^_^
That's nice and all, but you've read far too much personal meaning into some very vague statements. There was virtually no way someone else could get to those interpretations.

Shinobi Train

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's nice and all, but you've read far too much personal meaning into some very vague statements. There was virtually no way someone else could get to those interpretations.
Not true, friend. If you read the OP, you'd already know that this was something I was taught. I've recently learned what it means though. ^_^ I merely wrote it down in a puzzle. If I showed it to my sensei, he'd immediately recognize it, even though it's being said in a way he's never seen before. To those that already understand, this puzzle is excruciatingly simple, and I do mean excruciating in the painful sense, I basically gave it away in the first paragraph (I contemplated leaving it out due to that).

Edit: Sorry, I nearly forgot. ^_^ The answer to the riddle is summed up in one word: understanding. If someone had posted that as the answer, there'd be nothing else necessary, I'd automatically know they got it.

Last edited: