Kagutsuchi

Legendary
Kin
54💸
Kumi
1,235💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Licht claimed the grimoire Asta used, belonged to his master and was quite annoyed. He himself uses a four leaf clover grimoire just like Yuno, so I suppose five clover one is the only unique one.

As to who is Licht's master - very likely some elf Elder who originally used the anti magic weapons or the one who is declared to be the demon.
There were 2 instances if I can remember where people Identified the 5 Clover Grimoire
One was by Licht and Other one was Witch Queen.
and Indeed, I believe they'll me more 4 leaf Clover Grimoire but Asta's would be Unique.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There were 2 instances if I can remember where people Identified the 5 Clover Grimoire
One was by Licht and Other one was Witch Queen.
and Indeed, I believe they'll me more 4 leaf Clover Grimoire but Asta's would be Unique.

Witch queen recognized the sword. She may or may not have noticed the grimoire. But yea she and Licht are only two people so far who openly commented about the connection with the original user.

The old guy in the grimoire ceremony back in Asta's village checked the grimoire and seem to recall information about 5 clover but didn't say anything overtly. The robber who tried to steal Yuno's grimoire and was the first one to get hit by Asta's sword probably did so. The Magic Emp probably noticed it but he didn't make any comment. In the anime William Vangeance seem to notice it during the MK selection when he took it out to fight Sekke.

Otherwise it's too dirty & tattered and people don't pay attention to it.

Last edited:

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Watch when that 5 Clover Grimoire is some kind of reincarnation or has some connection with the demon which attacked the city in first chapters.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I just finished the Manga in 24 hours.
Are there any theories as to whom the Five clover Grimoire belongs to ?
Licht claimed the grimoire Asta used, belonged to his master and was quite annoyed. He himself uses a four leaf clover grimoire just like Yuno, so I suppose five clover one is the only unique one.

As to who is Licht's master - very likely some elf Elder who originally used the anti magic weapons or the one who is declared to be the demon.
The bits and pieced of information are fragmented and even the character themselves don't seem to be putting them together, which makes it quite hard to interpret them as the contextual frame is largely missing.

The story goes like this: a group of demon-worshippers released a demonic god onto the world, which consequently was beaten by the first Sorcery Emperor who had a 4-leaf clover. Now these worshippers seem to be referring to the elves and the Witch Queen confirmed that the elder of the Elf Tribe was the one who released the demon and who once wielded Aster's two magic swords. Licht then said that those swords originally belonged to a precious someone of his (most likely the elder) and that he recognized the grimoire.

Now it's unclear whether the grimoire and swords are two individual things that happen to be together or that they always were a set. It's also unclear whether that demon is now inside the swords or the grimoire. It's peculiar though that Light is boasting how he is loved by mana, while he mocks Aster for having none, but claims that the Elder of his tribe wielded them previously. How he could such a person with tons of mana be able to wield a mana-sucking sword?

I also always found it weird that the first three leaves of the clover represent love, faith and hope, the fourth one fortune and this while the fifth one represents a demon? That's completely different. The other four are abstract concepts, while a demon is something rather concrete. Now what if that 5-leaf grimoire was specifically meant to summon that demon, which was considered to be forbidden magic and thus possibly restricted? This would explain why few people seem to recognize it and how it houses a demon. And what if due to the demon being summoned by the same person who wielded those swords, the two somehow got jumbled together and even mutated?

Additionally one of the two swords was found in a dungeon, while both of them have clover-ornementation and that's really odd. I mean why is the White Demon Eye so obsessed with the Clover Kingdom and not with the other ones? They are humans as well. Now what if it were the elves who gave the leaves of the clover those meanings and had a culture where the clover was an important symbol? That would explain some anomalies.

Now two different things just dawned to me:

1) Licht doesn't have pointy ears, but he does have them in his flashback. It's possible he just altered his appearance to look less conspicuous, but that doesn't really seem to fit his personality. Now we know that Fana had some other personality or whatever inside her body. So maybe this is also the case for Light? That they have been hopping from body to body and that after a while the bodies take on their original appearance, but not entirely?

2) This is something that I only noticed in the TV series: Yuno's pendant is quite prominent. In the manga only in the first two chapters you see that he is wearing something and you then get a small flash-back about that pendant. I always thought this pendant was merely used as a shallow plot-item to use as a basis for the Yuno-Aster rivalry and that by having them repeat that promise in the present, the pendant didn't have any function anymore and thus forgotten.

But I started thinking, there's still one jewel unaccounted for...so what if that's Yuno's pendant? In particular the symbols on it remind me of Aster's swords, though this only becomes clear in the TV series. According to the Witch Queen these jewels are meant to reinforce ones magic power, but it doesn't work that efficiently as only the Elves now how to optimize it. So could it be that one of the reasons Yuno has so much mana is because he has been exposed to it his entire life and that it was quite effective due to him having some elfish heritage?

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The bits and pieced of information are fragmented and even the character themselves don't seem to be putting them together, which makes it quite hard to interpret them as the contextual frame is largely missing.

The story goes like this: a group of demon-worshippers released a demonic god onto the world, which consequently was beaten by the first Sorcery Emperor who had a 4-leaf clover. Now these worshippers seem to be referring to the elves and the Witch Queen confirmed that the elder of the Elf Tribe was the one who released the demon and who once wielded Aster's two magic swords. Licht then said that those swords originally belonged to a precious someone of his (most likely the elder) and that he recognized the grimoire.

Now it's unclear whether the grimoire and swords are two individual things that happen to be together or that they always were a set. It's also unclear whether that demon is now inside the swords or the grimoire. It's peculiar though that Light is boasting how he is loved by mana, while he mocks Aster for having none, but claims that the Elder of his tribe wielded them previously. How he could such a person with tons of mana be able to wield a mana-sucking sword?

I also always found it weird that the first three leaves of the clover represent love, faith and hope, the fourth one fortune and this while the fifth one represents a demon? That's completely different. The other four are abstract concepts, while a demon is something rather concrete. Now what if that 5-leaf grimoire was specifically meant to summon that demon, which was considered to be forbidden magic and thus possibly restricted? This would explain why few people seem to recognize it and how it houses a demon. And what if due to the demon being summoned by the same person who wielded those swords, the two somehow got jumbled together and even mutated?

Additionally one of the two swords was found in a dungeon, while both of them have clover-ornementation and that's really odd. I mean why is the White Demon Eye so obsessed with the Clover Kingdom and not with the other ones? They are humans as well. Now what if it were the elves who gave the leaves of the clover those meanings and had a culture where the clover was an important symbol? That would explain some anomalies.

1) Licht doesn't have pointy ears, but he does have them in his flashback. It's possible he just altered his appearance to look less conspicuous, but that doesn't really seem to fit his personality. Now we know that Fana had some other personality or whatever inside her body. So maybe this is also the case for Light? That they have been hopping from body to body and that after a while the bodies take on their original appearance, but not entirely?

2) This is something that I only noticed in the TV series: Yuno's pendant is quite prominent. In the manga only in the first two chapters you see that he is wearing something and you then get a small flash-back about that pendant. I always thought this pendant was merely used as a shallow plot-item to use as a basis for the Yuno-Aster rivalry and that by having them repeat that promise in the present, the pendant didn't have any function anymore and thus forgotten.

But I started thinking, there's still one jewel unaccounted for...so what if that's Yuno's pendant? In particular the symbols on it remind me of Aster's swords, though this only becomes clear in the TV series. According to the Witch Queen these jewels are meant to reinforce ones magic power, but it doesn't work that efficiently as only the Elves now how to optimize it. So could it be that one of the reasons Yuno has so much mana is because he has been exposed to it his entire life and that it was quite effective due to him having some elfish heritage?
I feel like that pedant will be a plot device for where Yuno comes from.I think that would be such a waste of opportunity if it isn't used like that.

I also feel if Yuno had Elfish heritage then the 5 grimoire would come to him? Unless Mangaka wanted to make it that Yuno stops that Elfish nonsense to make Yuno as an exception.

Aka Yuno stopping the sword(grimoire?!?!) which came from Demon wokshipers with it's counterpart(?!?!?!) 4 leaf clover?

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I feel like that pedant will be a plot device for where Yuno comes from.I think that would be such a waste of opportunity if it isn't used like that.

I also feel if Yuno had Elfish heritage then the 5 grimoire would come to him? Unless Mangaka wanted to make it that Yuno stops that Elfish nonsense to make Yuno as an exception.

Aka Yuno stopping the sword(grimoire?!?!) which came from Demon wokshipers with it's counterpart(?!?!?!) 4 leaf clover?
The legendary first Sorcery Emperor had a 4-leaf grimoire and Licht likewise has a 4-leaf, so albeit rare I doubt this has anything to do with being a counterpart. I mean Yuno uses wind-magic.

Grimoires can only be used by the one it has chosen and Vet was affected by the sword when he got stabbed, so elves don't seem to be able to wield those swords and it's unclear whether the swords and grimoire are a set or not. These are some of the anomalies I mentioned before, but assuming they are together, well that doesn't mean they owe the Elf Tribe allegiance. It could be that the Elder was simply the previous owner the grimoire choose and that he coincidently was an Elf.

You could also reason whether the demon has any kind of friendly feelings towards elves. I mean he's supposed to be a demon-god and then gets summoned to do the bidding of some elves? And gets even destroyed by it? He might as well have a grudge agains them. So Yuno having some elf blood doesn't seem to be relevant on that part.

In fact it's even unclear how that grimoire ended up in a library at the edge of the kingdom, though this might be do to the fact that it was there that the demon got destroyed.

And the reason why Aster was chosen seems simple: he is the only one who can wield it. The only time when we saw the demon saying anything, he said he wanted Aster's body.

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
And also what about Nero, The Anti-Magic Bird that sticks to Aster and watching over him?!. I find it peculiar that why an Anti-Bird sticking to Aster like that!. It is like his actions are being monitored or else!. I don't think that Nero is only sticking to Aster because he has no mana. But Anti-Birds do have affinity to the users with very low/low mana too!. There might be much more to it!.

Isn't Yuno's Four Leaf Clover is a special one as it was once held by the First Sorcery Emperor who defeated the Demon?!. Yeah as far as Manga portrayal goes.... more like Aster's Grimoire is a Demon entity!. . And also observe the Black stains/marks on the Sword!. What I am trying to connect is..... the Grimoire is where the Demon was sealed into!. And the Anti-Magic Swords are the ones which is holding the Demon from getting back again!. To just confuse even more...... the Japanese romaji for English Translated Anti-Magic Weapon is Danma no Tsurugi (Demon Slayer Sword) and Shukuma no Tsurugi (Demon Dweller Sword).. lit. Demon Swords?!!.

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The legendary first Sorcery Emperor had a 4-leaf grimoire and Licht likewise has a 4-leaf, so albeit rare I doubt this has anything to do with being a counterpart. I mean Yuno uses wind-magic.

Grimoires can only be used by the one it has chosen and Vet was affected by the sword when he got stabbed, so elves don't seem to be able to wield those swords and it's unclear whether the swords and grimoire are a set or not. These are some of the anomalies I mentioned before, but assuming they are together, well that doesn't mean they owe the Elf Tribe allegiance. It could be that the Elder was simply the previous owner the grimoire choose and that he coincidently was an Elf.

You could also reason whether the demon has any kind of friendly feelings towards elves. I mean he's supposed to be a demon-god and then gets summoned to do the bidding of some elves? And gets even destroyed by it? He might as well have a grudge agains them. So Yuno having some elf blood doesn't seem to be relevant on that part.

In fact it's even unclear how that grimoire ended up in a library at the edge of the kingdom, though this might be do to the fact that it was there that the demon got destroyed.

And the reason why Aster was chosen seems simple: he is the only one who can wield it. The only time when we saw the demon saying anything, he said he wanted Aster's body.
yeah but the way mangaka portrayed Yuno's and Asta's new demon and fairy mode? the wings? looks way to similar if you get what I'm saying.

You must be registered for see images

The counter side wings? just looks IMO so obvious that mangaka is trying to create a counterpart to these 2 grimoires? even though I think which is my bias that Asta's would always be stronger.

Maybe there are different forms of 4 clovers? Maybe the spells aren't the same? Surely there can't be same grimoires!?

So if Elder could wield it why wouldn't other elfs be able to? unless that Elder also didn't have magic.

And also what about Nero, The Anti-Magic Bird that sticks to Aster and watching over him?!. I find it peculiar that why an Anti-Bird sticking to Aster like that!. It is like his actions are being monitored or else!. I don't think that Nero is only sticking to Aster because he has no mana. But Anti-Birds do have affinity to the users with very low/low mana too!. There might be much more to it!.

Isn't Yuno's Four Leaf Clover is a special one as it was once held by the First Sorcery Emperor who defeated the Demon?!. Yeah as far as Manga portrayal goes.... more like Aster's Grimoire is a Demon entity!. . And also observe the Black stains/marks on the Sword!. What I am trying to connect is..... the Grimoire is where the Demon was sealed into!. And the Anti-Magic Swords are the ones which is holding the Demon from getting back again!. To just confuse even more...... the Japanese romaji for English Translated Anti-Magic Weapon is Danma no Tsurugi (Demon Slayer Sword) and Shukuma no Tsurugi (Demon Dweller Sword).. lit. Demon Swords?!!.
I feel like that bird is just there as comic which will be with us whole manga without any importance.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Watch when that 5 Clover Grimoire is some kind of reincarnation or has some connection with the demon which attacked the city in first chapters.
Grimoires go to Grimoire Heaven till next candidate able to wield them is born. Asta's is dirty and tattered because, because of the demon dwelling in it, it was not allowed in the G Heaven . U_U :D

Or maybe the 'demon' didn't die and was only imprisoned in the sword so the grimoire couldn't vanish and return to the library and that's why it's so dirty and tattered- lying in the ruins where demon's physical body lay wasted. When Asta came near it, it found someone who could wield it again and came to him. Or the elf elder soul decided to give it up to Asta recognizing his spirit.

Yuno's pendent + 4clover and William showing special interest: " we need him to grow stronger"

About Licht's comment regarding manna : Elf Elder may have been been able to master the swords and demon residing in it fully to not affect him negatively. In contrast Asta is able to wield them simply by not having any magic but physical strength only.

As for the swords - they ought to be a set but the grimoire comes with single inscription only, so may be Asta needed prove himself before getting the whole set? Magic emperor probably guessed that Asta could get hold of the second one. Though I may be giving him more credit than he deserves, still he knew that they would be facing stronger opponent but didn't send backup. Later on most of the treasure was lost but the wind spirit or sword that Asta picked. Yer he seemed satisfied with the outcome.

Clover kingdom is certainly at a main party of the conflict- the demon's skeleton is in it's border village. The sword was again in a border side village so was one of the stones. Licht implied that his conflict was with Clover to which Yami won't understand being a foreigner.

Maybe elves do not die just because their bodies die and spirits can move to new bodies and William was able to fool Yami because he was not channeling Licht at the time.

We know- grimoire comes with a single magic and rest of the pages are filled only if the mage is able to advance or gain ability for more spells. So it may not matter whether Yuno's 4 leaf is counter to Asta but that he is developing it specifically with Asta in mind that it may become the counter part in some way. But of course, it may also be the aura of the first elder. Then there is his pendent with special design.

Licht may have been right that the humans attacked elves because someone influential was either jealous of them or Licht in particular (the kind of Clover kingdom?) or afraid of their power. The elf leader lost to the demonic side when fighting back in anger and demon took over his body with full transformation or he summoned it even at that cost- leading to the first magic emperor facing him and sealing him back in his own sword or killing him in the process. That may also be the reason why Licht felt the betrayed so badly- his friend was the one to finish his dear master t save humans.

Last edited:

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Grimoires go to Grimoire Heaven till next candidate able to wield them is born. Asta's is dirty and tattered because, because of the demon dwelling in it, it was not allowed in the G Heaven . U_U :D

Or maybe the 'demon' didn't die and was only imprisoned in the sword so the grimoire couldn't vanish and return to the library and that's why it's so dirty and tattered- lying in the ruins where demon's physical body lay wasted. When Asta came near it, it found someone who could wield it again and came to him. Or the elf elder soul decided to give it up to Asta recognizing his spirit.

Yuno's pendent + 4clover and William showing special interest: " we need him to grow stronger"

About Licht's comment regarding manna : Elf Elder may have been been able to master the swords and demon residing in it fully to not affect him negatively. In contrast Asta is able to wield them simply by not having any magic but physical strength only.

As for the swords - they ought to be a set but the grimoire comes with single inscription only, so may be Asta needed prove himself before getting the whole set? Magic emperor probably guessed that Asta could get hold of the second one. Though I may be giving him more credit than he deserves, still he knew that they would be facing stronger opponent but didn't send backup. Later on most of the treasure was lost but the wind spirit or sword that Asta picked. Yer he seemed satisfied with the outcome.

Clover kingdom is certainly at a main party of the conflict- the demon's skeleton is in it's border village. The sword was again in a border side village so was one of the stones. Licht implied that his conflict was with Clover to which Yami won't understand being a foreigner.

Maybe elves do not die just because their bodies die and spirits can move to new bodies and William was able to fool Yami because he was not channeling Licht at the time.

We know- grimoire comes with a single magic and rest of the pages are filled only if the mage is able to advance or gain ability for more spells. So it may not matter whether Yuno's 4 leaf is counter to Asta but that he is developing it specifically with Asta in mind that it may become the counter part in some way. But of course, it may also be the aura of the first elder. Then there is his pendent with special design.

Licht may have been right that the humans attacked elves because someone influential was either jealous of them or Licht in particular (the kind of Clover kingdom?) or afraid of their power. The elf leader lost to the demonic side when fighting back in anger and demon took over his body with full transformation or he summoned it even at that cost- leading to the first magic emperor facing him and sealing him back in his own sword or killing him in the process. That may also be the reason why Licht felt the betrayed so badly- his friend was the one to finish his dear master t save humans.
I hear about demon "sealed" in the sword very much,I just find it interesting how that Grimoire of Asta can take the control of him? Has that ever happened? Like Kurama in Naruto,watch when every time Asta uses the sword,a little piece of demons soul go into Asta.

IMO mangaka is aiming for that juicy Asta vs Yuno in the end xd

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yeah but the way mangaka portrayed Yuno's and Asta's new demon and fairy mode? the wings? looks way to similar if you get what I'm saying.

The counter side wings? just looks IMO so obvious that mangaka is trying to create a counterpart to these 2 grimoires? even though I think which is my bias that Asta's would always be stronger.

Maybe there are different forms of 4 clovers? Maybe the spells aren't the same? Surely there can't be same grimoires!?

So if Elder could wield it why wouldn't other elfs be able to? unless that Elder also didn't have magic.

I feel like that bird is just there as comic which will be with us whole manga without any importance.
That's the symbolism between the two characters, however that doesn't make the four-leaf clover itself a counter to the 5-leaf clover. Aster and Yuno being each other opposites doesn't mean that a 4-leaf grimoire inherently is some kind of natural counter to a 5-leaf grimoire. There's a difference there.

4 leaves are 4 leaves. People can already use magic before they have grimoires, however these are vital to truly learn and master their magic. Essentially a grimoire is a boosting tool, but again Aster seems to be the sole exception. Yuno's grimoire is rare, but not weird. Aster's however is an enigma.

The fact that they keep saying that the objects belong to a specific individual, pretty much means that they are solely identified with that person, which can imply that only he could use them. Also Vet was stabbed by one of the swords, it drained is mana and it took hell of a lot of effort to pull it out again. Licht then got hit once by the other sword and he was affected by it like any other person. How it is then that the elder was able to wield them, is one of the questions I mentioned myself in one of my previous posts.

Personally I believe that there's more to this bird. Similar the the pedant, Nero is more prominent in the TV series. In the manga it's implied he stuck to Aster after the exam, however in the series he's already shown before that. Putting aside that Nero is quite intelligent, he somehow always finds those magic stones and the Witch Queen gave him quite a peculiar look.

You can say a lot of things about Julius, but that the was expecting Aster to find the 2nd sword in that dungeon seems unlikely. There were two Clover squads in the dungeon, so back-up shouldn't have been necessary and they obtained one of the four elemental spirits. That alone should have been enough to call the mission a success.

And who knows what happened? Currently this is a archetypical conflict where both parties blame each other. The Clover Kingdom says the elves wanted to destroy the world while they claim that they were attacked because humans were envious and scared of their power.

Last edited: