Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As I've only learned the Initiate level, that's as far as I can currently train you.

With that being said, tell me about the Atavistic Flame.
Atavistic Flame is the property of the human soul and it's also called the unconscious collective will of mankind. It represents the spirit, spirituality and spiritual energy but it differs from Yin in the sense that it has nothing to do with chakra. Essentially, it is a chakraless manifestation of the human spirit which is what makes it good for hand to hand combat. I feel like with customs, this being a new field, the abilities will be vast and many. Visually, it has a yellow hue and it is capable of exploding upon impact, dealing exclusively physical damage. However, being an intrinsic property of the human spirit, it is a source of spiritual healing and can be used on both ourselves and others. It is very strong against divinities and divine abilities such as the Anutu and its components, being able to pierce through them and easily heal the effects of Utu. There are three ranks to the mastery of Atavistic Flame being Initiate, Master and the rank of Grandmaster, which can only be acquired through a special mission. All in all, a very interesting ability with a lot of strategic capabilities behind its techniques, from what I could tell.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
You got most of it. One thing to note in general is that even though Atavistic Flame techniques don't require hand seals since no chakra is being weaved, it still won't be as fast as taijutsu because you're drawing power from your soul. Ranged Atavistic Flame techniques travel at the speed of regular fire techniques as well.

You've listed the strength to Anutu and its components well, but how does it react to other elements? Does it have any weaknesses?

Outside of that, do you have any questions about the Atavistic Flame before we move on to the techniques?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You got most of it. One thing to note in general is that even though Atavistic Flame techniques don't require hand seals since no chakra is being weaved, it still won't be as fast as taijutsu because you're drawing power from your soul. Ranged Atavistic Flame techniques travel at the speed of regular fire techniques as well.

You've listed the strength to Anutu and its components well, but how does it react to other elements? Does it have any weaknesses?

Outside of that, do you have any questions about the Atavistic Flame before we move on to the techniques?
That's a good question actually. I don't think it has weaknesses against our basic elements which would make it neutral, since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. But I could've overlooked it. Its techniques don't combine with other chakra based techniques because it doesn't contain any chakra.

I've skimmed your training thread so I don't really have any questions at this point in time.

Last edited:

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
It is indeed neutral against other techniques outside of Anutu and its components. In very rare circumstances, there are some AF techniques that can be paired with chakra, CES is one of these.

We'll start with the first technique. It's pretty basic and allows you to draw upon your spirit to produce the Atavistic Flame in your hands. You can shoot it as a projectile in the shape of a fireball or whatever other fancy shape you need it to take. Complex shapes such as weapons are reserved for Master though.

Upon contact, it inflicts physical damage to anything it strikes. As you can see it's multi-ranked, with C-Rank dealing 30 damage, B-Rank dealing 40, and A-Rank dealing 60. It also outlines the basics of how spiritual regeneration works.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Ningen no Genri) – Atavistic Flame: Human Principle
Type: Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra: N/A
Damage: 30 – 60
Description: The Human Principle is the basic offensive technique of Atavistic Flame. It possesses intrinsic Anti-Divinity, a property that allows it to damage Divine beings in the same way that the God-Slaying Tools can. This technique is activated by focusing Atavistic Flame and drawing upon the user’s spirit, focusing it in their hands to form yellow fire in either or both of their palms. The technique can be launched as fire balls and other projectiles, shaped to the user’s will, and inflict combustible physical damage to anything they strike. Activating the technique requires the user expend 10 spiritual Health Points. The user regenerates 5 spiritual Health Points in the following two turns.

Last edited:

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It is indeed neutral against other techniques outside of Anutu and its components. In very rare circumstances, there are some AF techniques that can be paired with chakra, CES is one of these.

We'll start with the first technique. It's pretty basic and allows you to draw upon your spirit to produce the Atavistic Flame in your hands. You can shoot it as a projectile in the shape of a fireball or whatever other fancy shape you need it to take. Complex shapes such as weapons are reserved for Master though.

Upon contact, it inflicts physical damage to anything it strikes. As you can see it's multi-ranked, with C-Rank dealing 30 damage, B-Rank dealing 40, and A-Rank dealing 60. It also outlines the basics of how spiritual regeneration works.

Description: The Human Principle is the basic offensive technique of Atavistic Flame. It possesses intrinsic Anti-Divinity, a property that allows it to damage Divine beings in the same way that the God-Slaying Tools can. This technique is activated by focusing Atavistic Flame and drawing upon the user’s spirit, focusing it in their hands to form yellow fire in either or both of their palms. The technique can be launched as fire balls and other projectiles, shaped to the user’s will, and inflict combustible physical damage to anything they strike. Activating the technique requires the user expend 10 spiritual Health Points. The user regenerates 5 spiritual Health Points in the following two turns.
So, using this mode and it's techniques can be done outright, without having to activate anything previously? We simply spent our spiritual health points and then regenerate the same used points over time. How much of these spiritual health points do we have and start the battle with? I think I saw one technique mention some multipliers to determine the amount of shp. Shouldn't that be used and perhaps learned first? Or did I missunderstand something greatly.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
So, using this mode and it's techniques can be done outright, without having to activate anything previously? We simply spent our spiritual health points and then regenerate the same used points over time. How much of these spiritual health points do we have and start the battle with? I think I saw one technique mention some multipliers to determine the amount of shp. Shouldn't that be used and perhaps learned first? Or did I missunderstand something greatly.
You've misunderstood greatly. The Atavistic Flame is overall classified as a Mode, but a lot of its abilities and techniques can be used outside of its mode. The name of the actual mode is known as Will to Survive and is broken into three parts depending on the level learned. Human Principle is one of the many techniques that can be used outside of the mode itself. You do not need to activate the mode prior to making use of these techniques unless stated otherwise in the techniques themselves.

Spiritual Health Points (SHP) is rolled into your overall health. It isn't a separate health pool. For example, if you get hit with a taijutsu tech that does 60 damage, as a regular jounin your overall HP drops to 100. Then if you make use of an Atavistic Flame technique that costs 20 SHP, your overall HP drops to 80. Its going to be up to you to track how much of the damage you take is spiritual for purposes of healing it later.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You've misunderstood greatly. The Atavistic Flame is overall classified as a Mode, but a lot of its abilities and techniques can be used outside of its mode. The name of the actual mode is known as Will to Survive and is broken into three parts depending on the level learned. Human Principle is one of the many techniques that can be used outside of the mode itself. You do not need to activate the mode prior to making use of these techniques unless stated otherwise in the techniques themselves.

Spiritual Health Points (SHP) is rolled into your overall health. It isn't a separate health pool. For example, if you get hit with a taijutsu tech that does 60 damage, as a regular jounin your overall HP drops to 100. Then if you make use of an Atavistic Flame technique that costs 20 SHP, your overall HP drops to 80. Its going to be up to you to track how much of the damage you take is spiritual for purposes of healing it later.
Okay, that makes sense and clears it all up. Definitely intriguing.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
With that said, what are your thoughts on the first technique?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
With that said, what are your thoughts on the first technique?

Ah yes, sorry, hahha. Seems pretty standard and straight forward. We manifest the Atavistic Flame around our hands and use them to strike opponents or throwing it in simple shapes like fireballs and small projectile that exploded on contact, dealing physical damage. I would assume it could be possible to achieve more complex shapes with higher mastery of the field?

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Keep in mind that the shapes you conjure have to be launched. Complex shapes such as weapons that can be held to strike an opponent are reserved for Master. If you're good with that, we're moving on to the next technique. Inner Fire allows the user to meditate at the cost of a move and after sustaining it for a full turn, you begin healing your Spirit/SHP over time at a rate of 20 per turn. Unfortunately, you have to remain completely still and can't activate other chakra taxing techniques for its duration. This makes you an easy target and means that it's best used in team battles where others can defend you or even outside of battle. This technique can dispel impairments caused by Anutu techniques, and you're free to choose whatever stance or pose you want for meditation.

Auxiliary requirements in this case refer to debuffs placed on you through Anutu techniques and that of its components, but make sure you keep the effective chakra value and the Atavistic Flame's strength in clashes to mind. This is because Anutu techs have increased chakra value already, and you'll need the appropriate chakra for any surge to remove the debuff placed on you.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Naibu Hi) – Atavistic Flame: Inner Fire
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Damage: N/A (+20 spiritual healing per turn)
Description: Inner Fire is the most basic representation of mankind’s collective will to survive, a property intrinsic to all human souls. This technique is activated by meditating at the cost of a move. After sustaining it for a full turn the user will begin a process of healing their own spirit over time, each turn thereafter healing themselves for 20 spiritual Health Points. The user must remain completely still during this time and cannot activate other Chakra taxing techniques for its duration. Inner Fire is able to dispel impairments caused by Anutu and its sub-Divinities as long as it meets other auxiliary requirements.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Keep in mind that the shapes you conjure have to be launched. Complex shapes such as weapons that can be held to strike an opponent are reserved for Master. If you're good with that, we're moving on to the next technique. Inner Fire allows the user to meditate at the cost of a move and after sustaining it for a full turn, you begin healing your Spirit/SHP over time at a rate of 20 per turn. Unfortunately, you have to remain completely still and can't activate other chakra taxing techniques for its duration. This makes you an easy target and means that it's best used in team battles where others can defend you or even outside of battle. This technique can dispel impairments caused by Anutu techniques, and you're free to choose whatever stance or pose you want for meditation.

Auxiliary requirements in this case refer to debuffs placed on you through Anutu techniques and that of its components, but make sure you keep the effective chakra value and the Atavistic Flame's strength in clashes to mind. This is because Anutu techs have increased chakra value already, and you'll need the appropriate chakra for any surge to remove the debuff placed on you.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Naibu Hi) – Atavistic Flame: Inner Fire
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Damage: N/A (+20 spiritual healing per turn)
Description: Inner Fire is the most basic representation of mankind’s collective will to survive, a property intrinsic to all human souls. This technique is activated by meditating at the cost of a move. After sustaining it for a full turn the user will begin a process of healing their own spirit over time, each turn thereafter healing themselves for 20 spiritual Health Points. The user must remain completely still during this time and cannot activate other Chakra taxing techniques for its duration. Inner Fire is able to dispel impairments caused by Anutu and its sub-Divinities as long as it meets other auxiliary requirements.
Having a summon or any sort of familiar would also go well with this technique to give yourself cover. However, I'd rather never get myself to the point I have to rely on this technique if I'm being honest. Use AF strategically and thought out instead of bringing myself low enough to need to heal like this. Another question pops into my mind, that is not really related to the technique itself as it's quite straight forward. If our HP and SHP are shared as you've put it and by using these techniques that draw on our SHP, we essentially draw our HP too; what if we directly heal just our HP through various other means? Does that mean that then we will have to keep track of two different HP pools being HP and SHP since regular healing can't heal the spirit? Or is the base HP going to be completely unhealable without AF healing the spirit itself? If any of this makes sense.