Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[video=youtube_share;mJjy69SbTTM]http://youtu.be/mJjy69SbTTM?t=2m40s[/video]

Check out this 2nd verse(Starts at 2:40 if you want to skip) by Joey Bada$$. Hands down the best verse I've heard in years, can't even remember when I heard something of that caliber. Good meaning/ wordplay / flow (some parts the flow was off though)

However, I haven't heard every verse in the span of those 2 years so post the song or the verse that you think is the best in recent years

Cruciatus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[video=youtube;xwhZGkW_aV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwhZGkW_aV8[/video]

@3:43-End of song, I put both above that.

I'd also put this entire song, as well as Legacy, over that verse.

Last edited:

Desanto

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Best verse of all time goes like...

"Hold up, hold my phone
Mother****ers never loved us
****er never loved us
Now you want to roll one
Mother****er never loved us
So everywhere we go now, full cup
Always hated the boy, but now the boy is the man mother****er, I done growed up
You know me, you know me
I'm liable to do anything when it comes to that you owe me
You owe me, you owe me
***** you better have my money when I come for the shit like O.D.B."

:cool:

RaitonOniKairRasengan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[video=youtube;xwhZGkW_aV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwhZGkW_aV8[/video]

@3:43-End of song, I put both above that.

I'd also put this entire song, as well as Legacy, over that verse.
They are good but Crookeds verse def wasn't touching joeys - he had no where near the meaning or wordplay behind his verse that joey brought to the table. Eminems was messing with it however his delivery sucks now( as compared to old Em) and he rarely stays on beat in that song

NarutoB

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, I edited my post like 10 times but this time I'm sure. First verse of this song. Vince Staples is a legend in the making. Like really, he's on some prime Mobb Deep shit. The authenticity of what he's saying is why he's such a good rapper to me. And the beat isn't trash like that other song I posted
[video=youtube;bTFPF6oMFMU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTFPF6oMFMU[/video]

Last edited:

Cruciatus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They are good but Crookeds verse def wasn't touching joeys - he had no where near the meaning or wordplay behind his verse that joey brought to the table. Eminems was messing with it however his delivery sucks now( as compared to old Em) and he rarely stays on beat in that song
Nah brah, you can debate Crook, but Em def did better than Joey's verse. You wanna talk about delivery, let's talk about Joey's choppy flow and voice then.

RaitonOniKairRasengan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah brah, you can debate Crook, but Em def did better than Joey's verse. You wanna talk about delivery, let's talk about Joey's choppy flow and voice then.
In my OP I said I agree his flow was off at some points, but for the majority he delivered it well. Some of his lines may have still flown over your head which is what makes joey so good. Here's an example.

They'll like me i kick it like nike I know they'll soon adjust to it (just do it )

Cruciatus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In my OP I said I agree his flow was off at some points, but for the majority he delivered it well. Some of his lines may have still flown over your head which is what makes joey so good. Here's an example.

They'll like me i kick it like nike I know they'll soon adjust to it (just do it )
No I got the line. I just think Eminem and Crook did better.

Cruciatus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, slaughterhouse has some sick verses they have put out. But it all pales in comparison to his old stuff which it what makes it hard for me to agree.
Eminem has newer verses that could compete with or even outclass his older stuff. Legacy, Headlights, Evil Twin, Groundhog Day, Rap God, if Eminem released those back then, people would be gobbling up his nuts. Nowadays, we just have this "different means bad/worse" mentality and lots of us don't even realize it.

RaitonOniKairRasengan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Eminem has newer verses that could compete with or even outclass his older stuff. Legacy, Headlights, Evil Twin, Groundhog Day, Rap God, if Eminem released those back then, people would be gobbling up his nuts. Nowadays, we just have this "different means bad/worse" mentality and lots of us don't even realize it.
No, when an artist is hungry ( aka not rich) their music is literally at its prime. Because without people listening to them they will be broke. Eminems first album ever sold out of the trunk of his car is still some of his best stuff because he WORKED his ASS off to make it. Rap god is great for rap talent itself (speed/delivery), but hes not really saying anything throughout the song...compare that to his older stuff.

His music was about his struggle, people who didn't fit in finally had someone saying stuff from their perspective, and battling his way up to the top.

Zealotic

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Off the Banana Boat!!!!!!!!!!!!
[video=youtube;Z0lLvTGDX90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0lLvTGDX90[/video]

Last edited:

Cruciatus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, when an artist is hungry ( aka not rich) their music is literally at its prime. Because without people listening to them they will be broke. Eminems first album ever sold out of the trunk of his car is still some of his best stuff because he WORKED his ASS off to make it. Rap god is great for rap talent itself (speed/delivery), but hes not really saying anything throughout the song...compare that to his older stuff.

His music was about his struggle, people who didn't fit in finally had someone saying stuff from their perspective, and battling his way up to the top.
Not every rap song has to be saying something. There's nothing wrong with making a song just to show off talent in delivery or rhyming, as long as it's well executed, and Eminem accomplished that.

LOL @ you saying what his older music is about like that's some kind of proof his music nowadays is worse. Like I said, different=bad/worse mentality.

RaitonOniKairRasengan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not every rap song has to be saying something. There's nothing wrong with making a song just to show off talent in delivery or rhyming, as long as it's well executed, and Eminem accomplished that.

LOL @ you saying what his older music is about like that's some kind of proof his music nowadays is worse. Like I said, different=bad/worse mentality.
No its called relevance. Hes just saying things in songs now that are boring, dull, it doesn't grab my attention. Majority of his new songs can you even tell me what its about? There's little to no theme anymore. You're right not every rap song has to be saying something but eminem doesn't have the flow to make party songs(with no meaning / substance) for instance like meek mill, or wiz khalifa. Older beats fit Em's style much more than the ones hes trying now.