Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay - who are the Ronin in the RP, what is the nature of spirituality and the spirit, what is spiritual kenjutsu, and what is the 'soul?' What can Ronin do that a Yin Release Master cannot, and vice versa?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,401💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Okay - who are the Ronin in the RP, what is the nature of spirituality and the spirit, what is spiritual kenjutsu, and what is the 'soul?' What can Ronin do that a Yin Release Master cannot, and vice versa?
Who are the Ronin you ask, they are a faction of warriors who are primarily based on being Samurai. However they differ from the Samurai from the west, as these warriors don’t follow the same regiment or leadership. They were originally lead by Oisha, but due to his misdeeds and betrayal, they now run under the leadership of Ishioju and run a competition at the Dark Tower for brave enough fighters to come and fight against. As said before, they are the spiritual counterparts to the Samurai who the physical faction.

I’m not sure I understand this question fully but I’ll attempt to answer it anyways. Spiritually and the spirit in nature are a vital part of the world. It consists of one half of the components needed to create chakra but its also a force of nature that exists on its own. As seen like with beings such as the Doki Tayuya controls are described as beings of pure spiritual energy, thus it can come in different shapes and sizes, which the pinnacle of it all is Yin Release. One’s spirit is also anchored to a physical vessel so to speak, meaning that its normally impossible to separate the two unless certain techniques are used or the person dies and then moves onto the afterlife. Its also show however that spirits are capable of sentience too as all the spirits of the previous Kage that Hagoromo resurrected all showed sentience as well as Dan Kaito when in his spirit form.

Spiritual Kenjutsu is subclass of Kenjutsu designed to allow the user to attack the spiritual and soul of the opponent. It’s pretty simple but in reality as mentioned before, its very hard to be able to strike the soul of a person or their spiritual side outside of genjutsu in most circumstances thus making this a powerful asset to the Ronin.

The “soul” is what a person Id assume senses when sensing one’s spiritual nature. The soul is what’s anchored to the body by spiritual energy, thus is the central point of one’s spiritual aptitude. It’s pretty tough to explain in all honesty so id like your definition or thought on what the soul is.

Yin Masters and Ronin share the common ability of being able to detect spiritual based techniques of their opponents but what makes them different is very small. Yin Masters can utilize abilities more pertaining to ninjutsu like passive kai usage and the restriction of methods of escaping illusions. Ronin can sense the souls of individuals thus can actually track people which is why they gain a tracking bonus whereas Yin Masters don’t. Yin Masters are also capable of sensing when they are being affected by an illusion directly but id argue a Ronin can also do that but rather sensing themselves they sense the foreign spiritual chakra residing in them.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'll reframe the question. Think of the soul as an entity. Where have we seen this entity in Naruto before? There is one very specific instance where we actually see the 'soul' itself. I'd also be careful in conflating the soul with the spirit, and vice versa.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,401💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
I'll reframe the question. Think of the soul as an entity. Where have we seen this entity in Naruto before? There is one very specific instance where we actually see the 'soul' itself. I'd also be careful in conflating the soul with the spirit, and vice versa.
Hmm I believe it was when the path tried to snatch Naruto's soul from his body. The only other instance I can think too was when Hagoromo summoned the souls(?) of the previous Kages into the tangible world.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As far as I'm aware, the Human Path of the Rinnegan, and the Reaper Death Seal are the most direct instances of viewing the soul, and both have similar usages. They both involve direct contact with the targets soul, and typically their use results in instant death for the target, as the soul has been torn from the body, leaving only an empty vessel. This gives a clear idea of just how powerful damaging the soul is within the Narutoverse, as even a failed attempt at killing your opponent can come with clear benefits. In the Rinnegan's case, even if the soul isn't removed, you can still read the targets mind, and gleam valuable intel, while in the case of the Reaper Death Seal, simply sealing the arms cuts off the targets ability to perform handseals, decimating their pool of available techniques. I believe at least one these examples specifically are what Drackos was looking for from you, as there are subtle elements of them, especially the Reaper Death Seal, within the Ronin technique pool, though we'll get to that in time.

For now, I'd like you to go through the first technique Ronin learn, the Spiritual counterpart to Iaidō. Explain the differences between the two, as well as the benefits and detrimental aspects to those changes, and ask any questions you may have.

(Seishin Iaidō) – Art of the Spiritual Quick Draw
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short
Chakra: 30 - 50
Damage: N/A
Description: Spiritual Iaidō is unique to the form of Kenjutsu practiced by Rōnin. Like its physical counterpart, this is a method of quick drawing a blade to strike opponents. However, this differs from the normal Iaido because it does not only aim to prevent hand seals from being created. Instead, the Spiritual Iaido aims to sever Spiritual connection, causing opponents to fail in forming successful future hand seals as their chakra system cannot utilize the chakra properly. This also differs in their damage magnitudes; this variant does not deal damage, instead increasing in rank based on how much chakra it limits the opponent from utilizing due to a spiritual imbalance. A rank prevents Forbidden ranked techniques, S rank prevents S rank and higher techniques while Forbidden ranked usage prevents enemies from making hand seals for any A rank and higher technique. S rank and higher effects last a single turn while A rank lasts for 2 turns.

Note: Can only be used by Rōnin biographies.
Note: A-Rank can be used three times, S-Rank can be used twice, and Forbidden rank can be used once.​

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,401💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Alright so spiritual Iaido, its been a long time coming but yea. This technique is rather unique, much like all the other spiritual kenjutsu techniques in that its not designed to strike the opponent physical. It strikes them quite literally into their spirit and soul. In this case, I believe it still follows the Iaido quick draw aspect but rather than actively seeking to stop hand seals, it aims to stop people from molding chakra properly. It doesn’t deal direct damage, but rather the increase ranks determine how restricted the person who is struck will be. The only glaring issues is that it doesn’t do any actual damage, but rather is used to impair the opponent’s chakra as to prevent them from using chakra. An advantage I can see is that this can pass through solids, so like if you want to clash with an opponent, this can easily bypass a solid sword to strike em but this can also be a problem as it can cause harm to you as the person if not careful in how the opposing sword passes through as well.

No questions on my end

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice. Here's the next batch. Again they are spiritual counterparts to existing Samurai techniques, though the first specifically includes that reference to the Reaper Death Seal I alluded to earlier, while the second is the Spiritual version of the Samurai Saber skill, giving you your standard ranged offense. Any questions ask away, but I believe they both speak for themselves.

( Seishin Kenjutsu ) – Spiritual Sword Technique
Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Chakra: 30 - 40
Damage: 60 - 80
Description: Seishin Kenjutsu is the unique form of Kenjutsu practiced by Rōnin. The technique itself, on its own, is directed at dealing damage to the spirit and soul of an opponent. When an enemy is struck by this technique the damage inflicted is akin to that of the Shinigami cutting off Orochimaru’s arms. The targeted limb becomes unusable due to the severing of their soul. However, unlike that of the Shinigami Reaper, this effect is not permanent and instead lasts up to 2 turns. Against techniques, the Rōnin will target the spiritual energy within the technique; striking it with the sword will disrupt this balance and, should the Rōnin’s Kenjutsu overpower or neutralize the targeted technique, will dissipate harmlessly. The S-Ranked version of this technique can only be used a total of six times per battle.

( Rōnin Seishin Ken no Jutsu ) – Rōnin Spiritual Blade Technique
Type: Offensive
Range: Short – Long
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description: A technique unique to the Rōnin, utilizing similar principles to the Samurai Sabre. The user channels their chakra through their swords and extends the reach and binding ability of the blade. This creates a meter-long spiritual wispy effect around the blade, appearing as if the blade was steaming. Crescent arcs of almost pure spiritual energy are created through the user’s swings. Like the Spiritual Sword Technique, this chakra plays neutrally against all natures and fields. When striking an enemy’s technique, it will target the balance of spiritual and physical energies, disrupting it and dissipating it harmlessly upon overpowering or neutralizing it.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,401💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Nice. Here's the next batch. Again they are spiritual counterparts to existing Samurai techniques, though the first specifically includes that reference to the Reaper Death Seal I alluded to earlier, while the second is the Spiritual version of the Samurai Saber skill, giving you your standard ranged offense. Any questions ask away, but I believe they both speak for themselves.

( Seishin Kenjutsu ) – Spiritual Sword Technique
Type:
Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Chakra: 30 - 40
Damage: 60 - 80
Description: Seishin Kenjutsu is the unique form of Kenjutsu practiced by Rōnin. The technique itself, on its own, is directed at dealing damage to the spirit and soul of an opponent. When an enemy is struck by this technique the damage inflicted is akin to that of the Shinigami cutting off Orochimaru’s arms. The targeted limb becomes unusable due to the severing of their soul. However, unlike that of the Shinigami Reaper, this effect is not permanent and instead lasts up to 2 turns. Against techniques, the Rōnin will target the spiritual energy within the technique; striking it with the sword will disrupt this balance and, should the Rōnin’s Kenjutsu overpower or neutralize the targeted technique, will dissipate harmlessly. The S-Ranked version of this technique can only be used a total of six times per battle.

( Rōnin Seishin Ken no Jutsu ) – Rōnin Spiritual Blade Technique
Type:
Offensive
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description: A technique unique to the Rōnin, utilizing similar principles to the Samurai Sabre. The user channels their chakra through their swords and extends the reach and binding ability of the blade. This creates a meter-long spiritual wispy effect around the blade, appearing as if the blade was steaming. Crescent arcs of almost pure spiritual energy are created through the user’s swings. Like the Spiritual Sword Technique, this chakra plays neutrally against all natures and fields. When striking an enemy’s technique, it will target the balance of spiritual and physical energies, disrupting it and dissipating it harmlessly upon overpowering or neutralizing it.

I have no questions here honestly, I already read through these quite a few times now but they are pretty straight foward in what they do.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't doubt for one second you've read and understand them, but you know I have to make sure that you do. You don't need the training invalidated because I hand-waved the training, so please bear humor me. Next we have Unfettered Mind, a spiritual state that allows the use of a powerful Susano'o-like ability. Then there's a technique designed to counter opposing spiritual techniques, and finally one that has the phrase "much like hungry ghost". So we're at the good shit. Explain how you would perform them, and ask any questions you may have, then we'll move on to the Dokkodo techniques that Ronin can utilize without the Mode.

( Fudōchi Shinmyōroku ) – The Unfettered Mind
Type: Supplementary
Chakra: 40 ( -10 per turn )
Damage: N/A ( +40 to Spiritual Kenjutsu )
Description: Considered by many to be the Rōnin’s ultimate technique, as well as their answer to the Samurai’s Bushidō. The Rōnin will release infuse their body and armor with their spiritual energy, granting them augmented abilities; it appears as an aura of purple energy. This infusion reduces the damage of all spiritual based attacks by 50. While active, the fortified spiritual energy prevents the Rōnin from falling under the influence of illusionary techniques, barring those augmented with Yin Release or cast by the Mangekyou Sharingan. The Rōnin’s Spiritual Kenjutsu are enhanced by 40 additional damage, and they become able to move three times faster than their base speed. Upon ending the Rōnin is unable to utilize Iaido, as well as use Spiritual Kenjutsu higher than A-Rank for a single turn. This technique lasts for 6 turns and can be used three times.

( Fudōchi Shinmyōroku: Taiaki ) – The Unfettered Mind: Annals of the Sword Taia
Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Chakra: 60 ( -20 per turn )
Damage: 120
Description: The user will draw their sword while Fudōchi Shinmyōroku is active. Based on the Rōnin’s Dangerous Strike, the Annals of the Sword Taia forms a complete spiritual ethereal warrior around the user’s body, resembling their own form. This technique is much like Susano’o though with much smaller stature; the body of Taia is the expression of the ultimate spirit, capable of passing through physical targets that would otherwise obstruct a blade and directly strike at the spiritual energy of a technique or target to inflict its damage. In a sense, this technique is simply an extension of the aura formed during the Unfettered Mind. Taia lasts for the remainder of the duration of the Unfettered Mind, though while it is active the user is only able to perform Spiritual Kenjutsu through their ethereal guardian. The guardian’s damage, while immense, comes at the cost of a move. Usable twice and lasts as long as the remaining time on Unfettered Mind; once this technique expires the user will be unable to use techniques above A-Rank for a single turn.
Note: Requires the user to have first used The Unfettered Mind.

( Abunai Ashige ) – Dangerous Strike
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description: The user will draw their sword and attack, forming an ethereal arm and sword around his own, comparable to that of Susano’o but much smaller and resembling the user’s own body. This allows the user’s physical arm to pass through the target but the spiritual arm will make contact, cutting through the spiritual energy of a technique or the soul of a target. Due to its purely spiritual nature, but unlike the Doki used by Tayuya, the ethereal sword separates the connection between technique and user. This allows him to sever the connection a spiritual technique has with its caster, effectively ending it. Against Spiritual techniques of equal chakra and lower, this allows the user to effectively end them early. Due to the severing of spiritual energy, the target will suffer spiritual damage as well.
Note: Can be used three times per battle, once every two turns.

( Kuebiko ) - Kuebiko
Type: Supplementary
Chakra: 60 ( -20 per turn )
Damage: N/A
Description: A restricted skill among the Ronin, Kuebiko invokes the skill of Spirit Mimicry in battle, allowing the user to link their spiritual energy with that of the targets. This link is established by cutting themselves across the hand and swiping it across the length of the blade. With the blade now glowing, the user releases a wave of spiritual energy at the target in a similar fashion to Hungry Ghost. When a link is established with the target by having his sword's jutsu strike the opponents, the user will link the opponent's spiritual energy with his own, creating a mixed pool of energy to utilize. This allows the user the ability to utilize Spiritual Kenjutsu and Techniques with half of the chakra being fueled by the opponent's chakra and not solely his own. This mixture of both allows it to bypass opponent defenses, dealing direct damage to their spiritual network despite durability levels. Because of the associated cost, the user loses 20 chakra and 5 health each turn this is active, being able to be ended at will.
Note: Can only be used by Rōnin biographies and only once per battle.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,401💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Alright so the first technique you call a Susanoo like technique I know what Bushido is from the Samurai moveset, which this technique mirrors as its spiritual counterpart. Anyways the user forms a basic armor of spiritual energy around their body and armor if they have any which in turn reduces incoming spiritual damage by -50. It also renders the user immune to illusions bar those of Yin Release and Mangekyo level. It increases the user’s base speed by x3 and adds +40 to their spiritual kenjutsu. In all honesty its pretty much a basic boosting mode, which in this case id use it more or less if I have to amp my Ronin up to rival my enemy a bit more better.

Outside of that, its rather simple in execution and doesn’t need any questions from me. Now the 2nd technique is basically the actual Susanoo technique. Its basically an avatar of spiritual energy that can be used to attack the opponent. It’s a powerful technique but in terms of when id use it? Id probably use it when facing an enemy who is pretty much out damaging me in a fight and need a quick heavy hitting attack while in the mode.

Third technique is pretty straight forward honestly, it allows one the ability to literally cut down an opposing technique; severing the connection from its user. This effectively causes the technique to end but also cause spiritual damage to the opponent. The only question I have is about a confusing line, as it says it strikes the spiritual energy of a technique but then goes onto say spiritual techniques however which makes me wonder if the severing is meant for techniques in general or not.

Last technique is basically a HG type of technique used by the Ronin. In all honest it’s a very useful technique as it lets you conserve chakra nicely and stuff but of it has its own cons such as the user loosinf HP over time. My only question is “When a link is established with the target by having his sword's jutsu strike the opponents, the user will link the opponent's spiritual energy with his own, creating a mixed pool of energy to utilize” do they mean the wave of chakra released being the “sword strike” Just want to make sure, but other than that it under the technique in question.