Rikud0 Sennin

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, according to last chapter, black zetsu is able to leave the actual zetsu body, and just be black goo. So, he can hop from zetsu to zetsu, but can he do it to Orochimaru and Hashirama as well?

(Pleeease take over Orochimaru Black Zetsu! You would create Venom all over again!!!! I mean doesnt this pic [bottom panel] remind you of Venom?)

ok so the pics aren't working. ill provide link.

He just needs Oro's tongue!

:happy:

Edit: so, he probably can take over anyone as long as he can overpower them. The DNA doesn't matter because Black Zetsu goo thing doesn't share DNA with Zetsu to begin with. He came straight from Madara, and not Hashirama's living clone...

*minor plot hole/manga mistake:
black zetsu was show to leave the zetsu body after being cut in half, but when he appeared at Obito's side, he had the zetsu body again, instead of being amorphous.*

*him leaving zetsu body:
*him by Obito's side, with a zetsu body

Clearer shot

Last edited:
Reactions: KatyLiz10

Shinato

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was liquid when he appeared behind Obito the first time as well. Though I don't think he can take over anything with JUST Senju DNA. I think he can take over anyone if he is able to get them weak enough.

Zerk

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His body was most likely naturally compatible with Obito because Black Zetsu was made from Madara's will, at the time Madara had both Senju and Uchiha DNA. In order to heal Obito Madara infused Senju DNA with Obito's Uchiha DNA.

Zetsu = Uchiha + Senju

Obito = Uchiha + Senju

Rikud0 Sennin

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was liquid when he appeared behind Obito the first time as well. Though I don't think he can take over anything with JUST Senju DNA. I think he can take over anyone if he is able to get them weak enough.
Take a closer look. I provided links above. He had a zetsu with him.

Hopefully what youre saying turns out to be true with regards to whom he can take over. He just became a very interesting character imo

Draxus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Black Zetsu could have easily regenerated by the time he attacked obito, it isn't really a mistake or a plot hole. Heck... he could have even taken one of the hundreds of dead white zetsu clones all over the place.

Honord Sage

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Black Zetsu's is Uchiha DNA with Madara's Will imprinted on it so it dose what Madara orders it to do.It has a better develop brain compared to White Zetsu who is program to do lesser task.

Rikud0 Sennin

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Black zestu is made of senju DNA(zetsu) so naturally it still would have white parts on it even if it leaves a zetsu body.
That just isn't true. As you see here ( ) Black Zetsu does not have white parts in it after it leaves a zetsu body. But most of these responses are not answering the question to this thread, which was could it take over hashirama or orochimaru, because of their similar DNA now. The little mistake thing about the body was a side point and not the focus of the thread.

Rikud0 Sennin

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Black Zetsu could have easily regenerated by the time he attacked obito, it isn't really a mistake or a plot hole. Heck... he could have even taken one of the hundreds of dead white zetsu clones all over the place.
Black zetsu was not wounded by being severed in half, so there was nothing to regenerate. He is a separate entity than a zetsu all together. He is an amorphous thing that took the shape of the other half of a zetsu when created. A zetsu would be severely wounded by being cut in half, but not Black Zetsu, as already shown. This is because Black Zetsu isn't even a zetsu really... hes just a blob.

Draxus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Black zetsu was not wounded by being severed in half, so there was nothing to regenerate. He is a separate entity than a zetsu all together. He is an amorphous thing that took the shape of the other half of a zetsu when created. A zetsu would be severely wounded by being cut in half, but not Black Zetsu, as already shown. This is because Black Zetsu isn't even a zetsu really... hes just a blob.
Not wounded? He was cut in half! Sure it didn't kill him, but still he had a whole body to regenerate. However if you didn't buy that, he could easily have taken over any of the dead white zetsu.

Shinato

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not wounded? He was cut in half! Sure it didn't kill him, but still he had a whole body to regenerate. However if you didn't buy that, he could easily have taken over any of the dead white zetsu.
He wasn't injured, its the same as saying that water is broken when its cut in half.

Rikud0 Sennin

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This isn't right... Sorry man. What your'e saying is that even if Black Zetsu had regenerative abilities (which I don't see how he could have them) he would regenerate something that isn't even himself. Thats like saying if you cut water, the water will grow back a human.

Also, the recent panels showing Black Zetsu show that half his face is scarred. This is the result of him splitting up with a normal zetsu. So, he had to have merged with a dead zetsu, and then severed half its body off? Why would he do that if that just weakens the abilities that Black Zetsu is capable of using? (a full dead zetsu body would be of more use than only half of it because the moves would be stronger.)

You have to understand that Black Zetsu, isn't a zetsu at all.

Draxus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He wasn't injured, its the same as saying that water is broken when its cut in half.
No... no it's not. Water isn't a living organism nor a sentient being.

This isn't right... Sorry man. What your'e saying is that even if Black Zetsu had regenerative abilities (which I don't see how he could have them) he would regenerate something that isn't even himself. Thats like saying if you cut water, the water will grow back a human.

Also, the recent panels showing Black Zetsu show that half his face is scarred. This is the result of him splitting up with a normal zetsu. So, he had to have merged with a dead zetsu, and then severed half its body off? Why would he do that if that just weakens the abilities that Black Zetsu is capable of using? (a full dead zetsu body would be of more use than only half of it because the moves would be stronger.)

You have to understand that Black Zetsu, isn't a zetsu at all.
No... Black Zetrsu is a Zetsu, he's just a different type of zetsu than White Zetsu. How do you know he didn't take over a dead zetsu body and just split off the 2nd half, just like he did with the original Zetsu? Furthermore where do you think that original scarred 2nd half came from, if Black Zetsu didn't generate it? Where did it go when Black Zetsu merged with Obito, if it wasn't part of him?

You're entire argument is based off 2 pictures and ignores every thing we know about Zetsu before and after it. So instead of saying "oh well I don't get this" or "I'll wait to see if it will be explained later" you call it a mistake or a plot hole? Worse yet, you put the burden of proof on me, when you are making a claim that has not been established in the manga.

You obviously aren't going to budge on this so I'll bow out here. But whatever... continue believing you know more about zetsu's than the author of the manga.

Last edited:

Rikud0 Sennin

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No... no it's not. Water isn't a living organism nor a sentient being.

No... Black Zetrsu is a Zetsu, he's just a different type of zetsu than White Zetsu. How do you know he didn't take over a dead zetsu body and just split off the 2nd half, just like he did with the original Zetsu? Furthermore where do you think that original scarred 2nd half came from, if Black Zetsu didn't generate it? Where did it go when Black Zetsu merged with Obito, if it wasn't part of him?

You're entire argument is based off 2 pictures and ignores every thing we know about Zetsu before and after it. So instead of saying "oh well I don't get this" or "I'll wait to see if it will be explained later" you call it a mistake or a plot hole? Worse yet, you put the burden of proof on me, when you are making a claim that has not been established in the manga.

You obviously aren't going to budge on this so I'll bow out here. But whatever... continue believing you know more about zetsu's than the author of the manga.
When black zetsu origonally split from white zetsu, he actually didnt... White zetsu split himself in half and regenerated a leg on both halves. Black zetsu is not a zetsu. He simply is black goo that shares a mind with Madara. His only power is to latch to a host and control it when it wants to. The wood release that it showed earlier was from the zetsu body that it was controlling.

Why would he split off half the dead zetsu if that just inhibits his power?

The zetsu body just merged with obito along with black zetsu (probably)

My argument with you (which isn't even the point of this thread) is not based off of just two pictures. Do you Remember how Black Zetsu was made? Madara just put his arm up at a zetsu, and black stuff formed of zetsu's body. Black zetsu did not come from the gedo mazou, or more specifically Hashirama's living clone. It does not share DNA with zetsu at all. It came directly from Madara. Think of it as a parasite that can control the being it is attached to.

Sorry, but your'e wrong about this man. Black zetsu isnt even a zetsu.

Last edited:

Ero sennin jiraiya

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When black zetsu origonally split from white zetsu, he actually didnt... White zetsu split himself in half and regenerated a leg on both halves. Black zetsu is not a zetsu. He simply is black goo that shares a mind with Madara. His only power is to latch to a host and control it when it wants to. The wood release that it showed earlier was from the zetsu body that it was controlling.

Why would he split off half the dead zetsu if that just inhibits his power?

The zetsu body just merged with obito along with black zetsu (probably)

My argument with you (which isn't even the point of this thread) is not based off of just two pictures. Do you Remember how Black Zetsu was made? Madara just put his arm up at a zetsu, and black stuff formed of zetsu's body. Black zetsu did not come from the gedo mazou, or more specifically Hashirama's living clone. It does not share DNA with zetsu at all. It came directly from Madara. Think of it as a parasite that can control the being it is attached to.

Sorry, but your'e wrong about this man. Black zetsu isnt even a zetsu.
Nowhere in the manga does it say that black Zetsu isn't capable of wood release on his own and technically isn't a zetsu. We've only even seen him possess one person and you're already saying he can possibly do it to anyone.

While I'm not denying this, it certainly isnt confirmed yet. Obito is partially made of white zetsu. That is obviously why Black Zetsu is able to control his body while he's weak, considering black zetsu is just white zetsu with Madara's will.

You can't just decide that black Zetsu technically isn't a Zetsu because it fits your theory better. Not sound logic at all.

When Madara "made" black Zetsu he simply infused half of a white Zetsu's body with his will. This means that Black Zetsu is indeed a Zetsu. He's literally made of the same stuff, what makes him different is that he's infused with Madara's will. The white Zetsu whom he was infused in personality remained in tact while he shared his body with Madara's will. Black Zetsu is black because of Madara's will not because he isn't created from the gedo mazo like every other Zetsu.

Pretty sure he's called black ZETSU for a reason.

Rikud0 Sennin

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nowhere in the manga does it say that black Zetsu isn't capable of wood release on his own and technically isn't a zetsu. We've only even seen him possess one person and you're already saying he can possibly do it to anyone.

While I'm not denying this, it certainly isnt confirmed yet. Obito is partially made of white zetsu. That is obviously why Black Zetsu is able to control his body while he's weak, considering black zetsu is just white zetsu with Madara's will.

You can't just decide that black Zetsu technically isn't a Zetsu because it fits your theory better. Not sound logic at all.

When Madara "made" black Zetsu he simply infused half of a white Zetsu's body with his will. This means that Black Zetsu is indeed a Zetsu. He's literally made of the same stuff, what makes him different is that he's infused with Madara's will. The white Zetsu whom he was infused in personality remained in tact while he shared his body with Madara's will. Black Zetsu is black because of Madara's will not because he isn't created from the gedo mazo like every other Zetsu.

Pretty sure he's called black ZETSU for a reason.
He isn't made out of the same genetic makeup as a zetsu. That would be a disaster for the shinobi force if it was true. He was not created from the gedo mazou, with hashirama's clone as a surroget. The zetsu that madara used to make black zetsu was full bodied and missing part of its face. The black goo just covered half the body. There was no fusion of dna, otherwise black zetsu would not be able to detach himself from zetsu. If he was made out of the same thing as all the other zetsus, then a good portion would still be alive.

No zetsu has been shown to turn into a liquid like material, like what happened last chapter.

But I don't really feel like backing this up further. I've gotten what I wanted out of this thread, and my phone is dieing. Sorry for making you mad, but honestly, only a small number of the replys were on topic. So whatever. Peace. Have a nice afternoon