Legendary
Kin
84💸
Kumi
20,716💴
Awards
Thread starter #1
Bone Fields

The Bone Fields is considered one of the more grim and solemn areas of the Great Wind Desert; the site of a battle, long forgotten by time. The sands here are littered with countless skeletons, half-buried, but never covered entirely by the dunes. Storms shift the sands, covering and uncovering the bones in random cycles, while also polishing them to take on an almost shining glow in the sunlight.

Gutsy

Legendary
Kin
2,206💸
Kumi
24,009💴
Resetting here with Jiraiya: https://animebase.me/threads/jiraiya-the-villages-madness.766905/#post-21895316

The infamous white-haired man, wearing the colors of Mount Myoboku, formerly known for the novels of Icha Icha, had become lost with the sands of time. His whereabouts lost to memory and his legacy having been washed away. He was traversing like a nomad through the desert, his face rough and sand covered his cloak [Cloak of Sigurd]. It would seem as if he was moving around aimlessly between the shifting sand dunes and the shining bones protruding like spikes and revealing the horrifying past. Though he was accompanied by two shadows sitting upon his shoulders, their silence unusual and their gritty faces hidden beneath their hoods, protecting them from the beaming sun [Hope & Will]. Another, larger figure was jumping along behind him through the hot dry wind, one that covered its head with a straw hat and his blood red armor hidden away from the sunlight by white drapes [Gamamusha]. A large canister on its back, with the symbol for water upon it, as well as two bags lying across his back, their supplies for their journey. The white-haired man, covered his face with a piece of cloth while supporting his body with a wooden staff, allowing him for better balance as he moved through the treacherous landscape [Greatstaff of the Guardian]. The traveling nomad had moved across the desert for what had seemed like a lifetime to them, and neither of the shadows following him knew exactly what his aim was, but he had told them he was searching for answers and for inspiration. It was at a time where they were at the summit of a sizable sand dune that he decided that it had become time to rest. The sun was lower and could be seen nearing the horizon, which is why they were in the shadow of the sand dune. Taking the white drapes from the large shadow and placing the wooden staff into the sand dune he was able to create a small tent, while creating a small bonfire a few meters away from it, where they would sit and rest for the time being.

Kin
2,891💸
Kumi
14,800💴
[Coming from here]

Flying atop his Sentient caramel dragon, Sin looks out over the barren terrain as he can see various convoys or groups looking to trade in these parts, but one in particular stood out that caught sin's attention. As he looked down, the older man with the white hair really stood out. The dragon landed nearby and Sin jumped off and walked towards him.

"Well i'll be dammed, if it isn't the hermit himself.... what brings you all the way out here? Come to join the Air nation?"

[Inviting gutsy to Air Nation clan]

Kin
262💸
Kumi
501💴
This post serves as an introduction to Azuma as a character.
Mission Starting In This Post With Element:
(4) - Steal A Large Or Valuable Asset

The mission had gone swimmingly up until about five minutes ago. A few days ago, while he was wandering through a town on the outskirts of the Great Wind Desert Azuma had been contracted local noble to fetch what he had described as a "family heirloom" from a hidden vault in the nearby Bone Fields. In particular, the noble had mentioned a very large, finely cut diamond. Why the man had hidden his vault in the desert was beyond him, but alas, it was money, and seeing as he was a long way from anywhere he could call "home" it was certainly worth the time. He had figured the reason the noble needed a ninja to fetch the item for him was because the conditions of the "Bone Fields" as they were called were notoriously deadly.

Eh, it was just a bit of heat. That was nothing too crazy where he came from.

Regardless, even then he had thought the mission to be a tad over-ranked. An A-Rank? To grab an item? Nonsense. There wasn't even a risk of conflict, much less any sort of difficult by the sounds of things. The noble had even promised him that he'd deliver the key to the vault via hawk. This sounded easy, to say the least.

It was only upon receiving a messenger hawk which carried two scrolls a few hours into his journey that he realized something was up. It had read:

Dear A,

While I said I would send you the key to the "area", I appear to have lost it. You may have to enter the "area" through brute force. I'm sure you should be fine; who knows, maybe you don't need a key. The second scroll the hawk carries can be used to seal an item, by the way. Interesting, all of this sealing stuff, don't you think? Apologies for the earlier confusion; I hope this does not impede our working relationship in the future. After all, we are friends, right?

PS: The hawk will follow you. It will return to me when it needs to.
PSS: The hawk knows what you're looking for.
PSSS: I doubt there will be anybody else watching the "area" but you should know that there are others who claim they own said "area".

-Your employer

Ah. So it was THAT kind of "fetching". Well, it'd been a while since he'd stolen anything. Upon reading the message, he'd let out a sigh and tossed the scroll to the side. As he'd anticipated, the hawk had flown up and begun circling him. He would be here for a little longer than expected, then; well. That was alright, he'd be fine either way. Yes, this was fine. He could use some practice breaking and entering, with it being such a common request.

Despite this, a problem had arisen.

These are the coordinates, so where the hell is the vault?!?

Azuma was, admittedly, completely stumped at the moment. He was standing in the middle of the desert atop a small sand dune, surrounded by a few larger dunes and pillars of rocks that had formed over the years. If he squinted, he might have been able to spot a bug or two crawling on one of the rocks, but beyond that, there was nothing indicating any sort of life around here, and CERTAINLY nothing to indicate the presence of a vault.

The sand was up to his ankles, his feet were chafing against the backs of his shoes, and the sun was pounding on his exposed neck. Regardless of his time spent living in the heat, this was miserable. Thus, trudging through the sand, Azuma found his way into a spot of shade underneath one of the rocky pillars so that he could think unimpeded. Reaching into his bag, he pulled out an apple, taking a bite as he analyzed the situation.

Ugh, this is absurd. Leave it to the guy who tells you he OWNS something that you're about to steal to screw you over.

He glanced around, resting his head on the rocks behind him and sighing. Finishing off the apple, he tossed the core to the side while he reached into his bag to grab a water bottle. Water sounded great right now.

Well, food and water aren't a problem, but I really do need to find this damn diamond. Did he give me the wrong coordinates?

He thought back to the message he'd received earlier in the day, thinking out loud.

"Area... no key... sealing... hawk... the hawk knows what you're looking for. What does that mean?"

He glanced upwards to see the hawk, stalwart as ever in flying circles around him.

No, wait.

He was flying circles around the small sand dune, if Azuma's eyes didn't deceive him.

Well, only one way to check. Standing up and breathing in, Azuma began to mold chakra in his belly, applying the fire nature transformation while he did so. He then exhaled while looking straight up, releasing a bright, relatively small ball of flames up into the sky. Following this, he observed the ball's trajectory.

Yep. It was a few meters to the right of the hawk; not even within its circle. The hawk was definitely circling over the sand dude. It briefly occurred to

Ah. That made sense. The noble had mentioned something about the vault being hidden, hadn't he.

Well, I guess I need to listen more carefully next time. But for now...

He needed to be careful. He didn't quite know what the vault looked like, and he doubted it could withstand a full strength fire jutsu. Thus, he'd need to do something less directly damaging. Thinking quickly, Azuma figured out a solution quite handily. He had access to an element that worked well in this situation. Considering his options wisely, he came to a decision.

Azuma drew his katana from his sheathe and began to focus a large amount of Futon chakra into the blade. Surely this would do the trick.

"Futon: Senmōfū!"

Swinging his blade horizontally, Azuma felt a large mass of chakra leave his blade and erupt outwards in the form of an immense gust of wind. The dune was small; the gust was... perhaps a bit too large. Almost instantaneously, the wind picked up the sand that made up the dune and began to toss it around like it was paper. Even some of the surrounding sand was picked up. It was in this moment that Azuma was glad he hadn't used a tornado or whirlwind technique and had instead used something that only threw things in one direction.

After the gust cleared, all that remained of the sand dune was a few spread out mounds of sand. The rest had all been scattered to the winds, no pun intended. And as expected, sitting there was a three foot by three foot cube of what looked to be some sort of grey, hard, clear rock-like material. Upon further inspection, encased in the center of this rock was what appeared to be a very, very large diamond.

Yep, looks about right. Now... how do I go about breaking it?

Azuma tapped the hilt of his sword against the cube a few times. Nope. Nothing. Ah. Well, shit. That didn't look too good. He wasn't sure he had anything in his arsenal that could break this open without destroying the diamond. This was quite a problem.

Fuck, what do I do now? ...Learn Doton, I guess?

It was at that moment that Azuma heard the distinct caw of the hawk that had remained in the sky all of this time. A few seconds later, the bird pulled in and landed on his shoulder, dropping the second scroll it had carried onto the ground at his feet. Upon bending down and picking it up, Azuma unravelled it. It had several markings written across its insides, all of which Azuma recognized as some form of Fuuinjutsu. He personally didn't know Fuuinjutsu so it was all gibberish to him, but he understood the jist of what the noble wanted him to do.

He reached down to pick up the cube. It was quite light, surprisingly. He then laid out the scroll and placed the cube in the center of it, before making the tiger handseal, as indicated by the only imagery on the seal that he understood. And thus, with a poof of smoke, the cube had vanished. After rolling up the scroll, Azuma placed it within the hawk's talons, but not before taking out a pen and writing a message of his own.

Now, where do I go from here?

A day later, the noble's messenger room received the scroll; as such, they sent out the payment with another messenger hawk. However, upon further inspection, those who worked in the messenger room discovered something odd about what they had received. Delivering it to the noble was a simple task for the assistant assigned to the duty; after all everything the man had asked for was there. It was only after opening the much smaller, non-sealing scroll attached to the first that things became interesting.

Dearest Employer,

Next time you hire somebody, please inform them what it is that they are actually doing. Attempting to complete a job without a clue as to what that job is tends to be quite difficult. Furthermore, you should know that stealing is illegal in Wind Country. It would a great shame if the nature of your most recent actions came to the attention of the Daimyō, would it not? Of course, this would be easily preventable if you could do me the slightest of favors in providing me a room to sleep in when I am passing through town. After all, we are friends, right?

-Your Employee

It would oh so nice to have a place to sleep next time he was in that town. As the hawk flew off, Azuma chuckled lightly and began to walk in the direction opposite from where he had came. Surely he'd run into somebody.

Last edited:

Gutsy

Legendary
Kin
2,206💸
Kumi
24,009💴
This post serves as an introduction to Azuma as a character.
(4) - Steal A Large Or Valuable Asset

The mission had gone swimmingly up until about five minutes ago. A few days ago, while he was wandering through a town on the outskirts of the Great Wind Desert Azuma had been contracted local noble to fetch what he had described as a "family heirloom" from a hidden vault in the nearby Bone Fields. In particular, the noble had mentioned a very large, finely cut diamond. Why the man had hidden his vault in the desert was beyond him, but alas, it was money, and seeing as he was a long way from anywhere he could call "home" it was certainly worth the time. He had figured the reason the noble needed a ninja to fetch the item for him was because the conditions of the "Bone Fields" as they were called were notoriously deadly.

Eh, it was just a bit of heat. That was nothing too crazy where he came from.

Regardless, even then he had thought the mission to be a tad over-ranked. An A-Rank? To grab an item? Nonsense. There wasn't even a risk of conflict, much less any sort of difficult by the sounds of things. The noble had even promised him that he'd deliver the key to the vault via hawk. This sounded easy, to say the least.

It was only upon receiving a messenger hawk which carried two scrolls a few hours into his journey that he realized something was up. It had read:

Dear A,

While I said I would send you the key to the "area", I appear to have lost it. You may have to enter the "area" through brute force. I'm sure you should be fine; who knows, maybe you don't need a key. The second scroll the hawk carries can be used to seal an item, by the way. Interesting, all of this sealing stuff, don't you think? Apologies for the earlier confusion; I hope this does not impede our working relationship in the future. After all, we are friends, right?

PS: The hawk will follow you. It will return to me when it needs to.
PSS: The hawk knows what you're looking for.
PSSS: I doubt there will be anybody else watching the "area" but you should know that there are others who claim they own said "area".

-Your employer

Ah. So it was THAT kind of "fetching". Well, it'd been a while since he'd stolen anything. Upon reading the message, he'd let out a sigh and tossed the scroll to the side. As he'd anticipated, the hawk had flown up and begun circling him. He would be here for a little longer than expected, then; well. That was alright, he'd be fine either way. Yes, this was fine. He could use some practice breaking and entering, with it being such a common request.

Despite this, a problem had arisen.

These are the coordinates, so where the hell is the vault?!?

Azuma was, admittedly, completely stumped at the moment. He was standing in the middle of the desert atop a small sand dune, surrounded by a few larger dunes and pillars of rocks that had formed over the years. If he squinted, he might have been able to spot a bug or two crawling on one of the rocks, but beyond that, there was nothing indicating any sort of life around here, and CERTAINLY nothing to indicate the presence of a vault.

The sand was up to his ankles, his feet were chafing against the backs of his shoes, and the sun was pounding on his exposed neck. Regardless of his time spent living in the heat, this was miserable. Thus, trudging through the sand, Azuma found his way into a spot of shade underneath one of the rocky pillars so that he could think unimpeded. Reaching into his bag, he pulled out an apple, taking a bite as he analyzed the situation.

Ugh, this is absurd. Leave it to the guy who tells you he OWNS something that you're about to steal to screw you over.

He glanced around, resting his head on the rocks behind him and sighing. Finishing off the apple, he tossed the core to the side while he reached into his bag to grab a water bottle. Water sounded great right now.

Well, food and water aren't a problem, but I really do need to find this damn diamond. Did he give me the wrong coordinates?

He thought back to the message he'd received earlier in the day, thinking out loud.

"Area... no key... sealing... hawk... the hawk knows what you're looking for. What does that mean?"

He glanced upwards to see the hawk, stalwart as ever in flying circles around him.

No, wait.

He was flying circles around the small sand dune, if Azuma's eyes didn't deceive him.

Well, only one way to check. Standing up and breathing in, Azuma began to mold chakra in his belly, applying the fire nature transformation while he did so. He then exhaled while looking straight up, releasing a bright, relatively small ball of flames up into the sky. Following this, he observed the ball's trajectory.

Yep. It was a few meters to the right of the hawk; not even within its circle. The hawk was definitely circling over the sand dude. It briefly occurred to

Ah. That made sense. The noble had mentioned something about the vault being hidden, hadn't he.

Well, I guess I need to listen more carefully next time. But for now...

He needed to be careful. He didn't quite know what the vault looked like, and he doubted it could withstand a full strength fire jutsu. Thus, he'd need to do something less directly damaging. Thinking quickly, Azuma figured out a solution quite handily. He had access to an element that worked well in this situation. Considering his options wisely, he came to a decision.

Azuma drew his katana from his sheathe and began to focus a large amount of Futon chakra into the blade. Surely this would do the trick.

"Futon: Senmōfū!"

Swinging his blade horizontally, Azuma felt a large mass of chakra leave his blade and erupt outwards in the form of an immense gust of wind. The dune was small; the gust was... perhaps a bit too large. Almost instantaneously, the wind picked up the sand that made up the dune and began to toss it around like it was paper. Even some of the surrounding sand was picked up. It was in this moment that Azuma was glad he hadn't used a tornado or whirlwind technique and had instead used something that only threw things in one direction.

After the gust cleared, all that remained of the sand dune was a few spread out mounds of sand. The rest had all been scattered to the winds, no pun intended. And as expected, sitting there was a three foot by three foot cube of what looked to be some sort of grey, hard, clear rock-like material. Upon further inspection, encased in the center of this rock was what appeared to be a very, very large diamond.

Yep, looks about right. Now... how do I go about breaking it?

Azuma tapped the hilt of his sword against the cube a few times. Nope. Nothing. Ah. Well, shit. That didn't look too good. He wasn't sure he had anything in his arsenal that could break this open without destroying the diamond. This was quite a problem.

Fuck, what do I do now? ...Learn Doton, I guess?

It was at that moment that Azuma heard the distinct caw of the hawk that had remained in the sky all of this time. A few seconds later, the bird pulled in and landed on his shoulder, dropping the second scroll it had carried onto the ground at his feet. Upon bending down and picking it up, Azuma unravelled it. It had several markings written across its insides, all of which Azuma recognized as some form of Fuuinjutsu. He personally didn't know Fuuinjutsu so it was all gibberish to him, but he understood the jist of what the noble wanted him to do.

He reached down to pick up the cube. It was quite light, surprisingly. He then laid out the scroll and placed the cube in the center of it, before making the tiger handseal, as indicated by the only imagery on the seal that he understood. And thus, with a poof of smoke, the cube had vanished. After rolling up the scroll, Azuma placed it within the hawk's talons, but not before taking out a pen and writing a message of his own.

Now, where do I go from here?

A day later, the noble's messenger room received the scroll; as such, they sent out the payment with another messenger hawk. However, upon further inspection, those who worked in the messenger room discovered something odd about what they had received. Delivering it to the noble was a simple task for the assistant assigned to the duty; after all everything the man had asked for was there. It was only after opening the much smaller, non-sealing scroll attached to the first that things became interesting.

Dearest Employer,

Next time you hire somebody, please inform them what it is that they are actually doing. Attempting to complete a job without a clue as to what that job is tends to be quite difficult. Furthermore, you should know that stealing is illegal in Wind Country. It would a great shame if the nature of your most recent actions came to the attention of the Daimyō, would it not? Of course, this would be easily preventable if you could do me the slightest of favors in providing me a room to sleep in when I am passing through town. After all, we are friends, right?

-Your Employee

It would oh so nice to have a place to sleep next time he was in that town. As the hawk flew off, Azuma chuckled lightly and began to walk in the direction opposite from where he had came. Surely he'd run into somebody.
This post serves as a beginning to the new journey of Jiraiya and his friendship with Sin and the Air Nation.

(2) – Accept and facilitate a trade

The villages madness is what they had called him, among other names. As he sat in the shade of the cloth he held up with his staff, and the toads upon his shoulders as well as Gamamusha had also taken shelter beneath it, it seemed like a weird bunch. They could barely all fit underneath it, and the white-haired man looked scrawny, annoyed at the situation. As he sat down on the ground below, he saw a shadow that moved across the sand ground, it warned him that someone was above. Yet he sat calmly as he had seen it fly quite far back, he knew what it looked like and if it wanted to harm him, it would have done so long ago. He could hear and feel the sand shift as the being landed nearby, and an individual jumped off and walked towards him. He knew of him, he knew who he was. What a relief. He sat there and smiled for a moment.

“Why it is I! Jiraiya the hermit, and these are my companions, Hope & Will… oh and Gamamusha, he is not much of a talker.”

He stood up from under the piece of cloth, leaving its cold embrace, stepping into the beaming sun.

“I have been searching for a purpose since the events of the past, and perhaps the Air Nation is what I have been looking for. I shall join your clan, nation or whatever it is, to give myself a purpose and to hopefully gain back my will to do good things.” [Joining the Air Nation]

He walked over and started packing up everything, as Gamamusha wrapped his cloth around him, Jiraiya would take his old staff and Hope and Will would jump onto his shoulders. As he walked past Sin, he spoke.

“I hope our alliance will give great benefits. For now, I will travel out in these bonefields, I saw a fireball being shot into the sky quite far away, and I would like to see what it was all about.”

As he said this, he would leave Sin for now, as he would trot through the sand dunes, up and down, like the waves of the sea, Hope & Will still annoyed by the sun as they trotted along. They would soon come over a large sand dune where they would come to look down into a rather large valley, it was filled with sand and bones of the dead, the sand had shifted leaving them revealed. However, it was not that, that caught Jiraiyas attention, it was the living person walking across the area. He would jump and slide down the sand dune as if he was riding it like a wave, until he would reach the bottom looking at the man in front of him.

“What brings you into the bonefields… do you not know that the Air Nation is in charge of these places?”

Kin
262💸
Kumi
501💴
This post serves as a beginning to the new journey of Jiraiya and his friendship with Sin and the Air Nation.

(2) – Accept and facilitate a trade

The villages madness is what they had called him, among other names. As he sat in the shade of the cloth he held up with his staff, and the toads upon his shoulders as well as Gamamusha had also taken shelter beneath it, it seemed like a weird bunch. They could barely all fit underneath it, and the white-haired man looked scrawny, annoyed at the situation. As he sat down on the ground below, he saw a shadow that moved across the sand ground, it warned him that someone was above. Yet he sat calmly as he had seen it fly quite far back, he knew what it looked like and if it wanted to harm him, it would have done so long ago. He could hear and feel the sand shift as the being landed nearby, and an individual jumped off and walked towards him. He knew of him, he knew who he was. What a relief. He sat there and smiled for a moment.

“Why it is I! Jiraiya the hermit, and these are my companions, Hope & Will… oh and Gamamusha, he is not much of a talker.”

He stood up from under the piece of cloth, leaving its cold embrace, stepping into the beaming sun.

“I have been searching for a purpose since the events of the past, and perhaps the Air Nation is what I have been looking for. I shall join your clan, nation or whatever it is, to give myself a purpose and to hopefully gain back my will to do good things.” [Joining the Air Nation]

He walked over and started packing up everything, as Gamamusha wrapped his cloth around him, Jiraiya would take his old staff and Hope and Will would jump onto his shoulders. As he walked past Sin, he spoke.

“I hope our alliance will give great benefits. For now, I will travel out in these bonefields, I saw a fireball being shot into the sky quite far away, and I would like to see what it was all about.”

As he said this, he would leave Sin for now, as he would trot through the sand dunes, up and down, like the waves of the sea, Hope & Will still annoyed by the sun as they trotted along. They would soon come over a large sand dune where they would come to look down into a rather large valley, it was filled with sand and bones of the dead, the sand had shifted leaving them revealed. However, it was not that, that caught Jiraiyas attention, it was the living person walking across the area. He would jump and slide down the sand dune as if he was riding it like a wave, until he would reach the bottom looking at the man in front of him.

“What brings you into the bonefields… do you not know that the Air Nation is in charge of these places?”
Mission Starting In This Post (Custom Element): (2) Obtain a powerful ally.

For miles, Azuma had trudged through the immense and seemingly endless expanse of sand, dune over dune, hill over hill. Thank god he'd learned Suiton, else this would have been an unmitigated disaster. Pausing to take a drink of water, he quickly reached into his bag and grabbed his bottle. Full, as he'd left it. Unscrewing the lid, he glanced around before taking a long sip.

"Ahhhhh... hits the spot."

Wiping off his lips he then screwed the lid back on and began to continue forwards once more as he sighed, a tad dissatisfied with how dull his current path of travel was.

Why the hell didn't I turn back, if even for the night? Ugh, this is booooriingggg!

You wouldn't believe the look of shock on his face when that changed in a matter of seconds. Over the horizon appeared a figure, confused, Azuma squinted, trying to make out what the figure was exactly. A few seconds later, the figure got close to enough to become a tad more defined.

To say the least, he was a bit shook.

Azuma stood in confused awe as he watched the white haired man in front of him slide down a sand dune as if he was the coolest man alive. The guy was a geezer, plain and simple. He had a long white mane of sorts, and was accompanied by what looked like three... frogs?

Are they summons...or...who the hell is this guy?

Wait, he recognized this man. Yes, there had been pictures of him in books back at his home in the West... was his name... Jidaiya? Jibaiya? No, Jiraiya! Yes, he was a Sage of some kind, and a very powerful ninja supposedly. What in the hell was he doing out here?

It was at this point that Azuma realized something that led him to shake off his surprised expression and drop his left hand to the handle of his sword, his right to the scabbard for support.

Shit! My fireball was probably visible for miles! I was careless, damn. What if he's an enemy? What if he CONTROLS the "vault" I just broke into?

Then, the geezer talked. He didn't seem particularly aggressive, but words could be deceptive. Azuma made sure not to appear relaxed, even if unconsciously he had ever so slightly done so. Hesitating briefly before speaking, his words held a slightly cautious and inquisitive tone. He'd never heard of an "Air Nation".

"...I'm travelling in search of others looking for a home; I come from the far West."

Well, he wasn't COMPLETELY lying; he was searching for others who were looking for a home and did come from the far West.

"What is this Air Nation you speak of? I apologize, I'm new to the area. And you? What brings you here, old man?"

He wouldn't let on that he knew who the man was just yet. Regardless, Azuma had a feeling that Jiraiya had no ill will towards him.

(OOC: Azuma is 14, to clarify. His birthday is in late December; the NW is currently in early December I believe. You can play with the weird age dynamic a bit if you want ;))

Last edited:

Gutsy

Legendary
Kin
2,206💸
Kumi
24,009💴
As Jiraiya had come to a halt in front of the boy, Hope and Will was silent as they sat there drinking some water from their satchels, while the large Gamamusha sat directly behind him like a shadow overlooking him. His question about the bonefields and the air nation seemed to have propelled off of him, he seemed to know nothing about such things. Instead of delving into the same questions for now, however there were a few things that made him curious about him.

“The air nation is a young nation that have come to fruition through a man who rides a beast of both great beauty and terror, a man whose vision of this place goes beyond anyones imagination, and I have decided to support him.”

As he finished speaking for the moment, he pulled out a small leatherbag, its content unknown, he held it in his hand as his facial expression changed, the same with his intentions.

“You say that you are out here searching for a home, however I see no indications of you having packed your belongings, neither do I see you having enough rations to reach any of the camps or villages that lie in the direction you are going right now. You are but a child in this world, traveling alone and that makes no sense to me. On another note, I noticed the fireball that was shot into the sky where you came from, care to explain?”

He stepped forward, out of the shadow of the toad, and into Azuma’s personal space, looking on him.

Top Bottom