Armory of Marzan (212A)

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The thanks were enough, the hug unexpected, and yet the smith didn't pull away, nor seem particularly vexed at the gesture of thanks. It was enough she was happy to indulge his desire to forge another blade, and it was clear to see from how much reverence she put into the gathering, and then studious analysis during the forging, and the end result.
"If you're not a fan of the name, feel free to call it what you want. I'm a swordsmith, not wordsmith."

As she wondered why more people weren't coming to him for a blade, having served a fair few folks so far, he gave his earnest take away from the entire process.
"Every human is unique, that's why my job is so much fun. I get to plumb the depths of their souls, hear what they want, and provide them with a blank slate for them to paint their experiences and soul over, filling their chosen tool with their very own essence. While one person may desire a blade, to another a blade is far too direct a tool, so they may request a less dangerous weapon, or perhaps not even a weapon at all. It's why they're called tools after all, they don't have to be offensive by nature."

As he was explaining the simplicity of people's decisions being dictated by who they were at their very foundation, a pair of figures entered the Armory, while Musashi was clearly hankering for a decent meal after her vast pilgrimage. As he was an immortal, Marzan didn't exactly keep much on hand in the way of hospitality. This was a Forge, not a restaurant, so he apologized for the inhospitable environment, and did what came naturally to him. Moved on to his next "customer".

As the young woman who was accompanying Alucard entered the Forge once more, new stranger in tow, Marzan began to feel as though he was doing the young lady a disservice. She was acting as a glorified doorman, though it's not as though he asked her to fulfill such a duty, and they clearly knew one another since she was introduced as a "sister". He was probably reading too much into the situation, even if he was feeling rather put out.

"Easy enough to achieve. If you have any design requests, we can go over them later. First I'll need you to get the raw materials, same as everyone else. Best places to start are the Lands of Earth and Iron, since I assume you'll want those to be made out of metal, aye?"

Complete three B-Rank missions in the Badlands of Earth or the Iron Peninsula to gather the raw ore that Marzan needs to forge your tool, then return.
Musashi listened to Marzan's explaination and found it satisfying. "No, the name is perfect, thank you," said Musashi one final time, before turning to leave. She could recognize that that Marzan had a purpose to fulfill, with the many new customers coming to his forge. While Musashi would have loved to learn more about the old soul, this was not the time.

Uttering a final bit of thanks for the blade, Musashi turned to leave...and fill her belly!

Now, with a God-Slaying Tool - Myōjingiri - at her disosal, Musashi would make sure to wield it well. But, for now, she could resume the original reason she left the Dark Tower and the training she did there: a newly discovered lands awaited, waiting to be explored. While Tobusekai was new to Musashi, it appeared to be well ventured.

Musashi left, the feeling of Myōjingiri on her hip already becoming familiar.

Leaving Landmark for the Port of Innovus (212).

Reactions: SaintCelestine

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from [x]

Lilith arrived from the Port once again within a quite short time span. Looking through the armory now a third or fourth time she noticed that Faye was still there discussing something with the Blacksmith. Three pretty girls in his armory, must've been quite a day for him.

Ya Marzan-san! Eh, gomenasai to come back to you so soon, i bet you're getting tired of me at this point anoo.. This is Baiken and she, like Faye, is looking for a God-slayer tool.. Oi! Faye! You haven't left yet?
@El Alucard @Mergo

El Alucard

Veteran
Kin
2,077💸
Kumi
779💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from [x]

Lilith arrived from the Port once again within a quite short time span. Looking through the armory now a third or fourth time she noticed that Faye was still there discussing something with the Blacksmith. Three pretty girls in his armory, must've been quite a day for him.

Ya Marzan-san! Eh, gomenasai to come back to you so soon, i bet you're getting tired of me at this point anoo.. This is Baiken and she, like Faye, is looking for a God-slayer tool.. Oi! Faye! You haven't left yet?
@El Alucard @Mergo
Ahahaha yes, I was actually just about to leave.

Faye then turned to the woman Lilith was with.

Sup, I’m Faye. I don’t think we’ve met before.

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Coming from [x]

@El Alucard @Mergo

Coming from where Skorm coming from. Can’t link on phone
-
Baiken stayed quiet and let Lilith do the talking on her behalf. Baiken still could not explain what she thought or felt but Lilith, on the other hand, knew exactly what Baiken needed. She wasn’t interested in speaking to Faye, she only wanted her weapon from this Marzan fellow… She had never heard of him but according to Lilith, this was the guy. In order to not be rude, Baiken nodded upward in a ‘sup’ kind of deal towards Faye but did not speak. It was also strange, considering Baiken sensed an entity or two surrounding Faye. Something strange about that one… But nothing that Baiken would consider hostile. It seemed she was one with the spiritual realm, like Baiken but in a different form. After Baiken would talk with Marzan and perhaps explain what kind of weapon she was looking for, Baiken could have a chat with her pink-haired clan mate… Funny… They kinda looked like sisters…

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Coming from where Skorm coming from. Can’t link on phone
-
Baiken stayed quiet and let Lilith do the talking on her behalf. Baiken still could not explain what she thought or felt but Lilith, on the other hand, knew exactly what Baiken needed. She wasn’t interested in speaking to Faye, she only wanted her weapon from this Marzan fellow… She had never heard of him but according to Lilith, this was the guy. In order to not be rude, Baiken nodded upward in a ‘sup’ kind of deal towards Faye but did not speak. It was also strange, considering Baiken sensed an entity or two surrounding Faye. Something strange about that one… But nothing that Baiken would consider hostile. It seemed she was one with the spiritual realm, like Baiken but in a different form. After Baiken would talk with Marzan and perhaps explain what kind of weapon she was looking for, Baiken could have a chat with her pink-haired clan mate… Funny… They kinda looked like sisters…
Lilith, Baiken and Faye were now all three in the armory with Faye on her way out. Most likely to gather the ore for the weapon she had chosen to craft. With Baiken getting busy to await the master's call, Lilith decided to join in with Faye and leave the armory now that she had shown Baiken the way to it. Although she'd not stick with Faye either as she most likely had to head to the land of fire or iron to gather ore. Suddenly from out of nowhere, Alucard would speak to her mind from the Crimson State Island.

*Sup. Imma need you to check on Dainashi real quick. I just realized nobody's been there in a long time - could you do me this favor?*

*Ugh.. Sure dad i've just shown Faye and Baiken the armory of Marzan. They're getting their God Slayer Tools.*

*..Neat. Gotta go, lotsa people to kill byeeeee!!*

*Wha?*

Alucards voice left her.. Lilith rolled her ruby eyes and she shrugged.

Hate pop's sometimes.. Aye, this is where i leave you Baiken. Father has asked me to go home to Dainashi. Anoo, before i go is there anything you need? If not i'll be on my way.
She leaned her tender body towards the staircase that lead up to the Port. She had gotten uncle Marzan busy now and felt like she was just in his way..

Reactions: El Alucard

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lilith, Baiken and Faye were now all three in the armory with Faye on her way out. Most likely to gather the ore for the weapon she had chosen to craft. With Baiken getting busy to await the master's call, Lilith decided to join in with Faye and leave the armory now that she had shown Baiken the way to it. Although she'd not stick with Faye either as she most likely had to head to the land of fire or iron to gather ore. Suddenly from out of nowhere, Alucard would speak to her mind from the Crimson State Island.

*Sup. Imma need you to check on Dainashi real quick. I just realized nobody's been there in a long time - could you do me this favor?*

*Ugh.. Sure dad i've just shown Faye and Baiken the armory of Marzan. They're getting their God Slayer Tools.*

*..Neat. Gotta go, lotsa people to kill byeeeee!!*

*Wha?*

Alucards voice left her.. Lilith rolled her ruby eyes and she shrugged.

Hate pop's sometimes.. Aye, this is where i leave you Baiken. Father has asked me to go home to Dainashi. Anoo, before i go is there anything you need? If not i'll be on my way.
She leaned her tender body towards the staircase that lead up to the Port. She had gotten uncle Marzan busy now and felt like she was just in his way..
Baiken did not speak but waived goodbye to Lilith before she went up the stairs in a pleasantly and surprisingly nice manner, followed by a slight smile. Through her gestures is how she said ‘thank you’, without actually saying it.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Baiken did not speak but waived goodbye to Lilith before she went up the stairs in a pleasantly and surprisingly nice manner, followed by a slight smile. Through her gestures is how she said ‘thank you’, without actually saying it.
Apologies for the delay. Honestly, just felt burnt out the last few days.

The smith fell silent for some time, mostly wondering where some of the earlier visitors were, like the oddly clad Mugetsu asking for a kyoketsu-shoge, or Hei and how it could possibly be taking so long to gather lumber for a bow. As the young lady that accompanied Alucard entered once more he thought very little of her presence, as it had been a very frequent thing recently, so he got used to the sound of her voice introducing another newcomer.

"Be with you in a second lass."

While his intent was true, once more he slipped into a state of concentration over the designs he had yet to give form, retaining the thought while yet more souls entered the Forge to have theirs crafted. As he looked around, his solipsistic trance broken, he was about to address Lilith, only to find her gone already. The woman she left behind held a rather rebellious air to her, though looks could be deceiving. She was certainly dressed provocatively, or perhaps simply for efficiency in combat. Regardless, she clearly held the look of a swordswoman about her, though the smith didn't jump to any conclusions as to what she was after. After a moment to collect himself, he addressed Baiken directly.

"Baiken is it? What'll it be?"

Reactions: Yin and Skorm

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Marzan swiftly walked over to Kōtetsu, grabbing the ear of the inflated muscle suit of an Inuzuka, and dragging him towards the back room where the stolen God Slaying Tools once resided. As he pulled the man like a dog on a leash, his tone was mono and void of joy.

"You can help instead. You look like you can lift some heavy stuff or whatever.
A thousand pardons, Zhongli. Will be right back."

With himself and Kōtetsu alone in the next room, Marzan closed the door save for a sliver. It was dark and quiet until moments later a series of torches burst into flames, all the same hue as the forge. Sufficiently secluded, he confronted the Champion.

"What's with the cloak and dagger, lad? If you've business, spit it out, or you can leave like the last one."

On that last part he practically spat the words out, referring to Lucifer who had shown up, twisted effigy of Tiamat literally in hand, directing his gaze to the Seal on the Inuzuka's hand as he did so. If he was here to ask for a tool when he dared to carry such a crude work, the smith would make his stance on the subject quite clear from the get-go as he had done before.

@Ańbu Juniør
Kōtetsu reluctantly allows the old immortal to ferry him into the next room, away from the prying eyes and of the others within the forge. He can tell from the blacksmith's tone and gaze at the seal housing the Sanguine Maw that the old man knows, at least to some extent, about the relic weapons and their origin, and that the presence of one in his forge wasn't welcomed.

The Inuzuka pulls the cloak concealing his face and pulls back the garb to reveal the container with the Five-Tails DNA sealed inside. "Old man, last time we spoke, you suggested that the Beats I'm hunting were among the first of Tiamat's Children. In a similar vein, I've heard stories that the Tailed Beasts were created by the Sage of Six Paths." He pauses for a moment and studies the Blacksmith's face, gauging his expression for any changes. "I dove into the Kaizoku Sea, and while I felt I was being watched by something incredibly large, I was unable to come into contact with one of the Beasts of Tiamat. I didn't want to return empty-handed, so I hunted the Five-Tails and took a sample of its flesh for you to analyze if possible."

Kōtetsu hands the cork container to Marzan with his left hand, the one free of the wolf-headed seal. "Hopefully, maybe you can make a connection that I can't."

Reactions: Keotsu

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kōtetsu reluctantly allows the old immortal to ferry him into the next room, away from the prying eyes and of the others within the forge. He can tell from the blacksmith's tone and gaze at the seal housing the Sanguine Maw that the old man knows, at least to some extent, about the relic weapons and their origin, and that the presence of one in his forge wasn't welcomed.

The Inuzuka pulls the cloak concealing his face and pulls back the garb to reveal the container with the Five-Tails DNA sealed inside. "Old man, last time we spoke, you suggested that the Beats I'm hunting were among the first of Tiamat's Children. In a similar vein, I've heard stories that the Tailed Beasts were created by the Sage of Six Paths." He pauses for a moment and studies the Blacksmith's face, gauging his expression for any changes. "I dove into the Kaizoku Sea, and while I felt I was being watched by something incredibly large, I was unable to come into contact with one of the Beasts of Tiamat. I didn't want to return empty-handed, so I hunted the Five-Tails and took a sample of its flesh for you to analyze if possible."

Kōtetsu hands the cork container to Marzan with his left hand, the one free of the wolf-headed seal. "Hopefully, maybe you can make a connection that I can't."
Back within the adjacent room, Marzan and Kōtetsu's dialogue occurred before the present events of Faye, Lillith and Baiken's arrivals. As Kōtetsu detailed his steps since they last met he made no mention of how he came to possess one of those twisted constructs. No matter. He'd apparently failed to find one of the spawn of Tiamat, and yet fought something seemingly of equivalent nature and strength. With the container in hand, Marzan opened it and began to take in exactly what he was looking at. Though his vision seemed strained at some points, he eventually closed the container once more, and gave his answer.

"The connection is that there isn't one, at least at face value. The Beasts of Tiamat were flesh and blood creatures given form by the Goddess herself. I don't know what exactly a Tailed Beasts is, nor who the Sage of Six Paths was as they came long after my time, but this here? It isn't flesh so to speak. It's Chakra in the form of flesh. Big difference. Whatever the Tailed Beasts are, they are nothing akin to the Beasts of Tiamat."

Handing the container back, Marzan wondered if this surface level distinction was enough to sate his curiosity. Probably not, as there was little to operate off of, but regardless, it was an important distinction to make.

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Apologies for the delay. Honestly, just felt burnt out the last few days.

The smith fell silent for some time, mostly wondering where some of the earlier visitors were, like the oddly clad Mugetsu asking for a kyoketsu-shoge, or Hei and how it could possibly be taking so long to gather lumber for a bow. As the young lady that accompanied Alucard entered once more he thought very little of her presence, as it had been a very frequent thing recently, so he got used to the sound of her voice introducing another newcomer.

"Be with you in a second lass."

While his intent was true, once more he slipped into a state of concentration over the designs he had yet to give form, retaining the thought while yet more souls entered the Forge to have theirs crafted. As he looked around, his solipsistic trance broken, he was about to address Lilith, only to find her gone already. The woman she left behind held a rather rebellious air to her, though looks could be deceiving. She was certainly dressed provocatively, or perhaps simply for efficiency in combat. Regardless, she clearly held the look of a swordswoman about her, though the smith didn't jump to any conclusions as to what she was after. After a moment to collect himself, he addressed Baiken directly.
"Baiken is it? What'll it be?"
With no real words she could utter from her mouth, business was business and Baiken had a lot to think about, based on her experience not but a day or so ago…

Baiken dug out her ninja pouch and pulled out a kunai… She then threw it on a nearby table.

“I need one of these. Only one.” she said sternly. Why only one puny kunai? She had one goal in mind, and she only had one shot. So, one kunai it is.

“But make it better.”

Now, how was this legendary Marzan fellow going to make it better? Baiken had no idea and she left it up to his imagination, hoping it was better than hers… “One shot…” she muttered to herself repeatedly as she paced up and down the immediate area waiting on instructions from the legendary blacksmith.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Back within the adjacent room, Marzan and Kōtetsu's dialogue occurred before the present events of Faye, Lillith and Baiken's arrivals. As Kōtetsu detailed his steps since they last met he made no mention of how he came to possess one of those twisted constructs. No matter. He'd apparently failed to find one of the spawn of Tiamat, and yet fought something seemingly of equivalent nature and strength. With the container in hand, Marzan opened it and began to take in exactly what he was looking at. Though his vision seemed strained at some points, he eventually closed the container once more, and gave his answer.

"The connection is that there isn't one, at least at face value. The Beasts of Tiamat were flesh and blood creatures given form by the Goddess herself. I don't know what exactly a Tailed Beasts is, nor who the Sage of Six Paths was as they came long after my time, but this here? It isn't flesh so to speak. It's Chakra in the form of flesh. Big difference. Whatever the Tailed Beasts are, they are nothing akin to the Beasts of Tiamat."

Handing the container back, Marzan wondered if this surface level distinction was enough to sate his curiosity. Probably not, as there was little to operate off of, but regardless, it was an important distinction to make.
Kōtetsu takes the container with a heavy sigh. It seems as if his journey into the Kaizoku Sea and the battle with the Five-Tails in the Badlands yielded little to no results. It was as if he had risked his life for nothing. The only thing he learned was about the difference between the Tailed Beasts and the Beasts of Tiamat, information that he didn't find particularly useful at this point in time.

"I see..." he mumbles dishearteningly. "Either way, at least your original deduction regarding the Kaizoku Sea was somewhat correct. While I couldn't tell exactly what was watching me from its depths, it's certain that something is down there. It would have been too dangerous to pursue whatever it was at the time, but I believe it's necessary to investigate what exactly dwells there."

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kōtetsu takes the container with a heavy sigh. It seems as if his journey into the Kaizoku Sea and the battle with the Five-Tails in the Badlands yielded little to no results. It was as if he had risked his life for nothing. The only thing he learned was about the difference between the Tailed Beasts and the Beasts of Tiamat, information that he didn't find particularly useful at this point in time.

"I see..." he mumbles dishearteningly. "Either way, at least your original deduction regarding the Kaizoku Sea was somewhat correct. While I couldn't tell exactly what was watching me from its depths, it's certain that something is down there. It would have been too dangerous to pursue whatever it was at the time, but I believe it's necessary to investigate what exactly dwells there."
Perhaps he expected more of Marzan, but he was but a humble smith. The extent of his knowledge of these Beasts starts and ends with their creation in the war between Tiamat and her Children. The Beasts of Tiamat could be said to be her first successful spawn after she was spurned by the children she loved so much. And yet they were but a precursor to her flawless, perfect children; the Lahmu. Kōtetsu still maintained an optimistic outlook on the situation but the tone was undeniably crestfallen, but he was luckier than he knew.

"These Beasts, seemingly lost without their Mother, scattered to winds after the war, and have slumbered since.
If what you say is true, the fact that something noticed your presence is remarkable on it's own..."

The fact that his prior assumption, that the place where Marduk ended all as it was and where everything as it is began, was correct surprised the smith somewhat. It made sense though, as it was the last place the Beasts were seen. Perhaps one never truly left that spot, and had been waiting all this time...

"It could be a weakening of the veil between here and the Void, or perhaps the resurgence of Tiamat's Divinity from Her appearance in the north, and the resulting ripples it's had on the world, but it sounds as though, if a Beast is down there, it's waking up."

Dropping his more hostile tone and front, Marzan gave a look of serious concern.

"If you're going back down there, do not do so lightly. I think you were lucky last time, and relying on that again won't do you any good. You drifted past as it was clinging to the last vestiges of it's age old rest. If it's still loyal to Tiamat, it may very well see your presence as more than a mere annoyance..."

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Perhaps he expected more of Marzan, but he was but a humble smith. The extent of his knowledge of these Beasts starts and ends with their creation in the war between Tiamat and her Children. The Beasts of Tiamat could be said to be her first successful spawn after she was spurned by the children she loved so much. And yet they were but a precursor to her flawless, perfect children; the Lahmu. Kōtetsu still maintained an optimistic outlook on the situation but the tone was undeniably crestfallen, but he was luckier than he knew.

"These Beasts, seemingly lost without their Mother, scattered to winds after the war, and have slumbered since.
If what you say is true, the fact that something noticed your presence is remarkable on it's own..."

The fact that his prior assumption, that the place where Marduk ended all as it was and where everything as it is began, was correct surprised the smith somewhat. It made sense though, as it was the last place the Beasts were seen. Perhaps one never truly left that spot, and had been waiting all this time...

"It could be a weakening of the veil between here and the Void, or perhaps the resurgence of Tiamat's Divinity from Her appearance in the north, and the resulting ripples it's had on the world, but it sounds as though, if a Beast is down there, it's waking up."

Dropping his more hostile tone and front, Marzan gave a look of serious concern.

"If you're going back down there, do not do so lightly. I think you were lucky last time, and relying on that again won't do you any good. You drifted past as it was clinging to the last vestiges of it's age old rest. If it's still loyal to Tiamat, it may very well see your presence as more than a mere annoyance..."
As soon as Marzan finished speaking the Inuzuka realizes that he would once again be returning to the Kaizoku Sea. He thinks back to his last two expeditions into the deep, and while he had the ability to maneuver beneath the waves and explore, he lacked the means to battle unimpeded underwater. In order to use his full strength against the beast that dwelled there meticulous preparations had to be made to give him every advantage, especially since he didn't know what kind of abilities the creature possessed. He locks eyes with old immortal standing across from him. There was no one better suited to assist him than the blacksmith who had already been helping him this entire time.

"Marzan," he begins, "While I'm able to safely traverse the depths to investigate, battling in that environment is a completely different story. Is there anything you can craft or anything you believe i can procure to increase my odds of surviving?"

It was a shameless request, but one that he needed to make. If the blacksmith was unable to help any further, then the only other person who could possibly possess something to help him would be the Spider and his collection of strange artifacts.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As soon as Marzan finished speaking the Inuzuka realizes that he would once again be returning to the Kaizoku Sea. He thinks back to his last two expeditions into the deep, and while he had the ability to maneuver beneath the waves and explore, he lacked the means to battle unimpeded underwater. In order to use his full strength against the beast that dwelled there meticulous preparations had to be made to give him every advantage, especially since he didn't know what kind of abilities the creature possessed. He locks eyes with old immortal standing across from him. There was no one better suited to assist him than the blacksmith who had already been helping him this entire time.

"Marzan," he begins, "While I'm able to safely traverse the depths to investigate, battling in that environment is a completely different story. Is there anything you can craft or anything you believe i can procure to increase my odds of surviving?"

It was a shameless request, but one that he needed to make. If the blacksmith was unable to help any further, then the only other person who could possibly possess something to help him would be the Spider and his collection of strange artifacts.
The line of thought, while reasonable seeing as the smith had helped him thus far, would be met with an absolute rebuff. Marzan may be old with the wisdom of the era of the Gods, but he was also rather lacking in anything special to send the young man on his way. Even the most sacred treasures of his Armory had been pilfered beyond the veil of a barrier that would keep out the Gods themselves. All he had left were his tools, and Forge. It wasn't like he kept a spare "Anti Beast of Tiamat maguffin" in the back for just such an occasion. Kōtetsu would have to make do with what he had, or find it elsewhere.

"This is a smithy, not a convenience store lad. There's nothing more here than what I need to perform my craft. Best I can do is offer you a weapon and send you on your way, however... I can tell you already have a weapon that may very well exceed your needs."

His words were cold, but underneath it all there was a tone of concern. Despite whatever else he held against the young man, and his recent decisions, he was still one of the Champions responsible for his rescue from Irkalla. Seeing no reason to draw out the conversation further, he gave some parting advice, before he returned to the Forge proper.

"You and that friend of yours, the one with the gauntlets? Watch your backs.
That is, unless you want those foul things buried in them..."

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
The line of thought, while reasonable seeing as the smith had helped him thus far, would be met with an absolute rebuff. Marzan may be old with the wisdom of the era of the Gods, but he was also rather lacking in anything special to send the young man on his way. Even the most sacred treasures of his Armory had been pilfered beyond the veil of a barrier that would keep out the Gods themselves. All he had left were his tools, and Forge. It wasn't like he kept a spare "Anti Beast of Tiamat maguffin" in the back for just such an occasion. Kōtetsu would have to make do with what he had, or find it elsewhere.

"This is a smithy, not a convenience store lad. There's nothing more here than what I need to perform my craft. Best I can do is offer you a weapon and send you on your way, however... I can tell you already have a weapon that may very well exceed your needs."

His words were cold, but underneath it all there was a tone of concern. Despite whatever else he held against the young man, and his recent decisions, he was still one of the Champions responsible for his rescue from Irkalla. Seeing no reason to draw out the conversation further, he gave some parting advice, before he returned to the Forge proper.

Kōtetsu senses the change in the blacksmith's mood as he talks about the weapon contained within the seal on his hand, but beneath his cold demeanor was a hint of concern. He'd long since gathered that the old man didn't necessarily have a problem with him, but with the weapon itself, and as such he brushes off the immortal's behavior and takes his advice regarding them to heart. Advice that he wasn't sure he'd get a chance to share with Lucifer, for the upcoming battle was one he didn't know if he could survive. He watches Marzan as he leaves before pulling the hood of his cloak over his face and flowing after him back out into the forge.

He heads straight for the door but suddenly stops just before leaving the smithy. "Old man," he says as he glances over his shoulder. "I'll see you again, yea?"

The Inuzuka doesn't wait for an answer. He crosses the threshold and steps out into the port before vanishing from sight.

-Leaving Landmark-

Last edited:

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After no response from the blacksmith as he seemed too busy with other people…… Uglier people…. Baiken took her kunai from off the counter and left. Maybe she will come back another time, or not. She had one hunch to do right and it was skewered by the incompetence of another human. That’s all it took for Baiken to turn her back on humanity, given the things she had seen that had her brainwashed at this current moment. All hope felt lost to her. She was born a Ronin, and she will die the same way. Alone. And humanity was not needed for that. The voidlords wouldn’t need to chop down humanity if Baiken slowly did it for them, or perhaps they will even be pleased. I mean after all, it wasn’t voidlords that took her family, or her eye, or even her arm… It was her own race. Humans. Humanity. It’s a pitiful species. And all it took was for the blacksmith to ignore her for her to think about this, only if for a split second. But it felt good to be mentally free. With her newfound power, she doubted that she needed any of these so-called “legendary” items anyway…. Baiken would make herself a legend and engrave her name in the flesh of anyone who wielded a weapon from this blacksmith…… he had cursed them all without even knowing.

Leaving location

Daemon

Legendary
Kin
1,754💸
Kumi
72,430💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards

Coming from: Port of Innovus (212) | Page 10 | Anime Forum (animebase.me)

Susabi walked into Marzan's workshop and rested the sacks of ore at his feet.

Hopefully, this is enough for the weapon.
He addressed Marzan, awaiting his reply.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from: Port of Innovus (212) | Page 10 | Anime Forum (animebase.me)

Susabi walked into Marzan's workshop and rested the sacks of ore at his feet.

Hopefully, this is enough for the weapon.
He addressed Marzan, awaiting his reply.
As Baiken seemingly vanished from perceivable reality in an instant, and whispers of a figure known as the Beast of the East took her place somewhere out there in the world, Susabi returned to the Forge. The smith was beginning to wonder about the growing number that visited him, yet never returned to collect upon his offer of his works. He was happy to see at least one refuse to join those ranks. With a blunt but perhaps concerned tone Susabi posited to the smith that the ore he collected should be enough for his design, and Marzan agreed.

"Aye. Take a seat, this is delicate work. Might take a while."

Taking the sacks from the floor, Marzan repeated the process he had done so many times before. He collected all the metals into one large, unique smelting pile. He gathered and split, refined and separated the metals multiple times, each time layering it atop itself, ensuring the metals would all mix together to create one alloy unique to Susabi. Eventually a single large mass was formed, and from it Marzan began to divide it into numerous separate ingots. From these fragments he began to form the base of Susabi's almost claw-like weapons, forming two plates that would protect the back of his hand. From here Marzan created a series of smaller plates, each one sculpted to fit Susabi's hands, and interlock with one another. The end result began to look like plate mail, though nowhere near as cumbersome or clunky. Susabi's intent seemed to be offensive, not defensive, so a bulky design was counter to this wish. In keeping with this, Marzan kept taking glances at the man's hands, tweaking certain points where necessary until the freedom of movement was no longer an issue in question. Lastly he took a set of engraving tools and gave them an elegant but not overbearing flair, so that they would fit with his attire. Nothing extravagant, they were after all his to paint with his soul, but enough to not look like mere lumps of metal on his hands either.

Blowing the excess from the engraving, and what little soot and debris that remained after the forging process, he handed them over. Though cryptically worded, he told Susabi that they were not yet complete.

"That's the best I can do. The rest is up to you. Paint a picture upon them with your soul."

(Kamikorosu: Sasukōgake) – God Slayer: Piercing Gauntlets
Type: God-Slaying Artifact
Range: N/A
Chakra: N/A
Damage: N/A
Description: A pair of gauntlets with pointed tips at the fingers to allow for piercing strikes with the hand, now forged as a God-Slaying Tool. Designed to fit hand the hand of one who has honed their hand's capabilities to their utmost limit, it is a deadly instrument of precision. This weapon was forged for Susabi; because it is a product of certain Atavistic techniques it is bound to his soul, its anti-Divinity properties are able to pierce the defenses afforded to Divine enemies in the Ninja World. This does not confer a God-Slaying Tool the ability to defeat properties of Anutu or its sub-components; it is specifically targeted against Divine enemies in the Ninja World and the Divinity that they possess. With proper focusing and enhancements perhaps this weapon can become even stronger.