Boruto Possesses more chakra than Sarada.

shelke

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Didn't Kakashi confirm that Naruto's reserves were larger than both his and Sasuke's?
You must be registered for see images

Databook III:

Senju symbol
Caption: The Senju clan of the Forest

Text: Dreaded as "the thousand-handed clan", they gathered prodigies in all kinds of ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu techniques. The first among them was Senju Hashirama of the Mokuton. In a world of belligerent countries, he's a legendary shinobi who pushed the way to the zenith to extreme heights.

Uchiha symbol
Caption: The Uchiha clan of the Sharingan

Text: Sole opposition to the proudly unrivaled Senju clan, they possessed Sharingan and massive chakra pools. The Mangekyou Sharingan of their chief - Uchiha Madara - would leave shinobi on the battlefield in tremor.
Potency,yes....size,no.
Where does this 'it means potency and not reserves' argument even spring from? Kakashi outright stated that his reserves are large, and the manga makes it a point to reinforce this idea again. Heck, the databook supports it as well.

Last edited:

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Databook III:.
Ah, I was reminded of this for some reason:

Though I stand by with what I said. I think Naruto's reserves were much larger than Sasuke's in Part 1, and he started catching up when Susano'o was a thing. I remember in Part 1 he had a set limit of how many time he could utilize Chidori, and I think the way Naruto was portrayed, was that he could keep going on and on. Though the Kyuubi would factor in that as well.

I mean Naruto's first utilization of the shadow clone jutsu spawned hundreds. I do think that Kishimoto portrayed him as the superior when it comes to pure chakra pool between him and the monster lurking beneath.

shelke

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Though I stand by with what I said. I think Naruto's reserves were much larger than Sasuke's in Part 1, and he started catching up when Susano'o was a thing. I remember in Part 1 he had a set limit of how many time he could utilize Chidori, and I think the way Naruto was portrayed, was that he could keep going on and on. Though the Kyuubi would factor in that as well.

I mean Naruto's first utilization of the shadow clone jutsu spawned hundreds. I do think that Kishimoto portrayed him as the superior when it comes to pure chakra pool between him and the monster lurking beneath.
He's talking about Kurama here. He isn't even talking about Chakra here, though.

SC don't rely on chakra alone--it relies on proficiency and the ability to maintain the clones. Keep that in mind that the seal was naturally designed to leak a bit of Kurama's chakra into Naruto's body. Furthermore, a tiny bit of chakra would remain in those clones, which would make remote-control easier as it's very easy for Kurama's chakra to resonate with its own:

So, you cannot take Kurama out of the equation here, because as soon as it was sealed by Orochimaru, Naruto couldn't make mass clones anymore. This is also compounded by the fact that Hashirama, whose reserves are more than BM Naruto's, can't make mass clones, either. Which brings me back to the 'remote-control' argument Tobirama presented. As if chakra-volume was the sole reason for mass clones, then Raikages and Hashirama have less reserves than Naruto, which would make no sense.

That Chidori argument has merit, but you have to remember that Sasuke just learnt the technique. CC takes time. In part II, he fought Deidara and Itachi on the same day with very little time to heal in-between. Karin also never noted Naruto to have large reserves, but she immediately pointed out MS' Sasuke's large ones:

So, large is a relative term.

Last edited:

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He's talking about Kurama here. He isn't even talking about Chakra here, though.

SC don't rely on chakra alone--it relies on proficiency and the ability to maintain the clones. Keep that in mind that the seal was naturally designed to leak a bit of Kurama's chakra into Naruto's body. Furthermore, a tiny bit of chakra would remain in those clones, which would make remote-control easier as it's very easy for Kurama's chakra to resonate with its own:
In the scan about potential? I'm not really sure if he specified but that's not really an issue for me. I'm going to hold on the point of the seal being a mixture of Naruto and Kurama's chakra because that's a stable for my argument in regards to Naruto's base pool being larger than the average.

So, you cannot take Kurama out of the equation here, because as soon as it was sealed by Orochimaru, Naruto couldn't make mass clones anymore. This is also compounded by the fact that Hashirama, whose reserves are more than BM Naruto's, can't make mass clones, either. Which brings me back to the 'remote-control' argument Tobirama presented. As if chakra-volume was the sole reason for mass clones, then Raikages and Hashirama have less reserves than Naruto, which would make no sense.
I didn't really take Kurama out of the equation because I knew Naruto's base reserves weren't just his own. Even with Orochimaru sealing Naruto, it didn't really factor in his own reserve. He couldn't even precisely utilize his chakra correctly, as evident when he tried controlling his now capped reserves to make use of the walking on water technique. It was more of a hindrance than a gift at that point. I'm not sure if we could use his shadow clone usage at that point in time as proof that his reserves weren't high.

That Chidori argument has merit, but you have to remember that Sasuke just learnt the technique. CC takes time. In part II, he fought Deidara and Itachi on the same day with very little time to heal in-between. Karin also never noted Naruto to have large reserves, but she immediately pointed out MS' Sasuke's large ones:

So, large is a relative term.
True.

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
>official Boruto DB says Sarada has more chakra than Boruto
>creates a thread saying Boruto has more chakra than Sarada

Sometimes the retardation @ NDS is real.

shelke

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In the scan about potential? I'm not really sure if he specified but that's not really an issue for me. I'm going to hold on the point of the seal being a mixture of Naruto and Kurama's chakra because that's a stable for my argument in regards to Naruto's base pool being larger than the average.

I didn't really take Kurama out of the equation because I knew Naruto's base reserves weren't just his own. Even with Orochimaru sealing Naruto, it didn't really factor in his own reserve. He couldn't even precisely utilize his chakra correctly, as evident when he tried controlling his now capped reserves to make use of the walking on water technique. It was more of a hindrance than a gift at that point. I'm not sure if we could use his shadow clone usage at that point in time as proof that his reserves weren't high.
I never claimed Naruto's base reserves aren't large; I simply don't agree with them being larger than Sasuke's. Heck, Sasuke's could very well be larger if Kurama is taken out of the equation given that he matched KCM Naruto's chakra-output with his small Enton arrow :kd: :

Eh, he was using his chakra just fine in the forest: created clones as well. Walking on water required more training, which is why he couldn't at first.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I never claimed Naruto's base reserves aren't large; I simply don't agree with them being larger than Sasuke's. Heck, Sasuke's could very well be larger if Kurama is taken out of the equation given that he matched KCM Naruto's chakra-output with his small Enton arrow :kd: :

I know, but I think that Kishimoto paralleled it in a way where Sasuke's true reserves kept increasing with his Sharingan progress. And pool wise, Naruto started off ahead of his peers in that regards because of the seal. So I think that's why he had the edge until Shippuden.

Eh, he was using his chakra just fine in the forest: created clones as well. Walking on water required more training, which is why he couldn't at first.
Under restraint. It makes Naruto's usage of chakra post-Orochimaru seal somewhat impressive given his restrictions.

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Andy Nakatani, Editor-in-Chief of the official English WSJ, discussed his trip to Japan for Jump Festa and the short interview he had with Kishimoto. Bullet points:
  • Confirmation that his next series will be sci-fi.
  • Kishimoto said that Boruto will be a legitimate, canon part of the Naruto universe.
    [*]As such, Kishimoto is really going to supervise it. "Like, super-supervise it."
    [*]Kishimoto considers the Boruto serial to be just as important as the new manga he's working on, so in his mind he's giving them both equal attention.

BlazeRelease

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She's inexperienced I using the Jutsus she's learned.

Of course that means she wastes lots of extra chakra doing so, until she masters them.

Remember naruto couldn't even make a single clone at first cause he sucked, but he figured it out and made a thousand.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah Sarada >> Boruto in chakra reserve's. Boruto's chakra isn't anything special due to 1 he's not a reincarnation and 2 he have no bijuu like Naruto. 3 Uzumaki don't have large reserves either.

Hagoromo sennin

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah Sarada >> Boruto in chakra reserve's. Boruto's chakra isn't anything special due to 1 he's not a reincarnation and 2 he have no bijuu like Naruto. 3 Uzumaki don't have large reserves either.
What i have learnt so far is says otherwise.
The amount of clones he spams,yet still gets enough chakra to perform other jutsu is astonishing.so am yet to Believe your statement mate.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

He does but the kyubi is at its root. The 4th Hokage's seal was set up to allow lfor the chakra to mix in.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know Kakashi always gets gassed bit he's not an Uchiha. Whereas Uchiha recover quickly from its drain(within a day) he takes several days to a week.
Kakashi was strained simply from over using it(and obviously not being an uchiha) it's never been taxing on an uchiha unless they where using ms. It drains takes chakra to use but I think on an uchiha the drain is minimal

Last edited:

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Anime is just inconsistent. Sarada didn't even have trouble using the Sharingan in the Manga, and now apparently she awakened it when she was like 6? lol nice joke
It was never said in the manga that sarada's sharingan awakening in the naruto gaiden manga was the first time... So there's no joke

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kakashi was strained simply from over using it(and obviously not being an uchiha) it's never been taxing on an uchiha unless they where using ms. It drains takes chakra to use but I think on an uchiha the drain is minimal
My personal belief is because the uchiha produce the yin energy or have the necessary high levels of yin chakra to fuel it. But even the Uchiha are forced to turn it off at times because of the drain.