minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It appears as though he changed his views later on, but Gandhi was at one point a racist man. Also, you keep saying that he can’t be racist because he’s experienced racism as though racism never happens between minorities.
oooooooh i ma revenge on minamoto when he come to Pr sektion im gonna abuze my powerz and revenge...

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Of course, however, looking at history, the word is offensive, no matter how it is pronounce or the meaning you give it.
Incorrect. Slur reclamation is valid. In a time when black people were deprived of all power, they took some of it back, even a little, by reclaiming the word and giving it their own meaning. That’s why only black people should say it; other races should respect that it was a reclaimation of a part of something that deprived them power.

Reactions: JoanaTak

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Incorrect. Slur reclamation is valid. In a time when black people were deprived of all power, they took some of it back, even a little, by reclaiming the word and giving it their own meaning. That’s why only black people should say it; other races should respect that it was a reclaimation of a part of something that deprived them power.

"SlUR REClAMATION IS VAILD"? Please tell me who made that shit up.... Really tho, that's a thing?

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
personally this is what i find stupid about my people still saying this and why i try not to use it. our culture is still recovering from slavery in a lot of ways and thats actually not progressive and keeps reaffirming the box racists use to put us in, its backwards logic. but now we're doing it too each other and making it that only we can do it, its keeping us under that label subconsciously. not only that but it didnt actually take any power away from the original word by changing the letters slightly. its not uplifting, or reclaiming anything. its stupid and should be meaningless

we should just let that go. theres so many slurs racists used, jigaboo, moon cricket, porch monkeys, etc. that we didnt keep alive. and racists still say it with the hard "er" and we still get offended which gives them power, they didnt stop saying it. if it was a word that everyone used to each other in the context that ive seen other minorities use it in. i think thats actually more progressive in pushing that label off of us and creating more equality. its just very ignorant currently and in a lot of ways our culture is still in a slave mentality. because the word only really has power when used in the context is was created in, by the people who created it. using it every sentence doesnt gvie it any meaning other than reaffirming that you understand you are what they called you, its counter productive

almost any older black person, like in their 60's now will tell you, "anyone can be a nigga", because its a mentality of ignorance, they understood this, so they used the words brotha and sista, actual uplifting words. i agree more with that mindset but i also think more minorities being able to say it gives it even less meaning to us, which during the civil rights protests that was how leaders would tell protestors to see the word, as meaningless

Reactions: Urda

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was just wondering can indians or brown people use N word...
I mean if we can..Can we use it even after having a skin tone like this..
You must be registered to see images
If you are calling someone else then it would be racist. Or Do You mean for yourself? Not really. That's trying to be something you are not.

Gandhi was violently racist towards black people.
Violently racist against Black? Gandhi was not that great as he was presented but, saying that he was violently racist against Blacks was exaggeration. If anything he couldn't get over his own slave mentality and spent his whole life appeasing the former colonial and imperialistic powers of Middle Eastern and European origin ( mostly British at the time) that had ruled India up to that point.

Hammock

Veteran
Kin
2,799💸
Kumi
3,417💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We were beaten, racially killed and were slaves in our own country
I know, I'm a brown person too but that's not what the n-word here is about right? we didn't get called that right? sure colonialism has made alot of countries suffer in that way but they also aren't targeted like the African Americans?

on a side note why would you even want to say it?

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We were beaten, racially killed and were slaves in our own country
It's still silly to try to identify yourself with another ethnic group.

Many people miss the fact that a substantial number of people of African origin are living here in India. Some of them retain their ethnic identity and are called Siddies, while others have mixed with locals. Pretty sure you are not going to call yourself a Siddi or Habshi- another Arabic term for people from that region. Then leave the N term alone too.

Reactions: Hammock and Vayne