Believing the Hashirama Hype = "Manga > Opinion" Nonsense.

Niwdog

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think when people say Hashirama (non-Edo) was the most powerful/greatest shinobi in existence, this comment holds:

you have no way of knowing this. hashirama literally has no feats regarding durability or perception. all we know is word of mouth and thats nowhere NEAR enough for me and it shouldnt be for you. from hype hiruzen knows every konoha jutsu. wouldnt that include his teacher's techs? so by that same word of mouth, hiruzen prime is invincible.
kabuto has shown scale at least. hashiramas shown literally nothing.
There's a lot of "Manga says so! Manga > Opinion." But no.... MADARA says so... SAYS. The manga hasn't actually displayed ANY of Hashirama's feats from Hashirama himself. Seeing an overpowered Edo-Madara use Hashirama's techniques does NOT count, and this is because of various things that I wont bother to totally list (Things like unlimited chakra, Edo advantages, etc...). Madara's claims might be very flawed for various reasons; Uchiha arrogance and over-estimation is just one (If a Uchiha holds their powers in great esteem, how would they feel about somebody who fair and squarely defeated them).

Taking the Madara comment that the landscape was changed when he fought Hashirama as Hashirama's jutsus can cause that much destructive power is not necessarily true, as it could easily have been the Kyuubi that was doing this. We also don't know the circumstances of the Hashirama/Madara fight.

One might assume that Hashirama would need an ability as powerful as Susanoo to match it but like has been proved in Naruto many times, speed, intelligence, special simple defences and other quite simple but effective things can handle over-powered, flashy techniques, i.e. Itachi/Minato. So what Madara claims doesn't = what the manga claims. That's the same mistake Tobi=Madara believers made and Tobi was the one who initially claimed that Hashirama was the most powerful, which was obviously a belief that came from Madara in the first place. What the actual manga actually shows, e.g. a flashback of Hashirama's feats, is what the manga says. Therefore, we don't know Hashirama's actual personal feats from the manga. The closest we have is the Edo-Hashirama that was seen fighting Hiruzen Sarutobi.

And for those who say what he displayed could not be all he had as that would be unable to counter Madara's overpowered abilities or that even Sarutobi would be unable to defeat the more powerful enemies with his basic fire and mud techniques, you're forgetting that the power/jutsu is not what's important and defines a shinobi as skilled or the best, but rather how well they use it. So YES, Prime Hashirama and Prime Sarutobi might have actually been able to handle high-calibre shinobis of their time like Madara and would be able to defeat later Akatsuki members with the very jutsus we saw in their battle in Part 1. But not through using extra/more/greater jutsus, but rather through how they used the jutsus - using the jutsus with a kage-level expert skill that Orochimaru couldn't apply when he was controlling Edo-Hashirama. I'm talking about the sort of kage-level expert skill Minato used to make a very basic technique so effective. I mean, isn't that what being KAGE level is all about?

Ultimately, I find it quite hypocritical that an actual display of Hashirama's powers are ignored for the hype of an imagined idea of an extravagent, flashy, overpowered, super-destructive version of Hashirama's power. Not saying that Hashirama's power might not be like this or that he doesn't have under his belt the great feats that are imagined based on what Madara says, but the manga hasn't really proved that yet cos it hasn't actually showed us that yet.

Last edited:

yellowxflash

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes tier list shouldn't include him or any healthy or prime characters, we know nothing about there abilities to make a clear judgment on only hype and feats alone

TrollingSage

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think when people say Hashirama (non-Edo) was the most powerful/greatest shinobi in existence, this comment holds:

There's a lot of "Manga says so! Manga > Opinion." But no.... MADARA says so... SAYS. The manga hasn't actually displayed ANY of Hashirama's feats from Hashirama himself. Seeing an overpowered Edo-Madara use Hashirama's techniques does NOT count, and this is because of various things that I wont bother to totally list (Things like unlimited chakra, Edo advantages, etc...). Madara's claims might be very flawed for various reasons; Uchiha arrogance and over-estimation is just one (If a Uchiha holds their powers in great esteem, how would they feel about somebody who fair and squarely defeated them).

Taking the Madara comment that the landscape was changed when he fought Hashirama as Hashirama's jutsus can cause that much destructive power is not necessarily true, as it could easily have been the Kyuubi that was doing this. We also don't know the circumstances of the Hashirama/Madara fight.

One might assume that Hashirama would need an ability as powerful as Susanoo to match it but like has been proved in Naruto many times, speed, intelligence, special simple defences and other quite simple but effective things can handle over-powered, flashy techniques, i.e. Itachi/Minato. So what Madara claims doesn't = what the manga claims. That's the same mistake Tobi=Madara believers made and Tobi was the one who initially claimed that Hashirama was the most powerful, which was obviously a belief that came from Madara in the first place. What the actual manga actually shows, e.g. a flashback of Hashirama's feats, is what the manga says. Therefore, we don't know Hashirama's actual personal feats from the manga. The closest we have is the Edo-Hashirama that was seen fighting Hiruzen Sarutobi.

And for those who say what he displayed could not be all he had as that would be unable to counter Madara's overpowered abilities or that even Sarutobi would be unable to defeat the more powerful enemies with his basic fire and mud techniques, you're forgetting that the power/jutsu is not what's important and defines a shinobi as skilled or the best, but rather how well they use it. So YES, Prime Hashirama and Prime Sarutobi might have actually been able to handle high-calibre shinobis of their time like Madara and would be able to defeat later Akatsuki members with the very jutsus we saw in their battle in Part 1. But not through using extra/more/greater jutsus, but rather through how they used the jutsus - using the jutsus with a kage-level expert skill that Orochimaru couldn't apply when he was controlling Edo-Hashirama. I'm talking about the sort of kage-level expert skill Minato used to make a very basic technique so effective. I mean, isn't that what being KAGE level is all about?

Ultimately, I find it quite hypocritical that an actual display of Hashirama's powers are ignored for the hype of an imagined idea of an extravagent, flashy, overpowered, super-destructive version of Hashirama's power. Not saying that Hashirama's power might not be like this or that he doesn't have under his belt the great feats that are imagined based on what Madara says, but the manga hasn't really proved that yet cos it hasn't actually showed us that yet.
What? Madara never said that. He said the kages are lucky Hashirama isnt here otherwise the scale on which the landscape will be changed will be too great. He's saying in plain english Hashirama had landscape changing abilities. Deal with it. Dont try and twist the words of the manga just to suit your own agenda.

TenzaZangetsu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Using your line of argument, we'll have to doubt The SO6P power and say it's all hype! We don't necessarily have to see someone in action in order to determine their power level! As arrogant and aloof as Madara is he would've stated clearly that he had surpassed Hashirama but he actually said the contrary!
We DO KNOW this
1-Hashi has super destructive jutsus coz Madara said that adding Hashi to the mix would drastically increase the 'map changing' destruction
2-Hashi at one point had ALL the bijuu under his control, which he later distributed. No matter how you look at it the requires a lot of power
3-Hashi mokuton>Madaras mokuton, and Madaras borrowed mokuton was beast so how much more his?
4-His suiton and doton justus were large scale, just as Madaras Katon:Goukka Mekkyaku etc were, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to handle Madara then
You say also that it's not how powerful ones techniques are but how well one uses them, which is correct but, this doesn't apply since Madara was and is a genius so Hashi couldn't win by just being clever..

Niwdog

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What? Madara never said that. He said the kages are lucky Hashirama isnt here otherwise the scale on which the landscape will be changed will be too great. He's saying in plain english Hashirama had landscape changing abilities. Deal with it. Dont try and twist the words of the manga just to suit your own agenda.
Again. The words of a CHARACTER in the manga. The last time every one took the words of a character in the manga, there was a Tobi=Obito fiasco. What is shown in the manga speaks louder than what a character says about something in the manga. But I'm not saying it's on that level and I'm not even saying that it doesn't mean that Hashirama doesn't have that power, just that what a character says does not mean MANGA FACT, it is more or less the character's opinion, and even though it is what would probably have happened, that statement that Hashirama would change the mountains is an estimation of what Madara THINKS/BELIEVES would happen if Hashirama was there, not meaning that Hashirama would DEFINITELY do that or be able to do that if he were there. However, it doesn't mean that Hashirama would not be able to do that. It's just that the manga actually showing Hashirama doing that would be actual proof of it and not when a character says it. The Manga showing it is MANGA > Opinion. A character saying it is actually MANGA CHARACTER'S OPINION > your opinion. I'm not trying to twist anything here.

okay if its like that
what about hiruzen??
He's included. I've discussed him too in the original quote. I'm not talking about just Hashirama here.

KGB Kakuzu

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Edo Madara is deffinately stronger than non edo Madara as he has the ability to use Hashirama's techniques in addition to his own with no risk to himself; however, Hashirama is deffinatly stronger than a non edo Madara as he came out on top during the fight against BOTH Madara and Kurama. Sure, Madara had a side objective to get DNA, but he could have just as easily gotten DNA from a rotting corpse. So as far as non edo goes, the strongest would be down to Sasuke, Naruto, or Hashirama as an Edo Madara called Tsunade (a Kage) a weak Senju meaning Hashirama has to be that much stronger as he was a leader of the Senju. I added Naruto and Sasuke as we haven't seen their true strengths with their power ups

Niwdog

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Using your line of argument, we'll have to doubt The SO6P power and say it's all hype! We don't necessarily have to see someone in action in order to determine their power level! As arrogant and aloof as Madara is he would've stated clearly that he had surpassed Hashirama but he actually said the contrary!
We DO KNOW this
1-Hashi has super destructive jutsus coz Madara said that adding Hashi to the mix would drastically increase the 'map changing' destruction
2-Hashi at one point had ALL the bijuu under his control, which he later distributed. No matter how you look at it the requires a lot of power
3-Hashi mokuton>Madaras mokuton, and Madaras borrowed mokuton was beast so how much more his?
4-His suiton and doton justus were large scale, just as Madaras Katon:Goukka Mekkyaku etc were, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to handle Madara then
You say also that it's not how powerful ones techniques are but how well one uses them, which is correct but, this doesn't apply since Madara was and is a genius so Hashi couldn't win by just being clever..
I don't deny Hashirama's power and I meant more than just cleverness since the cleverness of how you use a jutsu is just part of your skill in using the jutsu. Speed, style, combinations, use of environment, reflexes, natural instincts and much more are all inclusive in skill. What I'm saying is that Madara's statement does not warrant a "Manga > Opinion" of the idea that "Hashirama > Everyone" or Hashirama was the most powerful shinobi that ever lived and could beat anyone because we've never been shown Prime Hashirama fighting and accomplishing those feats so we don't actually know the level of his power and his skill and how he uses it. You can't say Edo-Madara's power gives you a definite manga-proven idea because Edo-Madara is not the Prime Madara Hashirama defeated and we've never seen the Prime Madara that he defeated, so "manga > opinion" comments can't be used to make claims like Prime Hashirama > Nagato.

Well, the SO6P point actually means that we don't have an exact idea of what the SO6P's power really was like exactly, but we assume it was something like what Madara has because he's apparently meant to be the new SO6P. However we don't know if the SO6P power was more like 10x what Madara has, 100x, 10000x cos we haven't actually seen it, though we all assume our exact idea of it from our personal imaginings of what level exactly. Parts of the manga like showing us that he was the father of the tailed beasts demonstrate to us he was Uber-powerful. We know it's powerful just like we know Prime Hashirama and Prime Madara are powerful but we haven't been shown just how powerful (comparatively).

Last edited: