[Theory] Blackbeard Theory: Parallel World

Thugg

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I recently saw the oldest One Piece theory of Cerberus back in action so i propose this theory.

I'am not at all inclined towards the Cerberus theory and iam totally not in favor with that theory. I would instead like to propose that the reason Teach was able to acquire two devil fruits was solely because of Yami Yami no mi and nothing else. Yes, i remember Marco saying he has a different body and atypical structure but i don't think it is a solid thing to conclude instead he was just guessing a reason why Teach was able to do such a thing, instead if Marco would have said that "he is able to do it because of Yami Yami no mi " then i also would have inclined towards the Cerberus theory. As Oda wouldn't do anything obvious. So Give this a thought.

My general idea in this theory is that we all know that Yami Yami allows the user to absorb anything to a " Parallel World " or a different dimension. His attack Black Hole manipulates gravity and everything goes into the Black Hole, now we can't assume that the thing which goes into the hole gets Destroyed as his power is related with darkness and gravity then we could be sure that he puts the material absorbed in another dimension. (Note: His absorption should not be confused with absorption of Caribou)

The secret behind Teach acquiring more than one Devil Fruit could be like this, He instead of having three different personalities and giving each personality a different fruit to store, can extract the fruit from the user to store it in another dimension with the help of his new abilities granted to him by the Yami Yami no mi. Now, if he knows how to store a thing in some other parallel world then he must be knowing how to return it from the Parallel World. This would make many things clear as why did he wait for so much time on Whitebeards ship to only place his hands on a Logia fruit, even if it's a rare Logia it cannot suddenly make you a Pirate King unless if there is something peculiar or unique about the fruit. Hence he waited for the right opportunity studying the different sizes and shape of fruits and studying about the powers and limits of the fruits.

It would make more sense if i put it this way, instead of absorbing the fruit in other dimension he absorbed a human in other dimension and which allows him to have another Devil Fruit user inside his own Devil Fruit and the ability of Yami Yami to nullify other Devil Fruits when Teach touches any other fruit user also explains that he partially puts the fruits powers in other dimension but cannot store it because the user is still using the devil fruit's power. Also i think Teach could absorb as many as Devil Fruits he could want in the Parallel World but cannot use any more than two as the more Devil Fruits he would use the more the power of Yami Yami no mi would decrease. As the Yami Yami is his base power being aided by Gura Gura and other Devil Fruit would lessen the base power. So instead he is storing the Devil Fruits and giving it to his crew members.

Would appreciate views about others on this theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Totsuka No Tsurugi

iSpeak

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It would make more sense if i put it this way, instead of absorbing the fruit in other dimension he absorbed a human in other dimension and which allows him to have another Devil Fruit user inside his own Devil Fruit.
But Blackbeard took Whitebeards devil fruit without absorbing his body. Shanks took Whitebeards body for a funeral.

windrider

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with parallel dimension part but not the one where u have mentioned that he stores humans along with their devil fruit and then use it .The user has to eat the devil fruit as whole in order to use its abilities .Your theory posses threat even to the fundamental fact about a DF. Marco stated ,"we all know his body is not normal ".
He did not say it in a guessing tone but rather stated as a fact which ODA is yet to reveal us .

I agree to the part that every thing absorbed can be stored in an alternate dimension .It is very obvious when he uses liberation ,he simply throws everything back ,so obvious an alternate buffer dimension plays its role but absolutely not with humans being is his buffer in the alternate dimension for him to use other DF abilities .

What you are saying is he is zapping the DF abilities of a human in another dimension and literally projecting it in our dimension .There are 2 flaws here
1.For him to do so,he needs to control the will of the other person in the first place .
2.If what u say he true ,then he can simply absorb any DF attack and redirect it back which has hasn't demonstrated yet nor shown to posses any ability like that.

Last edited:

Thugg

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with parallel dimension part but not the one where u have mentioned that he stores humans along with their devil fruit and then use it .The user has to eat the devil fruit as whole in order to use its abilities .Your theory posses threat even to the fundamental fact about a DF. Marco stated ,"we all know his body is not normal ".
He did not say it in a guessing tone but rather stated as a fact which ODA is yet to reveal us .

I agree to the part that every thing absorbed can be stored in an alternate dimension .It is very obvious when he uses liberation ,he simply throws everything back ,so obvious an alternate buffer dimension plays its role but absolutely not with humans being is his buffer in the alternate dimension for him to use other DF abilities .

What you are saying is he is zapping the DF abilities of a human in another dimension and literally projecting it in our dimension .There are 2 flaws here
1.For him to do so,he needs to control the will of the other person in the first place .
2.If what u say he true ,then he can simply absorb any DF attack and redirect it back which has hasn't demonstrated yet nor shown to posses any ability like that.
You should read the theory once again.
He cannot simply absorb a Devil Fruit while he still is in a battle also he would need a sacrificial body if the fruit needs to be stored but he can partially store the Fruit in parallel world until the user is in touch as then he wont need a user for that partial energy of the fruit in the parallel world. I already stated he cannot use more than 2 fruits but can store many, which he is doing right now and as for the fundamental theory of Devil Fruit, Teach already has added himself with an exception there and atypical body structure cannot be the reason for that, think yourself. Marcos words are mysterous like the set of teeth of Teach which change frequently so we cant debate on that.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I disagree with the sacrificial body and with the parallel universe too, in a way. I think it's just like Caribou's DF, yet enhanced. Caribou's body also acts like a parallel division, in a sense that he can bear objects/beings in a volume higher than his own. Likewise, I believe Blackbeard is able to store the objects by trapping them inside the nothingness/darkness that is his body.

His body is made of nothing, absorbing everything to fill the void. We've seen him absorb anything from physical to actually absorbing the powers of a DF user, more efficiently that Haki. It's not that far fetched to think he can absorb actual DF too, assuming he discovered how and what to pull.

Thugg

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I disagree with the sacrificial body and with the parallel universe too, in a way. I think it's just like Caribou's DF, yet enhanced. Caribou's body also acts like a parallel division, in a sense that he can bear objects/beings in a volume higher than his own. Likewise, I believe Blackbeard is able to store the objects by trapping them inside the nothingness/darkness that is his body.

His body is made of nothing, absorbing everything to fill the void. We've seen him absorb anything from physical to actually absorbing the powers of a DF user, more efficiently that Haki. It's not that far fetched to think he can absorb actual DF too, assuming he discovered how and what to pull.
What you say is plausible but then nullifying other fruit on contact would not be justified. The fundamemtal law of Devil Fruit states that 1 body cannot contain more than 1 fruit, even if Teach's body is an empty void it still remains his own body where two fruits cannot reside.

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's just pure gravity. No parallel world inside, though it's a nice theory. We know the inside of black holes are just pure crushing gravity that not even light can pass, and unless we can prove the existence of parallel worlds inside black holes and wormholes, then it's just ... gravity.

Thugg

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's just pure gravity. No parallel world inside, though it's a nice theory. We know the inside of black holes are just pure crushing gravity that not even light can pass, and unless we can prove the existence of parallel worlds inside black holes and wormholes, then it's just ... gravity.
I considered it pure gravity too, but its clear that acquiring more than one fruit is a ability granted by Yami Yami which is not possible if it has only the power to suck everything and nothing else. Nullyfing others fruit also isn't possible by Gravity either.

Baka Sennin

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
personally i just think it has something to do with Blackbeard's body, like I think Marco said. the yami yami no mi attracts attacks toward the user, so I'm guessing Blackbeard prepared his body well in preparation for that fruit. he was able to scar shanks without permanent injury to himself before he got the fruit right? so the fruit isn't his only strength.

but maybe his df's somehow mitigates damage or condenses the effect so it's not fatal, and that combines with his superior body can enable him to have more than one df.

i guess we'll know more once we're shown exactly what he's been doing with the df he's been collecting over the timeskip. i didn't get whether he was adding to his personal powers, or gathering new cremates.

Thugg

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
personally i just think it has something to do with Blackbeard's body, like I think Marco said. the yami yami no mi attracts attacks toward the user, so I'm guessing Blackbeard prepared his body well in preparation for that fruit. he was able to scar shanks without permanent injury to himself before he got the fruit right? so the fruit isn't his only strength.

but maybe his df's somehow mitigates damage or condenses the effect so it's not fatal, and that combines with his superior body can enable him to have more than one df.

i guess we'll know more once we're shown exactly what he's been doing with the df he's been collecting over the timeskip. i didn't get whether he was adding to his personal powers, or gathering new cremates.
I never said Blackbeard was weak without his Devil Fruit. Logically thinking a different body cannot actually allow to acquire two fruits, i know Oda likes to make everything easy to understand but still he sticks to the One Piece logic. What Marco said remains a mystery untill Oda clarifies, till then we cant conclude Teach having two fruits by just having atypical body. Nor do i believe this the actual reason and neither does Dr. Vegapunk believes it as i think he must have started investigating how Teach acquired two fruits and Vegapunk may already know the secret.

Last edited:

s0ulja

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I recently saw the oldest One Piece theory of Cerberus back in action so i propose this theory.

I'am not at all inclined towards the Cerberus theory and iam totally not in favor with that theory. I would instead like to propose that the reason Teach was able to acquire two devil fruits was solely because of Yami Yami no mi and nothing else. Yes, i remember Marco saying he has a different body and atypical structure but i don't think it is a solid thing to conclude instead he was just guessing a reason why Teach was able to do such a thing, instead if Marco would have said that "he is able to do it because of Yami Yami no mi " then i also would have inclined towards the Cerberus theory. As Oda wouldn't do anything obvious. So Give this a thought.

My general idea in this theory is that we all know that Yami Yami allows the user to absorb anything to a " Parallel World " or a different dimension. His attack Black Hole manipulates gravity and everything goes into the Black Hole, now we can't assume that the thing which goes into the hole gets Destroyed as his power is related with darkness and gravity then we could be sure that he puts the material absorbed in another dimension. (Note: His absorption should not be confused with absorption of Caribou)

The secret behind Teach acquiring more than one Devil Fruit could be like this, He instead of having three different personalities and giving each personality a different fruit to store, can extract the fruit from the user to store it in another dimension with the help of his new abilities granted to him by the Yami Yami no mi. Now, if he knows how to store a thing in some other parallel world then he must be knowing how to return it from the Parallel World. This would make many things clear as why did he wait for so much time on Whitebeards ship to only place his hands on a Logia fruit, even if it's a rare Logia it cannot suddenly make you a Pirate King unless if there is something peculiar or unique about the fruit. Hence he waited for the right opportunity studying the different sizes and shape of fruits and studying about the powers and limits of the fruits.

It would make more sense if i put it this way, instead of absorbing the fruit in other dimension he absorbed a human in other dimension and which allows him to have another Devil Fruit user inside his own Devil Fruit and the ability of Yami Yami to nullify other Devil Fruits when Teach touches any other fruit user also explains that he partially puts the fruits powers in other dimension but cannot store it because the user is still using the devil fruit's power. Also i think Teach could absorb as many as Devil Fruits he could want in the Parallel World but cannot use any more than two as the more Devil Fruits he would use the more the power of Yami Yami no mi would decrease. As the Yami Yami is his base power being aided by Gura Gura and other Devil Fruit would lessen the base power. So instead he is storing the Devil Fruits and giving it to his crew members.

Would appreciate views about others on this theory.
there are too many flaws in the theory

-as u said marco (aka oda) said he was able to do it b'cuz of his body...and if marco knew that then it couldn have been the fruit since he fled as soon as he got the fruit.
are u saying u know more than oda?

-BB creates dark matter, caribou(excuse the spelling) creates swamp/mud...why does BB's 'other dimension' more special than caribous? they are both logias.

-he was using both fruits at the same time....
he joined WB's ship b'cuz they were the strongest crew and the likelihood of getting that fruit would be higher if he was with them..he already knew the fruit he wanted, there is a book that has all the fruits

-i dont even know what ur tryin to say in the last paragraph, but from the last bit, no having two fruits doesn't decrease the effectiveness of the first...it is suppose to be an advantage for him to have two fruits not a disadvantage

as u can tell i disagree with ur theory, but hey stranger things have happened in anime/manga's

Baka Sennin

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I never said Blackbeard was weak without his Devil Fruit. Logically thinking a different body cannot actually allow to acquire two fruits, i know Oda likes to make everything easy to understand but still he sticks to the One Piece logic. What Marco said remains a mystery untill Oda clarifies, till then we cant conclude Teach having two fruits by just having atypical body. Nor do i believe this the actual reason and neither does Dr. Vegapunk believes it as i think he must have started investigating how Teach acquired two fruits and Vegapunk may already know the secret.
yeah i know i was just going off on a tangent. i didn't say it's solely down to his body, but maybe it could be a combination of his body and yami yami no mi. his body seems to be extraordinarily resilient, given the way he tanked ace's attacks. they hurt, but they didn't do lasting damage. the explanation will likely be simple, i doubt there will be some really complex reason as to why bb can use two df.

Thugg

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
there are too many flaws in the theory

-as u said marco (aka oda) said he was able to do it b'cuz of his body...and if marco knew that then it couldn have been the fruit since he fled as soon as he got the fruit.
are u saying u know more than oda?

-BB creates dark matter, caribou(excuse the spelling) creates swamp/mud...why does BB's 'other dimension' more special than caribous? they are both logias.

-he was using both fruits at the same time....
he joined WB's ship b'cuz they were the strongest crew and the likelihood of getting that fruit would be higher if he was with them..he already knew the fruit he wanted, there is a book that has all the fruits

-i dont even know what ur tryin to say in the last paragraph, but from the last bit, no having two fruits doesn't decrease the effectiveness of the first...it is suppose to be an advantage for him to have two fruits not a disadvantage

as u can tell i disagree with ur theory, but hey stranger things have happened in anime/manga's
I hate those who post without fully understanding, anyways.

Explain me how a different/atypical body helps obtaining more than one devil fruit. Until you can't logically explain me that i don't think we can consider it flaw in my theory. There are many things we won't know until Oda clarifies so he have to base our views on assumptions till then.

First of all Teach does not create dark matter his ability is to convert everything in to nothingness the power of darkness and manipulation of gravity. As Lili-Chwan said, Teach's fruit is a more enhanced version of that of Caribou , Caribou does not send any material absorbed to some other dimension he just takes thing having a higher volume than his. They are both logias so they should be similar is what you are implying, if so then i don't think its true.

Sorry i didn't get your third point. I know he waited for so much time and he used both fruits at same time. You just wrote what i already stated in my theory.

Did you even read what i wrote? If you don't understand what i said in the last paragraph then it's useless to make that as a flaw.

Last edited: