Are song of ice and fire (GOT) books worth reading ?

Wparker6804

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what is that about
Starts off basic "young adults, different world, supernatural events, superhuman abilities, madmen, save the world" and so on. But it evolves. Characters grow EMMENSELY and there's alot of diversity.

People don't gain things for no reason other than being powerful and whenever things go down hill it's for progression and development. REALLY nice twists & turns, greatly developed villains and a lot of the crises that they face and battles that commence are clever.

A strong willed hard head, an antisocial short-fuse, a comic relief jackass and big-hearted Mr. No-Self-Esteem are 4 male steryotype heros that are evolved and grow in sync with and because of their 4 equally important heroine love interests (calm & colective yet shy, loving & patient yet fearful, hardass & over-diciplined and *Miss Shining Star that falls apart*).

Alternate planet, alternate timeline, MASSIVE map (that kindah feels like a wannabe LotR Middle Earth) with a LOT of various terrain, architecture & landscapes. High stakes that get even larger as time progresses with MEAN cliffhangers at the end of the second, third and fourth novels (5 in total).
what is that about
Oh, sorry. I misread. I thought you were talking about mine..... embarrassing.....
It's the second series of the Percy Jackson novels. He's "A" character but he's not the MAIN character. You need to read the first 5 first--but they're all fun.

Don't judge if you've seen the movies--they suck and are brainless, but that's the exact opposite of the books.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Titan Thanos

Mad Titan Thanos

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Starts off basic "young adults, different world, supernatural events, superhuman abilities, madmen, save the world" and so on. But it evolves. Characters grow EMMENSELY and there's alot of diversity.

People don't gain things for no reason other than being powerful and whenever things go down hill it's for progression and development. REALLY nice twists & turns, greatly developed villains and a lot of the crises that they face and battles that commence are clever.

A strong willed hard head, an antisocial short-fuse, a comic relief jackass and big-hearted Mr. No-Self-Esteem are 4 male steryotype heros that are evolved and grow in sync with and because of their 4 equally important heroine love interests (calm & colective yet shy, loving & patient yet fearful, hardass & over-diciplined and *Miss Shining Star that falls apart*).

Alternate planet, alternate timeline, MASSIVE map (that kindah feels like a wannabe LotR Middle Earth) with a LOT of various terrain, architecture & landscapes. High stakes that get even larger as time progresses with MEAN cliffhangers at the end of the second, third and fourth novels (5 in total).

Oh, sorry. I misread. I thought you were talking about mine..... embarrassing.....
It's the second series of the Percy Jackson novels. He's "A" character but he's not the MAIN character. You need to read the first 5 first--but they're all fun.

Don't judge if you've seen the movies--they suck and are brainless, but that's the exact opposite of the books.
so you are writer or something

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They are definitely worth reading but I'd say at this point your better off with just watching the show.

Because that's where you'll be able to see the ending first because there's zero chance he'll write 2 more books before the shows done will be lucky if get 1 more book before the ending.

And to be honest I feel like the last book wasn't that good and it was a chore to get through it. And I think they handled certain things in the show a lot better than in the books.