Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I mean that metaphorically, as in are we programmed, like robots, we simply don't know our own code or purpose?
Are our actions simply facades for underlying structures and desires we can only guess?

For example,

perhaps we have survival instincts that guides us towards certain goals in life and away from dangers, but we are not aware of these decisions we simply go where we feel like or want to, it's just that deep inside of our dna we have those mental traits that drives us????

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean that metaphorically, as in are we programmed, like robots, we simply don't know our own code or purpose?
Are our actions simply facades for underlying structures and desires we can only guess?

For example,

perhaps we have survival instincts that guides us towards certain goals in life and away from dangers, but we are not aware of these decisions we simply go where we feel like or want to, it's just that deep inside of our dna we have those mental traits that drives us????
I don't know about the Gods playing with us but I think it's quite possible that we are just flesh robots functioning on a prewritten code. I mean with almost certainty this is at least to some extent. Look at a male's desire to often provide, defend and be attracted to females. This is not learnt but It is encoded in us, so the question is to what extent past the basics are we functioning based on the illusion of free will?

I think when It comes to human beings, we may be mudding the water with what we want to be true vs what is true. We are the most intelligent animals on earth, but that's all we are... animals. Perhaps through movies, books and just pure fantasy of wanting to be special or something greater we hope that we're different, something totally unique and for us, anything is possible. The simple truth is, to my knowledge, we simply have limitations. We can't grow past what is scientifically possible, we can't naturally just boost our intelligence to inhuman levels, we can't regrow limbs and we can all be killed. The fact that we debate these topics may be hilarious to a more intelligent unbias creature, as the answer may just be a simple "Of course, yet here you are debating so thoroughly in the hopes of it being untrue."

But hey, who wants to be told that they're a robot, functioning with no free will?

• Love
Reactions: Chikombo

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know about the Gods playing with us but I think it's quite possible that we are just flesh robots functioning on a prewritten code. I mean with almost certainty this is at least to some extent. Look at a male's desire to often provide, defend and be attracted to females. This is not learnt but It is encoded in us, so the question is to what extent past the basics are we functioning based on the illusion of free will?

I think when It comes to human beings, we may be mudding the water with what we want to be true vs what is true. We are the most intelligent animals on earth, but that's all we are... animals. Perhaps through movies, books and just pure fantasy of wanting to be special or something greater we hope that we're different, something totally unique and for us, anything is possible. The simple truth is, to my knowledge, we simply have limitations. We can't grow past what is scientifically possible, we can't naturally just boost our intelligence to inhuman levels, we can't regrow limbs and we can all be killed. The fact that we debate these topics may be hilarious to a more intelligent unbias creature, as the answer may just be a simple "Of course, yet here you are debating so thoroughly in the hopes of it being untrue."

But hey, who wants to be told that they're a robot, functioning with no free will?
haterftL what's ur religion???..

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Do you think this makes it possible to predict people's actions and predict the future?

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you think this makes it possible to predict people's actions and predict the future?
Yes definitely. It's not even a matter of possibly predicting, normal people accurately predict every day. Every action can be traced back to a reason, you can't have something from nothing. Once you understand the variables, you can accurately predict the future. If you understand all the variables, you can predict it with I think 99% certainty if not 100%.Psychologists try and understand a person's history in order to cure or prevent a problem because the problem is often rooted from a past experience.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Chikombo