EZQ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have this question, from the bottom of my heart.

Do you people really just close your eyes and eat whatever Toei wants to give you? Do you not see the ridiculouss writing on dragon ball super being fed to you?

"don't like it, don't watch it" comments incoming

uhmusddy

Veteran
Kin
38💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Of course it has flaws but it was a fun ride. I don’t expect amazing writing but Super has its moments with that too.

Last episode was good

But yeah, don’t like it don’t watch it. You look stupid tuning in all the way to the last episode if you haven’t enjoyed it enough and think the show is utter trash

EZQ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Of course it has flaws but it was a fun ride. I don’t expect amazing writing but Super has its moments with that too.

Last episode was good

But yeah, don’t like it don’t watch it. You look stupid tuning in all the way to the last episode if you haven’t enjoyed it enough and think the show is utter trash
I dropped it after Vegita vs Toppo, and watched the last chapter. And yeah, i could just "not watch it", but i'm free to criticize the show, and it's fandom.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have this question, from the bottom of my heart.

Do you people really just close your eyes and eat whatever Toei wants to give you? Do you not see the ridiculouss writing on dragon ball super being fed to you?

"don't like it, don't watch it" comments incoming
I hate that type of comment too, it's too conclusive and biased.

If you enjoy watching something and you want the best for it, of course you're gonna have something to say if it's not at it's best, and it could be better. But those people don't "think"...they just say whatever..."don't like it, don't watch it"...incredibly selfish and self-entitled.

However, I don't quite agree with the statement that we eat whatever toei gives you, cause I certainly don't. But I believe the last episode was one of the best ones. Yes, it COULD have been better, but "super" has never been the series to be consistent with the good animation...the writing could be better, but I take what I can get.

SumnNarutoRelated

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Super had so much potential and opportunity to be great.

They had so much that preceded it to make it great. and it would've not taken much.

Ive never seen such a lazy effort and blatant attempt to cash in on a series.

If this is the best they can do in anime, then i cant wait until my book series becomes an anime.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The anime simply sucks. Once Goku black arc ended it went to ish. I dropped it long ago now i just read the manga.

Those hardcore DB fans would watch anything tho mostly cuz they're the Goku fanboys.

uhmusddy

Veteran
Kin
38💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dropped it after Vegita vs Toppo, and watched the last chapter. And yeah, i could just "not watch it", but i'm free to criticize the show, and it's fandom.
Yeah Vegeta vs Toppo was bad, can’t even deny that. & the forms are a matter of preference, that’s not ridiculous writing just because you don’t like it. Ultra Instinct was one of the best things to come out of Super for not being another basic power up

Bad writing was 18 asking 17 if he was really okay with resurrecting the erased universes instead of getting a boat

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Super had so much potential and opportunity to be great.

They had so much that preceded it to make it great. and it would've not taken much.

Ive never seen such a lazy effort and blatant attempt to cash in on a series.

If this is the best they can do in anime, then i cant wait until my book series becomes an anime.
A lot of on-going anime these days are poorly animated. However, DBS meets the mark when it comes to being a "decent" anime...especially with this recent arc. At first I was severely under satisfied, but things got good towards the end. It's potential is what kept me watching...the show was pretty moderate to severe, with me not watching whenever there were consecutive boring episodes. I'm not wasting my time for too long.

Last edited:

Exaar

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really want to like DBS (anime) but it's hard to do it sometimes, The poor execution by toei sticks out like a sore thumb.

The writing is ok, not the best but the execution is what ruins it overall, The manga does a much better job of telling the story and i hope it shows at least some of the potential that DBS has.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really want to like DBS (anime) but it's hard to do it sometimes, The poor execution by toei sticks out like a sore thumb.

The writing is ok, not the best but the execution is what ruins it overall, The manga does a much better job of telling the story and i hope it shows at least some of the potential that DBS has.
Yes, the manga has plenty of more time to "write out" a good story, or fill in the missing holes of the anime version of the plot...lmao. In that way, the manga has an advantage...

But let's be real here, DBZ wasn't ALL that BEFORE it was remastered, either. People worship the remastered version, because it's taking old material, an improving it with more modern technology.

You ever watch the old DBZ, you'll notice ALL SORTS OF THINGS.Still not an excuse for DBS to have lousy animation in these times and days, though.

I feel like it's people's "high expectations" that play into this. I think these recent last episodes were incredible. And I'm okay with that. Let's just hope the next DBS season, they improve or step their game up.

Last edited:

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just drop the anime and jump on board with the manga like I did a LONG time ago lmao. I started having slight issues with Super's writing (anime) around the Zamasu arc, but for me the anime really jumped the shark with the Tournament of Power. For me personally, the Tournament of Power (anime) is one of the worst arcs in the entire franchise - In my opinion they dropped the ball in regards to everything from the general character writing, the overall pacing (20 episodes to recruit a team???), and right down to the animation itself. I'm glad that they decided to go on hiatus to focus on the upcoming movie and just to cool-down in general, but after what they demonstrated with the Tournament of Power I think I'm going to stick with the manga exclusively going forward.

It's a shame too, because DBS had great potential and I feel nearly every complaint I have with the anime would have been solved had Toei made the decision to release DBS on a more modern schedule - by releasing 24(ish) episodes per year instead of insisting on releasing endlessly every single week. Ever since the end of the Big 3 Era (with the exception of One Piece), I just don't see the need to ever return to endless long-term releases in the future as DBS is a prime example of how these days that kind of schedule yields far more negatives than positives.

Darth Natsu Shazneel

Regular
Kin
29💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I never liked Super. I only started watching it when Goku got Ultra Instinct. Before than it was unbearable to watch. While watching it I have seen some of the most inconsistent writing along with art. Can't understand why they treated this series so horribly. I must say GT was a lot more better than this.

Cooh

Veteran
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There was alot of bad writing right from the start of Super. It seemed like a huge fanservice fest, with random characters getting ridiculous power ups (krillin able to fight goku blue for example). The Goku black arc was kind of cool but also filled with a huge amount of bs.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's dbz. The writing was always bad. The only thing that has really changed is that the power scaling got waaaay worse, and the plot restriction stronger. I mean, yeah, fighting is like 90% of the show, so that deals a strong blow.. but its dbz.. I just don't hold the bar high for dbz. If this were any other series, I wouldn't even be watching it. Dbz has a hardcore fanbase like that. People eat this up for no reason other than nostalgia, and I'm guilty.

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The anime had potential coming back but they went over the top with it, I dropped it but came back to it because 17 came back, I found out with all those memes people were posting in facebook so I was like damn I have to watch that at least.

EZQ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah Vegeta vs Toppo was bad, can’t even deny that. & the forms are a matter of preference, that’s not ridiculous writing just because you don’t like it. Ultra Instinct was one of the best things to come out of Super for not being another basic power up

Bad writing was 18 asking 17 if he was really okay with resurrecting the erased universes instead of getting a boat
But why would UI give Goku a new hair colour? We already knew what UI was, explained by Whis. It has no reason to be a new transformation, but hey, give Goku a new hair colour and everybody will burst trough their windows to buy any merchandise from it.

I never liked Super. I only started watching it when Goku got Ultra Instinct. Before than it was unbearable to watch. While watching it I have seen some of the most inconsistent writing along with art. Can't understand why they treated this series so horribly. I must say GT was a lot more better than this.
Lol Goku getting UI was one of the most BS moments of the series. Why did THAT make you start? And sorry to disagree, but GT is just bad in my opinion.

Reactions: Styles

Darth Natsu Shazneel

Regular
Kin
29💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol Goku getting UI was one of the most BS moments of the series. Why did THAT make you start? And sorry to disagree, but GT is just bad in my opinion.
Thats because that was the moment when youtube litterally erupted. I wanted to see what the hype was about.

GT had much better ideas than Super. The character designs it had were much more original. Super as a whole was nothing more than a cash grab with recyled ideas. GT was much more better.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thats because that was the moment when youtube litterally erupted. I wanted to see what the hype was about.

GT had much better ideas than Super. The character designs it had were much more original. Super as a whole was nothing more than a cash grab with recyled ideas. GT was much more better.
Gt was only better in having slightly better fleshed out plot, everything else was bad, including character designs(although that’s subjective obviously)

Ot: yea(and probably like millions of others) if only for the fact that we got new dragonball. There’s parts of Super I loved, and there’s parts of super that made me cringe(after they beat fused zamasu anyone?) but I still enjoyed it. The TOP plot was simple, and the outcome was seen since the beginning(wish for the other universes) but the last fight with the 3 and jiren was awesome to me. I liked them getting new powers, until you think back and realize it was a 40 min tourney lol all in all I’m happy with the series, I’ll never regard it as good as z, but my opinion will always be biased when it comes to comparing diff dragonball series. Was it good? At times(more often than not for me) was it great? Not in the context of some really great anime. The real question is did it deliver, and despite its shortcomings I think it did. I also think that this ending, just like narutos, was a rush job tho, and just like narutos, for a movie no less.