[Question] Big mom amnesia :Good or bad ?

Is it good or bad ?

• It was right choice

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • It was bad choice

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lady Coffee

Kin
716💸
Kumi
54💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hi , everyone i have been reading negative reaction with respect to big mom going amnesia is not going well with reader.

What are your reason of defense behind oda doing this ?

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought this was going to actually be an interesting thread. How about instead of asking whether it was the right choice by Oda ask yourself this:

Was big mom getting amnesia good or bad? As in, is it good because she isn't after luffy anymore? Or is it bad because she forgot about the debt kaido owes her
Post automatically merged:

Also, if I did have to defend Oda on this, it would be because, Oda has done alot of crazy stuff, and he's pulled through every single time. This will be no different,

Also forgetting her memories gives her a chance to REGAIN her memeroies, including the ones of what happens with mother caramel and everyone

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
I have never had a reason to doubt Oda since i started to read the manga. He always succeed to make things excitings and logically explained.

About Big Mom is nice that we see her in this state, amnesia brings her soft side that prevails atm. Looking forward for her memory restore moment as a dramatic plot twist.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Bad. The Yonko all have glaring issues that allow the Strawhats to succeed, but Oda is just doing Big Mom dirty. She spent the majority of her own arc mindlessly destroying her territory & somehow being fended off by fucking Chopper and co, individually(!!!!), as they took turns to keep her in check. It's just disrespect to Big Mom at this point when he could've just as easily weakened Kaido and Big Mom by making them butt heads or anything else honestly. People already thought lowly enough of her.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
About disrespecting her as character that sounds funny. She is drawed like the idea of respect doesn't exist in her wolrld. She is feared, but i don't know if someone really respects her.

jhamz

Kin
50💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To consider something bad can be subjective. Majority of those who think the amnesia thing is bad or poor writing are reacting based on how the turn of events didn't go the way they wanted. We can probably say its bad if Oda fails to give justice to it. Definitely not now!
I'm pretty sure Oda, like he always do, have all the reasons to take this route.

My speculations:
the amnesia may play a role in nami permanently getting zeus. How come after BM loosing her memory, prometheus, specially napoleon has been dormant this whole time when nami was able to use zeus at orochi's event?
BM remembering the incident with mother Carmel.
Pudding could be part of the BMP's in wano

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like the idea of possibly reforming who BM is as a person.
She was a child abandoned and manipulated by Struesen to become the BM today. Now she's essentially a child again so it'd be interesting to see if she gets influenced by who she's with now or if someone later will come and do what Streusen did or maybe she'll regain her memories and go back to the BM the OP world knows.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I have never had a reason to doubt Oda since i started to read the manga. He always succeed to make things excitings and logically explained.

About Big Mom is nice that we see her in this state, amnesia brings her soft side that prevails atm. Looking forward for her memory restore moment as a dramatic plot twist.
Also, if I did have to defend Oda on this, it would be because, Oda has done alot of crazy stuff, and he's pulled through every single time. This will be no different,

Also forgetting her memories gives her a chance to REGAIN her memeroies, including the ones of what happens with mother caramel and everyone
This ^ U_U

Reactions: Sakazuki