[Discussion] Are you disappointed in The War Arc?

Are you Disappointed in the War?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-The Agent-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I posted this in another thread, but I'd actually like to make a discussion based on this.

I went back to watching Part 1 Naruto and I couldn't believe I saw this huge of a difference. In part 1 there was a focus on all of the characters and not just Naruto. Granted he's the main character but look at a successful series such as DBZ. Although Goku is of course the strongest there was still focus on other characters such as Gohan, Trunks etc.

Ever since shippuden started it's basically been a race between Sasuke and Naruto to see who is the strongest. Leaving a lot of the other characters in the dust and forgotten. The only two character who got a little spotlight was Shikamaru, and Sakura. Both lasted a few episodes/chapters. We have yet to see the development of Hinata, Shino, Lee, Neji and other characters. Which we kind of saw a lot of in part 1. The naruto I saw was different. He wasn't the besst but he was confident and never gave up on anything because he was a dropout. Now all Naruto is focused on is his bonds with Sasuke. He's not worried about any of his friends, or his Hokage dream. He's just worried about Sasuke. This was was supposed to show the strength of the Konoha 11 as well as other villages. All we really saw is Chouji go into butterfly mode, Naruto's new transformation, and a little bit of Gaara.

Although I used to defend the war arc when people would make threads saying the war sucks, I have to agree with them, now that Kishimoto killed off the akatsuki memebers too quickly, now he was forced to resort to Edo tensei to revive them to try and make the war interesting, along with 100,000 Zetsu plants who are mostly useless in this war. The only thing they are good for is copying the allied shinobi's chakra. And I don't think it has worked.

Now on to the actual fights in the war. Kin Gin brothers was probably the worst fight in the series. I'm not looking forward to that in the Anime. I'd rather watch Tenten vs Temari in the chunin exams. 2 people swallowed by kurama and survived on chakra meat? That was a horrible idea, not to mention they have the So6Ps weapons, which seal a person if they say their favorite word? That was horrible.

Kakashi's rampage? How can you say Kakashi is about to go on a rampage vs the 7 mist swordsmen then don't show kakashi for about 40 chapters? Lol, the powers that each 7 swordsmen have felt a bit rushes. Zabuza's sword repairs itself by using the iron in blood. Dan talked about his ghost technique but we have yet to see it, or him fighting. What happened to Neji's father? What about Kimimaro and Chiyo?

Kishimoto also introduced some new KG and forgot about them. He introduced Dust as a KT and failed to elaborate more on it.

Itachi's gift to Naruto: I will give you a gift that might help you against sasuke. But turns out it is actually used on Edo Itachi and it's a genjutsu. Now it can't be used for another 10 years so Itachi destroys it anyways. It makes sense seeing as it's the only reason why Itachi is fighting Kabuto now, but the way it was introduced and it can only be used once, made it seem like a waste.

Kabuto Sage mode? :sy: ( no need to go into further detail)

The fact that all of the Edo's were defeated so easily makes every previous feat in the Manga useless. Kakuzu was literally owning Kakashi in the 1v1 situation, but as an Edo he didn't really do much against shika ino cho. Most of the Akatsuki members were strong enough to take on Jinchuriki but can't take on ninjas weaker than them?

Not to mention the 5 Kage fight is realllllllllly boring. All it is is Madara spamming Susano'o. Raikage breaks susano'o. Madara spams it again. Tsunade breaks Susano'o. Madara spams it again. No taijutsu, no genjutsu, and barely any ninjutsu.

What do you all think?

Was it too long? Didn't read? Here's a Summary
xd
- Shippudden isn't as good as Part 1 IMO
- Lack of focus on support characters, now it's only about Sasuke and Naruto getting power ups especially in the war.
- Kishi killed off akatsuki too quickly which forced Edo Tensei, but the war is still uninteresting
-Kin Gin fight was pure foolishness.
- No kakashi's rampage
- Introduction of the 7 mist swords were kinda off.
-Itachi's gift to Naruto mostly a waste
-Kabuto's Sage Mode -___-
-5 Kage Fight is boring.
-Edo tensei zombies are sub par.

Last edited:

Zlad

Elite
Kin
22💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The war got cool when Madara came. Tho, i want kishi to make filler fights with all edo's, that would be cool

it's a cool war

-The Agent-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The war got cool when Madara came. Tho, i want kishi to make filler fights with all edo's, that would be cool

it's a cool war
IMO that fight is boring. Susano'o then raikage breaks it. He brags about his strength, and Hashirama. Uses Susano'o some more then Tsunade knocks him back. Now he's taking a page from Naruto's book with Multi Shadow Clone.

Zlad

Elite
Kin
22💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
IMO that fight is boring. Susano'o then raikage breaks it. He brags about his strength, and Hashirama. Uses Susano'o some more then Tsunade knocks him back. Now he's taking a page from Naruto's book with Multi Shadow Clone.
Fights in the manga is always more lame. Remember Pein VS 6 tails in manga? Boring. Anime? Awesome. This will become awesome in anime

Mr.Beastie

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shippuden is wack compared to part 1.
Akatuski wasnt just killed off too fast but they was trolled.They was at a huge disavantage every fight.
They made stupid decisions which didnt even make sense.Which made for more plot holes.
Ex: pain stabbing hinata....like how do you not know that when a jinch gets mad he releases his power.You planned for a long time to capture them and you didnt know that.
ex:deidara not knowing the sharingan can see chakra....He planned on killing itachi and yet he couldnt fgure out the simplest thing of the sharingan.
Ex:Kakuza losing to naruto....no need to explain.
Part 2 has lots of plot holes.
Thoguh its better than nothing.

-The Agent-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
dave i agree a lot but i liked the gold and silver bros
Lol I'm trying to figure out how. I felt like I was being trolled the whole fight.

He needs to give all of kohona 11 new skills to show that they are stronger than the older generation
Yeah I agree. This was the perfect time to show it in each fight but he didn't.

Shippuden is wack compared to part 1.
Akatuski wasnt just killed off too fast but they was trolled.They was at a huge disavantage every fight.
They made stupid decisions which didnt even make sense.Which made for more plot holes.
Ex: pain stabbing hinata....like how do you not know that when a jinch gets mad he releases his power.You planned for a long time to capture them and you didnt know that.
ex:deidara not knowing the sharingan can see chakra....He planned on killing itachi and yet he couldnt fgure out the simplest thing of the sharingan.
Ex:Kakuza losing to naruto....no need to explain.
Lol Kakuzu losing to Naruto was unbelievable. Outsmarted by shadow clones but he was able to fight off and outsmart Kakashi.
But I agree, they were all trolled. Revived, then trolled again.

AlexRG23

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree that the "war arc" is kinda disappointing, but what you said about Naruto is not true. You're right, he never gives up, that's the whole point of the manga, and in Shippuden, he isn't giving up on his best friend Sasuke. He also states many times that he isn't going to die before he becomes hokage. The fact that he doesn't give up, has made him the OP ninja he is today, he needed to become stronger to rescue his friend, and now he has.

But yea, I'm done ranting lol xd

The Dark Moon

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
War.
When we think of war, we can only think of destruction, terror, fear, death and despair. You get those themes when the Gedo Mazo attacked, when Madara appeared, when the Jinks fought Naruto and Bee... but still, it was disappointing because no main character died and hence, no drama. No sorrow.

Reactions: NarutoKage2

Lamar941

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I posted this in another thread, but I'd actually like to make a discussion based on this.

I went back to watching Part 1 Naruto and I couldn't believe I saw this huge of a difference. In part 1 there was a focus on all of the characters and not just Naruto. Granted he's the main character but look at a successful series such as DBZ. Although Goku is of course the strongest there was still focus on other characters such as Gohan, Trunks etc.

Ever since shippuden started it's basically been a race between Sasuke and Naruto to see who is the strongest. Leaving a lot of the other characters in the dust and forgotten. The only two character who got a little spotlight was Shikamaru, and Sakura. Both lasted a few episodes/chapters. We have yet to see the development of Hinata, Shino, Lee, Neji and other characters. Which we kind of saw a lot of in part 1. The naruto I saw was different. He wasn't the besst but he was confident and never gave up on anything because he was a dropout. Now all Naruto is focused on is his bonds with Sasuke. He's not worried about any of his friends, or his Hokage dream. He's just worried about Sasuke. This was was supposed to show the strength of the Konoha 11 as well as other villages. All we really saw is Chouji go into butterfly mode, Naruto's new transformation, and a little bit of Gaara.

Although I used to defend the war arc when people would make threads saying the war sucks, I have to agree with them, now that Kishimoto killed off the akatsuki memebers too quickly, now he was forced to resort to Edo tensei to revive them to try and make the war interesting, along with 100,000 Zetsu plants who are mostly useless in this war. The only thing they are good for is copying the allied shinobi's chakra. And I don't think it has worked.

Now on to the actual fights in the war. Kin Gin brothers was probably the worst fight in the series. I'm not looking forward to that in the Anime. I'd rather watch Tenten vs Temari in the chunin exams. 2 people swallowed by kurama and survived on chakra meat? That was a horrible idea, not to mention they have the So6Ps weapons, which seal a person if they say their favorite word? That was horrible.

Kakashi's rampage? How can you say Kakashi is about to go on a rampage vs the 7 mist swordsmen then don't show kakashi for about 40 chapters? Lol, the powers that each 7 swordsmen have felt a bit rushes. Zabuza's sword repairs itself by using the iron in blood. Dan talked about his ghost technique but we have yet to see it, or him fighting. What happened to Neji's father? What about Kimimaro and Chiyo?

Kishimoto also introduced some new KG and forgot about them. He introduced Dust as a KT and failed to elaborate more on it.

Itachi's gift to Naruto: I will give you a gift that might help you against sasuke. But turns out it is actually used on Edo Itachi and it's a genjutsu. Now it can't be used for another 10 years so Itachi destroys it anyways. It makes sense seeing as it's the only reason why Itachi is fighting Kabuto now, but the way it was introduced and it can only be used once, made it seem like a waste.

Kabuto Sage mode? :sy: ( no need to go into further detail)

The fact that all of the Edo's were defeated so easily makes every previous feat in the Manga useless. Kakuzu was literally owning Kakashi in the 1v1 situation, but as an Edo he didn't really do much against shika ino cho. Most of the Akatsuki members were strong enough to take on Jinchuriki but can't take on ninjas weaker than them?

Not to mention the 5 Kage fight is realllllllllly boring. All it is is Madara spamming Susano'o. Raikage breaks susano'o. Madara spams it again. Tsunade breaks Susano'o. Madara spams it again. No taijutsu, no genjutsu, and barely any ninjutsu.

What do you all think?

Was it too long? Didn't read? Here's a Summary
xd
- Shippudden isn't as good as Part 1 IMO
- Lack of focus on support characters, now it's only about Sasuke and Naruto getting power ups especially in the war.
- Kishi killed off akatsuki too quickly which forced Edo Tensei, but the war is still uninteresting
-Kin Gin fight was pure foolishness.
- No kakashi's rampage
- Introduction of the 7 mist swords were kinda off.
-Itachi's gift to Naruto mostly a waste
-Kabuto's Sage Mode -___-
-5 Kage Fight is boring.
-Edo tensei zombies are sub par.
I can't deny you are right. I agree with what you said on Character Development. Part 1 does well on Character Development. Kishi had a way of introducing many Characters and making them likable. It reminded me of the term Nakama on One Piece, but Naruto's focus has changed and all his goal is about saving Sasuke. I get that Kishi wants to show that a Friend would do anything to a help another friend no matter how far they have falled.

5 Kages vs Madara is dragging on alot. Most of the fights are rushed in the Manga and I don't know how they are going to pan out in the Amine. Speaking on the Amine, it is already dragging on. I can't take it seriously when a Character dies anymore, because all I think about is Edo-Tensei.

I admit at first I did like the Kin Gin fight when the Chapter came out, but it was forgettable, so I had to re-read the Chapters.

-The Agent-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree that the "war arc" is kinda disappointing, but what you said about Naruto is not true. You're right, he never gives up, that's the whole point of the manga, and in Shippuden, he isn't giving up on his best friend Sasuke. He also states many times that he isn't going to die before he becomes hokage. The fact that he doesn't give up, has made him the OP ninja he is today, he needed to become stronger to rescue his friend, and now he has.

But yea, I'm done ranting lol xd
Yeah I get what you mean. But it felt like he only focused on his bond with Sasuke and forgot about his bond with others.

kakashi owns all

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol I'm trying to figure out how. I felt like I was being trolled the whole fight.

Lol Kakuzu losing to Naruto was unbelievable. Outsmarted by shadow clones but he was able to fight off and outsmart Kakashi.
i was epicly trolled in the kakashi rampage well i liked them because we finally got to see what darui was made of (kida like why i like zabuza i got to see how epic kakashi was)

The Eye

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

your mistaken kakashi could have owned kakuzu, he had to protect chouji and ino also. which made the fight extremely hard for kakashi.

Bigfoot34501

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes! Finally someone else agrees that Kakuzu being defeated by Naruto like that was one of the biggest troll moments by Kishi in Shippuden so far. He's been gone for a while now though ever since Tobi freed him. I'm personally hoping that Kishi will have him rescue Hidan and Deidara. I know they'll be trolled to death again, but I would just like to see Hidan and Deidara running around a battlefield screaming profanities and causing chaos one more time before they go down

OT: I generally agree with everything you've said Dave. The War arc has been more or less a disappointment. I personally think that at this point Kishi has hit a power-up ceiling and that everyone is now too damn powerful

Take the 5 Kages vs Madara as an example. Madara is extremely powerful, he has Mokuton, EMS, and the Rinnegan. So the Kages are basically stuck with using Taijustu and Madara is stuck using Mokuton and Susanoo because that's all that seems to work on them. It's a bad situation for Kishi because he's hyped up this fight so much, but neither side can't seem to hurt the other. I'm personally interested in seeing how powerful these wood clones really are, although I bet they'll also be somehow trolled to death

As for Kabuto vs Sasuke and Itachi, I must say that I'm not surprised at Kabuto's "that justu." I figured that he was going to have some ridiculous power-up the moment he first mentioned it. BUT I did not expect him to use "that justu" so quickly; I thought he would revive the dead Uchiha clan to f*ck with Sasuke and Itachi and try to get them to fight against each other. I still think they're going to be revived, but after Kabuto gets his ass kicked by Sasuke and Itachi. It would give Kabuto a chance to escape, which should be guaranteed by the plot

As for the war arc in general, I hope Kishi finshes it off the right way. IMO, he can make up all of this by having a good ending to the war arc. But that's because I personally think that this won't be the last arc in Naruto

Last edited:
Reactions: -The Agent-

-The Agent-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i was epicly trolled in the kakashi rampage well i liked them because we finally got to see what darui was made of (kida like why i like zabuza i got to see how epic kakashi was)
Yeah I was looking forward to the rampage too. Kakashi was supposed to show us why he knows 1000 jutsus. But Kishi didn't show it, and most of the swordsmen are sealed!

Yeah Darui was cool, just the whole Kin Gin Brothers eating Kurama's chakra meat, surviving in his stomach for two weeks, and possessing the Sage's weapons which seal people according to their favorite word kind of threw that fight off.

Yo pappy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The only gripe I have with the war is that it's being rushed, or at least that's what it feels like. I would have been much more satisfied with a couple more chapters showcasing the Edos fight. We all know they couldn't have been defeated so easily. Characters like Kimimaro, Deidara, and a couple others should have caused A LOT more damage. I would have also loved to see Mangetsu fight, all that hype for nothing.

The Dark Moon

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Let's hope they elaborate and extend Kakashi's rampage (among other fights) in the anime. I guess it won't feel the same since it's not really canon, but hey, better than nothing.

And for God's sake, pray they use good fluid animation!! :|

Besides, it'll be better than having entire episodes of flashbacks, huh.

Reactions: MangaPrincessOfPunk
Status
Not open for further replies.