Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Assuming you've read the thread and some of the training with myself and the other, what can you tell me about Atavistic Flame? This includes how it interacts with other elements or special fields, what it can affect, and things like that.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Aight, the collective will of mankind, created by monks of the human order, is an ability that draws upon a human's soul/spirit, exchanging SHP (instead of chakra) in order to achieve it's damaging aspect. The SHP is healed over various turns depending on the technique, and the flames themselves take the form of yellow/red fire that can explode upon physical contact. Additionally, it can not be combined with chakra based attacks.

It functions similar to GST, making it capable of interacting with divine targets, alongside the NW YY thing which I forgot it's name atm. In regards to those, the AF techniques gain effective chakra in clashes despite them being chakra-less. In regards to other clashes, I believe it is treated as neutral. Also, despite it being a mode, it doesn't require the user to be in one of the modes, similar to Ronin and Dokkodo for example.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
The name of the NW YY thing is Anutu, and its components are Suen and Utu. While we're on the topic, what is the effective chakra value depending on the rank of Atavistic Flame techniques when clashing with Anutu, and what is the Chakra advantage each level of Atavistic Flame users possess over that field?

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
You couldn’t have slid in a technique with something that’s from the thread rules? smh

By extension this also means that the Atavistic Flame is capable of penetrating Divinity used by strong enemies in the Ninja World. When interacting directly with an Anutu, Suen, or Utu technique Atavistic Flame bases its interaction on effective Chakra (B-Rank Atavistic techniques have 20, A-Rank 30, S-Rank 40, etc). Against other fields typical interactions apply. The strength of the field against Anutu depends on the user’s mastery with it, divided into three separate usage proficiencies. The first is an Initiate, the second is Master, and the third is Grandmaster. Initiates have a 20 Chakra advantage against Anutu while Masters and Grandmasters have 40.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Gotta make sure sure you understand this my brother. Nice C/P though.

Here is your coveted first technique. It's a basic skill that allows you to draw upon your spirit to produce the Atavistic Flame in your hands. You can shoot it as a projectile in the shape of a fireball or whatever other fancy shape you need it to take with the exception of complex shapes such as weapons, which are reserved for Master.

It inflicts physical damage to anything it strikes. As you can see it's multi-ranked, with C-Rank dealing 30 damage, B-Rank dealing 40, and A-Rank dealing 60. It also outlines the basics of how spiritual regeneration works.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Ningen no Genri) – Atavistic Flame: Human Principle
Type: Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra: N/A
Damage: 30 – 60
Description: The Human Principle is the basic offensive technique of Atavistic Flame. It possesses intrinsic Anti-Divinity, a property that allows it to damage Divine beings in the same way that the God-Slaying Tools can. This technique is activated by focusing Atavistic Flame and drawing upon the user’s spirit, focusing it in their hands to form yellow fire in either or both of their palms. The technique can be launched as fire balls and other projectiles, shaped to the user’s will, and inflict combustible physical damage to anything they strike. Activating the technique requires the user expend 10 spiritual Health Points. The user regenerates 5 spiritual Health Points in the following two turns.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,122💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Alright this is a pretty basic and straightforward one, no questions about it at moment.
Alright as requested ill be taking over, questions are mandatory when it comes to fields like this for me, so take some time and consider some questions while I ask some of my own, how would you go about using this generally speaking, what could you potentially combine it with to make unique and interesting combos. Given the broad nature of this as the only attacking AF tech for a initiate there's a lot of things you'll need this to do until you make customs after all.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Combination wise I'm still a bit unprepared, as the inherent clause of not being able to use it with chakra is quite a big one. Maybe combining it with allies and clones is a potential route, wherein you can potentially infuse the flames into their techniques to achieve various effects. Beyond there's the taijutsu and CQC route which has it's own technique and potential applications. I did see that LoK & AJ already submitted the fundamentals of some of the custom routes such as utilizing the flames for Kenjutsu, or playing on the damage aspect. But there should be a lot of things possible to do, I'm sure if I can work with a Nara I'll come up with a few things around literally the collective soul of mankind lmao. But I honestly haven't thought that far yet, as it's mostly NW related (if i stop procrastinating) and I usually come with stuff by fighting using the ability, so mostly blank atm

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,122💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Combination wise I'm still a bit unprepared, as the inherent clause of not being able to use it with chakra is quite a big one. Maybe combining it with allies and clones is a potential route, wherein you can potentially infuse the flames into their techniques to achieve various effects. Beyond there's the taijutsu and CQC route which has it's own technique and potential applications. I did see that LoK & AJ already submitted the fundamentals of some of the custom routes such as utilizing the flames for Kenjutsu, or playing on the damage aspect. But there should be a lot of things possible to do, I'm sure if I can work with a Nara I'll come up with a few things around literally the collective soul of mankind lmao. But I honestly haven't thought that far yet, as it's mostly NW related (if i stop procrastinating) and I usually come with stuff by fighting using the ability, so mostly blank atm
Alright so in regards to the first technique, a brief rundown of limitations, no complex shapes or formations, that's for master users only and that probably applies to AF customs. In regards to scaling, it'll follow scaling based on rank and comparative to other fire release jutsu generally, so no 40 meter walls of basic AF like you're cosplaying Madara. Other than that there isn't much, the pseudo chakra value when facing Anutu and components being important but I see you already c/p'd that, make sure you understand it regardless.

Next up

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Naibu Hi) – Atavistic Flame: Inner Fire
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Damage: N/A (+20 spiritual healing per turn)
Description: Inner Fire is the most basic representation of mankind’s collective will to survive, a property intrinsic to all human souls. This technique is activated by meditating at the cost of a move. After sustaining it for a full turn the user will begin a process of healing their own spirit over time, each turn thereafter healing themselves for 20 spiritual Health Points. The user must remain completely still during this time and cannot activate other Chakra taxing techniques for its duration. Inner Fire is able to dispel impairments caused by Anutu and its sub-Divinities as long as it meets other auxiliary requirements.

Explain the technique as you understand it, give me a example of how you would use it, given it takes some time to use this could be difficult in combat. Also ask questions, about the technique itself or the concepts it covers in regards to creating customs, again questions are mandatory here so none of that no questions shit.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
C/P is a different form of understanding !

This one is pretty direct and straightforward, as it is similar to SM in regards to the meditating aspect. So unless you have familiars or whatever to protect you, I won't recommend using it during battle. The counter to Anutu and sub-divinities would depend on the techniques in question I believe and their own restrictions. One question is if this scales with your mastery of Anutu level, such as GMs having higher dispelling capabilities with this technique? iirc I did see something like that when I read you guys threads a while back, though not sure if it is a general rule or only to some techniques. Depending on the answer to that, I guess higher level custom variations can be made, or even lesser ones with offset of maybe utilsiing some chakra techniques during the same time somehow.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,122💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
C/P is a different form of understanding !

This one is pretty direct and straightforward, as it is similar to SM in regards to the meditating aspect. So unless you have familiars or whatever to protect you, I won't recommend using it during battle. The counter to Anutu and sub-divinities would depend on the techniques in question I believe and their own restrictions. One question is if this scales with your mastery of Anutu level, such as GMs having higher dispelling capabilities with this technique? iirc I did see something like that when I read you guys threads a while back, though not sure if it is a general rule or only to some techniques. Depending on the answer to that, I guess higher level custom variations can be made, or even lesser ones with offset of maybe utilsiing some chakra techniques during the same time somehow.
No as far as I can see this techniques "rank" doesn't increase via your own mastery, techniques that do that seem to mention it in the description, so this couldn't dispel certain debuffs I imagine. It's not particularly useful in battle unless you can afford to stand still doing nothing, which is possible with certain builds I guess. Alright same requirements for this next one, also have you seen iron fist. I was very disappointed to see Ian had not.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Kagayaku Ken) – Atavistic Flame: Glowing Fists
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Range: Self
Damage: N/A (+20 damage to chakra-less fist-based Taijutsu)
Description: Glowing Fists is a Taijutsu centered Atavistic Flame technique developed to supplement the user’s Taijutsu with their fists. The user will accumulate Atavistic Flame around each of their hands causing them to glow with a dim orange aura that emits small embers. They become searing to the touch to anyone who interacts with them, causing the user’s Taijutsu strikes with their fists to do an increased 20 damage. Once activated it lasts for four turns.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
I see, and after the Netflix adaptation I can say no I definitely do not know or associate with that character !

Cool technique as it requires no spiritual damage, fairly useful for some techniques, though not a lot of canon options work with it. Would have been nice to have on my pre-nerf Cyborg where my CQC chakra based techniques didn't need my input, but alas. Would probably be nice if it had a leg variation, but it's fine I guess, more custom possibilities. Another aspect could be channeling it through hand held weapons as well and whatnot, but pretty basic in general. Since this lasts multiple turns, what happens if you try to use chakra attacks through your hands? Or just hand seals in general? Does it cancel out this technique or would it not factor into that and only factor in the appropriate pure fist taijutsu?

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,122💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
I see, and after the Netflix adaptation I can say no I definitely do not know or associate with that character !

Cool technique as it requires no spiritual damage, fairly useful for some techniques, though not a lot of canon options work with it. Would have been nice to have on my pre-nerf Cyborg where my CQC chakra based techniques didn't need my input, but alas. Would probably be nice if it had a leg variation, but it's fine I guess, more custom possibilities. Another aspect could be channeling it through hand held weapons as well and whatnot, but pretty basic in general. Since this lasts multiple turns, what happens if you try to use chakra attacks through your hands? Or just hand seals in general? Does it cancel out this technique or would it not factor into that and only factor in the appropriate pure fist taijutsu?
I'd say you could probably use jutsu through the hands, you could definitely make handseals, neither would cancel this out in my opinion. However they wouldn't interact obviously, this technique will only boost what it states, punch no jutsu.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Maki) – Atavistic Flame: Kindling
Damage: N/A
Description: Kindling is an Atavistic technique that wraps either of the user’s hands in flame to heal themselves or another human target from sources of spiritual damage. The technique, while wrapping their hand in flame, inflicts no physical damage to those it touches and is instead quite warm and soothing to the touch. Kindling restores 50 spiritual Health Points per turn of direct contact with their target, either themselves or another human. To use this technique the user will expend 20 spiritual Health Points themselves to activate it but regenerate 5 per turn in the following four turns.

Next up we have the healy healy pain no feely. Same as before.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Splendid. Kindling is a pretty nice healing technique that is pretty direct in terms of usage. I do wonder though, would it also serve cleanse against Spiritual parasites as well? Or would it only work to heal the system without removing the source of damage? I assume this would apply to Anutu based attacks as well if that is the case.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,122💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Splendid. Kindling is a pretty nice healing technique that is pretty direct in terms of usage. I do wonder though, would it also serve cleanse against Spiritual parasites as well? Or would it only work to heal the system without removing the source of damage? I assume this would apply to Anutu based attacks as well if that is the case.
That was a good question, I conferred with Drackos and he said no it won't remove tethers from you for things like Y/Y but in regards to specifically Anutu he's considering it and will let me know, then I'll let you know. That said it's no reason to slow the training down so on to the next technique.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Shinikakete Iru Nokoribi) – Atavistic Flame: Dying Embers
Damage: N/A
Description: Dying Embers is a technique that strengthens the regenerative effect after using an Atavistic technique. The technique is intended to hasten the pace at which a user recovers from using an Atavistic technique that consumes their spiritual health. Upon activation this technique effectively doubles the healing done overtime by Atavistic techniques; any excess health gained back is lost. This technique lasts for the user’s next three Atavistic techniques. After usage the user will be unable to regenerate from using Atavistic Flame techniques for three turns as well as be unable to use this technique again for that duration. It is activated the cost of a move but does not occupy a slot in the timeframe.
Note: Dying Embers cannot be used with Will to Survive's passive healing.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Noted. Dying Embers is pretty nice, as it's a healing technique for AF techs that once activated, lasts for multiple turns. It's drawbacks are a bit intense, or at least they can be if there are a bunch of Af techs being used. I assume that it does not take a move slot in the 3 turns it is active, and without any upkeep costs.