Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Vessel"

Boruto Manga Chapter 16 Discussion and 17 Predictions

Discuss Boruto Manga 16 here and predict the next chapter, Boruto Manga 17

Please remember to rate this Month's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited:

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Solid chapter, but is the definitive example of what a monthly manga looks like compared to a weekly chapter because honestly not a lot happened here despite there being twice the pages of a weekly chapter. Essentially we got the same amount of plot progression that we would have in a 15 page chapter of Naruto, but stretched across 45 pages rather than double the plot progression. Really wish this manga continued the weekly installment history as going forward I can see reader engagement/retention between chapters becoming an issue.

Reactions: Rohan

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good chapter, Kara picking things up...... hope we get a solid little fight between Kono and Kara, and some good feats.

Liked Boruto and Nardo training

crashbash4e

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Finally this topic showed and since i already readed days ago boruto chapter it was awesome finally something interesting showing like new akatsuki which is called Kara hope things will get more interesting since things are getting much serius

AllKnowingShinobi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Solid chapter, but is the definitive example of what a monthly manga looks like compared to a weekly chapter because honestly not a lot happened here despite there being twice the pages of a weekly chapter. Essentially we got the same amount of plot progression that we would have in a 15 page chapter of Naruto, but stretched across 45 pages rather than double the plot progression. Really wish this manga continued the weekly installment history as going forward I can see reader engagement/retention between chapters becoming an issue.
i agreed 100

ichirou

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess the author does'nt want to commit full time on this manga since he is still new and it is not his (the art) that is why its been made into a monthly manga giving him free time and to slack off.

NextGenNinja

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Really? Because this chapter seemed like a step up in terms of pacing, at least compared to previous chapters.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Really? Because this chapter seemed like a step up in terms of pacing, at least compared to previous chapters.
I admit my statement is completely subjective, but if you listed the major events/things that progressed the arc it would look like this:
  • Kara states they lost the "vessel"
  • Old dude gets barbecued
  • Naruto reveals his new ninja tool hand
  • Konohamaru finds the "vessel"
The pacing itself was fine, as I said I thought this was a solid chapter through and through, but I'm more so talking about progression rather than pacing. 4 major events within 45 pages seems a few too low for me when the wait is 4 weeks per chapter. By comparison, Naruto was weekly and had roughly 15 pages per chapter, yet 1 major event was the bare minimum for each chapter but the wait was significantly shorter. It may seem logical at first that if the weekly chapters had 1 major event then a monthly chapter having 4 seems fine, but at the end of the day you are still waiting 4 weeks per chapter and when the wait is that long it can begin to feel like the story is progressing at a snails pace.

To put it in context, the first dozen pages or so of this chapter is Kara essentially having small talk among themselves. The only thing of relevance that we learn is the fact they lost their "vessel", everything else is either too cryptic or essentially nonsense. Likewise, the chapter also spends roughly a dozen pages or so to show us Naruto and Boruto fight. I'm not going to say I want the fights to be shorter or anything, but if the whole point of that fight was simply to show us Naruto's new hand I think there could have been other more efficient ways to show us that.

NextGenNinja

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I admit my statement is completely subjective, but if you listed the major events/things that progressed the arc it would look like this:
  • Kara states they lost the "vessel"
  • Old dude gets barbecued
  • Naruto reveals his new ninja tool hand
  • Konohamaru finds the "vessel"
The pacing itself was fine, as I said I thought this was a solid chapter through and through, but I'm more so talking about progression rather than pacing. 4 major events within 45 pages seems a few too low for me when the wait is 4 weeks per chapter. By comparison, Naruto was weekly and had roughly 15 pages per chapter, yet 1 major event was the bare minimum for each chapter but the wait was significantly shorter. It may seem logical at first that if the weekly chapters had 1 major event then a monthly chapter having 4 seems fine, but at the end of the day you are still waiting 4 weeks per chapter and when the wait is that long it can begin to feel like the story is progressing at a snails pace.

To put it in context, the first dozen pages or so of this chapter is Kara essentially having small talk among themselves. The only thing of relevance that we learn is the fact they lost their "vessel", everything else is either too cryptic or essentially nonsense. Likewise, the chapter also spends roughly a dozen pages or so to show us Naruto and Boruto fight. I'm not going to say I want the fights to be shorter or anything, but if the whole point of that fight was simply to show us Naruto's new hand I think there could have been other more efficient ways to show us that.
Then how much "major events" should happen? I don't read monthly manga so idk how this manga compares to others in terms of plot progression or whatever you're saying. Anyways, it'd be a real hassle for the boruto manga team to switch to weekly, at least for ikemoto since he said it takes him 20 something days to draw out the pages, drawing and coloring the cover takes about a week or less. There's probably other things he said, but that's the gist of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.