[Theory] Big Mom was betrayed ( Katakuri's motivation explained )

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hi everyone, just before the next chapter is released. Its time for a crazy and whacky theory. Take it with a grain of salt lol . Without further ado. Lets begin!

====================================================================================================
As we all saw in Chapter 931, Big Mom washed ashore in Kuri Beach. Chopper and the others found her alone there. There was nobody from her crew, not even the Queen Mama Chanter. When she woke up we found out that she lost all her memories.

The majority of readers and YouTubers were mad at Oda for using such plot device. Amnesia is a lazy and bad storytelling move, so I agreed with all the rants. But then I figured out that something's off with what happened in Chapter 931.

In Chapter 911, when Luffy and Thousand Sunny drowned, they both appeared on Kuri Beach. It's the same sea current so of course, it'll transport them to the same location. In Chapter 930, Big Mom's crew drowned. I know that Oda showed us Linlin drawing and no one else, but i highly doubt she's the only one who drowned after such a fall.

Now surprisingly in Chapter 931, Big Mom was the only one of her crew on Kuri Beach. The ship wasn't there as well. What i think happened is that Big Mom's family always had a plan to erase her memories and leave her somewhere outside Totto Land. They were waiting all this time for the best opportunity. The whole crew washed ashore in Kuri Beach, they woke up but Big Mom was still unconscious. They erased her memories ( Pudding's ability ) and left with the ship. That's why the ship itself wasn't there on the beach when Chopper arrived.

The past repeats itself. Big Mom's children did to her the exact same thing that her parents did when they left her in Elbaf. ( excluding the memory wiping )

I also think that this might be the reason why Katakuri kept asking Luffy to get up whenever he knocks him out. And this was the reason why Katakuri smiled when Brulee told him that Luffy escaped from Totto Land, because he knows that Big Mom will go after him, and she'll finally get out of Totto Land so the opportunity they've been waiting for will present itself. Luffy is the bait they needed, and Katakuri wanted him to get out of Mirror World alive.

Big Mom wreaks havoc in Totto Land because of her hunger issues, and she doesn't hesitate to kill her own children when she's on that state, so her children planned to get rid of her. If they just leave her somewhere and go then she'll pursue them to Totto Land and she'll destroy them. So what's the best way to get rid of such a scary Yonko ? Leave her somewhere outside Totto Land after erasing her memories.

One more thing i wanted to mention is Katakuri asking Luffy: " Will you come back to defeat Big Mom ? ". He asked him that while Luffy was still inside Mirror World, so Katakuri basically assumed that Luffy will succeed in leaving Totto Land, maybe because he knows that the crew will pretend to try to catch him but in fact, they're letting him escape? this sounds far-fetched i don't know.

Anyway, I believe that Big Mom's crew woke up on Kuri Beach, she was still unconscious. They erased her memories with Pudding's ability, took the ship and left Wano Country. The one i think came up with this plan is Perospero.
=================================================================================================

Reactions: Dęvîa Puęrî

SaitamaSanji

Kin
391💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
thats a nice one bt feel sad for big mom if it came true:no:. bt either way its still bad reputation on the face of yonkou.big mom has become a troll character right now.kaido is a drunkard too.so may be oda will make him such a character too later on.its like we right now cant even take these yonkou seriously enough.their threats has become more and more less frightening.big mom going after luffy and i dnt even feel its threatening right now and thats how much badly written character big mom has become even though she is a yonkou. her threat itself has become quite a joke to me.may be this is wt happens when a character doesnt live up to the hype he/she once had.

anyway this theory is really nice (y) hv a chance oda may pull out something like this bt still dnt understand wts gonna happen to big mom's territory once she is gone

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought it was an awesome theory. I'd love for it to be true especially if big mom rages and destroys wano in front of everyone while everyone cries because they can't do nothing about it because big mom> everyone in wano except MAYBE kaido

But.... All the trouble to stop them from escaping, and katakuri loyalty is the only thing stopping me from Believing this.

Otherwise (and I'm not a big fan on theories) this was awesome lol
Post automatically merged:

Actually this would fit so much better if they never planned on betraying her, but took the opportunity too when they had it... But then again prospero was sure the big mom pirates would end without big mom
Post automatically merged:

thats a nice one bt feel sad for big mom if it came true:no:. bt either way its still bad reputation on the face of yonkou.big mom has become a troll character right now.kaido is a drunkard too.so may be oda will make him such a character too later on.its like we right now cant even take these yonkou seriously enough.their threats has become more and more less frightening.big mom going after luffy and i dnt even feel its threatening right now and thats how much badly written character big mom has become even though she is a yonkou. her threat itself has become quite a joke to me.may be this is wt happens when a character doesnt live up to the hype he/she once had.

anyway this theory is really nice (y) hv a chance oda may pull out something like this bt still dnt understand wts gonna happen to big mom's territory once she is gone
I mean big mom has still yet to loose or get hurt by anyone but herself

SaitamaSanji

Kin
391💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean big mom has still yet to loose or get hurt by anyone but herself
still as someone who leads an entire army of pirates(literary wt being a yonkou is) its really pathetic the way she is shown.she is really childish.WB even though he was very strong himself he really had some good leadership.u talked abt big mom getting hurt bt we already saw how she got amnesia just by getting knocked out to sea.bt jack who was only a commander not only got stomped by zunisha and got drowned in sea still didnt lose any memory or had any sort of draw backs afterwards.thats y i prefer pudding erasing big mom's memory (theory)rather than she just lost her memory becoz of that simple knock down since it is a very pathetic representation of a yonkou

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
still as someone who leads an entire army of pirates(literary wt being a yonkou is) its really pathetic the way she is shown.she is really childish.WB even though he was very strong himself he really had some good leadership.u talked abt big mom getting hurt bt we already saw how she got amnesia just by getting knocked out to sea.bt jack who was only a commander not only got stomped by zunisha and got drowned in sea still didnt lose any memory or had any sort of draw backs afterwards.thats y i prefer pudding erasing big mom's memory (theory)rather than she just lost her memory becoz of that simple knock down since it is a very pathetic representation of a yonkou
Disagree she has better feats than any yonko

Reactions: jhamz

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Better defense yes but not better offensive feats.

Her biggest handicap is people have been so deathly afraid of her since an infant she's been treated like a child her whole life getting whatever she wants. BM's best moments for me were during her hunger fit when she started losing the weight, she was becoming more and more vicious as she got hungrier, her attacks were getting better, Napoleon, Zeus and Prometheus looked their best then too, she straight bored through the Earth just walking. I don't get any sense of that BM when she's fed.

Reactions: Sakazuki

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Better defense yes but not better offensive feats.

Her biggest handicap is people have been so deathly afraid of her since an infant she's been treated like a child her whole life getting whatever she wants. BM's best moments for me were during her hunger fit when she started losing the weight, she was becoming more and more vicious as she got hungrier, her attacks were getting better, Napoleon, Zeus and Prometheus looked their best then too, she straight bored through the Earth just walking. I don't get any sense of that BM when she's fed.
I give offense to whitebeard

But I think her defensive feats > whitebeards offensive

Although me personally.. I think whitebeard would've left more than a scratch on her had he gura fisted her and I can agree with the rest of it

Although I'm not sure if her durability still holds up while hungry.. it showed too though

The only times she's shown any sign of "scratches" if they even were is by water and water only even while starved

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I give offense to whitebeard
But I think her defensive feats > whitebeards offensive

Although me personally.. I think whitebeard would've left more than a scratch on her had he gura fisted her and I can agree with the rest of it

Although I'm not sure if her durability still holds up while hungry.. it showed too though

The only times she's shown any sign of "scratches" if they even were is by water and water only even while starved
Same about WB.

Her defense is broken there's got to be a loop hole we haven't been told yet besides the photo especially since iirc(which there's a good chance I don't lol) the last photo was destroyed during the wedding ceremony. Or did they mean the last photo they had with them?

Reactions: Sakazuki

SaitamaSanji

Kin
391💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ok.then thats ur problem not mine.as of right now big mom got amnesia just becoz she got knocked out to sea while jack had better showing of durability since he didnt gt any kind of draw back like how big mom got even when he got knocked down by that huge zunisha! and her leadership qualities are bad as well.wb had way better feats specially with offensive power.all im saying is oda made a joke out of big mom so far in the story.i still hope she gets her chance to show that she still live up to her name as a yonkou

Reactions: WhistleBlower

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ok.then thats ur problem not mine.as of right now big mom got amnesia just becoz she got knocked out to sea while jack had better showing of durability since he didnt gt any kind of draw back like how big mom got even when he got knocked down by that huge zunisha! and her leadership qualities are bad as well.wb had way better feats specially with offensive power.all im saying is oda made a joke out of big mom so far in the story.i still hope she gets her chance to show that she still live up to her name as a yonkou
Nope, Jack's been cut open by a fat samurai. Big mom hasn't. Her durability is better