Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This first post will be the only long one, so bear with me.

Here's the link to the approval of the clan: https://animebase.me/threads/custom-clans-submission.27962/page-3#post-20622886

Add that link to your custom thread at the top of a new post so that you can easily access it. You'll be editing the custom clan jutsu into that post as you learn them.

We're gonna handle this training in a really straightforward way. For each spell, I'm going to explain how it works and what it does to you, then ask you a question or two on it to make sure you read both the spell and my explanation, and that you'll understand how to use it in a fight. If you have any questions on ability usages, ask here. If you have a question later on about something, shoot me, LoK, or one of the other heads of houses (Riker, Vex, Detective L) a DM on discord.

I'm only going to be explaining the perks that a 7th year/full wizard has to save time. Refrain from using these spells in your official fights until I inform you that you're now a 7th year. It won't take long.

To start, I'll explain our passive ability: wands.

Wands are the most effective way to channel both magic and ninjutsu for any wizard. As a full wizard, you're able to use your wand to perform all spells by saying their incantation and performing a wand movement, and all ninjutsu by saying the name of the element, followed by mahou, and a wand movement. "Doton Mahou", would be an example of the latter. This basically amounts to being able to perform all elements you have access to with no hand seals.

The exception to this is what your wand specializes in. Each wand has an element and school of magic which can be performed without the need for incantation, according to what materials compose its core and wood. Check the thread I linked for a chart for which cores/woods correspond to which elements.
  • Can you use your wand to perform spells/ninjutsu while in a genjutsu that paralyzes your body?
  • What elements are you personally able to use without the need for an incantation?

Reactions: JojocIaw

JojocIaw

Elite
Kin
1,905💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
30⚔️
Awards
This first post will be the only long one, so bear with me.

Here's the link to the approval of the clan: https://animebase.me/threads/custom-clans-submission.27962/page-3#post-20622886

Add that link to your custom thread at the top of a new post so that you can easily access it. You'll be editing the custom clan jutsu into that post as you learn them.

We're gonna handle this training in a really straightforward way. For each spell, I'm going to explain how it works and what it does to you, then ask you a question or two on it to make sure you read both the spell and my explanation, and that you'll understand how to use it in a fight. If you have any questions on ability usages, ask here. If you have a question later on about something, shoot me, LoK, or one of the other heads of houses (Riker, Vex, Detective L) a DM on discord.

I'm only going to be explaining the perks that a 7th year/full wizard has to save time. Refrain from using these spells in your official fights until I inform you that you're now a 7th year. It won't take long.

To start, I'll explain our passive ability: wands.

Wands are the most effective way to channel both magic and ninjutsu for any wizard. As a full wizard, you're able to use your wand to perform all spells by saying their incantation and performing a wand movement, and all ninjutsu by saying the name of the element, followed by mahou, and a wand movement. "Doton Mahou", would be an example of the latter. This basically amounts to being able to perform all elements you have access to with no hand seals.

The exception to this is what your wand specializes in. Each wand has an element and school of magic which can be performed without the need for incantation, according to what materials compose its core and wood. Check the thread I linked for a chart for which cores/woods correspond to which elements.
  • Can you use your wand to perform spells/ninjutsu while in a genjutsu that paralyzes your body?
  • What elements are you personally able to use without the need for an incantation?
1. According to what you said, we need wand movement to use it so no? also if we paralyzed can we even speak? We shouldn't be able to move our mouths.

2. And it depends on the wand type that i pick. I have to repick a wand later on

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. According to what you said, we need wand movement to use it so no? also if we paralyzed can we even speak? We shouldn't be able to move our mouths.

2. And it depends on the wand type that i pick. I have to repick a wand later on
Correct on both accounts. You need to be able to perform wand movements and move your mouth to perform most spells/ninjutsu. Full body paralysis is generally a good counter to kisei cuz of this. I recommend figuring out some good genjutsu release methods for yourself.

Moving on, we'll cover a couple Charms spells at a time until you have all of them.

Charms are basically just miscellaneous spells. This can range from hovering an object in the air, to causing it to explode.

( Miryoku ) - Charms
Type:Supplementary / Offensive / Defensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: 10-40
Damage: 20 - 80
Description: Charms are a set of spells that adds certain properties to an object or creature. Charms are distinguished from Transfigurations in that a charm adds or changes properties of an object; it focuses on altering what the object does as opposed to what the object is. Successful casting of a charm is achieved through concentration, precise wand movements, and the proper pronunciation of an incantation. When in use for nearly all spells, mahou used takes the form of a beam of energy that (if it successfully hits the target) begins to "bewitch" upon contact. Divided and taught at different Years, the basic of Charms start at simply levitation while the higher ranks create a very powerful shield. Unless specifically noted, all charms can extend up to long range.

D Rank

Levitation Charm: - Defensive
  • The Levitation Charm ( Wingardium Leviosa ) allows the user to target an object and lift it using mahou and chakra to do so. This allows even First years to lift items heavier then they normally would be able to. This allows the user to levitate and lift items in front of him should the need arise, proving him with either cover or a way to defend. Despite its strengths, however, the Levitation Charm has one notable flaw: it does not work on human beings. This can target items up to mid range away. It can't destroy or harm objects though it can be used to transform objects into projectiles. The object will leviate while focus is maintained preventing the use of simultaneous techniques.
C Rank

Disarming Charm: - Supplementary
  • The Disarming Charm ( Expelliarmus ) is a charm which forces the target to release whatever they were holding at the time. This happens by the wave hitting the target and triggers a "knee jerk" reaction on contact that causes a muscle spasm that releases the weapon. The Disarming Charm causes whatever an opponent is holding at the time to fly high out of their reach, landing 5 meters away. The Disarming Charm always appears as a jet of red light; indeed, this is one of the things that makes it recognisable before the effects of the charm are seen. This can be used up to mid range away from the user.
B Rank

Summoning Charm: - Supplementary
  • The Summoning Charm (Accio) was a charm that caused an object at a distance from the caster to fly into their arms. This spell needs thought behind it, the object must be clear in the caster's mind, before trying to summon. The charm works by the user targeting an object as he speaks and using his mahou to mark it and act as a beacon, the item honing in on the user's location. This spell needs thought behind it, the object must be clear in the caster’s mind, before trying to summon. Should an item be within long range, it will take 1 turn to arrive. Should it not be on the battlefield, it will take 2. Cannot be used on items fueled with foreign chakra. Cannot be used as a substitute to the various summoning techniques.
Banishing Charm: - Supplementary
  • The Banishing Charm (Depulso) is the counter-charm to the Summoning Charm. As Accio summons objects to the caster, Depulso sends objects away, backwards to mid range away. Unlike the Summoning Charm, which can summon specific objects from anywhere, the Banishing Charm banishes whatever the wand is aimed at. This works by creating a semi circle around the user, filling his short range radius as he wills it forward in the direction his wand is aimed, pushing outwards as it repels anything unranked or up to B rank, pushing it back with equal momentum as it possesses.
A Rank

Stunning Charm: - Offensive
  • The Stunning Spell (Stupefy), also known as a Stunner or Stupefying Charm is a charm that is able to cause direct injury on contact and produces a kinetic/physical impact on a target. Formed as a crimson jet of energy, the Stunning Spell is capable of causing A ranked damage to a foe it hits, causing them to get pushed backwards five meters with great force and cause nonfatal injuries. If this spell is used by multiple wizards aiming at the same target, the damage it causes is increased to to the point of becoming fatal if it hits. This can only be used once per turn with at least 1 turn in between usages. When used against other solids, it causes the objects targeted to burst, seemingly "exploding".
Human Presence Revealing Spell: - Supplementary
  • The Human-presence-revealing Spell ( Homenum Revelio ) is a charm which reveals human presences in the surrounding environment. The spell creates a quick, near instant burst of energy that doesn’t cause injury or any negative effects, being released as a “wave” of mahou that spreads the field near instantly, allowing the user to be given a mental map of every enemy (clones included but not summons or otherwise non ninjas/samurais) on the field in that instant. That awareness pertains to the "geographical position" of the enemies towards the user and it lasts 3 turns, allowing the user to keep track of enemies even if they move up to 3x their normal speed. If, after the charm is used, more enemies appear in the field, they will not be detected by the technique.
S Rank

Severing Charm: - Offensive/Defensive
  • The Severing Charm ( Diffindo ) is a charm used to precisely and accurately cut something. It is taught in second year charms classes, and if used inappropriately can cause death or injury. Appearing as a thin blue jet, the Severing Charm is able to cut through S rank jutsu and below, splitting the jutsu easily. It is capable of removing limbs and even causing death if used in an irresponsible way. This cannot be used in consecutive turns and only up to mid range. After using, the user cannot use S rank or baove charms for two turns and no other S rank charm on that same turn.
Bombardment: - Offensive/Defensive
  • Bombardment charm ( Bombarda ) is a charm used to provoke explosions; one use for this explosion is to blast open sealed doors or to blow bars off of windows. When the dark jet of energy make contact with an item, it causes a short range explosion, ripping the item to shreds if of S rank or lower. This allows the user to quickly release a burst of energy to destroy large attacks or to cause great damage to an opponent by creating an explosion on contact. This can only be used in mid or Long range and 3 times max. After usage, the user cannot use any S rank Charms the next turn and must wait two turns before reusing this.
Note: Nearly all Charms take the form of projectiles of mahou, and can be defended against like any other jutsu. For those that do not need to physically travel, their methods of defense varies based on the spell used. If the item targeted is within short range, the user is able to control said object nonverbally and without a wand as well. This can only be done by Year 6 and up Kisei.
Note: S rank applications are usable only by Year 5 Kisei and higher, A rank by Year 4, etc. .
Note: Specifical restrictions for each spell are listed in each’s description.
Note: Only usable by members of the Kisei clan.

We'll start with Wingardium Leviosa and Expelliarmus, two pretty famous spells.

• The Levitation Charm ( Wingardium Leviosa ) allows the user to target an object and lift it using mahou and chakra to do so. This allows even First years to lift items heavier then they normally would be able to. This allows the user to levitate and lift items in front of him should the need arise, proving him with either cover or a way to defend. Despite its strengths, however, the Levitation Charm has one notable flaw: it does not work on human beings. This can target items up to mid range away. It can't destroy or harm objects though it can be used to transform objects into projectiles. The object will leviate while focus is maintained preventing the use of simultaneous techniques.
This spell causes an object within mid range to spontaneously levitate into the air. This is quite useful for holding an object in stasis. There are however some big limitations. Not only can this not be used directly on humans, but forces greater than d-rank in strength will cancel out the levitation, so don't go using this to try and levitate an S rank that someone shoots at you. Furthermore, you have to maintain focus on the object you're levitating, meaning you can't use other jutsu while levitation is maintained.
1. How would you go about circumventing the rule about not levitating humans?
2. Does this spell have any travel time, or do you think it's instantaneous?

• The Disarming Charm ( Expelliarmus ) is a charm which forces the target to release whatever they were holding at the time. This happens by the wave hitting the target and triggers a "knee jerk" reaction on contact that causes a muscle spasm that releases the weapon. The Disarming Charm causes whatever an opponent is holding at the time to fly high out of their reach, landing 5 meters away. The Disarming Charm always appears as a jet of red light; indeed, this is one of the things that makes it recognisable before the effects of the charm are seen. This can be used up to mid range away from the user.
This spell shoots a jet of red light at a target. If it hits, the target is forced to release anything that it's holding in its hand. This will cause them to basically toss whatever they're holding 5 meters away from them as a result of a forced muscle spasm. It has a mid-range limitation.

3. What type of ability/custom do you think this spell is ideal for countering?

JojocIaw

Elite
Kin
1,905💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
30⚔️
Awards

1. You levitate an object while a person is on it. Like a piece of ground they standing on maybe?

2. I would assume this one is instant. I've seen techs that work instantly on objects but have restrictions against people. Since this is only for low ranking objects, i would assume its instant. (Instant not counting wand movement/Or saying the spell name)

3. I'd assume it counters kisei pretty well as well as any jutsu/abilities that require items to use

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. That would work if whatever they're standing on is loose off the ground, but a better way is to just use it on their clothes. Anybody wearing pants is vulnerable to being yanked up with this.

2. Yep.

3. Kisei especially. Also CW and Cali's custom mist swords.

• The Summoning Charm (Accio) was a charm that caused an object at a distance from the caster to fly into their arms. This spell needs thought behind it, the object must be clear in the caster's mind, before trying to summon. The charm works by the user targeting an object as he speaks and using his mahou to mark it and act as a beacon, the item honing in on the user's location. This spell needs thought behind it, the object must be clear in the caster’s mind, before trying to summon. Should an item be within long range, it will take 1 turn to arrive. Should it not be on the battlefield, it will take 2. Cannot be used on items fueled with foreign chakra. Cannot be used as a substitute to the various summoning techniques.
This spell functions very similarly to wingardium leviosa, except that it pulls objects towards you instead of up in the air. You can also use this from extremely long distances in the NW. It takes longer if you're using it on something off the battlefield, obviously.

1. Same question as before, how would you use this to circumnavigate the no humans (via no foreign chakra) rule?

• The Banishing Charm (Depulso) is the counter-charm to the Summoning Charm. As Accio summons objects to the caster, Depulso sends objects away, backwards to mid range away. Unlike the Summoning Charm, which can summon specific objects from anywhere, the Banishing Charm banishes whatever the wand is aimed at. This works by creating a semi circle around the user, filling his short range radius as he wills it forward in the direction his wand is aimed, pushing outwards as it repels anything unranked or up to B rank, pushing it back with equal momentum as it possesses.
And here we have a knockoff shinra tinsei. It repels objects within your short range radius in a direction of your choosing. This is limited, however, to objects of B rank and below, and also unranked objects. The actual distance they move is up to you, it just needs to be within a mid-range.

2. What exactly will happen if you use this in response to a B-Rank fireball that I shoot at you?

JojocIaw

Elite
Kin
1,905💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
30⚔️
Awards

1. I guess you could use their clothes, or loose objevts behind them to pull them towrds you.

2. Well with a fire ball i assume it gets dispelled? energy based attacks would be met and would Disapate (idk if i spelled that right), but solid objects would be fired back.

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. Correct. Using a strong attack from a clone or summon and pulling them into it with this spell is a good combo.
2. No, it'll repel the energy attacks as well. Anything B-rank or below with be pushed back at an equal speed to what it was moving.

• The Stunning Spell (Stupefy), also known as a Stunner or Stupefying Charm is a charm that is able to cause direct injury on contact and produces a kinetic/physical impact on a target. Formed as a crimson jet of energy, the Stunning Spell is capable of causing A ranked damage to a foe it hits, causing them to get pushed backwards five meters with great force and cause nonfatal injuries. If this spell is used by multiple wizards aiming at the same target, the damage it causes is increased to to the point of becoming fatal if it hits. This can only be used once per turn with at least 1 turn in between usages. When used against other solids, it causes the objects targeted to burst, seemingly "exploding".
This is a pretty generic spell that shoots a red jet of light carrying A rank energy. The only real advantage to this technique is how frequently you can use it.

1. What happens if you use this on a d-rank fist of rock someone just shot at you?

• The Human-presence-revealing Spell ( Homenum Revelio ) is a charm which reveals human presences in the surrounding environment. The spell creates a quick, near instant burst of energy that doesn’t cause injury or any negative effects, being released as a “wave” of mahou that spreads the field near instantly, allowing the user to be given a mental map of every enemy (clones included but not summons or otherwise non ninjas/samurais) on the field in that instant. That awareness pertains to the "geographical position" of the enemies towards the user and it lasts 3 turns, allowing the user to keep track of enemies even if they move up to 3x their normal speed. If, after the charm is used, more enemies appear in the field, they will not be detected by the technique.
This is basically our limited version of sensory. You shoot out a wave of energy that instantly covers the entire field, giving you a passive awareness of each bio or clone's position, and an enhanced tracking speed as well. It won't work on enemies who enter after the fight after you use this, so watch out for people sneaking a clone on you if you use this.

2. Would this allow you to be aware of a kunai someone behind you threw?

JojocIaw

Elite
Kin
1,905💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
30⚔️
Awards
ight so if it pushes even fireballs back, the opponent can get hit with their own attack? Thats wild cause if someone sends an attack, i counter, they would have to deal with their own attack.

1. The rock will explode i assume.

2. It won't work on the kunai.

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yes and yes. The rock explodes and the spell won't continue.

• The Severing Charm ( Diffindo ) is a charm used to precisely and accurately cut something. It is taught in second year charms classes, and if used inappropriately can cause death or injury. Appearing as a thin blue jet, the Severing Charm is able to cut through S rank jutsu and below, splitting the jutsu easily. It is capable of removing limbs and even causing death if used in an irresponsible way. This cannot be used in consecutive turns and only up to mid range. After using, the user cannot use S rank or baove charms for two turns and no other S rank charm on that same turn.
This is a high ranking precision attack. Using a blue jet of light, Diffindo lets you slice anything S rank and below with anything it comes into contact with. Pretty effective murder jutsu.

1. Would this be able to cut through an s-rank wall of lava with a +30 to its damage?

• Bombardment charm ( Bombarda ) is a charm used to provoke explosions; one use for this explosion is to blast open sealed doors or to blow bars off of windows. When the dark jet of energy make contact with an item, it causes a short range explosion, ripping the item to shreds if of S rank or lower. This allows the user to quickly release a burst of energy to destroy large attacks or to cause great damage to an opponent by creating an explosion on contact. This can only be used in mid or Long range and 3 times max. After usage, the user cannot use any S rank Charms the next turn and must wait two turns before reusing this.
Pretty hype, this shoots a jet of magic that provokes a short-range explosion on impact, causing it to be unusable within a short-range. Be wary of this because if you use it, an opponent may be able to intercept the beam while it's within a short-range of you, which would cause the technique to backfire.

2. Describe what happens if you use this and hit the center of an s-rank earth golem that is thirty meters tall.

JojocIaw

Elite
Kin
1,905💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
30⚔️
Awards

1. Yes because it works based off rank, not damage?

2. It would destroy it. The upper half would collapse and fall followed by the legs since its no longer alive. Or the legs would be left as pillars

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Correct on both accounts. That concludes charms. Review the full jutsu and the restrictions at the bottom and ask any questions you might have. We'll move on to Dark Arts at the same time.

( Kuro Mahou ) - Dark Arts
Type:
Supplementary / Offensive
Chakra: 20-40
Damage: 40 - 80
Description: The Dark Arts, also known as Dark Magic, refers to any type of magic that is mainly used to cause harm, control, or even death to the victim. The Dark Arts are not necessarily "evil", just because it's labelled "dark". While the Dark Arts have a bad reputation, overall, dark magic is not, by definition, "evil" magic. A Dark spell is primarily defined as any spell that consistently affects the object in a negative manner, usually associated with varying levels of discomfort.

Dark spells can be classified into three groups: jinxes, hexes, & curses. These groups form a hierarchy, with jinxes at the base, hexes in-between, and curses at the top. The further one ascends up this hierarchy, the more wicked, the stronger, the longer-lasting and the less reversible the Dark spell's effects appear to be.

B rank

Ebublio Jinx: - Supplementary
  • The Ebublio Jinx ( Ebublio ) is a jinx that entraps the target in a very large bubble that absorbs physical force, allowing it to survive attacks of equal rank and lower. Appearing as a brilliant purple jet of light accompanied by purple flame and smoke, when the spell lands a bubble rapidly expands from the point of contact to envelop the target. While it is able to absorb physical force, it is vulnerable to energy based attacks. If the item targeted is within short range, the user is able to create the bubble around said object nonverbally and without a wand.
Leg-Locker Jinx: - Supplementary
  • The Leg-Locker Jinx ( Locomotor Mortis ) is a hex that is used to bind the legs of the victim together. Similar to the Impediment Jinx, the Leg Lock Jinx renders the target's leg muscles to “freeze” up, preventing movement. In certain scenarios where the opponent is moving, by binding their legs, this jinx can cause them to fall over with great force from their momentum. The effects are short lasting, however, never lasting more than a single turn, and can be countered by overpowering it with raw physical power. The target can still mold chakra, however; it’s just that his muscles become unable to move
A rank

Flagrante Hex: - Supplementary/Offensive
  • The Flagrante Hex ( Flagrante ) is a Hex that causes objects to emit searing heat when touched. An object bewitched in this way will burn not only flesh, but material as well, causing second degree burns on contact and melting through bones within minutes. Protecting against this curse is difficult, as there are no outward signs of its use though once it's effects only apply to things it touches. This can be applied through direct contact with an object, hexing it and then removing contact with the object with it's effects being triggered or through release of a orange jet of energy. Year 6 and up Kisei are able to add the effects of Flagrante to other spells or jutsu remotely at the cost of a jutsu per turn and can only be done three times per fight. It can only be applied to techniques which physically travel (so not genjutsu) and only to techniques which can travel at speeds that can be reacted to (cannot be applied to hindering sound or anything instant). Can only be used overall 5 times, each with a turn break in between.
Reductor Hex: - Defensive/Offensive
  • The Reductor Hex ( Reducto ) is a hex that can be used to blast solid objects into pieces.This spell differs from Bombardment as Bombardment creates an explosion through force; Reductor insteads heats the object until expands through heat, reducing it's form into ashes, rapidly heating through and melting it as the heat causes the spontaneous combustion. This can only be used four times with a one turn break in between each use. This cannot be applied to the opponent's clothing or anything on their person.
S rank

Sectumsempra Curse: - Defensive/Offensive
  • Sectumsempra ( Sectumsempra ) is a curse whose effect is the equivalent of an "invisible" sword; it is used to slash the victim from a distance, causing rather deep wounds. The slash follows the user's wand movements to release a jet of black energy. The jet of energy travels from the wand, towards the intended target, and cuts into them to deal a deep wound upon contact. Due to the depths of the cut, the victim’s run the risk of dying from blood loss if medic treatment is not applied in time, if the wounds are not instantly fatal. Though the aforementioned medjutsu may heal the wounds and may prevent scars, any body parts that have been severed by this curse cannot be grown back ( a trait of dark magic's permanent effects ). This can only be used 4 times, each with a two turn usage limit in between uses. This also can only be used up to mid range, it's effectiveness and lethality raised through closeness. After using, the user cannot use S rank Dark Arts and higher next turn.
Crucio Curse: - Defensive/Offensive
  • The Cruciatus Curse ( Crucio ) is a curse and one of the most powerful and sinister spells known to wizardkind. When cast successfully, the curse inflicts intense, excruciating pain on the victim. To successfully perform this curse, merely uttering the incantation is not enough. The wizard or witch must possess a deep desire to cause the victim pain and strike the opponent with a red jet of energy. This curse seemingly targets specific parts of the opponent's brain when landed, overloading the pain receptors with intense and great unimaginable pain. This pain is so intense that the target cannot react rationally while under it's effects. In order to sustain the pain, the user cannot use any other jutsu or attacks while it's in use. Doing so will cause the curse to end, leaving the target aching but conscious. This can only be used 3 times, each with a two turn usage limit in between uses. This also can only be used up to mid range and no S rank Dark Arts and higher next turn.
Forbidden rank

Avada Kedavra: -Offensive
  • The Killing Curse ( Avada Kedavra ) is a curse and one of the most powerful and sinister spells known to wizardkind. When cast successfully on a living person or creature, the curse causes a quick, painless death, without any signs of violence on the outside body. This happens
    by the spell having being so comprised of mahou that when it strikes the opponent, it passes through the body, the energy destroying the heart on a cellular level while blasting them backwards 10 meters. However, one may dodge the green bolt or block it with a physical barrier of equal power. An explosion of green fire may result if the spell hits something other than a living target. The Avada Kedavra curse is recognizable by the flash of green light and the rushing noise emitted from the caster's wand. When the curse hits a living, organic target, it is capable of killing them without noticeable, outwards injury. However, when this curse hits an inanimate target, it produces short range greenish explosions of small fire. Can only be used twice per opponent, preventing usage for 3 turns after usage and no S rank and higher Dark Arts for two turns.
Note: Nearly all Dark Arts take the form of projectiles of mahou, and can be defended against like any other jutsu. For those that do not need to physically travel, their methods of defense varies based on the spell used.
Note: S rank applications are usable only by Year 5 Kisei and higher, A rank by Year 4, etc.
Note: Dark Wizards can use Hexes and Curses while Light Wizards can only use Jinxes.
Note: Specific restrictions for each spell are listed in each’s description.
Note: Only usable by members of the Kisei Clan.

Dark Arts are spells with the malicious intent to harm other people, and they have little use outside that purpose. For that reason, nearly all of these spells are offensive. The effects of a Dark Arts spell can range from having your legs locked together to excruciating pain.

Ebublio Jinx: - Supplementary
  • The Ebublio Jinx ( Ebublio ) is a jinx that entraps the target in a very large bubble that absorbs physical force, allowing it to survive attacks of equal rank and lower. Appearing as a brilliant purple jet of light accompanied by purple flame and smoke, when the spell lands a bubble rapidly expands from the point of contact to envelop the target. While it is able to absorb physical force, it is vulnerable to energy based attacks. If the item targeted is within short range, the user is able to create the bubble around said object nonverbally and without a wand.
This spell lets you create a bubble that acts like a shield. It only works on physical force, but can be created with no movement whatsoever if the target is within short range. Useful for a quick defense against physical attacks.

1. Ask a question about this jutsu.

Leg-Locker Jinx: - Supplementary
  • The Leg-Locker Jinx ( Locomotor Mortis ) is a hex that is used to bind the legs of the victim together. Similar to the Impediment Jinx, the Leg Lock Jinx renders the target's leg muscles to “freeze” up, preventing movement. In certain scenarios where the opponent is moving, by binding their legs, this jinx can cause them to fall over with great force from their momentum. The effects are short lasting, however, never lasting more than a single turn, and can be countered by overpowering it with raw physical power. The target can still mold chakra, however; it’s just that his muscles become unable to move
This jutsu's funny, as it's basically something you can use to trip anyone who's running. There's no beam necessary, so this just instantly locks their legs together indefinitely. If you catch someone trying to dodge, this can land a kill.

2. How do you think someone breaks out of these effects?

JojocIaw

Elite
Kin
1,905💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
30⚔️
Awards
Ebublio Jinx:

1. If it's vulnerable to energy attacks, does this mean the bubble instantly pops? Or does the energy technique go straight through? Or does energy techniques interact like the elemental jutsu where 1 gets weaker?

Leg-Locker Jinx:

2. Someone with like eig or a sakura bio can break it cause they physically strong? Or how does that work

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. Yeah, the spell's going to fail if it's hit by energy attacks.
2. No, a full body surge of equal rank or above breaks it.

Flagrante Hex: - Supplementary/Offensive
  • The Flagrante Hex ( Flagrante ) is a Hex that causes objects to emit searing heat when touched. An object bewitched in this way will burn not only flesh, but material as well, causing second degree burns on contact and melting through bones within minutes. Protecting against this curse is difficult, as there are no outward signs of its use though once it's effects only apply to things it touches. This can be applied through direct contact with an object, hexing it and then removing contact with the object with it's effects being triggered or through release of a orange jet of energy. Year 6 and up Kisei are able to add the effects of Flagrante to other spells or jutsu remotely at the cost of a jutsu per turn and can only be done three times per fight. It can only be applied to techniques which physically travel (so not genjutsu) and only to techniques which can travel at speeds that can be reacted to (cannot be applied to hindering sound or anything instant). Can only be used overall 5 times, each with a turn break in between.
This is a fun spell to be sneaky with. It causes the object you cast it on to become searing hot to the touch. Can be done through a jet, direct contact, or simultaneous usage, but only 3 times per battle for the last option.

1. Aside from a genjutsu or hindering sound, what's an example of a technique this can't be applied to?

Reductor Hex: - Defensive/Offensive
  • The Reductor Hex ( Reducto ) is a hex that can be used to blast solid objects into pieces.This spell differs from Bombardment as Bombardment creates an explosion through force; Reductor insteads heats the object until expands through heat, reducing it's form into ashes, rapidly heating through and melting it as the heat causes the spontaneous combustion. This can only be used four times with a one turn break in between each use. This cannot be applied to the opponent's clothing or anything on their person.
Cause an item to explode remotely. Can't be used on anything on someone's person. This is accomplished through heat.

2. Give an analysis.
3. Give some uses.

JojocIaw

Elite
Kin
1,905💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
30⚔️
Awards
Flagrante Hex:

1. I'm not sure what other techniques exist that it can't be added to other than summonings and transformations

Reductor Hex:

2/3. It makes for a good defensive spell against physical jutsu, i assume it won't work against energy attacks since they can't be reduced to ash.

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. Those were the two I was primarily referring to, but other things that spawn jutsu effects DIRECTLY on top of the target are also not gonna work. Things like hidden mist, swamp, etc.

2. Correct. You can also explode the ground beneath someone for a quick offense.

Avada Kedavra: -Offensive
  • The Killing Curse ( Avada Kedavra ) is a curse and one of the most powerful and sinister spells known to wizardkind. When cast successfully on a living person or creature, the curse causes a quick, painless death, without any signs of violence on the outside body. This happens
    by the spell having being so comprised of mahou that when it strikes the opponent, it passes through the body, the energy destroying the heart on a cellular level while blasting them backwards 10 meters. However, one may dodge the green bolt or block it with a physical barrier of equal power. An explosion of green fire may result if the spell hits something other than a living target. The Avada Kedavra curse is recognizable by the flash of green light and the rushing noise emitted from the caster's wand. When the curse hits a living, organic target, it is capable of killing them without noticeable, outwards injury. However, when this curse hits an inanimate target, it produces short range greenish explosions of small fire. Can only be used twice per opponent, preventing usage for 3 turns after usage and no S rank and higher Dark Arts for two turns.
Unfortunately, this is pretty dated. It doesn't kill on contact due to the health rule update, so it's basically a generic f-ranked blast of magic, which is honestly still pretty good. This, along with crucio, rely on a lot of malevolence when casting, so make sure you got some edgy RP going when you drop these.

1. Ask me questions about this one, then we'll be done with Dark Arts. Just Transfiguration then the stand alone spells to go.

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. I said ask questions, so come up with some.

Also, Starboy pointed out I accidentally skipped sectumsempra and crucio, so we'll hit those rq.

Sectumsempra Curse: - Defensive/Offensive
  • Sectumsempra ( Sectumsempra ) is a curse whose effect is the equivalent of an "invisible" sword; it is used to slash the victim from a distance, causing rather deep wounds. The slash follows the user's wand movements to release a jet of black energy. The jet of energy travels from the wand, towards the intended target, and cuts into them to deal a deep wound upon contact. Due to the depths of the cut, the victim’s run the risk of dying from blood loss if medic treatment is not applied in time, if the wounds are not instantly fatal. Though the aforementioned medjutsu may heal the wounds and may prevent scars, any body parts that have been severed by this curse cannot be grown back ( a trait of dark magic's permanent effects ). This can only be used 4 times, each with a two turn usage limit in between uses. This also can only be used up to mid range, it's effectiveness and lethality raised through closeness. After using, the user cannot use S rank Dark Arts and higher next turn.
This is the edgy version of difindo, and functions in nearly the exact same way.

2. Tell me how this differs from Difindo.

Crucio Curse: - Defensive/Offensive
  • The Cruciatus Curse ( Crucio ) is a curse and one of the most powerful and sinister spells known to wizardkind. When cast successfully, the curse inflicts intense, excruciating pain on the victim. To successfully perform this curse, merely uttering the incantation is not enough. The wizard or witch must possess a deep desire to cause the victim pain and strike the opponent with a red jet of energy. This curse seemingly targets specific parts of the opponent's brain when landed, overloading the pain receptors with intense and great unimaginable pain. This pain is so intense that the target cannot react rationally while under it's effects. In order to sustain the pain, the user cannot use any other jutsu or attacks while it's in use. Doing so will cause the curse to end, leaving the target aching but conscious. This can only be used 3 times, each with a two turn usage limit in between uses. This also can only be used up to mid range and no S rank Dark Arts and higher next turn.
The torture spell. This causes incredible pain, but requires you to hit a red jet of energy. If it hits, it will prevent the opponent from doing much of anything, but also stops you from performing other jutsu or attacks, so it's basically just a stun that also does damage.

3. What do you think happens when this interacts with other jutsu than a human target?

JojocIaw

Elite
Kin
1,905💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
30⚔️
Awards
1. Whats the range?

Sectumsempra Curse:

2. limbs cut from this jutsu ain't allowed to grow back. I assume it also works rank v rank?

Crucio Curse:

3. It will either: Not work on a jutsu cause its intended for a person or clash with the tech and stop it (assuming this is also rank vs rank),

Last edited:

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No unfortunately unless they explicitly state they work rank v rank, it's assumed to be damage, so both of those jutsu have normal interactions.

Joking on discord aside, when someone trying to teach you something asks if you have any questions/tells you to ask questions, they're not assuming that you have one burning on your tongue or that there's a big piece of info that's obviously missing. It's a check for how much you're engaging with the material. Yes, you don't know what you don't know. But it displays more comprehension of the ability when you're able to read its description and figure out what you don't know. You did this perfectly in Ebulio, for example.

This is relevant cuz we're now going to go over Transfiguration, which is in my opinion the single best CCJ for Kisei. It's also unarguably the most complicated, so you really need to ask questions on this one. Way less straight forward than charms and DA, but most versatile as a reward.

( Transfiguration ) - Transfiguration
Type: Supplementary / Offensive / Defensive
Chakra: 10 - 40
Damage: 20 - 80
Description: Transfiguration is a field of mahou that deals with changing the form and appearance of an object, animal, or person. Different to other forms of mahou in radical ways, many wizards have difficulty grasping the fundamentals of Transfiguration due to its strict nature, every aspect of the spell must be done correctly for a Transfiguration to be completed. Often requiring firm and decisive wand movements, Transfiguration mahou is (along with charms) almost the signature mahou of the Kisei, as wizards are commonly thought of as making things appear or disappear. The mahou takes the form of a beam of magical energy that ( if it successfully hits the target ) transfigures upon contact. Transfiguration is divided into four main branches/applications:
Transformation - Supplementary ( D - S )
Thought of as the most basic of the four types of Transfiguration, transformation spells focus on deforming the physical features of an object. All Transformation spells are triggered with the spell ( Permuto ). Transformations are divided within 2 types, easily seen based on their applications and targets. The first Basic Transformations, reminiscent of the Transformation and Combination jutsus, are transformations that change the physical properties of a targeted item. This allows the user to change the properties of an item to give it new traits or properties. The user is able to transfigure a solid into a liquid or another solid, a liquid into a solid or into a gas/another liquid, or a gas into a liquid or another gas, all of proportionate size and directed at speeds based on the natural speed of the item manipulated. These items can only be basic items in the sense of they cannot turn something into the properties of an element the user does not have, nor can they change the properties of something created by another Kisei unless with equal or higher power/chakra. Of course, the amount of chakra used must exceed the amount of chakra present in the object being transformed for any change unless the object has no chakra present in it at all ( like a simple chair, stone, pool of water, etc ) in which case it is transformable with a simple D rank application of the spell for small things A for larger things. With an S rank application, the user is able to transfigure his own person and take on temporary enhancements such as using mahou to transfigure his upper body into that of a shark, or his legs into that of a bear, etc, and can only lasts up to 2 turns each usage and can only be used 3 times. The second, Switching greatly resembles general transformation, but with with two main differences: firstly, the features of the two targets are switched simultaneously; secondly, the change in one of the pair is dependent on a change in the other. For example, if the armor on a statue is targeted with the user's clothes, then the two items will be "switched", akin to the outcome of Substitution jutsu. The restriction applied specifically to this type the items must be of comparative size and within mid range of one another. Transformations of any kind can only be used once every 2 turns and cannot target sentient (living) beings besides the user and their own summons. Through Switching, nothing harmful can be switched onto the opponent's body/person. Transfiguration of the terrain spreads out gradually from where the beam strikes, with only A-Rank and above uses being capable of converting the battlefield up to long-range. Transfigurations up to B-Rank can be done without the beam, using only wand movements and incantations. They can can convert a mid-range area at most but cannot be used on anything within short-range of the opponent (e.g. the mid-range area cannot extend to anything within 5 meters of the target). The beam travels slightly faster than a standard wind technique while the beamless usage manifests itself on the target, similar to Switching.

Vanishment: - Defensive ( A )
A purely "A" ranked spell, requiring the use of only a single incantation to vanish almost any object ( Evanesco ). Vanishment is the art of using Mahou to cause objects to go into a state of non being; essentially, making it so that the object does not exist anymore. While called vanishing spells, it should be noted that the title is a bit misleading; while items it makes contact with are “erased”, they do not vanish entirely from existence. When the vanishing spell makes contact, the chakra within it causes it to cause the targeted item to collapse inwards on itself, appearing to fold into space rapidly as it is destroyed. However, this branch of conjuration is unable to be used on objects infused with chakra above A rank. This also isn't capable of being used on the opponent nor any animal or living being. Upon the beam making contact, the item vanishes in a thin mist proportionate to the item vanished, a thinly veiled yet visible mist left behind that doesn’t hinder vision. Usable once every 3 turns. Target is left vanished for 3 turns.
Conjuration - Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary ( D - S )
The most difficult branch of Transfiguration, conjuration deals with the usage of Mahou to create objects from nothing. Conjurations are done with the use of the incantation (Obtestor). With a usage from D-S, the user is able to conjure anything he desires within reason from chairs to swords. However, being the most useful facet of Transfiguration, also leads conjuration to be the most restricted. Nothing within the realms of custom elements, for example, can be summoned. The user could not conjure a "sword that cuts through anything" or an unbreakable shield for example. The Conjured objects are imbued with a measure of mahou, ranging from D-S rank and guided by the user's wand at speeds up to twice as fast as the user's speed. Conjured objects last a maximum of 4 turns before automatically fading away, draining 10 chakra per turn. Additionally, the user is unable to conjure people or sentient/living beings, or anything within short range of the opponent. Additionally, when several items are conjured, the rank of said conjuration is split evenly. S ranked Conjurations can only last 3 turns and be used 3 times in all.
Untransfiguration - Supplementary ( B )
The final branch of Transfiguration magic, and perhaps the second simplest (behind transformation). Untransfiguration deals simply with undoing the effects of a previous Transfiguration, turning something back to its original state, and undoing a conjuration. The amount of magic used in the Untransfiguration is at constant rank of 'B'. Mostly used when students perform a Transfiguration incorrectly, or when the user wishes to return something to its original shape. The incantation used is ( Reparifarge).
Note: S rank applications are usable only by Year 5 Kisei and higher.
Note: After S rank variants have been used, the user cannot use any version S rank and above the next turn.
Note: Only usable by members of the Kisei clan.

While charms adds properties to an object, Transfiguration outright changes what an object is. It's also capable of conjuring new objects into being, vanishing objects into thin air, and undoing all of its enchantments. We'll start with Transformation.

Transformation - Supplementary
( D - S )
Thought of as the most basic of the four types of Transfiguration, transformation spells focus on deforming the physical features of an object. All Transformation spells are triggered with the spell ( Permuto ). Transformations are divided within 2 types, easily seen based on their applications and targets. The first Basic Transformations, reminiscent of the Transformation and Combination jutsus, are transformations that change the physical properties of a targeted item. This allows the user to change the properties of an item to give it new traits or properties. The user is able to transfigure a solid into a liquid or another solid, a liquid into a solid or into a gas/another liquid, or a gas into a liquid or another gas, all of proportionate size and directed at speeds based on the natural speed of the item manipulated. These items can only be basic items in the sense of they cannot turn something into the properties of an element the user does not have, nor can they change the properties of something created by another Kisei unless with equal or higher power/chakra. Of course, the amount of chakra used must exceed the amount of chakra present in the object being transformed for any change unless the object has no chakra present in it at all ( like a simple chair, stone, pool of water, etc ) in which case it is transformable with a simple D rank application of the spell for small things A for larger things. With an S rank application, the user is able to transfigure his own person and take on temporary enhancements such as using mahou to transfigure his upper body into that of a shark, or his legs into that of a bear, etc, and can only lasts up to 2 turns each usage and can only be used 3 times. The second, Switching greatly resembles general transformation, but with with two main differences: firstly, the features of the two targets are switched simultaneously; secondly, the change in one of the pair is dependent on a change in the other. For example, if the armor on a statue is targeted with the user's clothes, then the two items will be "switched", akin to the outcome of Substitution jutsu. The restriction applied specifically to this type the items must be of comparative size and within mid range of one another. Transformations of any kind can only be used once every 2 turns and cannot target sentient (living) beings besides the user and their own summons. Through Switching, nothing harmful can be switched onto the opponent's body/person. Transfiguration of the terrain spreads out gradually from where the beam strikes, with only A-Rank and above uses being capable of converting the battlefield up to long-range. Transfigurations up to B-Rank can be done without the beam, using only wand movements and incantations. They can can convert a mid-range area at most but cannot be used on anything within short-range of the opponent (e.g. the mid-range area cannot extend to anything within 5 meters of the target). The beam travels slightly faster than a standard wind technique while the beamless usage manifests itself on the target, similar to Switching.
This section of Transformation can basically be broken down into three sections:

1. Transformations Rank D-A: These allow you to change an objects state of being. This can be changing a chair into a sword, the ground into water, etc. So yes, you can change states of matter, but only one at a time. So you can't go straight from solid to gas or vice versa. Waters always got to come in between. You don't maintain any control over the item once the transfig is done. If you want to use this to transform someone else's jutsu to nullify it, the amount of chakra used needs to exceed the amount of chakra in the target jutsu.

When used on the terrain, the change is not instant, but rather spreads from a central location/where the beam hits, depending on the rank used. When used as a B rank or below, the spell can be utilized without a beam, but an a-rank does require a beam to land. B-rank and below can only affect the terrain up to a mid-range, while A-rank can do long-range.
  • What's a way you could use this offensively?
2. Transformations Rank S: These are self transfigurations to give yourself different properties. The head of a shark, a sword for an arm, etc. Given that your new body part will be S-Rank, this is actually a pretty powerful ability that I don't see used very often, so I'd suggest trying to make it your own. It's got a lot of really strong combo potential, but we'll go over that later.
  • What's one way you can come up with to use this in a combo?
3. Switching: UNFORTUNATELY, due to the way that the nerf to this jutsu was worded, I think NK unintentionally nerfed Switching, as this now requires a beam to land, which is silly considering it doesn't do any damage. But I digress. Once the beam lands,you can switch one item on the opponents person with one comparable item on your own person. This can not be an item that will harm them, so no flaming armor, explosive tags, etc.
  • This completely nullifies one brand of custom. What custom type am I referring to?
You really should have questions about this, but I won't force you to ask.