Forbidden Tale

Veteran
Kin
27💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't see why people are frustrated with the ending. Instead they should be frustrated with the all thinks that haven't happened (unseen bankais, war 1000 and 200 years ago, bland Quincies etc...) and we expected them prior to the final chapter.

And showing character married and having kids by the end of series is not Narutish at all. I haven't read many mangas of this type but out of what I read - Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Shaman King, Fairy Tail, - every manga had such ending. Not counting One Piece and Fairy Tail, considering they are not completed.
Don't know did Dragon Ball (Toriyama) started that shipping end, but all authors of these mangas (Oda, Kishimoto, Kubo, Takei, Mashima) were inspired by Toriyama's Dragon Ball.

------

Great chapter overall. Seeing everyone going well. Well I really expected to see little last Quincy (Uryuu's child) and little Fullbringer (Chad's chilld).

And how the hell did Kazui make Yhwach's traces wanish? o_O

Other disappoints comes from what we haven't seen in the story like I said above (alot of unseen bankais, some characters' fate, bland characters, etc) but that's some other story.

5/5

Last edited:

LordRaikage

Elite
Kin
54💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't see why people are frustrated with the ending. Instead they should be frustrated with the all thinks that haven't happened (unseen bankais, war 1000 and 200 years ago, bland Quincies etc...) and we expected them prior to the final chapter.

And showing character married and having kids by the end of series is not Narutish at all. I haven't read many mangas of this type but out of what I read - Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Shaman King, Fairy Tail, - every manga had such ending. Not counting One Piece and Fairy Tail, considering they are not completed.
Don't know did Dragon Ball (Toriyama) started that shipping end, but all authors of these mangas (Oda, Kishimoto, Kubo, Takei, Mashima) were inspired by Toriyama's Dragon Ball.

------

Great chapter overall. Seeing everyone going well. Well I really expected to see little last Quincy (Uryuu's child) and little Fullbringer (Chad's chilld).

Other disappoints comes from what we haven't seen in the story like I said above (alot of unseen bankais, some characters' fate, bland characters, etc) but that's some other story.

5/5
blinded dummy fanboy

Honestly that was horrible. Bleach was my fav Cus the characters are so rich and detailed and the entire story just got Rick rolled by a shite naruto ending.
naruto's ending was very good.

the war arc was a little shaky tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BlueMeteor

Dannie

/
Immortal
Kin
1,640💸
Kumi
35💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

------

5/5
The majority are displeased, including myself. It is not just about the final chapter that are making people upset, it is the fact that this is the last chapter that we will receive from Kubo, so he will not explain all the missing holes that were never touched upon because this is the end. Do you really expect anyone in their right mind to be content with this ending knowing all the shit that was misleading and skipped over? Are you denying that this final battle wasn't rushed?

If you actually care about these kids and the fact that Ichigo is living a happy and peaceful life with his family then good for you, but many of us who actually invested in this series for so long are obviously not going to accept a shitty ending with false hope, and there's nothing we can do about it because it's Kubo's story.

So, shouldn't we be asking you why you aren't frustrated about this ending knowing we will never get an explanation for all the shit that Kubo was supposed to explain.

Also, Kubo taunting us with Shuhei's bankai was just a small fraction of the bullshit that he decided to throw at us.

Last edited:

Relostar Devil

Regular
Kin
326💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Bleach Manga Chapter 686 Discussion, but not Predictions

Am i the only one who liked this ending........Yhwach reiatsu may be absorbed by kazui, that's why he have last panel of bleach about its ending. Maybe kubo will continue its manga like kishi with small spin-offs surrounding kazui and yhwach's reiatsu.....

• Angry
Reactions: minamoto

Forbidden Tale

Veteran
Kin
27💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The majority are displeased, including myself. It is not just about the final chapter that are making people upset, it is the fact that this is the last chapter that we will receive from Kubo, so he will not explain all the missing holes that were never touched upon because this is the end. Do you really expect anyone in their right mind to be content with this ending knowing all the shit that was misleading and skipped over? Are you denying that this final battle wasn't rushed?

If you actually care about these kids and the fact that Ichigo is living a happy and peaceful life with his family then good for you, but many of us who actually invested in this series for so long are obviously not going to accept a shitty ending with false hope, and there's nothing we can do about it because it's Kubo's story.

So, shouldn't we be asking you why you aren't frustrated about this ending knowing we will never get an explanation for all the shit that Kubo was supposed to explain.

Also, Kubo taunting us with Shuhei's bankai was just a small fraction of the bullshit that he decided to throw at us.
Man, that's exactly what I said.

I will clear it more:

Last two chapters weren't that bad at all, bad was that we haven't seen many other things.

Bad things about the war:

1. We haven't seen many charactes going all out (Shinji, Yoruichi, Tessai, Isshin, Ryuuken, many Quincies, Grimmjow and a lot more)
2. Instead their light was stolen by some other characters, we particulary don't really care (Nanao, Nemu), naturally I wouldn't have a problem with that, if others, I listed above got their own time
3. Some power ups were pulled out of nowhere (Rukia, Renji, Byakuya, Hitsugaya)
4. Many characters got hyped by Kubo, before the war in the interview, we have see nothing really new from them (Kira, Hisagi, Ikkaku, Yumichika, Matsumoto).
5. It was said that Matsumoto's past will have huge impact in the war (Her role in EBTR wasn't that great)
6. What Mayuri found in the lab, was supposed to be something that will turn the tips of the war (it seems things he created with what he found in the Szayel's lab were Zombies)
7. Sternritters with overall awesome design, turned to be such a bland characters. I can only imagine how great their character would be if everyone of them got their own flaschback and if they had their own reasons for fight (like Espada) instead of just following Yhwach.
8. The main motif of the war was that there are no good or evil as said in the first chapters, in the end it turned that Quincis are evil, while Shinigamis are good.
9. Turning Pepe in the phedofile. That character with his "Gehgeh" laugh and design was supposed to be some awesome Quincy Elder - Wizard with being master of the ginto. Well, we thought he would be like that.
10. We didn't got flaschback of the wars 1000 and 200 years ago. How did Yamamoto fight against Yhwach? How was Yhwach sealed?
11. Aizen's past? Kugo's past? How did latter become shinigami? From what (who) was Tsukishima running when he was a child?
12. Why were main characters written off in this war (Chad, Orihime), didn't they deserved at least fight on screen against at least some low tier Sternritter?
13. How did Ishida family escaped from the Shadow world? For what reason?
14. Wasn't this supposed to be Uryuu's arc? Then where is he in this arc? Why did he survived aushwalen?
15. Why are Gerard and Pernida, Soul King's hearth and arm?
16. Royal Family?
17. Royal Guard? From which division are a former member? What's connection between Mayuri and Shutara? Their shikais and bankais?

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just realized I actually never commented on the final Bleach chapter. Not that there is much left to say about it.

In the end it pretty much was what I expected it to be. The last chapter is of the same level as this series had been for a long time now. At least I'm glad Kubo finished some plot lines, it's better than nothing I suppose and as I previously noted, a scenario where Yhwach was fooling everyone with a future full of hope to consequently destroy it, was never realistic.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just realized I actually never commented on the final Bleach chapter. Not that there is much left to say about it.

In the end it pretty much was what I expected it to be. The last chapter is of the same level as this series had been for a long time now. At least I'm glad Kubo finished some plot lines, it's better than nothing I suppose and as I previously noted, a scenario where Yhwach was fooling everyone with a future full of hope to consequently destroy it, was never realistic.
I'm glad we got to at least learn Yhwach's motivations for his actions. And regarding your last statement, if Bleach wasn't tied to Shonen tropes, I wouldn't see it beyond Kubo to indeed allow the villain to win. However, he obviously had to cater to its younger fans as well.

OT: the final chapter of Bleach gives me a lot of feels, both good and bad. Honestly, Bleach was my favorite of the big Shonen mangas for quite a while before I really got into OP or around the end of Naruto. I absolutely adored the character designs and beautiful, symbolic art. Kubo's storytelling, characterization and pacing could've used a lot more work, because I, like many others, felt there was a lot of untapped, even wasted potential for such an intriguing universe. Enjoyed the powerset even if it did make no sense towards the end, but ultimately, this is the ending we got and I am at the very least glad that it's over. I do intend to do a couple of re-reads to get the overall message and themes of the manga down a little better and am willing to discuss what others thought and if there are any unanswered questions that could be deduced based on what little closure we got for -certain- characters.

All-in-all, I'd rate Bleach somewhere between 3.5-4 out of 5 stars as an overall manga. It'll probably change once I compile all my thoughts and do my re-reads but that's my initial evaluation.

Reactions: BlueMeteor

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm glad we got to at least learn Yhwach's motivations for his actions. And regarding your last statement, if Bleach wasn't tied to Shonen tropes, I wouldn't see it beyond Kubo to indeed allow the villain to win. However, he obviously had to cater to its younger fans as well.

OT: the final chapter of Bleach gives me a lot of feels, both good and bad. Honestly, Bleach was my favorite of the big Shonen mangas for quite a while before I really got into OP or around the end of Naruto. I absolutely adored the character designs and beautiful, symbolic art. Kubo's storytelling, characterization and pacing could've used a lot more work, because I, like many others, felt there was a lot of untapped, even wasted potential for such an intriguing universe. Enjoyed the powerset even if it did make no sense towards the end, but ultimately, this is the ending we got and I am at the very least glad that it's over. I do intend to do a couple of re-reads to get the overall message and themes of the manga down a little better and am willing to discuss what others thought and if there are any unanswered questions that could be deduced based on what little closure we got for -certain- characters.

All-in-all, I'd rate Bleach somewhere between 3.5-4 out of 5 stars as an overall manga. It'll probably change once I compile all my thoughts and do my re-reads but that's my initial evaluation.
I wouldn't call letting the MC win as 'catering to the younger fans' as having the villains win is highly exceptional in any kind of medium (books, movies, manga etc.). Considering the brutal nature Bleach has showed on occasion, I really don't think Kubo would have given it another ending regardless of the situation.

This would be a good time to review the series Bleach as a whole. I'm putting it on my list after Black Clover.