Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Listening to the smith's needs, Shirou would decide that it would only be obvious for him to head to the Badlands of Earth, it was his country after all. As such, Shirou would activate his Kama and teleport via a rift back to the Badlands.

( Kāma ) - Karma
Type: Mode
Range: Short
Chakra: Equal to Jutsu absorbed Damage
Damage: ( Varies depending on Level )
Description: Kāma is a seal that serves as a compressed backup of an Ōtsutsuki clan member's biological data that they can embed in the body of a chosen recipient, transforming them into a vessel for the Ōtsutsuki's will should they sustain fatal injuries. The vessel can learn to activate the Kāma and utilize a portion of the Ōtsutsuki's power and abilities, at times even allowing the Ōtsutsuki's will to manifest and take control over their body. When activated, Kāma significantly enhances the user's physical abilities and power as well as absorb enemy's attacks like ninjutsu and large-scale explosions. In its various forms, these abilities are shared across them, though amplified at higher levels as well as adding newer abilities depending on the user's mastery potential.
Level 1: The lowest level, this version simply creates black markings across the user's body, and increases all of their Ninjutsu and Taijutsu by +20. This level also allows the user to cause explosions of built up chakra and allows the user the ability to absorb up to 40 chakra and below Ninjutsu regardless of rank up to 3 times ( once per turn ). The user gains a doubled speed boost as well as a durability capable of reducing 20 damage from techniques. He also becomes capable of healing 10 additional damage per turn.
Level 2: This level, containing the same markings as before but with them now stretching up the arm and allowing the user to grow a small horn, likewise allows the user to increase their physical attacks and Ninjutsu by +30. Their Kāma now allows the user the ability to absorb any Ninjutsu of 60 chakra and below regardless of rank up to 3 times ( once per turn ) and the use of Kāma Rift. The user gains a 3x speed boost as well as a durability capable of reducing 30 damage from techniques. He also becomes capable of healing 15 additional damage per turn.
Level 3: The highest level of the Kāma seal, the user's markings cover his entire and spreads across his face and body in nearly symmetrical sunburst patterns. This version greatly increase his reactions and speed to the max, gaining a +40 damage boost to their Ninjutsu and Taijutsu by 30. Their Kāma allows the user the ability to absorb any Ninjutsu regardless of rank up to 4 times ( once per turn). The user gains a quintupled speed boost as well as a durability capable of reducing 40 damage from techniques. They can now use the Kāma Rift up to times per opponent. In this form, the user's personality changes to that of the Ōtsutsuki who gave them the Kāma as they possess the vessel.
Note: Kāma cannot absorb non-chakra based physical matter, such as non chakra based viruses or natural existing water from a river being manipulated, thus becoming a vulnerability towards such attacks and weapons.
Note: Only Boruto, Kawaki, and Jigen bios can use. Boruto can only use Level 1 and 2 while Jigen and Kawaki have access to Level 2 and 3.
Note: Can only be activated a max of 3 times, each lasting 6 turns with a 4 turn cooldown period. Level 3 can only be used twice for up to 8 turns. After a use of Level 3, no other version can be used for at 8 turns, requiring a notable time for the ability to recharge Jigen's body. During this period, he cannot make use of Forbidden ranked techniques nor his unique Doujutsu techniques for 3 turns
Note: After absorption, he is only able to use 2 jutsu the next turn.
( Kāma Hame ) - Karma Rift
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: 50
Damage: N/A
Description: This technique is a Space–Time Ninjutsu used by those with access to Kāma. The user creates a rift, which allows anyone enveloped to transfer to a chosen location including foreign dimensions. The rift's formation is fast enough to catch targets off guard and transport them alongside the user, as well as to evade attacks from enemies at the last moment. Two Kāma recipients can collaboratively manifest the rift from their marks to bypass barriers. The rift's formation is fast enough for catch targets off guard, teleporting as close as 5 meters away and if in contact with them, transport them alongside himself when teleporting.
Note: Can only be used once every 2 turns and requires Kāma to be active.
Note: Can only be used by Kawaki, Boruto, Jigen and custom bios with Red Kāma
Note: Can only be used 3 times in Level 2 and 5 times in Level 3.
LLM

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from here

The pair of Surgebinders finally arrive at the armoury. The Count noticed the forge was a lot less grandiose than he expected. He glances around the room and notices a distinct lack of raw materials. Dantes notices a man with matted black hair, garbed in a way that suggested he was the blacksmith they had sought out, and steps towards him.

"The two of us travelled here upon learning of your elite craftsmanship, specifically these God-Slaying Tools". He holds up the poster he had taken from the noticeboard in Tsuchi Heiho as he concludes his sentence. "I have remained in solitude over the last few years and precious little information has found its way to me in that time. May I ask for more information regarding these weapons? How did they earn the name? Why do you forge them?" He pauses before making any further enquiries as he realizes the slight impropriety of engaging in business before the proper introductions had been made. "Where are my manners? The name is Dantes. What might I call you?"

@Imperfect

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Arriving from Here.

You must be registered for see images
After having trudged across the Western coast of Tobusekai in an effort to reach the Armory that she was told of back in the Last Bastion city, Chise had finally come across the entrance of the Smith's dwelling. She'd steadily pass a glance from a scroll she had held in front of her, then up again to the Armory, then down once again to the scroll. Upon further investigation, one might see something of a elementary, albeit neatly drawn map set upon it, accompanied by the sigil of Marzan; his brand that served as ones ability to identify not only his craft, but also his shop. With a resolute breath, Chise carefully rolled the scroll up and tucked it into her coat. "
So this is it then?" The jet-black hound that stood beside Chise looked up toward the doorway of the Armory just as she did. With a subtle nod to answer his question, Chise turned to glance upon him. "Ruth, stay in my shadow for now. I'm not sure what to expect, so I don't want to risk anything.." Ruth stared at Chise for only a moment before he steadily shifted toward her shadow as she had asked, slowly submerging himself into it, as if falling into a body of water. "Don't hesitate to call for me if you need." Chise let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding, offering only a brief thought toward Ruth as he submerged himself: "Always.." before she'd readily enter the Armory.

Carefully yet steadily, Chise moved herself further inward within the Smithy, taking in whatever subtle decorative arrangements might have been within. Though it was difficult to tell the difference between what was decorative, and what was simply armaments that were scattered about in an idling placement, waiting to serve a yet-to-be-defined purpose since their creation. Finally rounding a corner that separate the entrance of the Armory to the main forgery of the establishment, Chise saw the illumination of the forge, bellowing and hard at work. The air was rich with sulfur, charcoal and the tinge of iron and steel, among other metals. Scanning the room, she noticed that a group -a pair of finely adorned men- that each seemed to be waiting patiently for their opportunity to commune with the Smith themselves. She had entered halfway through their own personal introductions and addressal toward the Smith, Marzan, whom appeared to be working up his effort to respond at his leisure. Instead of throwing herself into the thick of it, rudely interjecting to a dialogue well underway, she opted to stay stationary toward the back wall, hands folded lightly in front of her as she made an effort to avoid staring too obviously at the others within the Armory while she waited patiently for her opportunity to approach Marzan herself. With any luck, she might overhear something that would serve to help her better understand what the Smith was about, as well the works he offered.

@Imperfect

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from here

The pair of Surgebinders finally arrive at the armoury. The Count noticed the forge was a lot less grandiose than he expected. He glances around the room and notices a distinct lack of raw materials. Dantes notices a man with matted black hair, garbed in a way that suggested he was the blacksmith they had sought out, and steps towards him.

"The two of us travelled here upon learning of your elite craftsmanship, specifically these God-Slaying Tools". He holds up the poster he had taken from the noticeboard in Tsuchi Heiho as he concludes his sentence. "I have remained in solitude over the last few years and precious little information has found its way to me in that time. May I ask for more information regarding these weapons? How did they earn the name? Why do you forge them?" He pauses before making any further enquiries as he realizes the slight impropriety of engaging in business before the proper introductions had been made. "Where are my manners? The name is Dantes. What might I call you?"
Arriving from Here.

After having trudged across the Western coast of Tobusekai in an effort to reach the Armory that she was told of back in the Last Bastion city, Chise had finally come across the entrance of the Smith's dwelling. She'd steadily pass a glance from a scroll she had held in front of her, then up again to the Armory, then down once again to the scroll. Upon further investigation, one might see something of a elementary, albeit neatly drawn map set upon it, accompanied by the sigil of Marzan; his brand that served as ones ability to identify not only his craft, but also his shop. With a resolute breath, Chise carefully rolled the scroll up and tucked it into her coat. "
So this is it then?" The jet-black hound that stood beside Chise looked up toward the doorway of the Armory just as she did. With a subtle nod to answer his question, Chise turned to glance upon him. "Ruth, stay in my shadow for now. I'm not sure what to expect, so I don't want to risk anything.." Ruth stared at Chise for only a moment before he steadily shifted toward her shadow as she had asked, slowly submerging himself into it, as if falling into a body of water. "Don't hesitate to call for me if you need." Chise let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding, offering only a brief thought toward Ruth as he submerged himself: "Always.." before she'd readily enter the Armory.

Carefully yet steadily, Chise moved herself further inward within the Smithy, taking in whatever subtle decorative arrangements might have been within. Though it was difficult to tell the difference between what was decorative, and what was simply armaments that were scattered about in an idling placement, waiting to serve a yet-to-be-defined purpose since their creation. Finally rounding a corner that separate the entrance of the Armory to the main forgery of the establishment, Chise saw the illumination of the forge, bellowing and hard at work. The air was rich with sulfur, charcoal and the tinge of iron and steel, among other metals. Scanning the room, she noticed that a group -a pair of finely adorned men- that each seemed to be waiting patiently for their opportunity to commune with the Smith themselves. She had entered halfway through their own personal introductions and addressal toward the Smith, Marzan, whom appeared to be working up his effort to respond at his leisure. Instead of throwing herself into the thick of it, rudely interjecting to a dialogue well underway, she opted to stay stationary toward the back wall, hands folded lightly in front of her as she made an effort to avoid staring too obviously at the others within the Armory while she waited patiently for her opportunity to approach Marzan herself. With any luck, she might overhear something that would serve to help her better understand what the Smith was about, as well the works he offered.

The sweat had barely left his brow before another series of potential God Slayers entered the Forge. Once upon a time he thought he'd given a Tool to every soul who sought to acquire one, as the number of new faces had begun to dwindle, and even faces he had seen once never returned to receive their requested arms, so he thought his usefulness spent, at least for the moment. How glad he was to be proven wrong. One man clad in the most gauche golden armour ever seen, another clad in deepest shadows, and finally a young woman whose own shadow carried a pair of piercing red eyes, to which the smith raised a brow, but nothing more. She seemed none too bothered by it, and didn't seem to be the sort who would cause others unnecessary bother, so he left it at that. The shadow-clad one spoke up first, introducing himself as Dantes last, asking for the smith's name. A rather amused grin formed at the ends of the smith's mouth. Pointing to the very note Dantes had in his hand, Marzan introduced himself.

"Name's Marzan, welcome to the Armory of Marzan, where Marzan's world renowned God Slaying Tools, forged by Marzan, can be found."

Smug smile plastered across his face, content that he should have made his point, Marzan gave the other questions posed the proper attention.

"They're known as God Slaying Tools as, simply put, they allow humans to kill Gods. Gods have this nasty little thing known as Divinity which allows them to ignore any attack made by mortal hands. It was especially bad during Humanity's Last Stand against Tiamat, her brood and beasts carrying that selfsame ability as the Goddess of Life Herself, albeit in a weakened form. My tools allowed even common farmers the ability to cut through that impenetrable shield, giving the Humans the ability to fight back. As for why I forge them...? It's because I can. And because Humanity needs that edge now more than ever. You've got people running around stealing Divinity these days and causing all kinds of messes, not to mention I heard Tiamat reappeared not too long ago. If you ask me I'd say the Humans of this era got off lucky with just having an ocean corrupted."

After giving a slightly more detailed spiel than usual, the smith gave his typical question.

"So, everyone, what'll it be?"

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

The sweat had barely left his brow before another series of potential God Slayers entered the Forge. Once upon a time he thought he'd given a Tool to every soul who sought to acquire one, as the number of new faces had begun to dwindle, and even faces he had seen once never returned to receive their requested arms, so he thought his usefulness spent, at least for the moment. How glad he was to be proven wrong. One man clad in the most gauche golden armour ever seen, another clad in deepest shadows, and finally a young woman whose own shadow carried a pair of piercing red eyes, to which the smith raised a brow, but nothing more. She seemed none too bothered by it, and didn't seem to be the sort who would cause others unnecessary bother, so he left it at that. The shadow-clad one spoke up first, introducing himself as Dantes last, asking for the smith's name. A rather amused grin formed at the ends of the smith's mouth. Pointing to the very note Dantes had in his hand, Marzan introduced himself.
"Name's Marzan, welcome to the Armory of Marzan, where Marzan's world renowned God Slaying Tools, forged by Marzan, can be found."

Smug smile plastered across his face, content that he should have made his point, Marzan gave the other questions posed the proper attention.
"They're known as God Slaying Tools as, simply put, they allow humans to kill Gods. Gods have this nasty little thing known as Divinity which allows them to ignore any attack made by mortal hands. It was especially bad during Humanity's Last Stand against Tiamat, her brood and beasts carrying that selfsame ability as the Goddess of Life Herself, albeit in a weakened form. My tools allowed even common farmers the ability to cut through that impenetrable shield, giving the Humans the ability to fight back. As for why I forge them...? It's because I can. And because Humanity needs that edge now more than ever. You've got people running around stealing Divinity these days and causing all kinds of messes, not to mention I heard Tiamat reappeared not too long ago. If you ask me I'd say the Humans of this era got off lucky with just having an ocean corrupted."

After giving a slightly more detailed spiel than usual, the smith gave his typical question.
As the Smith pulled his attention across the room, Chise felt his piercing gaze settle upon her. He wasn't a gaze of malice or intimidation, yet one that was piercing and powerful all the same.. If but for an instance, she could see his attention fall shortly to her shadow, of which caused the hairs upon her neck to stand stiff for a brief moment. She couldn't help but fear the possible misunderstanding that could come as consequence of her choosing to conceal her trusty companion as she had. Yet as the moment past, the Smith had turned his attention from her and continued on to the rest of the company gathered within the armory as he began to offer his "presentation" of his services and craft. In a way, she couldn't help but feel slightly responsible for his otherwise very specific and clear explanation accompanied by a conveniently placed history lesson, yet she certainly wasn't going to complain.

While she wanted to ensure the party ahead of her had their rightful opportunity to place their order first, Chise knew that her time to accomplish what she needed to was finite. The world was on a collision course with greater change than she could possibly comprehend. The lesson that Marzan had just given only seemed to confirm that intuitive notion. As a means to avoid rudely interrupting the order of arrivals, with her being the last to arrive, Chise opted to instead pull from her back a staff that she carried around with her. One that she had gotten by some means from her past that hadn't yet been explored in detail to anyone but herself. At a glance, it seemed hardly more than a piece of nearly-rotted wood that was shaped into a nice design. It wasn't quite as tall as her, four, maybe five feet in length, give or take, but by all accounts it could otherwise pass for a staff, albeit in its current condition, wouldn't reliably work for a walking stick... Raising the staff to attention in front of her, holding it delicately in her hands, she aimed to have it serve as a silent show of what she had in mind for the Smith to replicate for her, if at all possible, through his own creative talents. If further questions were necessary of her, she assumed that Marzan would certainly make them as he saw fit, whether he wanted to wait for the other party to make their request first as Chise had, or not.

Reactions: Negative Knight

Matt

Legendary
Kin
827💸
Kumi
15,077💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Gilgamesh listened to the smiths words intently. He brought up numerous interesting things such as Tiamat, and people stealing divinity for themselves. How foolish. Those not blessed with divinity from birth do not possess the right to hold their heads higher than a worm. He then posed an interesting question, asking what exactly each person here had come seeking. Gilgamesh thought on this for a moment, he considered his past capabilities and what they could do. Until a time comes he can return to his former power mere imitations would have to do, and for something considered to be a God Slaying Tool one thing in particular would fit such a task.

For me, I would ask for something to bring these mere pretenders back down to the ground, something to chain them back to reality.

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

The Count's lips curl into a half-smile at the wry remark. He listens intently to the rest of Marzan's answer and attempts to commit every detail to memory. Tiamat. Stolen Divinity. A corrupted ocean. It was a fantastical story, but Dantes was not the type to take it at face-value. Nor was he the type to dismiss it out of hand. The disturbance which shook the Throne was an unprecedented event; he would need to moderate his usual skepticism and open his mind to unthinkable possibilities. Perhaps the greatest thing about Marzan's response was that the blacksmith had furnished him with details. Concrete facts that could be verified or falsified. His answer alluded to events which had taken place in recent and living memory. And this meant there would be witnesses, written accounts. The Count could arrive at the truth at last. Until then, he would have to proceed as if this information were both true and false. To his credit, Marzan didn't seem like the covetous or dishonest type and the manner in which he stated his purpose resonated with the Count. Responsibility fell to those who were capable. For Dantes, this responsibility came in the form of vengeance, divine retribution.

"A pair of black chains would suit me just fine."

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As the Smith pulled his attention across the room, Chise felt his piercing gaze settle upon her. He wasn't a gaze of malice or intimidation, yet one that was piercing and powerful all the same.. If but for an instance, she could see his attention fall shortly to her shadow, of which caused the hairs upon her neck to stand stiff for a brief moment. She couldn't help but fear the possible misunderstanding that could come as consequence of her choosing to conceal her trusty companion as she had. Yet as the moment past, the Smith had turned his attention from her and continued on to the rest of the company gathered within the armory as he began to offer his "presentation" of his services and craft. In a way, she couldn't help but feel slightly responsible for his otherwise very specific and clear explanation accompanied by a conveniently placed history lesson, yet she certainly wasn't going to complain.

While she wanted to ensure the party ahead of her had their rightful opportunity to place their order first, Chise knew that her time to accomplish what she needed to was finite. The world was on a collision course with greater change than she could possibly comprehend. The lesson that Marzan had just given only seemed to confirm that intuitive notion. As a means to avoid rudely interrupting the order of arrivals, with her being the last to arrive, Chise opted to instead pull from her back a staff that she carried around with her. One that she had gotten by some means from her past that hadn't yet been explored in detail to anyone but herself. At a glance, it seemed hardly more than a piece of nearly-rotted wood that was shaped into a nice design. It wasn't quite as tall as her, four, maybe five feet in length, give or take, but by all accounts it could otherwise pass for a staff, albeit in its current condition, wouldn't reliably work for a walking stick... Raising the staff to attention in front of her, holding it delicately in her hands, she aimed to have it serve as a silent show of what she had in mind for the Smith to replicate for her, if at all possible, through his own creative talents. If further questions were necessary of her, she assumed that Marzan would certainly make them as he saw fit, whether he wanted to wait for the other party to make their request first as Chise had, or not.
Gilgamesh listened to the smiths words intently. He brought up numerous interesting things such as Tiamat, and people stealing divinity for themselves. How foolish. Those not blessed with divinity from birth do not possess the right to hold their heads higher than a worm. He then posed an interesting question, asking what exactly each person here had come seeking. Gilgamesh thought on this for a moment, he considered his past capabilities and what they could do. Until a time comes he can return to his former power mere imitations would have to do, and for something considered to be a God Slaying Tool one thing in particular would fit such a task.

For me, I would ask for something to bring these mere pretenders back down to the ground, something to chain them back to reality.
The Count's lips curl into a half-smile at the wry remark. He listens intently to the rest of Marzan's answer and attempts to commit every detail to memory. Tiamat. Stolen Divinity. A corrupted ocean. It was a fantastical story, but Dantes was not the type to take it at face-value. Nor was he the type to dismiss it out of hand. The disturbance which shook the Throne was an unprecedented event; he would need to moderate his usual skepticism and open his mind to unthinkable possibilities. Perhaps the greatest thing about Marzan's response was that the blacksmith had furnished him with details. Concrete facts that could be verified or falsified. His answer alluded to events which had taken place in recent and living memory. And this meant there would be witnesses, written accounts. The Count could arrive at the truth at last. Until then, he would have to proceed as if this information were both true and false. To his credit, Marzan didn't seem like the covetous or dishonest type and the manner in which he stated his purpose resonated with the Count. Responsibility fell to those who were capable. For Dantes, this responsibility came in the form of vengeance, divine retribution.

"A pair of black chains would suit me just fine."

The young lady's wordless request was simple, elegant. Her staff had seen better days, or perhaps not, hard to tell if the rot was inherent to the material, or something that had occurred as a result of travel and time. By contrast, the pair of men had the same odd request. While he had requests to work with chains in the past, like with Mugetsu's kyoketsu-shoge, and even recently Dabi's sword with chain attached, to ask for a pair of chains? God help any Divinity they captured.

"Simple enough. You all need to go get your own materials. Shouldn't take you very long."

Marzan gave them direction, and sent all three on their way.

Robin, complete three B-Rank missions in the Land of Fire to gather the raw wood that Marzan needs to forge your tool, then return.

Matt, Negative Knight, complete three B-Rank missions in the Badlands of Earth or the Iron Peninsula to gather the raw ore that Marzan needs to forge your tool, then return.

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

The young lady's wordless request was simple, elegant. Her staff had seen better days, or perhaps not, hard to tell if the rot was inherent to the material, or something that had occurred as a result of travel and time. By contrast, the pair of men had the same odd request. While he had requests to work with chains in the past, like with Mugetsu's kyoketsu-shoge, and even recently Dabi's sword with chain attached, to ask for a pair of chains? God help any Divinity they captured.
"Simple enough. You all need to go get your own materials. Shouldn't take you very long."

Robin, complete three B-Rank missions in the Land of Fire to gather the raw wood that Marzan needs to forge your tool, then return.
Matt, Negative Knight, complete three B-Rank missions in the Badlands of Earth or the Iron Peninsula to gather the raw ore that Marzan needs to forge your tool, then return.
Upon receiving the instructions, Dantes nods in acknowledgment and addresses Gilgamesh without turning towards him.

"I'm going to return to Tsuchi Heiho before gathering raw materials elsewhere in the Badlands. It was a pleasure, Gilgamesh." With that brief farewell, the Count disappears in a flash of black and dark green energy.

(Kanki: Kyojin no Jidai) – Surge of Evocation: Epoch of Titans
Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 20-40
Damage Points: N/A
Description: Considered the father technique of Era of Gods and Dynasty of Kings, Epoch of Titans uses the Surge of Evocation's ability to teleport objects and Surgebinders to the Throne, and return them to the field.

The Everlasting Heaven - Warping Time
This variant involves surging a large amount of Prana throughout the user’s body in order to enter the Throne. Their body, and everything on their person, will disappear instantly in a flash of light reflecting the color of their Prana. The user will then reappear amidst another flash of light at a location of their choosing. If the user reappears within less than a meter of the opponent, the opponent can react with any instant, passive or freeform or chakraless technique. Reappearing is accompanied by a crackling sound, creating both an audible and visual queue. The instant use of this technique, which doesn't take a slot in the timefreame, is enabled by the fact that the ethereal energy already exists within their chakra systems. Thrice per battle the user can utilize a stronger version of this ability (S-Rank) to prolong their stay in the Throne. This allows them to exist within the alternate dimension as Prana, which effectively places their body in a stasis. This halts blood loss, the propagation of poisons, the duration of active techniques/abilities, and any other aliments or conditions. This will happen for as long as the user is within the Throne. The user can only remain there for a maximum of four turns per usage. The first application, considered A-Rank, can only be used once every three turns. It can also only be used four times per battle. The second application, considered S-Rank, can only be used three per battle and operates on the same cooldown as the A-Rank version. S-Rank applications render the user unable to use S-Rank or higher Prana for the next turn, if the user remains in the Throne for longer than a turn.

Leaving Landmark

Matt

Legendary
Kin
827💸
Kumi
15,077💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gilgamesh listened to the requirements from the blacksmith. Fairly tedious tasks but they sounded simple enough. He watched Dantes leave and decided to do the same fading away into a golden glow of prana.

LLM

(Kanki: Kyojin no Jidai) – Surge of Evocation: Epoch of Titans
Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 20-40
Damage Points: N/A
Description: Considered the father technique of Era of Gods and Dynasty of Kings, Epoch of Titans uses the Surge of Evocation's ability to teleport objects and Surgebinders to the Throne, and return them to the field.

The Everlasting Heaven - Warping Time
This variant involves surging a large amount of Prana throughout the user’s body in order to enter the Throne. Their body, and everything on their person, will disappear instantly in a flash of light reflecting the color of their Prana. The user will then reappear amidst another flash of light at a location of their choosing. If the user reappears within less than a meter of the opponent, the opponent can react with any instant, passive or freeform or chakraless technique. Reappearing is accompanied by a crackling sound, creating both an audible and visual queue. The instant use of this technique, which doesn't take a slot in the timefreame, is enabled by the fact that the ethereal energy already exists within their chakra systems. Thrice per battle the user can utilize a stronger version of this ability (S-Rank) to prolong their stay in the Throne. This allows them to exist within the alternate dimension as Prana, which effectively places their body in a stasis. This halts blood loss, the propagation of poisons, the duration of active techniques/abilities, and any other aliments or conditions. This will happen for as long as the user is within the Throne. The user can only remain there for a maximum of four turns per usage. The first application, considered A-Rank, can only be used once every three turns. It can also only be used four times per battle. The second application, considered S-Rank, can only be used three per battle and operates on the same cooldown as the A-Rank version. S-Rank applications render the user unable to use S-Rank or higher Prana for the next turn, if the user remains in the Throne for longer than a turn.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

With a nod of silent recognition to the forgemaster, having been given the list of materials and the whereabouts that she might be able to find them most effectively, Chise bowed her head to Marzan before straightening her attention once more, returning the staff to her back and then exiting the armory, making way for the coast once again, now having need to shift continents with haste.

LLM

Sinthorus

Elite
Kin
3,644💸
Kumi
23,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[Coming from Here]

Azriel finally arrived back at the forge. It had been a long journey full of dangers but now he returned with what the smith had asked of him. He walked over to the table placing his satchel on it, unfolding the cloth to reveal the metal that he'd found in the depths of the earth. The stone that reflected light when there was none.

"I return with that which you asked, the material fit for a weapon. Would you be willing forge me a new Katana from this?"

Mission 1
Mission 2
Mission 3

@Imperfect

Python

Elite
Kin
2,287💸
Kumi
2,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Coming from here X

Vincent would arrive at the forge's location his intrest in these God slaying tools was peaked if they even existed though he was going to find out, not knowing what might entrench the forge being hidden all sorts of inhabitants may reside within so Vincent was cautious as he descended down into the forge. Being empty expect for a figure in a distance maybe a man by the build of him.

Vincent would walk across this forge supposley from the rumours and whispers it was meant to be something grand though in his eyes everything seen better days, approaching the man he would call out "im looking for a great smith would that be you?"

@Imperfect

The_Empire

Supreme
Kin
6,343💸
Kumi
3,430💴
Trait Points
18⚔️
Coming from here

Arya arrives back at Marzan place. She takes out the scroll which contains every single ore she had gathered for her tool. She unseals them all and say,

“Mr. Marzan I’m back. I have gathered everything required to create the sword I requested. The one that’s a Knight’s sword which has the wolf smbol on the hilt of it that’s my family crest.”

She waits for him patiently.

@Imperfect

Part One Ore
Part Two Ore
Part Three Ore

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Arriving from Here.

Three B-ranked missions for GST: 1, 2, 3

After several days of a "leisurely pace" that carried her from the outskirts of the land of fire back into that of Tobusekai, nearing the armory of Marzan, Chise had little sense of urgency in her arrival, despite the hurdles she went through to accomplish what was asked of her by Marzan. In fact, it was because of those same hurdles that she couldn't help but feel the weight of the world pulling against her heels.. Something plagued her thoughts, gnawed at her mind which in turn pulled taut upon her joints and muscles by sheer dispersion of the stress she had endured and seemed to continue dragging behind her even now..

As the hours ticked by and days settled one after the other, Chise had finally found herself darkened at the entrance of Marzan's armory once again. In a way, she was taken by surprise at her sudden arrival, as if having almost completely managed the travel in a form of auto-pilot, only finally finding her consciousness after she -or perhaps her body- realized where they were as the rich scent of sulfur and other metals filled the air. With a slow, shallow breath to try and center herself, Chise meditated on her thoughts for a moment before slowly raising her hands, bringing her palms into a firm yet careful clap, clap against her own cheeks as if to pull herself to attention. Turning her attention to her side, she narrowed her vision toward her canine companion, who had long since kept his own gaze upon her before she had met his. "Alright.. same as before, just in case.." There was a soft gravel to Chise's voice, one that forced her to speak softly in almost a whisper, as if needing to clear her throat before she'd continue. Despite the vagueness of her statement, Ruth knew full well what Chise was implying and why. On cue, the Grim approached in a slight bounce of his step, practically diving into Chise's shadow as he seemed to submerge and envelop into it, leaving him out of sight and out of mind for any who might find his presence less hospitable.

With a slow step forward, Chise found herself entering into the armory once again, steadily making her way by memory through the halls before she found herself within the central forge as she had been before, where she found several other parties ahead of her that had been positioned on something of a.. less-than-orderly line, each pushing their interests onto the smith one after the other in declaration of their intentions. While it might seem more appropriate to push herself forward in an effort to claim that same level of attention, as time was certainly precious, especially to Marzan, who no doubt had time to wait and guess at her needs, it wasn't exactly in Chise's nature to push through the spotlight and call for attention; in fact, such behavior was completely antithetical to her, down to her very core. Just the thought of such boldness made her nauseas. Instead, she opted to position herself along the back wall, behind the row of other patrons awaiting to be addressed by the smith, where she then placed her green satchel bag down in front of her, slowly untangling its hinged top and flipped it open to reveal the collection of the bark material that Marzan had sent her after, leaving it in display while she waited silently for things the settle down.

@Imperfect

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
[Coming from Here]

Azriel finally arrived back at the forge. It had been a long journey full of dangers but now he returned with what the smith had asked of him. He walked over to the table placing his satchel on it, unfolding the cloth to reveal the metal that he'd found in the depths of the earth. The stone that reflected light when there was none.

"I return with that which you asked, the material fit for a weapon. Would you be willing forge me a new Katana from this?"

Mission 1
Mission 2
Mission 3
Coming from here

Arya arrives back at Marzan place. She takes out the scroll which contains every single ore she had gathered for her tool. She unseals them all and say,

“Mr. Marzan I’m back. I have gathered everything required to create the sword I requested. The one that’s a Knight’s sword which has the wolf smbol on the hilt of it that’s my family crest.”

She waits for him patiently.

Part One Ore
Part Two Ore
Part Three Ore
Arriving from Here.

Three B-ranked missions for GST: 1, 2, 3

After several days of a "leisurely pace" that carried her from the outskirts of the land of fire back into that of Tobusekai, nearing the armory of Marzan, Chise had little sense of urgency in her arrival, despite the hurdles she went through to accomplish what was asked of her by Marzan. In fact, it was because of those same hurdles that she couldn't help but feel the weight of the world pulling against her heels.. Something plagued her thoughts, gnawed at her mind which in turn pulled taut upon her joints and muscles by sheer dispersion of the stress she had endured and seemed to continue dragging behind her even now..

As the hours ticked by and days settled one after the other, Chise had finally found herself darkened at the entrance of Marzan's armory once again. In a way, she was taken by surprise at her sudden arrival, as if having almost completely managed the travel in a form of auto-pilot, only finally finding her consciousness after she -or perhaps her body- realized where they were as the rich scent of sulfur and other metals filled the air. With a slow, shallow breath to try and center herself, Chise meditated on her thoughts for a moment before slowly raising her hands, bringing her palms into a firm yet careful clap, clap against her own cheeks as if to pull herself to attention. Turning her attention to her side, she narrowed her vision toward her canine companion, who had long since kept his own gaze upon her before she had met his. "Alright.. same as before, just in case.." There was a soft gravel to Chise's voice, one that forced her to speak softly in almost a whisper, as if needing to clear her throat before she'd continue. Despite the vagueness of her statement, Ruth knew full well what Chise was implying and why. On cue, the Grim approached in a slight bounce of his step, practically diving into Chise's shadow as he seemed to submerge and envelop into it, leaving him out of sight and out of mind for any who might find his presence less hospitable.

With a slow step forward, Chise found herself entering into the armory once again, steadily making her way by memory through the halls before she found herself within the central forge as she had been before, where she found several other parties ahead of her that had been positioned on something of a.. less-than-orderly line, each pushing their interests onto the smith one after the other in declaration of their intentions. While it might seem more appropriate to push herself forward in an effort to claim that same level of attention, as time was certainly precious, especially to Marzan, who no doubt had time to wait and guess at her needs, it wasn't exactly in Chise's nature to push through the spotlight and call for attention; in fact, such behavior was completely antithetical to her, down to her very core. Just the thought of such boldness made her nauseas. Instead, she opted to position herself along the back wall, behind the row of other patrons awaiting to be addressed by the smith, where she then placed her green satchel bag down in front of her, slowly untangling its hinged top and flipped it open to reveal the collection of the bark material that Marzan had sent her after, leaving it in display while she waited silently for things the settle down.
Apologies for the delay in this reply. Irl complications and obligations, holidays, the usual.

Bodies began flowing into the forge once more after a small period of stagnation. One by one previous patrons returned, the spoils of their adventures in hand, with one new face making themselves known to the smith. As he ensured there would be no interruptions from last minute walk-ins from some faces that had yet to return to the forge, Marzan began preparing everything in the forge once more. No small amount of time past before the smith was sure no others would show up, asking for their forgiveness and patience on part of the crimson clad individual who had yet to make their request known.

"I'll be with you soon, but first I need to see to these three? Yes, three."

But the smith knew better of course. Collecting the ore from both Azriel and young lady Arya, he placed the ore upon the forge allowing the flames to engulf the raw minerals and start to melt the individual masses. While this was happening, Marzan took the bark and wood from Chise and began to carve out the basic shape of a staff from two of the chunks of wood, aiming to connect the pair with a simple looking yet highly complex joint that wouldn't be visible from the surface, all the while treating the wood with the flames from the forge. Seeing no reason to rob the young lady of her role in this, the smith beckoned Chise forward with a gesture. The forge was hot and stuffy, but the flames wouldn't harm her, not so long as she was both human and an ally. Primarily he wanted to inspect her current staff's head to make sure he got the design right, though judging from how battered and beaten it looked, along with the fact that she had not discarded it thus far, it may very well hold sentimental value and so he allowed Chise some small measure of involvement in the crafting of her new deity-slaying walking stick, giving her the choice to keep the old head if she wished. Ever the multitasker, Marzan continued to watch and mold the molten metal for the pair of would-be God Slaying swordsmen, ensuring they were both purged of any lingering imperfections in the metal before beginning to solidify their designs. Once the metals had seemingly been purified of all harmful structural weaknesses it became more of a juggling act of sculpting the blades and whittling the wood down to it's final shape, finding the tools within the molten metals and wood respectively. As he carved down Chise's staff, Marzan took a glance over at Arya remembering her previous comment, and began playing around with a scrap of wood from the forges floor, appearing to carve something into it with the whittling knife, putting no small amount of care and consideration into this seemingly unrelated little craft.

A couple hours passed in the span of mere moments to those captivated by the art of the craft, though this was a more mundane, expected affair for those who just wished for their tools, which perhaps included the newest arrival. Everything seemed to drag on before in a flash Marzan finished with the katana and knight's sword for Azriel and Arya, handing the young lady the scrap of wood before he completed her weapon. There sculpted into the wood was the wolf's head motif Arya wished to see incorporated into the sword. Pressing it onto the sword's surface molded the face of the sword's guard to that same shape, before it's shape was finalized with a quenching. The finishing touches were put on both the sword and the katana, wrapping the handle of each with leather and cloth scraps which surprisingly came out looking rather neat and well put together. Marzan was nothing if not a master of the craft, making masterpieces from what he had on hand. Handing the pair their weapons, he spared no time returning to the finishing touches on Chise's tool. While he didn't refuse to hear any thanks, they weren't necessary as he provided this service for the sake and preservation of humanity, and for the love of the craft itself. It only took him a couple more moments to assemble and finalize the staff, holding the tool over the flames of his forge, reinforcing the wood with it's Anti-Divine properties as the joints within the staff were all but erased, making one solid piece. Inspecting it one last time, he tossed it over to Chise. She would find it surprisingly well balanced, almost perfectly so in fact, despite the size of the head when compared to the slender stick the petite bird was perched upon.

(Kamikorosu: Katana) – God Slayer: Sword
Type: God-Slaying Artifact
Range: N/A
Chakra: N/A
Description: A curved blade of extreme quality, the Katana is a favored weapon of the inhabitants of the Iron Peninsula, now forged as a God-Slaying Tool. Being roughly 2.5ft in length from tip to guard, it is a deadly instrument of precision, especially in the hands of a master. This weapon was forged for Azriel; because it is a product of certain Atavistic techniques it is bound to his soul, its anti-Divinity properties are able to pierce the defenses afforded to Divine enemies in the Ninja World. This does not confer a God-Slaying Tool the ability to defeat properties of Anutu or its sub-components; it is specifically targeted against Divine enemies in the Ninja World and the Divinity that they possess. With proper focusing and enhancements perhaps this weapon can become even stronger.

(Kamikorosu: Kishi no Ken) – God Slayer: Knight's Sword
Description: A light, straight sword of extreme quality, the Knight's Blade is a traditionally styled weapon from a bygone era, now forged as a God-Slaying Tool. With the sword itself being roughly 2.5ft in length from guard to tip, this weapon is a deadly instrument of precision, especially in the hands of a master. Evident by the wolf's head present on the blade's guard, this weapon was forged for Arya; because it is a product of certain Atavistic techniques it is bound to her soul, its anti-Divinity properties are able to pierce the defenses afforded to Divine enemies in the Ninja World. This does not confer a God-Slaying Tool the ability to defeat properties of Anutu or its sub-components; it is specifically targeted against Divine enemies in the Ninja World and the Divinity that they possess. With proper focusing and enhancements perhaps this weapon can become even stronger.

(Kamikorosu: Shokuin) – God Slayer: Staff
Description: A long staff carved from a special wood foraged from the forests of Yeoneung, forged as a God-Slaying Tool. Roughly 4ft in length from end to end it is a curiously simple yet wondrous tool used for blunt strikes with it's expertly crafted robin-motif head. This tool was forged for Chise; because it is a product of certain Atavistic techniques it is bound to her soul, its anti-Divinity properties are able to pierce the defenses afforded to Divine enemies in the Ninja World. This does not confer a God-Slaying Tool the ability to defeat properties of Anutu or its sub-components; it is specifically targeted against Divine enemies in the Ninja World and the Divinity that they possess. With proper focusing and enhancements perhaps this weapon can become even stronger.

"Don't know about you lot, but I certainly had fun.
Now off go,the lot of you. Wave those things around anywhere these days and you're bound to find a God to slay."

Coming from here X

Vincent would arrive at the forge's location his intrest in these God slaying tools was peaked if they even existed though he was going to find out, not knowing what might entrench the forge being hidden all sorts of inhabitants may reside within so Vincent was cautious as he descended down into the forge. Being empty expect for a figure in a distance maybe a man by the build of him.

Vincent would walk across this forge supposley from the rumours and whispers it was meant to be something grand though in his eyes everything seen better days, approaching the man he would call out "im looking for a great smith would that be you?"
He chuckled at his commentary of the rather alarming prevalence of Divinities in recent days, before turning his attention squarely on the latest potential God-Slayer to wander into the Armory.

"If it's not clear by now, to answer your previous question a smith I would be, yes. What can I do for you?"

Reactions: The_Empire

The_Empire

Supreme
Kin
6,343💸
Kumi
3,430💴
Trait Points
18⚔️
Apologies for the delay in this reply. Irl complications and obligations, holidays, the usual.

Bodies began flowing into the forge once more after a small period of stagnation. One by one previous patrons returned, the spoils of their adventures in hand, with one new face making themselves known to the smith. As he ensured there would be no interruptions from last minute walk-ins from some faces that had yet to return to the forge, Marzan began preparing everything in the forge once more. No small amount of time past before the smith was sure no others would show up, asking for their forgiveness and patience on part of the crimson clad individual who had yet to make their request known.

But the smith knew better of course. Collecting the ore from both Azriel and young lady Arya, he placed the ore upon the forge allowing the flames to engulf the raw minerals and start to melt the individual masses. While this was happening, Marzan took the bark and wood from Chise and began to carve out the basic shape of a staff from two of the chunks of wood, aiming to connect the pair with a simple looking yet highly complex joint that wouldn't be visible from the surface, all the while treating the wood with the flames from the forge. Seeing no reason to rob the young lady of her role in this, the smith beckoned Chise forward with a gesture. The forge was hot and stuffy, but the flames wouldn't harm her, not so long as she was both human and an ally. Primarily he wanted to inspect her current staff's head to make sure he got the design right, though judging from how battered and beaten it looked, along with the fact that she had not discarded it thus far, it may very well hold sentimental value and so he allowed Chise some small measure of involvement in the crafting of her new deity-slaying walking stick, giving her the choice to keep the old head if she wished. Ever the multitasker, Marzan continued to watch and mold the molten metal for the pair of would-be God Slaying swordsmen, ensuring they were both purged of any lingering imperfections in the metal before beginning to solidify their designs. Once the metals had seemingly been purified of all harmful structural weaknesses it became more of a juggling act of sculpting the blades and whittling the wood down to it's final shape, finding the tools within the molten metals and wood respectively. As he carved down Chise's staff, Marzan took a glance over at Arya remembering her previous comment, and began playing around with a scrap of wood from the forges floor, appearing to carve something into it with the whittling knife, putting no small amount of care and consideration into this seemingly unrelated little craft.
A couple hours passed in the span of mere moments to those captivated by the art of the craft, though this was a more mundane, expected affair for those who just wished for their tools, which perhaps included the newest arrival. Everything seemed to drag on before in a flash Marzan finished with the katana and knight's sword for Azriel and Arya, handing the young lady the scrap of wood before he completed her weapon. There sculpted into the wood was the wolf's head motif Arya wished to see incorporated into the sword. Pressing it onto the sword's surface molded the face of the sword's guard to that same shape, before it's shape was finalized with a quenching. The finishing touches were put on both the sword and the katana, wrapping the handle of each with leather and cloth scraps which surprisingly came out looking rather neat and well put together. Marzan was nothing if not a master of the craft, making masterpieces from what he had on hand. Handing the pair their weapons, he spared no time returning to the finishing touches on Chise's tool. While he didn't refuse to hear any thanks, they weren't necessary as he provided this service for the sake and preservation of humanity, and for the love of the craft itself. It only took him a couple more moments to assemble and finalize the staff, holding the tool over the flames of his forge, reinforcing the wood with it's Anti-Divine properties as the joints within the staff were all but erased, making one solid piece. Inspecting it one last time, he tossed it over to Chise. She would find it surprisingly well balanced, almost perfectly so in fact, despite the size of the head when compared to the slender stick the petite bird was perched upon.
Type:
God-Slaying Artifact
Description: A curved blade of extreme quality, the Katana is a favored weapon of the inhabitants of the Iron Peninsula, now forged as a God-Slaying Tool. Being roughly 2.5ft in length from tip to guard, it is a deadly instrument of precision, especially in the hands of a master. This weapon was forged for Azriel; because it is a product of certain Atavistic techniques it is bound to his soul, its anti-Divinity properties are able to pierce the defenses afforded to Divine enemies in the Ninja World. This does not confer a God-Slaying Tool the ability to defeat properties of Anutu or its sub-components; it is specifically targeted against Divine enemies in the Ninja World and the Divinity that they possess. With proper focusing and enhancements perhaps this weapon can become even stronger.
Type:
God-Slaying Artifact
Description: A light, straight sword of extreme quality, the Knight's Blade is a traditionally styled weapon from a bygone era, now forged as a God-Slaying Tool. With the sword itself being roughly 2.5ft in length from guard to tip, this weapon is a deadly instrument of precision, especially in the hands of a master. Evident by the wolf's head present on the blade's guard, this weapon was forged for Arya; because it is a product of certain Atavistic techniques it is bound to her soul, its anti-Divinity properties are able to pierce the defenses afforded to Divine enemies in the Ninja World. This does not confer a God-Slaying Tool the ability to defeat properties of Anutu or its sub-components; it is specifically targeted against Divine enemies in the Ninja World and the Divinity that they possess. With proper focusing and enhancements perhaps this weapon can become even stronger.
Type:
God-Slaying Artifact
Description: A long staff carved from a special wood foraged from the forests of Yeoneung, forged as a God-Slaying Tool. Roughly 4ft in length from end to end it is a curiously simple yet wondrous tool used for blunt strikes with it's expertly crafted robin-motif head. This tool was forged for Chise; because it is a product of certain Atavistic techniques it is bound to her soul, its anti-Divinity properties are able to pierce the defenses afforded to Divine enemies in the Ninja World. This does not confer a God-Slaying Tool the ability to defeat properties of Anutu or its sub-components; it is specifically targeted against Divine enemies in the Ninja World and the Divinity that they possess. With proper focusing and enhancements perhaps this weapon can become even stronger.

Now off go,the lot of you. Wave those things around anywhere these days and you're bound to find a God to slay."

He chuckled at his commentary of the rather alarming prevalence of Divinities in recent days, before turning his attention squarely on the latest potential God-Slayer to wander into the Armory.
"If it's not clear by now, to answer your previous question a smith I would be, yes. What can I do for you?"
Arya watches at amazement with what the Smith has done. He has created not one but three weapons. She has never seen such dedication and flare. She was hooked at the moment of the art this artist is creating. Time flew by to her but it was well over two hours it took but she didn’t care because she was watching art at its finest. The man was done and so she waited for a moment looking at the sword and smiled. She picked it up with her right hand. The sword felt like she was connected with it on another level. She felt like she knew what to don next with it. She hurried up and left the armory to continue her journey. Before she took one step out of the armory she bowed to the smith Marzan and left.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Type:
God-Slaying Artifact
Type:
God-Slaying Artifact
Type:
God-Slaying Artifact

The low horizon of Chise's delicate mental state was often quite difficult to pull her out of, least of all in places unfamiliar to her; surrounded by faces unfamiliar to her. The one means of comfort to her was the lingering presence of Ruth, tucked quietly away within her shadow as a means to avoid any unwarranted confrontation with the Smith. After having met him more than once now, seeing how diligent he was with his work and careful he was with every motion left her feeling an air of both confidence and humbleness; two traits that one would be hard pressed to find in someone that was anything less than a sincere and trustworthy soul. Perhaps eventually, after Marzan had the opportunity to learn more of Chise herself, she might feel more confident in introducing him to Ruth as well. It was unlikely that the master Smith was a stranger to non-human beings, but the air on the side of caution was far easier to breathe for the moment, she thought. So for now, she would just have to deal with the hovering loneliness she felt pitted within her recesses, do what needed to be done all-the-while..

Then, as if by sheer magic, Chise watched in steady observation as Marzan went to work. The furnace was lit ablaze, the ores made to molten form in a slow yet steady reduction before her very eyes. Of course these materials were not for her request, yet it was always fascinating to watch such delicate work at play, especially in the hands of a true craftsman. As the moments trickled by and minutes bled away one after the other, Chise found herself steadily mesmerized by the workflow that Marzan had taken into. The seamless transition from one craft to the next; between shaping the metals in brief moments of perfect malleability from their fixed temperatures long enough to bring hammer to anvil a handful of times in focused, intentional points upon the metal to gradually form it out into what would no doubt inevitably become two brilliant blades for the other two commissioners of the Smith's craft. The very embers and sparks that fluttered about the forge left a potent scent of earth -ranging in traces of minerals from sulfur to iron to simple coal- within the air. To most, it was an off-putting smell, one that would easily push many a pace backwards, if nothing else but to even avoid the growing uncomfortable heat of the forge. But not Chise. The oddity of a child instead found herself inching closer, albeit trying to maintain some semblance of consciousness for her positioning, hoping not to seem too obvious in her efforts to close the gap while simultaneously trying to stay out of the way, and out of immediate sight. In what felt like an instant, and for the first time in many years, Chise felt something of a child-like wonder again, incapable of helping her fascination for the process of what was happening before her eyes.

As if on cue, Marzan had finally turned his attention back toward the "waiting area," where all of his "clients" waited in baited anticipation for their requests to be fulfilled. Yet despite the range of patrons, Marzan had singled Chise out, fixing his steel gaze upon her, which of course came with Chise matching his attention, only to catch a breath in her lungs, having felt like a doe caught in the open; shoulders locking and her posture freezing in place as she anticipated the potential addressal of her displacement from her original station within the space, no doubt seen as a trespass within the boundary of the craftsman's personal space. Yet instead of that, he lifted a hand and ushered her closer. An unexpected outcome, certainly.. After a couple of bewildered fluttering blinks, Chise slowly pointed her gaze from one side to the other, playing the stereotype of expecting someone unbeknownst to her to have appeared out of thin air behind her and serve as the one Marzan was addressing, instead of her. But, alas, it was only her. Taking in a deep breath, she remembered -or perhaps it was more accurate to say she had to remind herself- that she was safe here, at least at the present, and it served no real purpose for her to allow her insecurities to get the better of her; now of all times. With no answer to his beckoning gesture other than the steady, careful pacing forward to meet his request, Chise had only just now noticed the staff she had asked of him to make, long since whittled out and on its way to becoming a final product. Perhaps it was due to her daydreaming-like trance she fell into observing the metalworking at hand that she had never even taken notice of the fact that he had begun her staff, which was either telling of her distractive nature, or Marzan's impeccable talent in his trade; perhaps both.. Though the creation was still very much in its infancy, lacking the finer details yet molding into its proper shape and proportions all the same, Chise couldn't help but find her features soften as her emerald eyes seemed to glisten as she placed eyes upon it.. How could she possibly describe the feeling of seeing something so dear to her take shape and form, right before her very eyes..? "Did She go through this same process..?" Chise wondered within her thoughts, isolating a memory she had -however vague it might have been- of the person who was likely the previous owner of the staff she carried with her; the original of the newer staff that Marzan was now preparing for her as a sort of replica, although original in its own way, given its intended function and purpose.

Marzan had suddenly stopped his work after Chise had approached and stood for a few short moments, only to ask for the original staff. With a steady shift of her posture, Chise shrugged her backpack off of her shoulders, which with it came sliding down the original staff; wilted and withered in its frail condition. She carefully extended it toward Marzan, where she was left to hold it at attention for Marzan to use as reference, of course freeing it loose from her own grip at any instance that Marzan might need to take it within his own hands to feel or see whatever he needed to of the piece. Then, after what felt like a lingering moment seemed to stretch the span of possibly an hour before Chise was ushered once again by the Smith to take hold of the woodwork. Slowly she set the original staff to the side, propped up against a convenient surface for it to stand against while she immediately replaced her grip with the newer make. She wasn't entirely sure what to do at first, yet she then watched as Marzan placed in her other hand the whittling knife before shifting his attention back to the swords he had been tending to previously. "w-Wait--" Chise barely managed to get out before the Smith had long since been off to work on the other components. Was she supposed to work on it herself now..? An obvious sense of responsibility echoed behind her thoughts, reasoning that Marzan no doubt took careful notice of Chise's personal value she had for the likeness of this staff, yet she had never done something like this before in the past, at least not on this scale.. Was she honestly fit to do something like this..? What is she ruined the wood.. or worse, ruined any of what Marzan had already done himself..? A slow bead of sweat steadily trickled down her temple, no doubt a combination of the heat of the smithy from the bellowing forge and the tension she felt from the responsibility placed in her hands now. With knitted brows, Chise stared upon the tool and staff within her hands, unsure of where to even begin. After a few lingering moments, she gently drew in a slow breath, breathing deep from within her abdomen before she gently let it out, her eyes since shuttered to a close behind her eyelids as she worked to fetch resolve somewhere within her. ".. The best way to calm the water is to leave it alone.." She mumbled to herself gently; a proverb, or perhaps a simple lesson that she was taught when she was much younger. Either way, it was something that often gave her resolve enough to settle the differences between her heart and her mind, allowing her to take at least one more step toward something she wanted to accomplish..

Gripping the whittling tool tight within her hand, Chise's emerald eyes steadily opened as she eyed the half-built staff within her grasp. She slowly brought herself to a seated position upon the ground, resting atop her legs as she looked up upon the older staff in front of her now. Slowly the knife inched closer to the wood, steadily working her way into the frame of the wood. One smooth -albeit nervous- stroke after the other, Chise had begun to pace herself through one fluid ribbon-like carving that wrapped steadily around the full length of the staff from one end to the other. Over time, the scraps of the wood chips and sawdust had begun to gather around her, filling her lap and the ground around her. Once she felt herself falling into the deep rhythmic pace of the carving process, the blink of an eye had let time fly around her, Marzan having since carefully approached behind Chise after long since concluding several steps to the creation of the other projects he had been working on after leaving Chise to add her own personal touches to the staff. After giving it a once over, Chise finally noticed Marzan behind her, which had startled her, but only due to the depth of her focus having relieved her of her ability to recognize Marzan approach her. She slowly stood, handing the staff back to the Master himself, who had returned to his own work, all the while allowing for Chise to linger close by, witnessing the work from one step to the next in careful attentiveness.

After awhile, his work was finally finished. Marzan had approached the other two patrons and presented them their commissions with pride in his work abundant, letting them take their leave before he then merely walked past Chise. She let out a breath she was unknowingly holding, having in some small portion of her held onto a hope that her staff was done and ready to be handed to her as well. She hadn't realized how anxious she had grown over this whole process. For many years she held onto the crumbling inevitably of the original staff being turned to dust before her very eyes, taking with it everything that was precious about it to her, so it went without saying that this was of great importance to her; more than even she realized in the beginning. While she had been quite observant of the whole process thus far, somehow Chise had absent-mindedly neglected the realization that the head of the staff was not done just yet, and more specifically, she hadn't noticed it being worked on at any point at all. Yet she watched as Marzan pulled a half-done project from his tools, the robin perched upon a branch as he
began to finalize the finishing touches to its intricate detail before fixing it upon the staff as a whole all together before placing it carefully and intently within the forge's flames, tempering the wood and molding each of its pieces together in a seamless masterpiece that was truly telling of the craftsman's talent. Chise's eyes glimmered with awe as she watched it slowly withdraw from the forge as its final product, only to be tossed in what seemed careless -albeit intently- toward her. With a deep gasp and a light squeak, Chise scrambled to catch it within her hands, of which no doubt offered Marzan a level of enjoyment to see her panic in such a way; rude, to say the least.. With a heavy sigh of relief after giving the staff a quick once over to make sure it was still in one piece, she then gave herself the lingering moments long enough to inspect every finer detail of it. The vibrant red saturation of the wood had come to the surface through the tempering process, a coloration that reflected the vibrancy of her own hair. Carefully, Chise tucked it tightly against her chest, as if hugging it in place, her emerald eyes began to sparkle with a soft beading of moisture that swelled from the inner corners of her eyes, shadowed off by her bangs that had slowly shifted across her visage as her head lowered for a moment to herself. Meanwhile, her shadow behind her had seemingly begun to mold to life, taking a tar-like substance to it as a shape gradually birthed forth from it. Stepping out beside her, the mass had steadily taken a more defined shape; fur, a snout, four legs, canine-like characteristics to be sure that could only mean to tell who this "new arrival" truly was: Ruth. Finished with crimson-red eyes with black pupils, the hound peered up at Chise for a brief moment with familiarity before he turned his attention upon Marzan, where he offered a subtle bow of his head toward the master Smith in something of a combined greeting and show of silent respect before lifting his head to meet the craftsman's attention once again. "The staff was her Mother's. It isn't my place to tell much of that particular tale, but it seemed appropriate to give a little context for all of this, and why it was so important for her."

After Ruth had finished his brief explanation, the room was left to silence for a time, likely giving Marzan time to address his new arrival while Chise settled on the sentiments of her memories surrounding the likeness of the staff she now held. It had only ever been a mere sentimental piece; a sort of heirloom that served no purpose, like a fragile flower that could never be used, only looked upon, and would inevitably turn to dust. While it wasn't the original, it was certainly its likeness, down to the most minor of subtle scratches or blemishes that were all tastefully arranged in an appropriate manner across the decorative nature of the staff. After a time to cherish it's completion to herself, Chise turned her attention toward Marzan once again. Though he had seemed to move on to new jobs, Chise couldn't let this opportunity slip her by.. "Thank you.. very much. I'm sure you've heard this before, but.. this means a lot to me. I know you probably put this much effort into all of the work you do.. such is the value of your mastership, but still.. I really appreciate it."

LLM

Last edited: