Appreciation thread for strongest good character not being MC, and never will be

Guardian of the Rain

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(OF THE MC’S GENERATION OR NEAR GENERATION)

To me, it's redundant how by the end of shonen manga/anime, the MC is the strongest character.

This thread is to give appreciation for shonen manga/anime that make the strongest good character not the MC.

Gamaran: Gama hadn't surpassed Iori and never will.
You must be registered for see images

Katekyo Hitman Reborn: Tsuna hadn't surpassed Hibari and never will.
You must be registered for see images

I think this applies to My Hero Academia, too. Todoroki > MC Midoriya, and it will likely stay that way until the end. Midoriya's not gonna become as strong as prime All Might, but Todoroki will surpass Endeavor.

What about Fairy Tail? I used to be a fan. Has Natsu surpassed Laxus? If not, will he eventually?

Last edited:

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think Natsu surpassed Laxus with the power of friendship.

But I'm not knowledgeable in FT's power level to confirm that assumption. Just guessing based on the last few fights.

Belserion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I figured he did, but I wasn't sure.

The last Arc of Fairy Tail was all over the place in terms of power scale.

Remember Erza destroying that meteor with all of her bones broken :lmao:
@bold please kill me.. I was trying to forget that. Irene casually used jellal's strongest spell, actually it was even more powerful than jellal's spell, and Erza in her weakest state ever destroys it with a single sword.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes. That many "HA"s is necessary for your statement. Have you even read the manga? I have, like 4 times now. Hibari is way out of Tsuna's league throughout the whole story, beginning to end :lmao:
Nah brate Tsuna would solo. Tsuna >> Hibari =/> Rokudo >>> Yamamoto > the rest.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lucy is the MC? Jesus Christ how did I not know this :lol
Yea Lucy MC. She's telling her story from her POV. But she a fodder.

Now you’re just trolling.

The Cloud Guardian is always #1 and the Sky Guardian is #2. That’s why Cloud Guardians work independently from his fellow Guardians. Because they’re strong enough to work alone
That's like saying mist are stronger because they also do their own thing and even try killing the leader.

SixPathsMike101

Regular
Kin
55💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is in the wrong section, but Yeah I hope Midoriya becomes the strongest, I'm all for breaking usual shonen cliche's but one of the things I like about Midoriya is that he really is starting from the bottom

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Remember when Erza broke a meteor with all of her brones broken and shit?

Mashima has no shame :lol
I dropped FT the moment Brandish via bullshit turned to the good side lol. Then curiosity kicked in and i continued reading it i regret doing that due to all that extra bs that happened.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dropped FT the moment Brandish via bullshit turned to the good side lol. Then curiosity kicked in and i continued reading it i regret doing that due to all that extra bs that happened.
SAME.

I dropped it after the Natsu and Gray BS. I picked it up again only to be disappointed, and then I dropped it 100%.

I only came in one last time to read the final chapter and to laugh at the pairing fan's :lol

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
SAME.

I dropped it after the Natsu and Gray BS. I picked it up again only to be disappointed, and then I dropped it 100%.

I only came in one last time to read the final chapter and to laugh at the pairing fan's :lol
Man that Natsu vs Gray was such BS. No full demon form for either of them. And somehow Erza come out of no where and block their attacks like it was nothing and they stop fighting. Then Lucy somehow able to overwrite the book of END.