5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"The Scales Of Justice"

Black Clover Manga Chapter 217 Discussion and 218 Predictions

Discuss Black Clover Manga 217 here and predict the next chapter, Black Clover Manga 218

BEGIN READING BLACK CLOVER NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That went down too fast... Handcuff, kangaroo court, blackmail, to black form...

Damntio whispering to Asta to take the fall outright or watch his friends die - this is the point where we start sympathizing with cause of Gueldre and Revchi. -_-

Julius lost his clout with royal family by loosing his powers. But I hope he didn't throw Asta under the bus to save William.I don't think Asta is going to die but Damntio may try to put him in a cell, steal his grimoire or try to kill him for it. Asta may end up being on the run at this rate.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That went down too fast... Handcuff, kangaroo court, blackmail, to black form...

Damntio whispering to Asta to take the fall outright or watch his friends die - this is the point where we start sympathizing with cause of Gueldre and Revchi. -_-

Julius lost his clout with royal family by loosing his powers. But I hope he didn't throw Asta under the bus to save William.I don't think Asta is going to die but Damntio may try to put him in a cell, steal his grimoire or try to kill him for it. Asta may end up being on the run at this rate.
I'm opting more for the idea that this meant to set-up a plot line that revolves around who is going to become the next Magic Emperor. I mean they are highly vulnerable right now, so their highest priority should be consolidating their military power and that pretty much comes down to selecting a new Magic Emperor. And the two most likely candidates are: Fuego and Nozel and I can't imagine either of them agreeing to this farce as they are effectively diminishing their own military force for no reason.

Can't see Leona, Leopold, Noelle or Mimosa letting this slide either. If that many members of the royal family are against this trial, well they might put enough pressure to let Aster go free. That's why I believe this trial is meant to introduce the political power struggle that will ensue after Julius' abdication and the near-destruction of the kingdom.

The potential direction of Aster having to flee would give the story a completely different dynamic and I'm honestly not really keen on that idea.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm opting more for the idea that this meant to set-up a plot line that revolves around who is going to become the next Magic Emperor. I mean they are highly vulnerable right now, so their highest priority should be consolidating their military power and that pretty much comes down to selecting a new Magic Emperor. And the two most likely candidates are: Fuego and Nozel and I can't imagine either of them agreeing to this farce as they are effectively diminishing their own military force for no reason.

Can't see Leona, Leopold, Noelle or Mimosa letting this slide either. If that many members of the royal family are against this trial, well they might put enough pressure to let Aster go free. That's why I believe this trial is meant to introduce the political power struggle that will ensue after Julius' abdication and the near-destruction of the kingdom.

The potential direction of Aster having to flee would give the story a completely different dynamic and I'm honestly not really keen on that idea.
:v: I agree with you that it could very well be about fight for control or power and WE position. But I'm not sure how much say Silva and Leon etc have right now. King was named Augustus Kira clover XIII so I think Kira is the main royal family and other are branches.

Damntio certainly figured out the whole story and had assessed Asta's disposition correctly. He is killing two birds with one stone by blaming Asta. This way he gets to save vanity of elite royals who are reluctant to acknowledge that two kids from the slums along with their misfit magic squad, saved their hide. At the same time they can blame Julius for letting a devil boy become a magic knight and cause damage to the kingdom.

Silva and Leon maybe in the same boat as Julius. Julius wishes to save William and Kira still want someone on trial and put blame on to for the mess. It's not just Julius's failure but all of them collectively failed in identifying William timely to stop the devil. Then they had to rely on another devil and elves to solve the issue. It makes them appear weak in public.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:v: I agree with you that it could very well be about fight for control or power and WE position. But I'm not sure how much say Silva and Leon etc have right now. King was named Augustus Kira clover XIII so I think Kira is the main royal family and other are branches.

Damntio certainly figured out the whole story and had assessed Asta's disposition correctly. He is killing two birds with one stone by blaming Asta. This way he gets to save vanity of elite royals who are reluctant to acknowledge that two kids from the slums along with their misfit magic squad, saved their hide. At the same time they can blame Julius for letting a devil boy become a magic knight and cause damage to the kingdom.

Silva and Leon maybe in the same boat as Julius. Julius wishes to save William and Kira still want someone on trial and put blame on to for the mess. It's not just Julius's failure but all of them collectively failed in identifying William timely to stop the devil. Then they had to rely on another devil and elves to solve the issue. It makes them appear weak in public.
It has never been explained how exactly the monarchy works, but considering they like to emphasis on how they're all royalty, I think it's either turn-based (each branch can provide a new monarch in a defined order) or one is elected each time from all the royal families. And honestly it feels that the king is somewhat of a figurehead either way.

I find it striking that both Nozel and Fuego (and Leopold) all aim for the position of Magic Emperor and don't seem to care about the King whatsoever. Additionally that position seems to be much more popular with the common people. Also concerning military affairs the Magic Emperor is equal to the king (if not higher). Both Nozel and Fuego also have shown to be responsible types. Nozel might possess the standard royal arrogance, but he did admit that during the first attack on the capital when he got teleported away that if Aster's is a disgrace, they're even lower for not being there in the first place.

So from the point of view of most captains I don't think they are the types to use Aster as scapegoat purely to save their own faces. Especially seen the current circumstances where Aster's power can be extremely useful. In the end it are just the backseat aristocrats who try to save face, which is in comparison almost laughable and I wonder if they have what it takes to fend of the immense pressure of multiple captains.

Status
Not open for further replies.