Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean seriously guys, ever since the first chapter dropped I've seen nothing but absolute hatred for this manga. Some people complain about the art style - fine, that's a valid complaint and you're entitled to your opinion. But most people complain about the rehashing of the Boruto Movie - and again while you're entitled to your opinion, for f*cks sake just give it a rest already.

I've been here a long time. I've seen it all when it comes to this community. I remember the backlash for the beginning of the war arc (honestly to my memory there really wasn't that much "backlash" from fans up until that arc). I remember the backlash for Obito's identity. I remember the backlash for just about everything after that point. But this just takes the cake - I have never seen this many whinny, self entitled "fans" complain about something.

Again if it's the art style you have an issue with, I hear you 100%. Im not a huge fan of the art style myself, but I can at least look past that or am at least willing to let the new artist become comfortable in his own art style. Go back and re-read Naruto from chapter 1 and tell me Kishimoto hasn't improved over the years.

Now for about 80% of the complainers who's sole argument is that the manga is rehashing the movie - SO WHAT?! Yes, it sucks that the manga is once a month so its going to be a few more months before we get on with the new story. But I have news for you, not EVERYONE has seen the Boruto movie - for some people this is actually NEW content. I myself was fortunate enough to catch Boruto in theaters here in the states, but I can at least appreciate the manga so far for that sole reason. Boruto the movie hasn't been released on DVD in Japan yet, so it is possible that a large portion of japanese consumers (you know, the people who actually pay for this content *wink wink, nudge nudge*) haven't gotten a chance to view the film and would like to be brought to speed on the events of the film. And that's just Japan, imagine how many people haven't seen Boruto here in the states? Or other countries?

My point here is just lay off the manga. If you're going to read the new material (and lets all just be honest, you know you are regardless of how much you bi*ch and whine right now) then just stfu and wait a few more months. You've waited this long for the manga already, Im sure a few more months won't hurt either. And if you're not going to read the new material, then why are you even annoyed at the manga in the first place?

ChicagoJhawk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly I could care less if people b¥tch about it cuz it doesn't impact how I think of it. I mean I am perfectly ok with people going out of their way to spew their hatred while I sit back and enjoy the manga for what it is. Ignorance is bliss after all

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But why doing a movie recap of the whole movie? They could of done it much better than doing everything movie did.They could of make fans watch the movie first to know what's happening in Boruto manga.It's a win-win situation.People watch the movie and buy manga.Instead we got a movie in manga style with worse art.The new mangaka could have did the simpliest of recaps in the manga.Only the important points everything covered in like 20 pages.It's not worth it waiting a month for a movie recap since the movie itself is out ages ago...

Last edited:
Reactions: Conspirator.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But why doing a movie recap of the whole movie? They could of done it much better than doing everything movie did.They could of make fans watch the movie first to know what's happening in Boruto manga.It's a win-win situation.People watch the movie and buy manga.Instead we got a movie in manga style with worse art.The new mangaka could have did the simpliest of recaps in the manga.Only the important points everything covered in like 20 pages.It's not worth it waiting a month for a movie recap since the movie itself is out ages ago...
See, but if you only pic and choose the highlights of the movie you risk loosing context. The movie was the PERFECT introduction to Boruto as a character, and if a mangeka were to make a Boruto manga - and if he were to rehash the movie to launch the manga (which is what I would do, tbh) then leaving out even one detail from the movie could potentially loose context for future character arcs. There was really only two ways to continue from the Boruto movie: either scrap the manga idea and just continue off the movie with an anime series (like Dragonball Super) - the only issue with that is we'd have to wait like another year and a half at the rate SP is animated the actual Naruto manga.

OR continue the story as a manga - however the only logical way to do so would be to retell the movie in manga form because 1. not doing so would isolate a HUGE percentage of viewers, and 2. the movie was the PERFECT intro to Boruto's character arc that not including that arc would be a crime against the very story trying to be told.

NagazuDead

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the new concept is a pain in the arsle and completely destorys the image of the manga it once had. All the new stuffs like overpowered forces and abilities no one else than the main characters have, it's very different. I personally don't like the whole new concept. Just by looking at how the story of Naruto has developed from Shinobis in a village built by wood and so on, to a whole new levels with exaggerating skyscrapers and futuristic props. It's like removing the orgins and the original fundamentals, just to put up a new whole plot with sorcery and so on. It's just wrong considering it's a story about shinobis. They should hold onto the fundamentals of Naruto, when shinbis did hand signs to perform a jutsu. Not just freaking try to be bleach, fairytale or some other manga.

Naruto was popular because it had a unique concept. The new boruto manga doesn't have its own colours and concepts, therefore we hate it.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the new concept is a pain in the arsle and completely destorys the image of the manga it once had. All the new stuffs like overpowered forces and abilities no one else than the main characters have, it's very different. I personally don't like the whole new concept. Just by looking at how the story of Naruto has developed from Shinobis in a village built by wood and so on, to a whole new levels with exaggerating skyscrapers and futuristic props. It's like removing the orgins and the original fundamentals, just to put up a new whole plot with sorcery and so on. It's just wrong considering it's a story about shinobis. They should hold onto the fundamentals of Naruto, when shinbis did hand signs to perform a jutsu. Not just freaking try to be bleach, fairytale or some other manga.

Naruto was popular because it had a unique concept. The new boruto manga doesn't have its own colours and concepts, therefore we hate it.
Fair enough. I can accept that answer since it actually has merit.

Z 0 M B 1 3

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean seriously guys, ever since the first chapter dropped I've seen nothing but absolute hatred for this manga. Some people complain about the art style - fine, that's a valid complaint and you're entitled to your opinion. But most people complain about the rehashing of the Boruto Movie - and again while you're entitled to your opinion, for f*cks sake just give it a rest already.

I've been here a long time. I've seen it all when it comes to this community. I remember the backlash for the beginning of the war arc (honestly to my memory there really wasn't that much "backlash" from fans up until that arc). I remember the backlash for Obito's identity. I remember the backlash for just about everything after that point. But this just takes the cake - I have never seen this many whinny, self entitled "fans" complain about something.

Again if it's the art style you have an issue with, I hear you 100%. Im not a huge fan of the art style myself, but I can at least look past that or am at least willing to let the new artist become comfortable in his own art style. Go back and re-read Naruto from chapter 1 and tell me Kishimoto hasn't improved over the years.

Now for about 80% of the complainers who's sole argument is that the manga is rehashing the movie - SO WHAT?! Yes, it sucks that the manga is once a month so its going to be a few more months before we get on with the new story. But I have news for you, not EVERYONE has seen the Boruto movie - for some people this is actually NEW content. I myself was fortunate enough to catch Boruto in theaters here in the states, but I can at least appreciate the manga so far for that sole reason. Boruto the movie hasn't been released on DVD in Japan yet, so it is possible that a large portion of japanese consumers (you know, the people who actually pay for this content *wink wink, nudge nudge*) haven't gotten a chance to view the film and would like to be brought to speed on the events of the film. And that's just Japan, imagine how many people haven't seen Boruto here in the states? Or other countries?

My point here is just lay off the manga. If you're going to read the new material (and lets all just be honest, you know you are regardless of how much you bi*ch and whine right now) then just stfu and wait a few more months. You've waited this long for the manga already, Im sure a few more months won't hurt either. And if you're not going to read the new material, then why are you even annoyed at the manga in the first place?
You do have a valid point but it was a terrible idea of repeating what we've seen , especially since it's once a month.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,434💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Then the same people will be crying that movie isn't cannon anymore and that they are just like other comic movies that do not follow comics. There is no pleasing them.

And no not everyone follows the story in all mediums. I have watched barely two Naruto movies and only because I was baby sitting someone who was watching it. I haven't watched last three movies at all nor bothered to check their story. So for me Boruto has completely new content and a few years down the line for people who only read a mangas prefer to have the whole story be in that single medium and self contained story. It's stupid to ask them to watch a movie to get backgrounds.

I understand that some people wanted a new story having watched the movie but there is still other things to check out manga for or simply wait for the manga to reach to next part when the original story starts. Find something else to read or surf youtube or go outside for a change and time pass till then. After all there are mangas or books that take years of breaks in middle of the story. One learns to cope with it.

Last edited:

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Meh. I would have been happy if kishi let story end and this new manga was a stand alone. I can't agree with what's happening or may happen, but whatever. Let this play out.

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then the same people will be crying that movie isn't cannon anymore and that they are just like other comic movies that do not follow comics. There is no pleasing them.

And no not everyone follows the story in all mediums. I have watched barely two Naruto movies and only because I was baby sitting someone who was watching it. I haven't watched last three movies at all nor bothered to check their story. So for me Boruto has completely new content and a few years down the line for people who only read a mangas prefer to have the whole story be in that single medium and self contained story. It's stupid to ask them to watch a movie to get backgrounds.

I understand that some people wanted a new story having watched the movie but there is still other things to check out manga for or simply wait for the manga to reach to next part when the original story starts. Find something else to read or surf youtube or go outside for a change and time pass till then. After all there are mangas or books that take years of breaks in middle of the story. One learns to cope with it.
I mean it's just not worth waiting a month for something you've already seen before...I'm sure at least 75% of the fanbase has seen the movie of Boruto.No wonder people doesn't like new manga since it's just a recap for now with a worse art..

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Op I agree with you, thank you for this post. Obviously there's hate with everything and to some extent it can have merit but this is definitely too much. But at the same time I'm one of those people who thought all the instances you brought up when naruto got hate were too much bc I'm appreciative of everything naruto is and if it has a couple slip ups here and there then I'm not gonna express disgust even if I don't personally like it as much. I'm also one of those people that would never be on this website if it was to hate on Naruto, I would just peace out if I didn't like it. But hey everyone is different and has different ways to express themselves so like someone else said, that's not gonna prevent me from enjoying it (and i believe it doesn't prevent you from enjoying it as well)

Long story short lol, I'm with you and I completely understand.

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't read it and consider everything after 699 utter crap regardless of wether Kishi made it or not, but I agree that the hatred is just lame.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,434💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean it's just not worth waiting a month for something you've already seen before...I'm sure at least 75% of the fanbase has seen the movie of Boruto.No wonder people doesn't like new manga since it's just a recap for now with a worse art..
Someone has to cater to rest of 25% too. :p Besides you mean 75% of the people you know and talk to among the ones who visit the same forums as you. It wasn't officially released here in theaters either. So only those fans would know it, who bothered to find out subs online or were in countries that officially released it. Are the DVDs in English released yet?

Not that I am sure I would have watched it for sure if it did. Movies and animes don't attract me that much and take more time too. Reading manga is time saving and easier for me to read the story. I prefer books over movies in general too.

As for month's waiting- Well if you have no interest in seeing how they depict the story in art, you will simply have to find something else to read for the time being. When they get to new parts, if you are still interested, you can check it out after a few months.

Any of the people who claim to be reading many other mangas than Naruto know how many mangas have been on break for months or years in middle of the story. They wait for it till author comes back. Or the sequel is released after considerable time to begin with. With Naruto they didn't have to face such issues much but even a two week break by the magazine of at the time of death of Kishi's father people didn't stop flaming him for the break. Many were like so what his father died...It's just too selfish. And to think a lot of this crowd doesn't even spends a penny on his manga and still had rudest words for him.

Moreover how many of people most vocal people here realize their trollish spams & flaming anyone enjoying the anime fillers or new manga ruins threads of people who actually enjoy it and want to discuss it? It's not a nice thing when I see people saying that they have better chances of discussing these episodes at tumbler and youtube than a proper forum like NB for it. People really need to behave or as staff we will have to issue section bans for some of the people who have no interest other than bashing the manga and the fans who want to discuss it.

Last edited:

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Someone has to cater to rest of 25% too. :p Besides you mean 75% of the people you know and talk to among the ones who visit the same forums as you. It wasn't officially released here in theaters either. So only those fans would know it who bothered to find out subs online. Are the DVDs in English released yet?

Not that I am sure I would have watched it for sure if it did. Movies and animes don't attract me that much and take more time too. Reading manga is time saving and easier for me to read the story.
We are living in 21st century nearly everyone can go on internet and watch the movie.Not only that.The whole summary of the movie is also out ages ago.The mangaka is just showing his skill in copying stuff from the movie nothing else.

But I do respect your opinion.That's just what I would have done since I have no enjoyment in this as of now.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,434💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We are living in 21st century nearly everyone can go on internet and watch the movie.Not only that.The whole summary of the movie is also out ages ago.The mangaka is just showing his skill in copying stuff from the movie nothing else.

But I do respect your opinion.That's just what I would have done since I have no enjoyment in this as of now.
Why should they be forced to watch the movie or do with summary only, because some of the other people do not want it a manga form? So many games have published a manga after the game and anime was released and got popular. There are other anime that came first and later on a manga was released on it like- Code Geass, Angel Beats!, Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball Super, FLCL, Gundam, Kill la Kill, Mononoke, Samurai 7...

If it didn't work for many of them why would they bother releasing a manga on it?

People who do not like it have a choice. They don't need it for a closer even since the original manga ended. It's a new series and they don't have to invest their time in it at all. Especially if they think it's just showing copy skills of the new mangka and have no enjoyment in it. No one should be forcing anyone to read something they don't like.

Last edited:

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's realistic for fan's to be disappointed that it's only a rehash, but, I think we have to be a bit more lenient with it. In terms of what most Japanese Mangaka do with already made content, is that they like to transfer such content and remake it in a different setting. We see it with Light Novels all the time.

I understand that the Art in terms of character designs is still tricky, and I agree that we should complain when a character looks nothing like they used to (Hinata for example). Still I'm trying to be fair and give the Manga a chance outside of the recap before judging the series as a whole.

For me it looks like they are biding time in order to accomplish something with the flash forward.

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Someone has to cater to rest of 25% too. :p Besides you mean 75% of the people you know and talk to among the ones who visit the same forums as you. It wasn't officially released here in theaters either. So only those fans would know it, who bothered to find out subs online or were in countries that officially released it. Are the DVDs in English released yet?

Not that I am sure I would have watched it for sure if it did. Movies and animes don't attract me that much and take more time too. Reading manga is time saving and easier for me to read the story. I prefer books over movies in general too.

As for month's waiting- Well if you have no interest in seeing how they depict the story in art, you will simply have to find something else to read for the time being. When they get to new parts, if you are still interested, you can check it out after a few months.

Any of the people who claim to be reading many other mangas than Naruto know how many mangas have been on break for months or years in middle of the story. They wait for it till author comes back. Or the sequel is released after considerable time to begin with. With Naruto they didn't have to face such issues much but even a two week break by the magazine of at the time of death of Kishi's father people didn't stop flaming him for the break. Many were like so what his father died...It's just too selfish. And to think a lot of this crowd doesn't even spends a penny on his manga and still had rudest words for him.

Moreover how many of people most vocal people here realize their trollish spams flaming anyone enjoying the anime fillers or new manga ruins threads of people who actually enjoy it and want to discuss it? It's not a nice thing when I see people saying that they have better chances of discussing these episodes at tumbler and you tube than a proper forum like NB for it. People really need to behave or as staff we will have to issue section bans for some of the people who have no interest other than bashing the manga and the fans who want to discuss it.
Very well said