[Discussion] Boruto and his taijutsu (minor spoilers)

ichirou

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If u have seen the latest movie of Naruto or should i say Boruto (since it has been released a while ago) we see Boruto performing some normal ninja level taijutsu. I mean if Naruto was pretty busy then it would be logical for Hinata to train their son and daughter in the art of the Hyuga clan since she, Hinata, is the next heiress of the clan and her offspring being the next in line.

Boruto was meant to be a prodigy but all i see is a weaker version of part 1 Naruto, I mean he literally hasnt shown any technique without the help of that thing which is pretty disappointing. I just got this realization and want to vent out and ask people....what are your thoughts?

P.S. I wish some other writer would take up this manga and begin a series on boruto.

Mikeuhsomething36

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hinata isn't the next in line, her father denounced that in part 1 and gave that glory to Hanabi:lmao:. Also Boruto doesn't live in the same tine as his dad did so training may not be as pushed forth as ideally thought. Hinata can't teach boruto because he doesn't have a byakugan so he can't use gentle fist. While Boruto may seem weaker than part one naruto it should be noted that kurana vastly contributed to naruto's chakra reserves and helped him out in more ways that a thousand. Boruto has no such thing but even without a taiked beast I'd say he's okay nothing amszing but he's good. The trye prodigy though is Himnawari The Savage if anything:lmao:.

Troyg39

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Boruto was meant to be a prodigy but all i see is a weaker version of part 1 Naruto, I mean he literally hasnt shown any technique without the help of that thing which is pretty disappointing. I just got this realization and want to vent out and ask people....what are your thoughts?
I think it was shown that way on purpose. He was definitely stronger. His taijutsu is a semi-gentle fist style with open palm strikes, and he already has lightning water and wind natures. But I think the movie made him appear weaker than Naruto was because of the "teamwork and perseverance" theme, which was basically Boruto needing to learn the "cooporation and hardwork" theme like Naruto from the manga.

That's also why Sasuke ended up being his sensei. Sasuke was the elite ninja of his day too, but he trained like an animal, and he had to learn learn how to get away from the "lone wolf" thing and understand cooporation (teamwork), too. When you think about it Boruto was like a little Sasuke. Sasuke always wanted to train with Itachi but he was always too busy. But he knew how strong his brother was so it sparked his work ethic through desire to be like him. Boruto had a similar thing with Naruto, but the movie showed that he didn't really have an understanding of who his dad was or his "power", so he didn't have that motivation to train for acknowledgement like Sasuke did as a kid. So Sasuke was the perfect person to teach Boruto for more reasons than one.

Boruto wasn't really "weak" in the manga to me per se, he just lacked the basic instincts (the chuunin exams was a good example of what I mean) and mentality (teamwork and perseverance) to really make him an elite like Naruto and Sasuke and not just an elite ninja on paper. But they did nerf Boruto's "elite" traits a bit in order to get the main point across. Honestly though they had more of a balance in this movie than they did in the manga with that. We went through most of the chapter with the "Naruto is the underdog" theme only to find out he comes from one of the most popular hokages and a special clan from his mom's side, was a child of prophecy and an ancestral trans-migrant son of the God of the whole damn manga smh

Amazeballs

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As others have pointed out, Boruto has mastered multiple elemental releases. However, Boruto also has created a unique Rasengan, which is pretty impressive. He instinctively adds Wind Element to it in a way that allows it to be thrown and causes it to turn invisible. That's a pretty damn powerful technique for a kid his age! He's also pretty good at Shuriken jutsu; he may have cheated in the exams, but he's shown promise while training with Sasuke.

Boruto DID learn the Rasengan fairly quickly, too. If his was a little small, that could be because he lacks some of his father's chakra reserves (Boruto is only 1/4 Uzumaki, has no Kurama, and isn't a transmigrant).

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
> Four Shadow Clones
> Completes his Normal Rasengan by the end of the Movie (full sized)
> Adds Nature chakra to his Rasengan which creates the 'Vanishing' version
> Sasuke teaches him advanced Shuriken Jutsu
> Already knows how to utilize Wind, Raiton, and Suiton.
> Has semi-mastery over Gentle Fist style Taijutsu without having the Byakugan.

The kid is hack man. Power wise, Naruto is a Jinchuriki.... but anyone with eyes can tell Bolt is more diverse than Naruto ever was at his age.

itachithelord

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If u have seen the latest movie of Naruto or should i say Boruto (since it has been released a while ago) we see Boruto performing some normal ninja level taijutsu. I mean if Naruto was pretty busy then it would be logical for Hinata to train their son and daughter in the art of the Hyuga clan since she, Hinata, is the next heiress of the clan and her offspring being the next in line.

P.S. I wish some other writer would take up this manga and begin a series on boruto.
He managed to create a invisible rasengan that can be thrown .. Now for me thats a very huge accomplishment for a kid at boruto . Even nonthrowing rasengan was a great deal at naruto's time

CreativeSeun

Kin
14💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hello everyone, we should know that according to facts Kishimoto intended to give Boruto and Himawari Byakugan, as it was seen in Tue first boruto movie were himawari was angry and her eyes turned white knocking out her father Naruto, Kishi say they will later unlock it

with all things said, to me Boruto is a kuramaless and jirayaless Naruto

and in part 1 Naruto focused on his strength at first, it was kurama that was revealing himself to Naruto and when Naruto felt his power he focused more on kurama's strength and less on his own till Yamato told him what if he didn't have Kurama, he should rely on his own strength

if Naruto doesn't have kurama, there is Sage Mode and can discover more of his powers