Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

Putting the whole "Color Scheme" Aside, atleast when it comes to the concept design, it closely resembles to the byakugan in the incomplete circle where the pupil would be. Boruto Dojutsu definitely holds more relation with the byakugan than anything as new ordinary dojutsu . Though this might be a variant of the byakugan it isn't "The" byakugan. From what we know they share one trait and look similar.

One thing that sticks out about his eye is that it has a darkened sclera. Why is this?

We know in the upcoming episode, Boruto will have a dream of someone who was described as a person with

" an intriguing robe, with beautiful white hair and pale white skin"

It is 99% confirm that the person is an Ootsutski showing Boruto the eyes power. IRONICALLY Momoshiki in the movie version looked very similar to the one Boruto has.

Even if it was just purely coincidence and that the Movie version was suppose to be initially the final closure of Naruto, Boruto black sclera definitely have connection with the Momoshiki i especially the way he was portrayed differently in the manga when he strictly brought up the "blood of the byakugan" and how he sees Boruto as a curse that will bite down his path.

Perhaps his black sclera ,may also ties in with the CurseMark user and that orochimaru is the cause of this demonic chakra that keeps possessing people in boruto. This really explains why mitsuki is interested about borutos eye and possible relaying the info back to orochimaru. Keep in mind, Mitsuki may also be Ootsutski related when he can senses dark spirit chakra the same way Boruto can see.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It doesn't look like a Byakugan to me. Un-colored version on a black and white manga doesn't do it justice though.

The defining trait of the veins I think is the key tbh. If I had to compare it color scheme wise, I would go with a Tenseigan, but that's a stretch too. Lol

Reactions: Yahcob13

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Damn I will be disappointed if that thing turns out to be a Byakuga. Like, come on, they can't give that crap to the protagonist, he deserves better.

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
so youre saying its a otsutsuki byakugan
Well yeah, his dojutsu has connection with the ootsutski from the dream but I believe his byakugan is inverse.

It doesn't look like a Byakugan to me. Un-colored version on a black and white manga doesn't do it justice though.

The defining trait of the veins I think is the key tbh. If I had to compare it color scheme wise, I would go with a Tenseigan, but that's a stretch too. Lol
There was no veins when Momoshiki transformed into second state in both manga and Anime while he had his byakugan active. Even when Boruto eyes look like tenseigan color scheme wise, the design hold more weight since momoshiki had his byakugan golden instead of leaving white blank. I believe it's more like the variation of the byakugan.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well yeah, his dojutsu has connection with the ootsutski from the dream but I believe his byakugan is inverse.

There was no veins when Momoshiki transformed into second state in both manga and Anime while he had his byakugan active. Even when Boruto eyes look like tenseigan color scheme wise, the design hold more weight since momoshiki had his byakugan golden instead of leaving white blank. I believe it's more like the variation of the byakugan.
Momoshiki never activated his Byakugan when he transformed. That's just his regular eyes post transformation.

Anyway based on what Boruto's Dojutsu has shown capable of doing, and not capable of doing --- yet. They made it clear that it's supposed to be a new eye, related to the Hyuuga lineage, but a new Dojutsu.

That's why the next few episodes clear that what Boruto has is not a Byakugan, because they tested him and he failed.

The whole last few episodes deal with Boruto accepting he doesn't have a Byakugan, and he might also think he doesn't have a Dojutsu either. Aka boy who cried Dojutsu (boy who cried wolf lol).

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Momoshiki never activated his Byakugan when he transformed. That's just his regular eyes post transformation.

Anyway based on what Boruto's Dojutsu has shown capable of doing, and not capable of doing --- yet. They made it clear that it's supposed to be a new eye, related to the Hyuuga lineage, but a new Dojutsu.

That's why the next few episodes clear that what Boruto has is not a Byakugan, because they tested him and he failed.

The whole last few episodes deal with Boruto accepting he doesn't have a Byakugan, and he might also think he doesn't have a Dojutsu either. Aka boy who cried Dojutsu (boy who cried wolf lol).

Maybe Boruto can't activate his special eyes because there was no dark chakra lurking around the Main House hold for him to prove it since he doesn't have much knowledge of his eye . This probably explain why he failed because he has no idea how to control it. The question is I dunno what way the hyuga gonna test him but if Boruto activated his eyes to show them, then perhaps the hyuga will get the idea what that eye was and definitely knows that it's not the byakugan. It can go either way.

Reactions: Yahcob13

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe Boruto can't activate his special eyes because there was no dark chakra lurking around the Main House hold for him to prove it since he doesn't have much knowledge of his eye . This probably explain why he failed because he has no idea how to control it. The question is I dunno what way the hyuga gonna test him but if Boruto activated his eyes to show them, then perhaps the hyuga will get the idea what that eye was and definitely knows that it's not the byakugan. It can go either way.
The test will probably be putting Boruto under some type of stress. That's the only logical conclusion, which is the fight between Hanabi, he will be put under physical and mental torture (not extreme levels, like omg wtf is this, but more like enough to cause him to be scared/worried). Even Himawari activated her Byakugan by getting mad at her toy breaking, so this should be nothing of the sort for Boruto if he had it, but, he failed. Why? Because his Dojutsu activation isn't normal. Or, it has another requirement.

Future Boruto can activate his Dojutsu with a seal, but current Boruto (and Manga Bolt) have yet to master this.

NextGenNinja

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It being a byakugan variant makes sense, but i doubt it has connection to cm. Speaking of the black sclera, i remember someone made a theory that it's connected to edo tensei or something like that.

Last edited:

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I too have thought the eye will vary in the manga and anime.

In the manga, the color of Bolt's eye is unknown but we know its a LIGHT color w/ white scelera. The color of Momo's eye is yellow, a LIGHT color, w/ white scelera.

In the anime Bolt's eye is pale blue with a black sclera while Momo's is pale purple with black scelera.

It's a simple design vhange i think, but its stil showing is a different eye

Shruikan

Legendary
Kin
12💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What's actually funny is that they removed all Byakugan features which had me disliking Byakugan. They removed the vampire look, the veins and Bolt doesn't even use its techs. They had to remake the whole eye to make it likable lmao