Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I'm curious how many of you think that Desmond is dead and why? We're you following the story or playing old fashion, skipping through the cinematics right into action.

Why would Ubisoft spend 5 games making Desmond the ultimate Assassin just to kill him?

You must be registered for see images

in short: subject 16 saves Desmond... :hyper:

please note: desmonds glowing hand if you remember after he woke up after this.

Why did Subject 16 hold onto Desmond for so long? Why didn't he just push him away? Because 16 wasn't saving him from deletion.

He was saving him from Juno.

What happened in video is that 16 transferred his being into Desmond while he held him. That's why Desmond kept turning blue. The blue arm showed that 16 was now a part of Desmond's subconscious.

So that, when Desmond touches the orb and "dies" in ACIII, subject 16's actually shields Desmond's subconscious from harm, so that he could live to stop Juno from enslaving humanity.

Q:But how could s16 know all tihs? Brotherhood and Revelations?

How could he probably know about Desmond's death, and Eve, and Desmond's son, and all of this?
A: in the AC Revelations DLC (The Lost Archive) Subject 16 stated he has seen the "past, present, and future" We can assume it was done through the Apple of Eden, since that's how Altair saw the future (as revealed in Revelations) the Apple not only holds records of the past, but also predictions made by the First Civ. (the future).

That's how he knew all that would happenen. What you think?

Special thanks to fmirza95 though! :bouncy:

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He's straight up dead. Even Ubi said AC3 was the end of his story.

Future installments will have you play as an Abstergo employee.

Honestly, I've only cared for AC's historical settings. Never once cared for Desmond. Still doesn't stop them from being some of my favorite games... I just wish we were actually the assassin instead of using a middleman to play them; kills the immersion; when I'm at a good part poof! Desmond's story which I give no care for.

Reactions: Hypemaster

Hypemaster

Elite
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He's straight up dead. Even Ubi said AC3 was the end of his story.

Future installments will have you play as an Abstergo employee.

Honestly, I've only cared for AC's historical settings. Never once cared for Desmond. Still doesn't stop them from being some of my favorite games... I just wish we were actually the assassin instead of using a middleman to play them; kills the immersion; when I'm at a good part poof! Desmond's story which I give no care for.
Exactly,Desmond's story is the definition of breaking immersion.

Really U_U
Where do people like you come from. Just want everybody to die in every story huh
Well if I feel that a game would be successful without a character, I say why not. In no way did he intrigue me and that's my honest opinion. He just took away the focus I had on characters I was actually interested in.

Last edited:

SasukeTheViper EMS

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When I first got to the ending of AC3, I knew there was something fishy going on, and I was instantly reminded of that scene you brought up (the thing with Subject 16) then I looked it up and saw that people were theorizing about the same thing. So honestly, I do not believe he's dead. But then again, I recall the Devs. saying that it was the end of Desmond's story. So, who knows... I for one, could care less to be honest. Desmond was never really that interesting of a character, and it felt like he took away from the overall feeling of the game.

But I do have a feeling that Desmond is going to be replaced with his father, since we have Edward Kenway who is Haytham Kenway's father, this time around.

Last edited:

Lrrrrr

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah, he's dead. The Ubisoft workers said it. I don't mind, but he could've died a better death, the one in AC3 was terrible.

Bijuu13

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly,Desmond's story is the definition of breaking immersion.

Well if I feel that a game would be successful without a character, I say why not. In no way did he intrigue me and that's my honest opinion. He just took away the focus I had on characters I was actually interested in.
I don't see why people aren't interested in the current world. I don't care for Desmond and the other characters personally either, but I do want to see how everything turns out in the end. His death was/would be unnecessary and random. Could've been handled a lot better

Hypemaster

Elite
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't see why people aren't interested in the current world. I don't care for Desmond and the other characters personally either, but I do want to see how everything turns out in the end. His death was/would be unnecessary and random. Could've been handled a lot better
Maybe because of the way they promoted the series, playing an assassin from the past while learning and experiencing history. That was the beauty of the series to me and what I enjoy the most.Simple as that.

Zenic

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah, he's dead. The Ubisoft workers said it. I don't mind, but he could've died a better death, the one in AC3 was terrible.
Agreed.

There was just so much potential to Desmond..

To be honest I still don't believe he's dead but I do believe that was a childish and unimaginative way of killing him.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've always questioned why Ubi decided to include a futuristic story as a parallel to the historical one. I can dig the whole alien technology thing, but why use the Animus as a Conduit through which we have to see history? True immersion puts you in the period itself; not use a game design element as a "lens" from which to view it.

Reactions: Lightning Release

Grim

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When I first got to the ending of AC3, I knew there was something fishy going on, and I was instantly reminded of that scene you brought up (the thing with Subject 16) then I looked it up and saw that people were theorizing about the same thing. So honestly, I do not believe he's dead. But then again, I recall the Devs. saying that it was the end of Desmond's story. So, who knows... I for one, could care less to be honest. Desmond was never really that interesting of a character, and it felt like he took away from the overall feeling of the game.

But I do have a feeling that Desmond is going to be replaced with his father, since we have Edward Kenway who is Haytham Kenway's father, this time around.
I didn't add this part... it will go rom Adam to Eva or both.. can't wait though till the game comes out. Ubisoft said it's an end of his story... well they didn't say he was dead? It will someone elses story but Edmond will be part of it?

Maybe because of the way they promoted the series, playing an assassin from the past while learning and experiencing history. That was the beauty of the series to me and what I enjoy the most.Simple as that.
"History" ? AC is one huge conspiracy. It's actually one of the theorys what actually happened ... with civilization before us.... there is historyc proof for it, but it's overbunked by mainstream history ...so I don't know what game are you playing skipped alot of cinematic while playing?

Game is about past and how to prevent it happening again

SasukeTheViper EMS

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didn't add this part... it will go rom Adam to Eva or both.. can't wait though till the game comes out. Ubisoft said it's an end of his story... well they didn't say he was dead? It will someone elses story but Edmond will be part of it?
I don't get what you mean by the part in bold. And that's a good point, them stating that it's the end of his story doesn't necessarily have to mean that he's in fact dead. He could still be involved somehow, but I'm wondering how involved is he going to be in future iterations, if he is actually alive that is.

Grim

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't get what you mean by the part in bold. And that's a good point, them stating that it's the end of his story doesn't necessarily have to mean that he's in fact dead. He could still be involved somehow, but I'm wondering how involved is he going to be in future iterations, if he is actually alive that is.
you see this thread is longest thread I have ever made on this forum and i'm here since 2009, what I posted here is just a little part of one big picture. The whole conspiracy behind this game ... illuminati/lost civilization of Annunaki and etc.... is just epic! I'm not a believer of all this in real life but I enjoy the plot "fantasy" because there's plenty of scientists / historians who clam it's all true... obviously Ubisoft took they're story and added it into the game, on my opinion epic move though

Reactions: Dantee