Breaking news: Hello Kitty is not a cat.

Ōkami

Supreme
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Your childhood has been torn asunder by the Gods that once gifted you. In preparing a Hello Kitty retrospective for the Japanese American National Museum, University of Hawaii Anthropologist Christine R. Yano was given one major correction by Hello Kitty owners Sanrio (via LA Times):

"Hello Kitty is not a cat. She's a cartoon character. She is a little girl. She is a friend. But she is not a cat. She's never depicted on all fours. She walks and sits like a two-legged creature. She does have a pet cat of her own, however, and it's called Charmmy Kitty."
Indeed, after rigorously applying a variation of the "Duck test," it all became clear: she only kind of looks like a cat, she doesn't walk like a cat, and she doesn't talk like a cat (although I can't recall her ever making a noise). She's also, according to Yano, British. Huh.

Fear not, though! We did the research, and Keroppi is still a frog.

I can't even fathom life right now.

Reactions: Retro Chaos

Funky Tiger

Veteran
Kin
41💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Holy shit the Japanese are at it again.. manipulating my entire life like this.. why did you have to reveal the truth Okami, ignorance was bliss ;_______; Pls kill me nao

Ōkami

Supreme
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You have a point good sir, thanks for cheering me up. I shall continue the shagging.
Shag away my friend, shag away.

Holy shit the Japanese are at it again.. manipulating my entire life like this.. why did you have to reveal the truth Okami, ignorance was bliss ;_______; Pls kill me nao
It had to be known!