Ken Kaneki

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If Kakashi was the Kage for those five years then why isn't he at the meeting in chapter 700.5? Even Sakura is there.
It is not 700.5. It should have happened before 700.
Like I said transition of responsibilities. Some responsibility(I assume administrative , treaty etc.) here Naruto has to learn, he may assist. In other fields such as security etc. where Naruto is already apt, he may not need supervision. With time, all responsibilities got transferred to Naruto.
Sakura is just yhere beacuse Sasuke is. Assuming they are a a couple, it affects both of them. She is just there so that Kishi can show us Sasuke cares...

Gagster

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is not 700.5. It should have happened before 700.
Like I said transition of responsibilities. Some responsibility(I assume administrative , treaty etc.) here Naruto has to learn, he may assist. In other fields such as security etc. where Naruto is already apt, he may not need supervision. With time, all responsibilities got transferred to Naruto.
Sakura is just yhere beacuse Sasuke is. Assuming they are a a couple, it affects both of them. She is just there so that Kishi can show us Sasuke cares...
Kakashi just started not attending meetings in chapter 700 though.
And That's not a good reason for Sakura being there and not Kakashi, if that was true then Hinata would be there too.

Kαmi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This most likely took some time after The Last would have IMO. Look at Sakura's hand in the panel you provided. In the one with Sasuke, Sakura has her hand lying on her stomach, just as pregnant women do often. At this time, Sarada hasn't been born yet so Sasuke's mission seems to have started prior to her birth. And on the chapter right before, Naruto's mentions Sasuke has been traveling this whole time.

Ken Kaneki

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kakashi just started not attending meetings in chapter 700 though.
Yes and as I said he may have continued to attended meetings with Naruto in areas where Naruto needed help till just before 700. Where he did not need assistance, he may have left it to Naruto much before that. And just before 700 , he could have realised that he doesn't need to assist Naruto in any way now. The meeting in this chapter seems to be a security meeting and Naruto may have been managing that independently for some time. The meeting in 700 may have been administrative or policy meeting, a one in which Kakashi generally assisted Naruto before 700 but not since 700.

And That's not a good reason for Sakura being there and not Kakashi, if that was true then Hinata would be there too.
I never said it was a good reason. It is just fan service and Kishi wants to project Sakura and Saauke as a couple

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Perfect response. I wholeheartedly agree with this. This isn't the first time Kishimoto has stuffed up the Naruto timeline.
I see where you are coming from. It is not Sasuke that screwes up but Kishimoto. We all knew he would need an azzpull to save Sasuke's character and he did provide azzpull but it created plot holes.

Now according to the Last, Naruto was still not Hokage, even when his children were born. This lead people to believe that he just became Hokage near 700. But it is not so. He could have become Hokage any time between ending of the Last and 700. But still he became Hokage after both Boruto and Himawari were at least running around and playing such. So this meeting must have happened after that time, since Naruto is the Hokage here. But since Boruto and Salad are almost the same age, she should at least be 4-6 years when this meeting happened . But Sakura is shown pregnant. Hence the plot hole and the goof up in the timeline. That is what happens with @$$pulls
The only problem I see is the Sakura being pregnant stuff.

To be totally honest, those edited colored pictures of Sakura are totally edited. Not the stomache, but the person who edited it had to draw it. If you actually bring the scan, crop out only Sakura's stance.

She doesn't look pregnant, I assume she also gives the illusion by striking that pose she always does.

Mikasa Hagaromo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Due to the newest chapter people are now saying Sasuke had a good excuse to abandon his family for the past 10 years.

And their using this scan to explain how Sasuke obviously had to avoid all contact with Salad.
You must be registered for see images

But people aren't even acknowledging two things.

1) This scan takes place way after he first left , Salad would be around 9 here, due to Naruto already being Hokage.
and
2) He's already IN the Village, whats stopping him from visiting Salad right there? He doesn't even stop by to tell her goodbye.
Sakura has a baby bump in that top middle panel, so no, Sarada wasn't 9 when this happened.

Kishi created confusion with timeline, as usual. In chapter 700, Kakashi's statement about Naruto doing a good job as hokage so far gives us the sense that he just recently became hokage when Sarada was like 7 years old.

Now in this chapter, this meeting seems to be 7-8 years prior to chapter 700 bc Sakura is pregnant in that panel.

So, what I think happened is Sasuke never settled back in the village. He visited the village sporadically and knocked up Sakura and probably married her then immediately left.

Based on Sakura's inability to answer any basic questions about Sasuke such as whether he wore glasses, it's clear that they never got to settle into married life together.

On his latest journey, he discovered something alarming and told Naruto to call a meeting with the gokage and a pregnant Sakura came along bc she was is one of the neo-sannin and needed to be in the loop on this (kakashi was probably out frolicking with Gai and told them to handle the shit themselves, as he's out of their league at that point.)

Sasuke leaves for the mission and never returns but communicates with Naruto about mission related things. Naruto probably assumed Ssuke was also in touch with his family. That's why he though Sarada would've been able to tell ChouChou about him.

I think Sasuke discovered something that makes him feel like he NEEDS to keep his distance from his family. He has his reasons.

Naruto was Hokage during the meeting, Sasuke mentioned that himself. Naruto just becoming Hokage in 700 is a misconception, he became Hokage before that.

Some people actually think Sakura was pregnant during the meeting, but that can't be possible because Sarada is the same age as Boruto and in The Last we saw a very young Boruto with Naruto before he was Hokage.

So yea, she was probably 3-4 during the meeting.
1- We don't know how many years after the events of the last the scene with the kids is....it could be years after for all we know, so I disagree that it "can't be possible" that Sakura is pregnant during the meeting. I really don't get how ppl could deny that she's pregnant. The baby bump is obvious af.

Last edited: